New killer won't be from RE8

Now they haven't outright said RE8 killer won't be in this chapter but here are a variety of reasons why it won't happen

1. A killer from re8 would have abilities that spoil RE8 somewhat. Capcom would not want to risk spoiling their game before their game is even played by many people. Spoiling a game does put you at greater risk of less game sales. Capcom would not want to take any risks with their new release and I just don't think Capcom would share secret details of their game with another company prior to release

2. Because RE8 hasn't released yet which means Capcom has had some time to make adjustments to the villans while bhvr has been working on their content for the chapter for some time now. I just don't see capcom sharing info on their villains with another company when they could still make major changes to the villains. Capcom would want to keep as much flexibility available to them until last minute while lending it out to bhvr would prevent them.

3. Much bigger risk to use re8 content than Classics. The newer games are a lot more mixed amongst fans while games like re2 are very much loved by old and new fans. It would be a safer choice to pick characters from the most popular games than from a game that has yet to release which is hopefully good but it may not be.

Comments

  • This isn't to say re8 content will never get in but for now I just dont see it happening

  • It's going to be one from the earlier games so Nemisis or Mr X. I doubt it would be from RE8 or even Jack Baker from RE7 because they aren't Iconic characters when you think about resident evil.

  • Resident Evil 8 drops on May 7th. The RE Chapter isn't due until mid June.

    So your points about not spoiling the game before it even comes out isn't very valid.

    • A killer from re8 would have abilities that spoil RE8 somewhat

    This is being made by the developers who made The Legion, a killer who they promised would act as a survivor, a killer whom in his trailer pretended to be a survivor and then stabbed another one in the stomach, and what did we get? An anorexic guy who runs and gets a headache

    The blight, the mighty alchemist, who has no power related to any drugs or causes any sort of blight or anything, he just plays pinball

    And now most recently the Trickster, who doesn't do any tricks or tricks anyone, he just throws blades.

    If Lady Dimitrescu is the new killer then her power will just be to have claws.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    Resident Evil 8 drops on May 7th. The RE Chapter isn't due until mid June.

    So your points about not spoiling the game before it even comes out isn't very valid.

    The chapter release would be before many people play it. A month difference is not that long between games. I just don't see capc9m taking an unnecessary risk of spoiling their game (along with the other reasons) when they have lots of other content to use.

    Also, capcom would have had to be in contact with bhvr for some time on this chapter and I just don't see them wanting to take any chances sharing details outside of their company

  • I do have to agree for the most part. I just feel like BHVR wants to get the absolute MOST out of this chapter as they possibly can and, at least for now, characters like Jack Backer and Lady Dimitrescu are just not up to the iconic levels like Nemesis or Mr. X or even William Birkin and, on a off note, I kinda agree with what Paulie said in one of his recent videos on how this MIGHT just be the very first chapter we get 2 killers in a DLC.

    Anyways, side note aside, like you mentioned, this doesn’t mean it couldn’t be her or we might see RE8 content down the line but I feel like Capcom wants to give people plenty of time to play their game.

  • I mean, that should be obvious. Capcom will want to have something unique, like, you should not get Content from the RE8-game for 7 Euros in DBD, this would be stupid of them to do.

    Like, if I create a game, I will not sell the most recent content to other games, I keep it unique for a time so that people who want to play this new content will have to buy and play my game.

    (Let alone that it works the same in a more negative way - if BHVR does a poor execution of new content, people might not want to buy RE8 if they see it in DBD, Capcom will not want to take a risk here)

  • Sad I was really hyped at the idea of the camera focusing on Lady Dimitrescu's 17.3" feet while breaking a pallet

  • Btw, if you havent played the demos and can you should totally do it

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    Btw, if you havent played the demos and can you should totally do it

    Is it for Steam?

  • I don't think the first one is but the second one might be. One demo just came out

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2122010#Comment_2122010

    I don't think the first one is but the second one might be. One demo just came out

    damn it, now I might not be able to see if RE village will work on my PC.

  • I mean, they promised iconic characters.

    Tall vampire lady is anything but iconic. Nemesis/Mr X gon give it to ya will be a killer.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2122013#Comment_2122013

    damn it, now I might not be able to see if RE village will work on my PC.

    Afaik steam users get the hour long double demo around 1st-2nd May timezone dependant (6pm May 2nd-2am May 3rd for me)

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2122018#Comment_2122018

    Afaik steam users get the hour long double demo around 1st-2nd May timezone dependant (6pm May 2nd-2am May 3rd for me)

    Oh do they, thats nice

    also what do you mean by Afaik? I never seen a word like that no offense

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2122080#Comment_2122080

    Oh do they, thats nice

    also what do you mean by Afaik? I never seen a word like that no offense

    As far as I know

  • The killer will be a generic zombie and the survivor will be Ashley Graham, just to mess with us.

  • Pretty sure we're getting Birkin - Stage 1

  • @Raccoon said:

    Pretty sure we're getting Birkin - Stage 1

    lol i saw someone soeculating it would be final stage birkin which is insane 😅

  • This content has been removed.
  • @ClamorVentus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/243863/new-killer-wont-be-from-re8

    A content creator said a good theory that the X could represent Mr.X, it can be to catch us off like the 4 of pyramid head so mark my words and his words until the May 25th.

    Yeah I think that's an interesting theory and certainly possible. I think he is defonetly top 3 most likely (Mrx, Nemesis, and Birkin). Id rather him over nemesis since I think nemesis has gotten plenty of attention in the last year and would love for mrx to get a little more love. He seems a lot easier to picture in the game imo

  • Most likely killers in no particular order

    Mrx

    nemesis

    Birkin


    Less likely killers

    Lisa Trevor (from remake) -she isn't that popular overall and less known but is from a popular game. Id love her in and think she could be a blast

    Wesker- not sure what he would do besides shoot people and teleport punch. Other than that he is just a dude besides the re5 end transformation which was happy as hellll

    Jack Baker- he wouldn't carry over his personality from 7 which is the main point of him and less people liked re7 than remake 2.


    Everyone else not gonna happen for this batch at least

  • This content has been removed.
  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    Now they haven't outright said RE8 killer won't be in this chapter but here are a variety of reasons why it won't happen

    1. A killer from re8 would have abilities that spoil RE8 somewhat. Capcom would not want to risk spoiling their game before their game is even played by many people. Spoiling a game does put you at greater risk of less game sales. Capcom would not want to take any risks with their new release and I just don't think Capcom would share secret details of their game with another company prior to release

    2. Because RE8 hasn't released yet which means Capcom has had some time to make adjustments to the villans while bhvr has been working on their content for the chapter for some time now. I just don't see capcom sharing info on their villains with another company when they could still make major changes to the villains. Capcom would want to keep as much flexibility available to them until last minute while lending it out to bhvr would prevent them.

    3. Much bigger risk to use re8 content than Classics. The newer games are a lot more mixed amongst fans while games like re2 are very much loved by old and new fans. It would be a safer choice to pick characters from the most popular games than from a game that has yet to release which is hopefully good but it may not be.

    I think that Nemesis or Mr. X is much more likely (more iconic, anniversary celebrating nostalgia, etc.), but RE8 is released on May 7th, whereas our PTB won't be revealed until May 25th. At the point it's too late for RE to make major changes to the game, so while it's much less likely I wouldn't discount Ethan Winters or Lady Dimitrescu as possible Survivor and Killer.

    This has nothing to do with me wanting to experience the tall mommy vampire mori me the way she does in the RE8 demo. Nope, not at all. 😅