Interview series episode 4: QwQw

In my first three series the community was able to learn more about major members dspaceman20, GoodBoyKaru, and Yords. We got to learn their insight and believes about the state if the game. Now we're on to @QwQw and once more we'll learn about his opinions on the state of the game. First questions

1. How'd you discover the game?

2. How'd you come up with the name QwQw?

Comments

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2123523#Comment_2123523

    Dead Hard.

    I know many will disagree, but this perk is utter bullshit. I would have gladly taken a nerf to it over Ds or OoO.

    It's unfun as hell, takes no skill or effort to use, and is extremely strong.

    29. Did All Kill give us worthwhile perks to run or more disappointment?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2123559#Comment_2123559

    29. Did All Kill give us worthwhile perks to run or more disappointment?

    For the most part, yes.

    Starstruck is pretty good, it almost entirely destroys body-blocking, and can even be used after you're done carrying someone.

    Hex: Crowd Control, similar to Starstruck, is pretty good. It makes looping incredibly difficult.

    No way Out is bad in my opinion. End game perks in general aren't that strong, and that includes this one.

    Fast Track is bad. I don't see how it would be useful.

    Self Preservation is bad. It's rare that it'll even activate, and it doesn't even have a strong effect.

    Smash Hit I think could be good, but since pallet stuns are bugged right now, it's rare that it'll actually proc, but believe after the bug gets fixed that it will be a fine perk.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126033#Comment_2126033

    For the most part, yes.

    Starstruck is pretty good, it almost entirely destroys body-blocking, and can even be used after you're done carrying someone.

    Hex: Crowd Control, similar to Starstruck, is pretty good. It makes looping incredibly difficult.

    No way Out is bad in my opinion. End game perks in general aren't that strong, and that includes this one.

    Fast Track is bad. I don't see how it would be useful.

    Self Preservation is bad. It's rare that it'll even activate, and it doesn't even have a strong effect.

    Smash Hit I think could be good, but since pallet stuns are bugged right now, it's rare that it'll actually proc, but believe after the bug gets fixed that it will be a fine perk.

    30. At the moment it seems we'll get a diversity in perks if Lucky Break and Open Handed remain the same. But the majority of perks are still underwhelming. Is there a certain group of perks you believe should get changed first? And should we nerfing strong perks before buffing weak ones?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126071#Comment_2126071

    30. At the moment it seems we'll get a diversity in perks if Lucky Break and Open Handed remain the same. But the majority of perks are still underwhelming. Is there a certain group of perks you believe should get changed first? And should we nerfing strong perks before buffing weak ones?

    This is deceptively a very hard hitting question to answer.

    Because Behavior has to decide whether to nerf the strong perks down to the level of the weaker perks we have now, or buff the weaker perks up to the level of the strong perks we have now.

    Many perks like Ds, Bt, Pop, Ruin, and Undying, all act as band aid perks for core issues of the game. I believe it would be for the best if Behavior addressed these issues, and then nerfed all current strong meta perks down to a more reasonable level. This, in my opinion, would promote more skillful and fun gameplay for both sides.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126285#Comment_2126285

    This is deceptively a very hard hitting question to answer.

    Because Behavior has to decide whether to nerf the strong perks down to the level of the weaker perks we have now, or buff the weaker perks up to the level of the strong perks we have now.

    Many perks like Ds, Bt, Pop, Ruin, and Undying, all act as band aid perks for core issues of the game. I believe it would be for the best if Behavior addressed these issues, and then nerfed all current strong meta perks down to a more reasonable level. This, in my opinion, would promote more skillful and fun gameplay for both sides.

    31. What are these core issues? And do you believe a proposed solution of making perks base would help with this?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126394#Comment_2126394

    31. What are these core issues? And do you believe a proposed solution of making perks base would help with this?

    These core issues include things like, genrushing, camping, and tunneling.

    While making some perks basekit could help, I also believe that some of these issues should be addressed in a different manner.

    For example, it is commonly known that gens simply go by too fast. A solution I see for this is to add another objective for survivors to do. Maybe something along the lines of finding fuses for the exit gates. Something that's fun for survivors to do, while also slowing down the overall speed of trials.

    After we do that, hopefully killers will feel the need to camp and tunnel less. Obviously though, there will still be some that do, so, we can add counter measures for that. Like some form of, Ds, Bt, or Kindred being basekit.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126399#Comment_2126399

    These core issues include things like, genrushing, camping, and tunneling.

    While making some perks basekit could help, I also believe that some of these issues should be addressed in a different manner.

    For example, it is commonly known that gens simply go by too fast. A solution I see for this is to add another objective for survivors to do. Maybe something along the lines of finding fuses for the exit gates. Something that's fun for survivors to do, while also slowing down the overall speed of trials.

    After we do that, hopefully killers will feel the need to camp and tunnel less. Obviously though, there will still be some that do, so, we can add counter measures for that. Like some form of, Ds, Bt, or Kindred being basekit.

    32. What other killers can use an add-on base? As we know Wraith got Windstorm base and Clown yellow cork base. And were received to positive reviews.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126473#Comment_2126473

    32. What other killers can use an add-on base? As we know Wraith got Windstorm base and Clown yellow cork base. And were received to positive reviews.

    Legion - Cold Dirt, Joey's Mixtape. Stolen Sketch Book.

    Trapper - Stitched Bag, Tar Bottle, Logwood Dye, Trapper Bag, Trapper Sack.

    Trickster - Trick Blades.

    Some of these add-on's numbers can be tweaked, but their effects should be made basekit.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2127180#Comment_2127180

    Legion - Cold Dirt, Joey's Mixtape. Stolen Sketch Book.

    Trapper - Stitched Bag, Tar Bottle, Logwood Dye, Trapper Bag, Trapper Sack.

    Trickster - Trick Blades.

    Some of these add-on's numbers can be tweaked, but their effects should be made basekit.

    33. You said above Spirit is unfun to play against and many also say OP. What could be done to make Spirit more fair and enjoyable to play against?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2127385#Comment_2127385

    33. You said above Spirit is unfun to play against and many also say OP. What could be done to make Spirit more fair and enjoyable to play against?

    Many find her unfun because of her lack of counterplay.

    There was a bug a little while back that allowed survivors to hear Spirit's footsteps while she was phasing. I would just add that back into the game as a feature. This way Spirit is still strong, but now has some counterplay for survivors to use.

  • @GoobyNugget said:

    interesting.

    Spicy.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2127427#Comment_2127427

    Many find her unfun because of her lack of counterplay.

    There was a bug a little while back that allowed survivors to hear Spirit's footsteps while she was phasing. I would just add that back into the game as a feature. This way Spirit is still strong, but now has some counterplay for survivors to use.

    34. Are any other killers in need a nerf or something to make them more enjoyable for survivors?

  • Seeing these is always great, keep at it!

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2127577#Comment_2127577

    34. Are any other killers in need a nerf or something to make them more enjoyable for survivors?

    Yes and no. I don't think any killers need a nerf, except maybe Spirit, but there are some that I'd make more enjoyable.

    Freddy - In his current form he isn't fun for anyone. I'd try to make his power more skillful in some way.

    Twins - I kinda get what the devs were going for when they nerfed Twins, but they went about it completely wrong. They should buff Charlotte and make her more appealing to play if they want to discourage slugging with them.

  • @WishIcouldmain thanks for doing these gives me something to read during my downtime at work. They have all been interesting except for @GoodBoyKaru's who's was dull for the most part (not enough cows). Just kidding really!. I do find it extremely rude request for higher post members to be interviewed and better questions asked pretty much at the beginning of the interview. I mean it's bad enough the people asking to be interviewed in the middle of a interview all the time but thats a new low. Hey maybe my view is bad though. Keep it up I love it and I believe most do.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2127427#Comment_2127427

    Many find her unfun because of her lack of counterplay.

    There was a bug a little while back that allowed survivors to hear Spirit's footsteps while she was phasing. I would just add that back into the game as a feature. This way Spirit is still strong, but now has some counterplay for survivors to use.

    if only footsteps was something you can actually hear in the game... XD

  • @chargernick85 said:

    @WishIcouldmain thanks for doing these gives me something to read during my downtime at work. They have all been interesting except for @GoodBoyKaru's who's was dull for the most part (not enough cows). Just kidding really!. I do find it extremely rude request for higher post members to be interviewed and better questions asked pretty much at the beginning of the interview. I mean it's bad enough the people asking to be interviewed in the middle of a interview all the time but thats a new low. Hey maybe my view is bad though. Keep it up I love it and I believe most do.

    thanks i really appreciate it.

  • How many interviews will you do?

  • @chargernick85 said:

    @WishIcouldmain thanks for doing these gives me something to read during my downtime at work. They have all been interesting except for @GoodBoyKaru's who's was dull for the most part (not enough cows). Just kidding really!. I do find it extremely rude request for higher post members to be interviewed and better questions asked pretty much at the beginning of the interview. I mean it's bad enough the people asking to be interviewed in the middle of a interview all the time but thats a new low. Hey maybe my view is bad though. Keep it up I love it and I believe most do.

    Funny just got a complaint the lame questions came first.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2127852#Comment_2127852

    Yes and no. I don't think any killers need a nerf, except maybe Spirit, but there are some that I'd make more enjoyable.

    Freddy - In his current form he isn't fun for anyone. I'd try to make his power more skillful in some way.

    Twins - I kinda get what the devs were going for when they nerfed Twins, but they went about it completely wrong. They should buff Charlotte and make her more appealing to play if they want to discourage slugging with them.

    35. There has been complaints the survivor gameplay has gotten stale. There's been proposed ideas new items, new objectives. Do you believe survivor has gotten boring? And if so how would you improve it?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2128181#Comment_2128181

    35. There has been complaints the survivor gameplay has gotten stale. There's been proposed ideas new items, new objectives. Do you believe survivor has gotten boring? And if so how would you improve it?

    Yes, I believe survivor is getting boring. Hell not just survivor, killer as well.

    The devs need to add a new game mode.

    We've been singing this same damn song since 2016, I think it's about time we got something new that would completely break apart normal gameplay.

    For this said "New Game Mode", well there have been hundreds of ideas thrown around by the community. 2 Killers Vs 8 Survivors, Killer vs Killer, a more stealth based game mode. There are so many different ideas the devs could pick from.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2128899#Comment_2128899

    Yes, I believe survivor is getting boring. Hell not just survivor, killer as well.

    The devs need to add a new game mode.

    We've been singing this same damn song since 2016, I think it's about time we got something new that would completely break apart normal gameplay.

    For this said "New Game Mode", well there have been hundreds of ideas thrown around by the community. 2 Killers Vs 8 Survivors, Killer vs Killer, a more stealth based game mode. There are so many different ideas the devs could pick from.

    36. We are gonna wrap this up but final question. Do you believe DBD is heading in the right direction?

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2128899#Comment_2128899

    Yes, I believe survivor is getting boring. Hell not just survivor, killer as well.

    The devs need to add a new game mode.

    We've been singing this same damn song since 2016, I think it's about time we got something new that would completely break apart normal gameplay.

    For this said "New Game Mode", well there have been hundreds of ideas thrown around by the community. 2 Killers Vs 8 Survivors, Killer vs Killer, a more stealth based game mode. There are so many different ideas the devs could pick from.

    I know the problem they had with 2v8 would be imagine a bubba just facecamping a devour totem while a like good nurse goes and gets the hooks. Theyd need to make some major rebalances for 2v8 which good luck.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2129210#Comment_2129210

    36. We are gonna wrap this up but final question. Do you believe DBD is heading in the right direction?

    Yes and no.

    While I believe the balance of the game is slowly starting to head in the right direction, dbd is still littered with many problems.

    I feel like the biggest issue in the game right now, is just that the devs don't care as much as they used to. Since dbd is the titan of the entire genre, the devs know they can just sit on it without putting much effort.

    Aside from that, I'd say Dead By Daylight more or less is heading in the right direction.

  • I just want to mention, I was literally the only one upvoting QwQw.

    What is wrong with this forum?

    Why did the random comments from people barely involved in this whole thing get more upvotes than the person being interviewed?

    You came here for the interview, right?

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    I just want to mention, I was literally the only one upvoting QwQw.

    What is wrong with this forum?

    Why did the random comments from people barely involved in this whole thing get more upvotes than the person being interviewed?

    You came here for the interview, right?

    download (4).jpeg

    I upvoted a couple i think i just checked the answers while working it just didn't cross my mind to upvote.

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    I just want to mention, I was literally the only one upvoting QwQw.

    What is wrong with this forum?

    Why did the random comments from people barely involved in this whole thing get more upvotes than the person being interviewed?

    You came here for the interview, right?

    Honestly it's not like I really care about upvotes all that much, but sill, thank you for them.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130966#Comment_2130966

    Honestly it's not like I really care about upvotes all that much, but sill, thank you for them.

    It's the principal of the thing.

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    I just want to mention, I was literally the only one upvoting QwQw.

    What is wrong with this forum?

    Why did the random comments from people barely involved in this whole thing get more upvotes than the person being interviewed?

    You came here for the interview, right?

    ngl... I sometimes forget you can upvote stuff here... XD

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    I just want to mention, I was literally the only one upvoting QwQw.

    What is wrong with this forum?

    Why did the random comments from people barely involved in this whole thing get more upvotes than the person being interviewed?

    You came here for the interview, right?

    People don't care about upvoting.

    Not everyone is reading the entire thread since all the questions are separated. And not everyone is following either.

    weird upvoting flex but ok

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130122#Comment_2130122

    Yes and no.

    While I believe the balance of the game is slowly starting to head in the right direction, dbd is still littered with many problems.

    I feel like the biggest issue in the game right now, is just that the devs don't care as much as they used to. Since dbd is the titan of the entire genre, the devs know they can just sit on it without putting much effort.

    Aside from that, I'd say Dead By Daylight more or less is heading in the right direction.

    37. Well thank you very much.

  • Yeah no problem.

    Do you know who your gonna interview next? Or are you gonna make another thread and ask people if they'd like to be interview?

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2131595#Comment_2131595

    Yeah no problem.

    Do you know who your gonna interview next? Or are you gonna make another thread and ask people if they'd like to be interview?

    Last request I'm gonna do the second person who asked. Just need to find time.

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    I just want to mention, I was literally the only one upvoting QwQw.

    What is wrong with this forum?

    Why did the random comments from people barely involved in this whole thing get more upvotes than the person being interviewed?

    You came here for the interview, right?

    I dunno man, I don't know how I got ANY of my upvotes.

    I just say what I think.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130966#Comment_2130966

    I dunno man, I don't know how I got ANY of my upvotes.

    I just say what I think.

    I mean, the issue isn't that anyone else got a lot of upvotes, its that QwQw got like, three total from anyone other than me.

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2131848#Comment_2131848

    I mean, the issue isn't that anyone else got a lot of upvotes, its that QwQw got like, three total from anyone other than me.

    I only upvote things that I agree with and/or appreciate, and that's assuming I don't forget that I CAN upvote people lmao

1 2 3 ›