I'm gonna make this very clear

whether it's before endgame or after, DS should always remain in play for a chance to be used. Especially because that's only a one time use only. If you're upset because you got DS'd at the exit gate than that's your fault for not taking the stun earlier in the game. While I do understand tunneling at EGC is acceptable, the whole purpose of that perk is to prevent tunneling. Yeah it sucks it's happened to me but it's not that big of a deal.

Comments

  • Not every killer can take a DS stun (even after its nerf) early on. It isn't always the killer's fault they couldn't get DS out of the way, they can but not always.

  • Got it. Will slug everyone at the beginning of the game to avoid DS.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Got it. Will slug everyone at the beginning of the game to avoid DS.

    or you could eat the stun early.

  • I don't get people that try to go for a unhooked person in the endgame.

    Like,Borrowed Time exists too.

    Always chase the person that goes for the unhook.

  • Except most people do that? And if they don't it's also completly valid since a 5 second stun and the player with DS who was in the dying state being back on the action and ready to do more gens is a pretty big deal.

    Truth is, DS is not used against tunneling, it's just 60 seconds of invulnerability. so I just slug whoever I'm tunneling and count to 60 over their body.

  • Or I could slug everyone and not eat any stuns :)

  • Like I said: "Not every killer can take a DS stun (even after its nerf) early on. It isn't always the killer's fault they couldn't get DS out of the way, they can but not always."

  • Imagine being this scared of DS still after it got nerfed into oblivion lmao

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117352#Comment_2117352

    Like I said: "Not every killer can take a DS stun (even after its nerf) early on. It isn't always the killer's fault they couldn't get DS out of the way, they can but not always."

    fine but I still stand by my statement.

  • @scenekiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117359#Comment_2117359

    Imagine being this scared of DS still after it got nerfed into oblivion lmao

    I'm being facetious.

    I just tunnel people out regardless of them having DS or not, usually it tilts them and I get an easy win and hatemail.

  • That's why I tunnel people early lol

  • I'm not supposed to tunnel but I'm supposed to eat DS at the beginning or it's my fault for taking DS later...

    Got it?

  • I am not sure why people want to nerf perk to the ground. DS must work in the endgame. If you saved it -- you can use it.

    Yes, I've been hit by DS in the EGC and the survivor escaped, but they paid the prize of one perk slot and got rewarded by playing it well. Why would I complain about that? It is fair.

  • @Dwigtht said:

    I am not sure why people want to nerf perk to the ground. DS must work in the endgame. If you saved it -- you can use it.

    Yes, I've been hit by DS in the EGC and the survivor escaped, but they paid the prize of one perk slot and got rewarded by playing it well. Why would I complain about that? It is fair.

    THANK YOU!

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I'm not supposed to tunnel but I'm supposed to eat DS at the beginning or it's my fault for taking DS later...

    Got it?

    correct!

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    I don't get people that try to go for a unhooked person in the endgame.

    Like,Borrowed Time exists too.

    Always chase the person that goes for the unhook.

    Usually there is a reason a killer really wants that hooked survivor to die. Happens to me when the person I had hooked teabagged or whatever, I am not letting them go and a full 3 survivor swat team full of body blocking and flashlights is not gonna stop me (and never has).

  • Got it just slug the survivors to death so they are never hooked and never got DS

  • @Dwigtht said:

    I am not sure why people want to nerf perk to the ground. DS must work in the endgame. If you saved it -- you can use it.

    Yes, I've been hit by DS in the EGC and the survivor escaped, but they paid the prize of one perk slot and got rewarded by playing it well. Why would I complain about that? It is fair.

    I wish my Hex killer perks would get rewarded too but instead my NOED gets destroyed or they just abandon their hooked teammate as soon as they see I have NOED or just destroy my Hex Ruin or Devour Hope at the beginning of the game.

    Funny how only survivors get to be rewarded by their perks.

  • @RenTheCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117373#Comment_2117373

    I wish my Hex killer perks would get rewarded too but instead my NOED gets destroyed or they just abandon their hooked teammate as soon as they see I have NOED or just destroy my Hex Ruin or Devour Hope at the beginning of the game.

    Funny how only survivors get to be rewarded by their perks.

    thrill of the hunt

  • @Nathan13 said:

    whether it's before endgame or after, DS should always remain in play for a chance to be used. Especially because that's only a one time use only. If you're upset because you got DS'd at the exit gate than that's your fault for not taking the stun earlier in the game. While I do understand tunneling at EGC is acceptable, the whole purpose of that perk is to prevent tunneling. Yeah it sucks it's happened to me but it's not that big of a deal.


    Killers do not always have the power to decide when a Decisive Strike happens. For starters, we might not even know you HAVE it... so there's that.


    Second of all, we can't always control when we get to hook certain Survivors. Maybe the guy with Decisive Strike was hiding in a bush all game, and I didn't see you for most of the game until the very end.

  • if DS is an annoyance for you, simply make the active decision to tunnel early game. stop trying to play fair then getting upset that survivors still have their OP perks at endgame, which is what they want because it’s an easy escape. when I play killer, I don’t play by the survivor rulebook.

  • Thrill of the hunt adds, at tier 3, just 6 more seconds of cleansing time... It doesn't even alert you someone is cleansing the totem. I can't kill AND apply pressure AND protect gens AND protect the hatch AND protect my totem.

  • @RenTheCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117396#Comment_2117396

    Thrill of the hunt adds, at tier 3, just 6 more seconds of cleansing time... It doesn't even alert you someone is cleansing the totem. I can't kill AND apply pressure AND protect gens AND protect the hatch AND protect my totem.

    I'm just throwing it out there, and it says "get a notification when a survivor is cleansing a hex totem".

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    When this perk got nerfed I thought we never get complains about it.

    It doesn't matter if you were or weren't able to eat the stun earlier, DS still protects the user from tunneling no matter what. No, you did not get robbed out of a kill, the game did not end yet. I do not get peoples fascination with giving perks different effects during egc, DS is fine it doesn't deserve another nerf

    I'm so glad you understand this. There are more problems in this game we should be addressing.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Got it. Will slug everyone at the beginning of the game to avoid DS.

    Oofff brutal response lol

    Wish I had your level of confidence my friend.

    I don't even deal with ds at any point as I'm a big walk over also big softy πŸ™ˆπŸ·πŸ’–

  • @Darkskies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117348#Comment_2117348

    Oofff brutal response lol

    Wish I had your level of confidence my friend.

    I don't even deal with ds at any point as I'm a big walk over also big softy πŸ™ˆπŸ·πŸ’–

    If they do gens, they meet their ends.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Nathan13 said:

    whether it's before endgame or after, DS should always remain in play for a chance to be used. Especially because that's only a one time use only. If you're upset because you got DS'd at the exit gate than that's your fault for not taking the stun earlier in the game. While I do understand tunneling at EGC is acceptable, the whole purpose of that perk is to prevent tunneling. Yeah it sucks it's happened to me but it's not that big of a deal.

    Thank you. I’m glad you said it. Killers need to remove it earlier in the game. It’s the killers fault for allowing a previously hooked survivor to still have access to DS at endgame