The only reason I picked “other” is because I want ALL of these and plenty more. The only licensed content I don’t want whatsoever is Jeepers Creepers.
I picked alien cause a xenomorph could be terrifying. I'd also love to see nemesis or mr x from resident evil.
I have an idea for a killer based on the thing or even among us (cause let's be honest among us is basically the thing lol)
Essentially the killer could disguise as a survivor and fake gens and stuff. To knock down or hurt the survivor they'd have to open their body, and attack with it's tendrils, which would have a time frame similar to wraiths appearance time. One of the perks would be to fake gens and actually trigger explosions or work against the progress meter. Another would be to stun survivors with pallets or surprise attack from lockers. I haven't worked out all the kinks cause last thing we need is an op killer. I think a weakness system could help even with other killers
The only reason I picked “other” is because I want ALL of these and plenty more. The only licensed content I don’t want whatsoever is Jeepers Creepers.
I'm shocked you didn't put residemt evil ad an option since it's one of the most talked about choices.
Here are emy thoughts on each
Quiet place- doesn't belong at all
Alien- sure people like Alien a lot (sp do i) but it just doesn't fit thematically, seeing alien carrying bodies is kind of weird, and it's hard to imagine aliens at all working with the entity since they have never worked with anyone across any media. I like them but don't want them in because they just would stick out. Plus they wouldn't climb walls which is a must for them.
Predator- has a better chance than Alien since they already do things like hooking people. I don't like them as much as alien but can picture them in more.
FNAF- has a decent chance but I personally don't want them in. There isnt a good survivor option and the killers are pretty bland overall. I also thought the games were potentially some of the most Overrated game sive ever played (although the lore is interesting somewhat)
I like the idea of Chucky ...but how would he hook them?
Do a Hellraiser DLC!!! Imagine all the skins and weapons you could do with the Cenobites!!! That labyrinth dimension they come from could have some sick and highly frustrating maps as well.
i really want a joel survivor sort of like bill, but now that you mention it a predator would be very cool too, but his power might be kinda dumb because it would basically be wraith or deathslinger/huntress or something plus we have enough ranged bois imo, but him as a character would be very very cool
call me unoriginal, call me crazy. F13 would make a great chapter. camp crystal lake would be a great map along with tommy and jason as characters. i highly doubt we'll get it due to legal issues and because we already have trapper who is basically wannabe jason.
Welp, my pick number 1 was already announced. Resident Evil Chapter is up to release in June. Hurray, can't wait! \0/
Other than that, I still very much want to see Outlast and Candyman chapters. My third pick would be IT and/or The Shining, with either Pennywise or Jack Torrance as a killer - I think it would be dope as hell. But I would be happy to see any Stephen King media in DbD, really. Doctor Sleep, Misery, Cujo, Pet Cemetary - anything you propose, I'll take it.
I don't think that Alien is a good pick, despite my deep love towards the first two movies and the amazing fan concepts people have. Same for Quiet Place, it's fine as it is without any game-adaptations. And I don't even consider Predator to be a part of horror-culture - he's a creepy-looking alien, yes, but his movies are more of a popcorn action, than anything else (not that there's anything wrong with that). As for the FNAF series - I dunno, I don't think it's a must-have #1, but I wouldn't really mind if it shows up in the future... at least it's better than Happy Death Day.
call me unoriginal, call me crazy. F13 would make a great chapter. camp crystal lake would be a great map along with tommy and jason as characters. i highly doubt we'll get it due to legal issues and because we already have trapper who is basically wannabe jason.
Well, Hillbilly is a wannabe Leatherface and we still got Leatherface.
So the main problem here are legal issues, Trapper being inspired by him is not something worth worrying about.
I'm sure BHVR will be happy to take hands on Jason as soon as they can, with how iconic and important this character is to the world of horror and slashers. Besides, Resident Evil has RE: Resistance, which could've been an actual competitor to DbD if Capcom ever gave a damn about their online side-projects... and we still are getting RE Chapter. So existence of F13: The Game is not an issue either.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Alien along with Friday the 13th I am more than satisfied.
Give me clementine from TWDG I just want her in the game ;-;
Resident Evil, preferably the 7th game.
I mean, The Thompson House looks kinda similar, but not by much.
Yeah Birkin would be my second pick for a Resident Evil killer behind Jack.
The only reason I picked “other” is because I want ALL of these and plenty more. The only licensed content I don’t want whatsoever is Jeepers Creepers.
Clock Tower and Hellraiser.
Isn't clock tower the one with the dwarf dude who uses big scissors?
Deformed demonic child, but yes.
Has to be Landshark SNL!
Terminator, I'll be back. In a sec with perks.
A Future Predator from Primeval. And maybe Abby and Conner as survivors.
Edit: Also known as the creatures the monsters from A Quiet Place are based on.
I voted Alien but given a second option I'd say Nemesis from Resident Evil
Pac-Man and the ghosts baybeeeeee
I picked alien cause a xenomorph could be terrifying. I'd also love to see nemesis or mr x from resident evil.
I have an idea for a killer based on the thing or even among us (cause let's be honest among us is basically the thing lol)
Essentially the killer could disguise as a survivor and fake gens and stuff. To knock down or hurt the survivor they'd have to open their body, and attack with it's tendrils, which would have a time frame similar to wraiths appearance time. One of the perks would be to fake gens and actually trigger explosions or work against the progress meter. Another would be to stun survivors with pallets or surprise attack from lockers. I haven't worked out all the kinks cause last thing we need is an op killer. I think a weakness system could help even with other killers
Alien all the way.
nothing against the other licenses though.
there are some.. uh.. ‚speculations‘ currently going around that there might be some Crypt TV stuff coming to DbD.
though it might not be a chapter. And nothing officially confirmed as of now.
Chucky, Child's Play chapter.
Because the creator right?
I'm shocked you didn't put residemt evil ad an option since it's one of the most talked about choices.
Here are emy thoughts on each
Quiet place- doesn't belong at all
Alien- sure people like Alien a lot (sp do i) but it just doesn't fit thematically, seeing alien carrying bodies is kind of weird, and it's hard to imagine aliens at all working with the entity since they have never worked with anyone across any media. I like them but don't want them in because they just would stick out. Plus they wouldn't climb walls which is a must for them.
Predator- has a better chance than Alien since they already do things like hooking people. I don't like them as much as alien but can picture them in more.
FNAF- has a decent chance but I personally don't want them in. There isnt a good survivor option and the killers are pretty bland overall. I also thought the games were potentially some of the most Overrated game sive ever played (although the lore is interesting somewhat)
Yup :/
I like the idea of Chucky ...but how would he hook them?
Do a Hellraiser DLC!!! Imagine all the skins and weapons you could do with the Cenobites!!! That labyrinth dimension they come from could have some sick and highly frustrating maps as well.
Also, the Jeepers Creepers guy.
Yeah that makes sense
Child’s Play Chapter!
I would love to see Chucky as killer, Andy Barclay as survivor, and the doll factory as the map.
The Thing as a mega chapter
i really want a joel survivor sort of like bill, but now that you mention it a predator would be very cool too, but his power might be kinda dumb because it would basically be wraith or deathslinger/huntress or something plus we have enough ranged bois imo, but him as a character would be very very cool
id only want it if the killer could blend in as a survivor but I'm pretty certain they have said they wouldn't make killers do stuff like this
bhvr got ya covered
call me unoriginal, call me crazy. F13 would make a great chapter. camp crystal lake would be a great map along with tommy and jason as characters. i highly doubt we'll get it due to legal issues and because we already have trapper who is basically wannabe jason.
Welp, my pick number 1 was already announced. Resident Evil Chapter is up to release in June. Hurray, can't wait! \0/
Other than that, I still very much want to see Outlast and Candyman chapters. My third pick would be IT and/or The Shining, with either Pennywise or Jack Torrance as a killer - I think it would be dope as hell. But I would be happy to see any Stephen King media in DbD, really. Doctor Sleep, Misery, Cujo, Pet Cemetary - anything you propose, I'll take it.
I don't think that Alien is a good pick, despite my deep love towards the first two movies and the amazing fan concepts people have. Same for Quiet Place, it's fine as it is without any game-adaptations. And I don't even consider Predator to be a part of horror-culture - he's a creepy-looking alien, yes, but his movies are more of a popcorn action, than anything else (not that there's anything wrong with that). As for the FNAF series - I dunno, I don't think it's a must-have #1, but I wouldn't really mind if it shows up in the future... at least it's better than Happy Death Day.
Well, Hillbilly is a wannabe Leatherface and we still got Leatherface.
So the main problem here are legal issues, Trapper being inspired by him is not something worth worrying about.
I'm sure BHVR will be happy to take hands on Jason as soon as they can, with how iconic and important this character is to the world of horror and slashers. Besides, Resident Evil has RE: Resistance, which could've been an actual competitor to DbD if Capcom ever gave a damn about their online side-projects... and we still are getting RE Chapter. So existence of F13: The Game is not an issue either.
I want all but FNAF on this list. I just chose a random one.