why is the word myers blocked
matter of fact, why are a lot of words blocked... did dbd turn snowflake and are now offended by things
matter of fact, why are a lot of words blocked... did dbd turn snowflake and are now offended by things
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I mean...he's just so......nice.
Had to do it to em.
Because the game that's about brutal murder can't have bad words in it. Including the names of some of these brutal killers.
It's not, usually. There's proof of that on the forum. You must've activated the filter so many times that it started blocking more and more words.
Wait, aren't those top two images... A little backwards?
Noooooo
I mean, I prefer shirted Myers. Mystery adds spice
Perhaps perhaps
HERESY!
It is definitely not blocked for me:
I want to know why, apparently, "Freddy main" is blocked. I don't like that at all.
Nope, it is not, I tried.
Beginning to wonder if any of these innocuous terms are actually blocked or if there are some people spreading misinformation. I haven't seen any proof of these terms being blocked, just people complaining that they are and then someone else proving they're not.
Now that is a relief!
Thank you, my friend :)
Try the letter "u". That one for sure was blocked for me. Yes, I am being dead serious. I wrote "u liek mah build" and the letter "u" was blocked.
I'm not ingame anymore but you are lucky:
I feel the same way especially with the extreme rejection of chat filters in general.
But my bf had an interesting theory: Maybe the filter blocks words if the are in a certain sentence or combined with generally blocked words, e. g. "######### Myers" would be blocked to "#### #####" while "Myers" alone is fine. This could also explain @TAG experience. I might test it later.
No problem :)
Thanks. I wonder if your theory about certain words/characters only being blocked if used in a particular string of words has any merit to it. Or maybe they just updated the chat filter or something.
Nah the filter doesnt work like that or at least it doesnt work as intendended.
I rarely use any harsh language, actually I rarely interact in postchat and the first day I had Myers, Real, Name and camping filtered, I dont know what kind of adaptation the filter has to block 3 regular words on someone that rarely writes anything.
it has to be at an endgame lobby I think
The filter itself is definitely active in the pregame-lobby, not the private SWF-lobby or the kyf-lobby though, and my other pictures of words that the filter apparently blocked are from endgame-lobby, where they also weren't blocked for me, so I don't think that it makes a difference but I can try.
Update: The theory is apparently wrong, so you are probably right and they updated the filter.