Keys, keys, keys and more keys. What's up with the chests?

So whether its playing survivor or killer keys are seeming to be found far more often now. I also check for perks or if they was brought in but nope, if found multiple and have had multiple found when playing killer... like why? Btw sabo toolboxes also seem to be very common and they're purple rarity

Comments

  • Seriously is no one else noticed the amount of good items you get in chests? I cant even remember the last time I got a brown. So far it's been at least 30% purple keys in a match... iv been noticing this as both roles still since first posted, is this a bug or have the devs buffed it without saying?

  • Maybe they wanted to test how much keys affect the escape rate, when every match contains a key or two.

  • It should be even more common considering the amount of tunnelling and camping in the game

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    So whether its playing survivor or killer keys are seeming to be found far more often now. I also check for perks or if they was brought in but nope, if found multiple and have had multiple found when playing killer... like why? Btw sabo toolboxes also seem to be very common and they're purple rarity

    It's been happening in most of the matches now to the point that 3-gen is now useless. They escape regardless because of this bug. It rewards survivors (specially swf) for playing badly. I killed half of their team as Trickster (which was a struggle, because it's Trickster), they got 3-gen, weren't doing any gens, and Nea was hiding healing herself just to get in chase with me towards the hatch, where her friend, who was 100% on discord with her, was waiting for her with a key they found.

    I understand that it's possible to find keys in chests. But not in every match. It got to a point that you have to tunnel to win. Now I always go to a match expecting at least one key and it's annoying.

  • It looks like a bug but it could be a shadow buff to keys so developers can get more data on how good they are.

  • It seems like the spawn rates of different rareity of items somehow got messed up. I have been looting chests like crazy, no plunders, just to add to my items each game, and I have gotten more purple and red items then yellow or brown, with almost no greens.

  • Glad I'm not the only one noticing it, what a stupid bug lol

  • @Tsulan said:

    Maybe they wanted to test how much keys affect the escape rate, when every match contains a key or two.

    I hate to be like this: Keys are so stupid. I (and many others) suggested many ideas to make them better, but I haven't seen any attempt or ideas on the developer's end on making them balanced.

    I'm not talking about gutting them, I want a rework where their aura reading aspect is more impactful and the hatch requires a lengthy unlock time.

    It sounds like I'm ranting, but when survivors can use an offering to guarantee where the hatch will spawn at and open it when they only did a few generators to spawn it in is ridiculous. Developer's had forever and even if they couldn't do a full rework, just add a temporary fix in the meantime like you did with the killer's equivalent: Mori. Yes, I feel like they could've been changed differently to be more dynamic and fair, instead of just boring.

    Sorry, just had to let this out, I seen plenty of ideas to make keys and mori interesting (and balanced), but not a single comment from a developer or even a moderator who can potentially forward the idea.

    You know how much it sucks that survivors can just skip the remaining generators and nullify your skill? The same is also with the mori, but at least they put a temporary fix on it until they can make it more interesting.

    Okay, okay, rant done, this has been building up for years. I can only keep quite for so long. 😓

  • using keys is strategy. Same as camping and tunneling

  • I’m only really finding red maps

  • @Tsulan said:

    Maybe they wanted to test how much keys affect the escape rate, when every match contains a key or two.

    I don't think so...They have already years of "DaTa"

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2095618#Comment_2095618

    I hate to be like this: Keys are so stupid. I (and many others) suggested many ideas to make them better, but I haven't seen any attempt or ideas on the developer's end on making them balanced.

    I'm not talking about gutting them, I want a rework where their aura reading aspect is more impactful and the hatch requires a lengthy unlock time.

    It sounds like I'm ranting, but when survivors can use an offering to guarantee where the hatch will spawn at and open it when they only did a few generators to spawn it in is ridiculous. Developer's had forever and even if they couldn't do a full rework, just add a temporary fix in the meantime like you did with the killer's equivalent: Mori. Yes, I feel like they could've been changed differently to be more dynamic and fair, instead of just boring.

    Sorry, just had to let this out, I seen plenty of ideas to make keys and mori interesting (and balanced), but not a single comment from a developer or even a moderator who can potentially forward the idea.

    You know how much it sucks that survivors can just skip the remaining generators and nullify your skill? The same is also with the mori, but at least they put a temporary fix on it until they can make it more interesting.

    Okay, okay, rant done, this has been building up for years. I can only keep quite for so long. 😓

    Best thing would have been to simply remove the hatch and start the EGC when there is only 1 survivor left. No slugging for 4k, no hiding from the killer while hoping that he finds the other survivor first (when there are only 2 left), etc.

    It would be so easy to change the requirements of the EGC and adapt it. In exchange, they could increase the minimum amount of space between the gates and everyone would be happy.

    When the mori nerf came, devs said that they are planning something for keys. But instead they introduced 2 hatch offerings. Which makes 0 sense, if their plan is to nerf keys. Because those offerings were a huge buff for keys. The only way to make them even stronger would have been making it secret offerings.

    Keys create frustrating situations. For killers and for solo survivors, that get left behind. All in all it just looks like another SWF buff.

  • @Mugombo said:

    It should be even more common considering the amount of tunnelling and camping in the game

    Imagine this scenario: You repaired 2 gens, working on the third, the killer still has to find anyone. Suddenly, the killer finds a box on the map, holds m1 at it for a few seconds, then, 3 survivors in your team get killed by the entity like in egc. Do you seriously think this should be very common considering the amount of gen rushing in the game?

  • @valvarez4 said:

    using keys is strategy. Same as camping and tunneling

    Moris were and strategy and they decided to Nerf them because they were "Too Strong"

    Same with the Keys, with the difference that they are not nerfed yet :)

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2095939#Comment_2095939

    Best thing would have been to simply remove the hatch and start the EGC when there is only 1 survivor left. No slugging for 4k, no hiding from the killer while hoping that he finds the other survivor first (when there are only 2 left), etc.

    It would be so easy to change the requirements of the EGC and adapt it. In exchange, they could increase the minimum amount of space between the gates and everyone would be happy.

    When the mori nerf came, devs said that they are planning something for keys. But instead they introduced 2 hatch offerings. Which makes 0 sense, if their plan is to nerf keys. Because those offerings were a huge buff for keys. The only way to make them even stronger would have been making it secret offerings.

    Keys create frustrating situations. For killers and for solo survivors, that get left behind. All in all it just looks like another SWF buff.

    Best thing would have been to simply remove the hatch and start the EGC when there is only 1 survivor left. No slugging for 4k, no hiding from the killer while hoping that he finds the other survivor first (when there are only 2 left), etc.

    I believe this would work, BUT allow the hatch to spawn in once all generators have been completed (for achievement purposes, wouldn't be too bad)

    However, if we do this, we'll have to change how the maps generate exit gate spawns.


    It would be so easy to change the requirements of the EGC and adapt it. In exchange, they could increase the minimum amount of space between the gates and everyone would be happy.

    I don't think that would work because killers could still find a spot to patrol both gates simultaneously and it would just make killers without mobility suffer even more.

    Just copy the indoors maps by making a exit gate title, but on the same edge of the map. That way, you can adjust the gates easily while forcing the killer to at least patrol to win.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2095625#Comment_2095625

    How does that even equate to this discussion?

    Keys are nothing to do with tunneling and camping, and can be used outside of that.

    How about we talk about how all survivor perks should be nerfed because SWF can use them?

    So how ridiculous that sounds.

    Tunnelling/camping = easy win


    Keys = easy win

  • How are keys OP? They only have an impact once the killer has practically won, or the survivors have practically won.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096325#Comment_2096325

    Camping isn't an easy win, in fact against good survivors it's a loss.

    Tunneling is an easy win if your survivor buddies don't take hits/ you don't stealth away.

    Keys is a free escape, not an easy one. There's a difference.

    Camping- you usually lose, not a win 9/10 times. So easy win in low levels of play, sure. But BHVR balance for high levels of play.

    Tunneling- you have to get the person, and then get them 2 more times. All whilst other survivors body block and they survivor (if good) can loop you for a while making it a 1k, still a loss. Also not including swf in this. Good teammates will take hits ect...

    Keys- as long as X amount of gens are done or your the last person alive, you escape once you've found the hatch.

    See the difference.

    Camping in 90% of games is an easy win, it works against solos all the time and most SWF are altruistic and don’t want to let a teammate do absolutely nothing.

    Keys is the same, basically you don’t have to put much work in to get a win, but you still have to do most of the objectives unless the team are dead.

    I don’t agree with either as both make the game ######### for someone else, but people always only seem to address one side

  • Look more killer main whining lol. I'm a killer main and keys don't bother me at all. I don't even camp and tunnel people with keys. Very rarely do they use the keys on me. And if they do, I FAILED.

  • I've seen more keys being used for easy escapes than ever before this week alone. It's absolutely appalling and makes the killer feel cheated, especially if there are still several survivors alive which makes this just even more unfair.

  • I've lost track of the amount of Dull Keys I've pulled out of a chest recently.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096123#Comment_2096123

    Best thing would have been to simply remove the hatch and start the EGC when there is only 1 survivor left. No slugging for 4k, no hiding from the killer while hoping that he finds the other survivor first (when there are only 2 left), etc.

    I believe this would work, BUT allow the hatch to spawn in once all generators have been completed (for achievement purposes, wouldn't be too bad)

    However, if we do this, we'll have to change how the maps generate exit gate spawns.

    It would be so easy to change the requirements of the EGC and adapt it. In exchange, they could increase the minimum amount of space between the gates and everyone would be happy.

    I don't think that would work because killers could still find a spot to patrol both gates simultaneously and it would just make killers without mobility suffer even more.

    Just copy the indoors maps by making a exit gate title, but on the same edge of the map. That way, you can adjust the gates easily while forcing the killer to at least patrol to win.

    They could also buff the endgame perks accordingly. Wake up for example. Or hope.

    People only use NOED and Adrenaline.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096354#Comment_2096354

    As a solo player, that's just wrong.

    I play 50/50 killer/survivor and almost every game the killer camps, they lose.

    I run kindred, because it's a staple.

    Also swf aren't just bots that think "Must save teammate" against a bubba facecamping or a infinite tier 3 Myers camping. They won't just randomly go for the save when it's unsafe.

    Tunneling and camping you still have to put in some work, survivors can escape with key without doing anything. Literally.

    I believe keys and old Mori's were the equivalent.

    Both ended the game easier than it should've been, without completing the objective completely. Tunneling and camping just make it easier to do.

    So we are still waiting for the key nerf whilst Mori's have been nerfed.

    You see, I've only seen survivors go " well now let's change the equivalency once our side has been done" when it comes to this sort of thing. It sucks, really, because it makes you come off as a greedy #########.

    Mori's and keys were equivalent, were waiting for the key part of the equation.

    Facecamping is one thing, camping can still be done without being in the hooked survivors face and takes no work. As soon as you see someone going towards the unhook you just get an easy hit. They they either unhook where you can down both or he runs and you get a free hit. Hardly any work needed. Keys you need to do gens also, for 4 people to escape they gotta do all gens

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096413#Comment_2096413

    That's tunneling my dude, not camping. If they are not staying on your ass either through patrolling or face camping they aren't camping bud.

    I'm not talking about just a 4 man escape. Even a 2 man escape (need 3 gens done) is a pain.

    No it’s not, you could call it proxy camping, but it’s not the same as tunnelling. It’s still camping it’s just not face camping.

    Tunnelling you would go straight for the person who got unhooked, with proxy camping you trade but also get to tunnel after

  • How did we go from messed up chest items to camping and tunneling 🤣 is it possible to have a different discussion without either insults or mentioning camping, swf, tunneling etc. Lol

  • Sorry for necroing, but was this bug ever acknowledged? Can't find anything.