Why Survivors have not good perks anymore?

Silent Hill was last good chapter for survivors. Cheryl was good survivors and her perks was really good. But after her 3 chapters released. But there is not good any perk. Maybe only Deception for sneak builds. That's all.


Last survivor Jun-Jin Lee has worst perks.

Fast Track is meh. Not bad perk but also not good perk, if i wanna gen rush i have better options.

Smash Hit worst exhausted perk. I will still keep Spirint Burst or Dead Hard.

Self-Preservation is also useless. Killer is not blind. If you are in 12 metres teror area killer possibly will see you. And for effects one of your teammates has to take hit.


I dont know but when we will get useful perks for survivors?

Comments

  • @Northener1907 said:

    Silent Hill was last good chapter for survivors. Cheryl was good survivors and her perks was really good. But after her 3 chapters released. But there is not good any perk. Maybe only Deception for sneak builds. That's all.

    Last survivor Jun-Jin Lee has worst perks.

    Fast Track is meh. Not bad perk but also not good perk, if i wanna gen rush i have better options.

    Smash Hit worst exhausted perk. I will still keep Spirint Burst or Dead Hard.

    Self-Preservation is also useless. Killer is not blind. If you are in 12 metres teror area killer possibly will see you. And for effects one of your teammates has to take hit.

    I dont know but when we will get useful perks for survivors?

    I feel like they need to spend a mid-chapter patch just focusing on heavily buffing Survivor and Killer perks. There are so many bad perks in this game that never see use, it's not even funny.

    Perks with obscure or "meh" effects need to be buffed much higher so they're extremely good in that category. All of Steve's perks (Second Wind is his best perk but even then, still difficult to get any use out of) and Ace's perks (luck is the most useless mechanic in DBD and in dire need of a complete rework) are great examples.

    Survivor obsession perks in particular need major buffs or reworks, DS is no longer meta which means that the average Survivor won't use it, which results in multiple games without obsessions, leading to the Killer tunneling. I suppose DS still isn't bad, but everything else that creates obsessions is mediocre (For the People or Blood Pact) or worthless (Sole Survivor) and needs to be looked at.

    Honestly, if I were on the balance team, mid-chapter patches would involve major perk buffs for both sides in addition to either a rework or something else. New perks would also be "balanced", then I'd overbuff them to actually make them balanced.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073407#Comment_2073407

    To be fair, DS didn't prevent you from getting hit by lunges and slugged to leave you unable to do anything. If you knew someone had DS and was trying this, you could lunge to down them instead of grabbing them.

    DS is in a better state now, but DS no longer being meta, and no longer run in solo queue, has unfortunately opened a new can of worms.

    DS still doesn't prevent that. The ONLY thing that changed about it is that you're now unable to do anything to help your team and still be invincible. It's anti-tunnel functionality is till 100% intact.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073407#Comment_2073407

    To be fair, DS didn't prevent you from getting hit by lunges and slugged to leave you unable to do anything. If you knew someone had DS and was trying this, you could lunge to down them instead of grabbing them.

    DS is in a better state now, but DS no longer being meta, and no longer run in solo queue, has unfortunately opened a new can of worms.

    19/20 times, when I told the game to lunge, it still grabbed the survivor, even when I'd try to angle myself so I wasn't right behind them. It was maddening. I can't tell you how many times a gen was popped in my face for that nonsense.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073407#Comment_2073407

    Lol, invincible??? OMG, you have got to be kidding. You mean, just like BT, it made you hit a person ONE extra time. And it is one time use, so unlike all the killer perks where you get benefit the entire game, this perk enabled survivors to protect themselves from a single hit over the entire match. Yeah sooo unfair.

    Difference: You have to earn the functionality of 99% of killer perks.

    Sit.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073469#Comment_2073469

    Difference: You have to earn the functionality of 99% of killer perks.

    Sit.

    You have to be hooked and hit to use DS, it is not just a passive perk. And tell me how hard you work to earn bitter murmurs or whispers or spies in the shadows or iron grasp or hex:ruin or NoEd etc etc. Come on man. Just no.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073441#Comment_2073441

    19/20 times, when I told the game to lunge, it still grabbed the survivor, even when I'd try to angle myself so I wasn't right behind them. It was maddening. I can't tell you how many times a gen was popped in my face for that nonsense.

    No offense, I'm sure you were trying, but are you making sure to actually start holding the attack button before you get that close to them? If you're close enough to get a grab, I think you're waiting too long to actually start the lunge.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073441#Comment_2073441

    DS still doesn't prevent that. The ONLY thing that changed about it is that you're now unable to do anything to help your team and still be invincible. It's anti-tunnel functionality is till 100% intact.

    I suppose that's true. But my point still stands about Survivor obsession perks being either mediocre or useless and in need of major buffs. DS is one of the only useable ones. The only thing you could replace DS with to make sure a obsession is still created per match is For the People tbh.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073491#Comment_2073491

    You have to be hooked and hit to use DS, it is not just a passive perk. And tell me how hard you work to earn bitter murmurs or whispers or spies in the shadows or iron grasp or hex:ruin or NoEd etc etc. Come on man. Just no.

    You have to be hooked and hit. Doesn't sound like earning to me. Sounds like a reward for failure.

    If you insist...

    Bitter murmur - it procs. You then have to earn any value from it. By chasing and downing survivors. Pressuring gens etc.

    Whispers - Doesn't tell you exactly where someone is. It's just a general area. You have to actively find them.

    Spies - See Bitter murmur.

    Iron Grasp - You have to chase, down and pick up a survivor to get any value from it.

    Ruin - You need to pressure gens to get any value from it.

    NOED is the one exception, but it's also the most counterable perk in the game.

    "Come on man. Just no."

    I said stop. You have nothing.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073488#Comment_2073488

    I suppose that's true. But my point still stands about Survivor obsession perks being either mediocre or useless and in need of major buffs. DS is one of the only useable ones. The only thing you could replace DS with to make sure a obsession is still created per match is For the People tbh.

    I have an obsession every match anyway. I run STBFL on most killers aside from those who i don't M1 with.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073494#Comment_2073494

    You have to be hooked and hit. Doesn't sound like earning to me. Sounds like a reward for failure.

    If you insist...

    Bitter murmur - it procs. You then have to earn any value from it. By chasing and downing survivors. Pressuring gens etc.

    Whispers - Doesn't tell you exactly where someone is. It's just a general area. You have to actively find them.

    Spies - See Bitter murmur.

    Iron Grasp - You have to chase, down and pick up a survivor to get any value from it.

    Ruin - You need to pressure gens to get any value from it.

    NOED is the one exception, but it's also the most counterable perk in the game.

    "Come on man. Just no."

    I said sit down. You're so hilariously out of your depth it's not even funny.

    Just as a word of warning from a passing observer: Two people who were very rude just went from normal to banned these past few days. I'd recommend you watch your tone.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073507#Comment_2073507

    Just as a word of warning from a passing observer: Two people who were very rude just went from normal to banned these past few days. I'd recommend you watch your tone.

    I'd also recommend not backseat moderating. Which I am now guilty of as well.

  • Because BHVR is impartial to killer mains. You know it when David King brought the last useful survivor perk and that was like several years ago. Killers get game changing perks every chapter.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/239458/why-survivors-have-not-good-perks-anymore

    I feel like they need to spend a mid-chapter patch just focusing on heavily buffing Survivor and Killer perks. There are so many bad perks in this game that never see use, it's not even funny.

    Perks with obscure or "meh" effects need to be buffed much higher so they're extremely good in that category. All of Steve's perks (Second Wind is his best perk but even then, still difficult to get any use out of) and Ace's perks (luck is the most useless mechanic in DBD and in dire need of a complete rework) are great examples.

    Survivor obsession perks in particular need major buffs or reworks, DS is no longer meta which means that the average Survivor won't use it, which results in multiple games without obsessions, leading to the Killer tunneling. I suppose DS still isn't bad, but everything else that creates obsessions is mediocre (For the People or Blood Pact) or worthless (Sole Survivor) and needs to be looked at.

    Honestly, if I were on the balance team, mid-chapter patches would involve major perk buffs for both sides in addition to either a rework or something else. New perks would also be "balanced", then I'd overbuff them to actually make them balanced.

    I really wanna see good chapter to change meta for both roles. Because all games all same perks all same game styles. I bored. I am trying different builds sometimes but there is so many trash perks.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Because BHVR is impartial to killer mains. You know it when David King brought the last useful survivor perk and that was like several years ago. Killers get game changing perks every chapter.

    I was going to reply. But it's Sluzzy.

  • But you replied? Why you wrote this message if she/he dont worth it? Himmm, ego masturbation maybe? :d I am really feeling sad right now for you.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073489#Comment_2073489

    No offense, I'm sure you were trying, but are you making sure to actually start holding the attack button before you get that close to them? If you're close enough to get a grab, I think you're waiting too long to actually start the lunge.

    I try not to be on top of them, but a lot of gens are directly around LoS blockers, so I turn a corner and the survivor is already pretty close.

    The game makes too many decisions that feel arbitrary/inconsistent from a player's point of view. Distance or some other thing taking away the grab-counter of lunging, aim dressing, not to mention the less precise controls on console. (Sorry, that's off-topic from DS, but it compounds the feeling of unfairness that went with DS when I tried to stop gen progress without proc'ing it and failed on both counts.)

    Personally, right now, I'm still seeing DS the same amount in my matches. If the usage has decreased in my region, it's imperceptible. It's still strong when the killer tunnels off the hook, and it continues to be practically un-counterable during the EGC.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073528#Comment_2073528

    But you replied? Why you wrote this message if she/he dont worth it? Himmm, ego masturbation maybe? :d I am really feeling sad right now for you.

    Untitled Image

    It's cute that you thought you had one up on me though.

    Never going to happen.
  • hard disagree, IMO Felix is the only recent survivor with weak perks

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073511#Comment_2073511

    I'd also recommend not backseat moderating. Which I am now guilty of as well.

    Backseat moderating doesn't seem to be against the forum rules but maybe I didn't see it.

    I'm not trying to act like a mod either, I just don't want to see more people getting banned. It's a simple word of warning...

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073199#Comment_2073199

    Your math is a bit wrong.

    Botany is 33% heal speed.

    Desperate is 14% per an injured survivor (14/28/42/56). Botany and Desperate are pretty equal at 2 survivors injured, not 3. It's only when you get to 3 or 4 survivors that Desperate outshines it.

    But there are different reasons to use them as well.

    Botany also improves your med-kits allowing you get more charges out of them. I think a fully kitted purple med-kit and botany can give you around 5 heals.

    Desperate Measures gives you faster unhooking speed which can allow you to finish unhooking before a killer would otherwise grab you.

    That's the thing: that medkit efficiency weighs more than unhook speed, which further tips the balance in Botany's favour.

    @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073199#Comment_2073199

    Sure other perks can do the same job but it gives people options on how they want to play, some people may like the new perks more and there's nothing wrong with that.

    Yes, they allow different options, and..

    @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073199#Comment_2073199

    Botany doesnt effect unhook speeds which is surprisingly useful. Also oyu can stack botany and desprate measure. Sure Power Struggle isnt that strong by itself but it is defintly one of those perks that has changed how kilers play. Most killers no longer walk through pallets while carrrying people cause of it.

    Yes, they can be stacked. But that doesn't make these perks -good-, which is the point of the topic. Desperate measures should pay off considerably more to weigh out the drawbacks when compared to Botany. Maybe 16% or even 17% per stack, for example.

    With similar functionality, perks should resolve to a similar average. I can see that happening between Botany and We'll Make It, but I'm pretty sure Desperate Measures will average out to less than Botany.

    Take Autodidact for comparison: it -can- outperform both Botany and Desperate measures, and you generally just need to get two heals in for it to do so. All it needs is an RNG dependency fix and it's good to compete with We'll Make It and Botany. Sure, it's risky as all hell, but it's also got one of the highest payoffs.

  • msot likely because every clutch possible to every situation was already invented before 2018. MOM was the latest invent wich was just dumb but got nerfed fast because of how strong it was and survivors tend to stack 16 of those at higher levels, so thats why, especially because they already have everyting and there is no reason to use others than the ones that adjust to the meta killer playstile.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073227#Comment_2073227

    That's the thing: that medkit efficiency weighs more than unhook speed, which further tips the balance in Botany's favour.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073207#Comment_2073207

    Yes, they allow different options, and..

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073206#Comment_2073206

    Yes, they can be stacked. But that doesn't make these perks -good-, which is the point of the topic. Desperate measures should pay off considerably more to weigh out the drawbacks when compared to Botany. Maybe 16% or even 17% per stack, for example.

    With similar functionality, perks should resolve to a similar average. I can see that happening between Botany and We'll Make It, but I'm pretty sure Desperate Measures will average out to less than Botany.

    Take Autodidact for comparison: it -can- outperform both Botany and Desperate measures, and you generally just need to get two heals in for it to do so. All it needs is an RNG dependency fix and it's good to compete with We'll Make It and Botany. Sure, it's risky as all hell, but it's also got one of the highest payoffs.

    Yes and on average despate measuers is only slightly slower than Botany.

  • Fast Track is one of my new favourite perks. 💖

1 2 ›