2 perks to rule all (camping killers)

I'm a killer main but I really dislike hook campers, the times I played against them it was just boring and pointless

after thinking about it for a long time I figured that having these 2 survivor perks (free, without having to unlock it, so any players can counter those killers) would really teach some killers how to behave and play fun and interesting games:


perk 1:

if you are on a hook and you are inside of the killer terror radius or he's at least 24 meters from you, the hook progression is slower by 30/40/50%

if you are in the struggle phase you can't be sacrificed to the entity and the timer freezes as long as one other survivor is in 24 meters or less from the hook, up to a maximum of 30 seconds


120 second instead of 60 seconds per stage is a lot of time: if a mindless killer really want to camp you and you have this perk, teammates have all the time to get healed and ready to bait the killer while one or even two gens pops

if a killer is just close to the hook watching gens and it's risky to save you at least your teammates don't have to rush it to save you last second and get killed instead


perk 2:

the perk gets 1 token every time you get hooked and gets activated if you are unhooking, in the injured state and you have at least 1 token

It grants the endurance status effect during the unhooking and for 2/3/4 seconds after and if the killer hit you during that time you lose 1 token and get the deep wound status effect instead

if this perk has at least 1 token you can't be grabbed when saving a teammate from the hook


this means that if a killer is camping the hook and he manages to hit you before you get to the unhook or it's an insta-down killer like the cannibal you can save your teammates without having to fear to take his place

this is really strong if you are in a bad spot and the killer is close to the hook, if the other survivor doesn't have the other perk and you are injured you can run to the hook and get a last-second to save without getting killed

it's a strong perk and you could abuse it, that's why the perk needs the tokens thing; if a killer is struggling or you just simply haven't been hooked yet it's fair to "trade hooks", this is meant to be an anti-snowball perk like borrowed time or unbreakable

Comments

  • @Amelio said:

    I'm a killer main but I really dislike hook campers, the times I played against them it was just boring and pointless

    after thinking about it for a long time I figured that having these 2 survivor perks (free, without having to unlock it, so any players can counter those killers) would really teach to some killers how to behave and play fun and interesting games:

    perk 1:

    if you are on a hook and you are inside of the killer terror radius or he's at least 24 meters from you, the hook progression is slower by 30/40/50% and if you are in the struggle phase you can't be sacrificed to the entity and the timer freezes indefinitely

    120 second instead of 60 seconds per stage is a lot of time: if a mindless killer really want to camp you and you have this perk, teammates have all the time to get healed and ready to bait the killer while one or even two gens pops

    if a killer is just close to the hook watching gens and it's risky to save you at least your teammates don't have to rush it to save you last second and get killed instead

    perk 2:

    the perk gets 1 token every time you get hooked and gets activated if you are unhooking, in the injured state and you have at least 1 token

    It grants the endurance status effect during the unhooking and for 2/3/4 seconds after and if the killer hit you during that time you lose 1 token and get the deep wound status effect instead

    if this perk has at least 1 token you can't be grabbed when saving a teammate from the hook

    this means that if a killer is camping the hook and he manages to hit you before you get to the unhook or it's an insta-down killer like the cannibal you can save your teammates without having to fear to take his place

    this is really strong if you are in a bad spot and the killer is close to the hook, if the other survivor doesn't have the other perk and you are injured you can run to the hook and get a last-second save without getting killed

    it's a strong perk and you could abuse it, that's why the perk needs the tokens thing; if a killer is struggling or you just simply haven't been hooked yet it's fair to "trade hooks", this is meant to be an anti-snowball perk like borrowed time or unbreakable

    The 1st perk I think personally is a really great idea and if you combine that with a new system where if 2 or more survivors are hooked at once the killer gets an advantage such as hook progression being quicker or more Bloodpoints then you pretty much make camping a pointless strategy. I really think this perk should be added to the game and it should be accessible from the start of the game so you don't have to buy it, that will pretty much make every campers game ruined. I also think their should be a perk where your scratch marks don't show for 60 seconds after you get off the hook, this would throw tunnellers off your trail a bit.

  • @RealKamakaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/239228/2-perks-to-rule-all-camping-killers

    The 1st perk I think personally is a really great idea and if you combine that with a new system where if 2 or more survivors are hooked at once the killer gets an advantage such as hook progression being quicker or more Bloodpoints then you pretty much make camping a pointless strategy. I really think this perk should be added to the game and it should be accessible from the start of the game so you don't have to buy it, that will pretty much make every campers game ruined. I also think their should be a perk where your scratch marks don't show for 60 seconds after you get off the hook, this would throw tunnellers off your trail a bit.

    Babysitter is a Teachable Perk unique to Steve Harrington. It can be unlocked for all other Characters from Level 30 onwards: Perk descriptions may vary from in-game descriptions for reasons explained here.Perks support Mouse-over functionality (desktop version only): hovering over the modifier words with your cursor will reveal the values behind them.On mobile browsers, the values are displayed in small text after the modifier words. Desktop users experiencing issues with the mouse-over may tem

    It needs a buff for sure, but 60 seconds? you are tripping

  • Are you sure your a killer main? because that second perk sounds op af especially with bt which all that does is bring back old bt and destroys egc camping so if the last gen pops you might as well give up

    Edit:1st perk can be abused by survivors since they loop with 24 meters of the hook or leave signs around the hook to force the killer to stay near the hook and the other survivors can rush gens and the killer loses egc

  • @terumisan said:

    Are you sure your a killer main? because that second perk sounds op af especially with bt which all that does is bring back old bt and destroys egc camping so if the last gen pops you might as well give up

    Edit:1st perk can be abused by survivors since they loop with 24 meters of the hook or leave signs around the hook to force the killer to stay near the hook and the other survivors can rush gens and the killer loses egc

    yep, I just play killer

    the perk is really good with bt, it last just a few seconds so I should be really close to the hook to hit while this perk is active

    well, if I hooked a survivor and you just face me close to the hook I really have to thank you since now I get 2 close hooks and if someone wants to get the save I know then 3 out of 4 survivors are and usually I get an easy down too

    if the survivor is getting sacrificed and the timer freezes you know one survivor is close and if he doesn't want to trade hooks you can just search him and he will go outside the radius or just downed and hooked, if more survivors are close you are in a bad situation but you know that gens are not progressing and, again, you know where practically all survivors are so you actually get a big advantage out of the situation (plus 3 injured survivors or one hook usually)

    I don't know how you play but if a survivor gets to the second or third phase just staying on the hook in my games it means that the other survivors are really bad or in really bad situations so it's pretty rare for a not-camping killer like me even if I can use it as a tactic myself to pressure the hook to force survivors out if I cannot find them otherwise, both perks are a nice counter to that strategy but it's fair to me I know that it can be frustrating for survivors

  • So, if I go for hook and I see survivor hiding and survivor decides to loop near the hook, I should just move away and let them unhook? Very unhealthy for the game.

  • Camping the hook is not an issue in my eyes. If killer camps the hook then everyone else just get on a different gen. Besides killers don't do this tactic at higher ranks.

  • @Tomskrex said:

    So, if I go for hook and I see survivor hiding and survivor decides to loop near the hook, I should just move away and let them unhook? Very unhealthy for the game.

    ######### no! what you have in your mind

  • @FaceCampinBuba said:

    Camping the hook is not an issue in my eyes. If killer camps the hook then everyone else just get on a different gen. Besides killers don't do this tactic at higher ranks.

    well, face camping is annoying and it's actually reportable, I mean it's just bad players have to just git gud sometimes

  • dudes, if you don't know anything about the game and you just play casually this is not the place for you, I see comments out of mind that get votes up it's unbelievable, people complains that the developers don't listen to the community, now I know why

  • Look I don't care if the developers think camping is a "legitimate strategy" because in reality it isn't. Strategy is putting effort into something, sitting in front of a hook is not putting in any effort, those players that pretend their farming and then kill everyone put in more effort because they have to set it all up and make it seem like their farming.

  • I think there should be a perk where a survivor starts a match in the exit gates, then walks out a winner. Then you wouldn't need a killer that serves you like a ######### butler.

    The downside is all survivors would use it every time and those of us that actually want to play DBD would never get a match.

    Single player games give you a lot more control over your enemies. You can put it on easy, then play with God mode turned on. Might be just what you wanted all along.

  • @RealKamakaze said:

    Look I don't care if the developers think camping is a "legitimate strategy" because in reality it isn't. Strategy is putting effort into something, sitting in front of a hook is not putting in any effort, those players that pretend their farming and then kill everyone put in more effort because they have to set it all up and make it seem like their farming.

    Thing is, the developers developed the game. If you didn't want to play it, you shouldn't have bought it.

  • then the perk would get abused just as ds.

  • That second perk will be abused to hell..not a good idea

  • @Amelio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2074330#Comment_2074330

    well, face camping is annoying and it's actually reportable, I mean it's just bad players have to just git gud sometimes

    Face camping, slugging, etc is not reportable FYI. Just so others don't read this and believe it.

  • The best anti-camping perk they could make, is a Ruin that only triggers when you hook someone, and are 24 meters away from them.

    Something like: After hooking a survivor, once you are at least 24 meters away from the hooked survivor, all generators start regressing at 200% for 60 seconds. If you come within 24 meters of a hooked survivor, all generator regression is paused.

    This could synergise really well with something like Thrilling Tremors, and of course Devour Hope/Make Your Choice.

  • @Amelio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2074330#Comment_2074330

    well, face camping is annoying and it's actually reportable, I mean it's just bad players have to just git gud sometimes

    No is not reportable

  • @BubbaDredge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2076279#Comment_2076279

    Thing is, the developers developed the game. If you didn't want to play it, you shouldn't have bought it.

    Look that's my opinion and personally I think the developers but little effort in making the game fair providing bs excuses every time a bug or cheat is mentioned. I mean hitboxes, animations, sound effects, matchmaking, ranking, Bloodpoints, Iridescent shards, Auric cells, the Tomes, challenges, OP Perks, pallets and windows are all broken in Dead By Daylight. Have they been fixed yet? No they haven't and I make this argument every time someone make out the developers put in effort. Look this is my opinion and if a moderator on this Forum wants to ban me or mute me for having a simple opinion about this game, it's issues and the devs then that's fine because I know plenty of people agree with this statement.

  • No. If these came to be, I wouldn't play DBD anymore. This would be so far left field of balance, it wouldn't be a match anymore. Just a bully simulator.

  • Another Perk idea that would be heavily abused by survivors. Next.

  • I like the first perk idea just not the second one. The first idea i feel like will make survivor mains quite happy and the majority of the killers but the second idea is a bit too much.

  • I rarely report, in the past body-blocking and camping were reportable

  • @pigsaag said:

    then the perk would get abused just as ds.

    @immortalls96 said:

    That second perk will be abused to hell..not a good idea

    @Shenshen said:

    Another Perk idea that would be heavily abused by survivors. Next.

    @AVoiceOfReason said:

    No. If these came to be, I wouldn't play DBD anymore. This would be so far left field of balance, it wouldn't be a match anymore. Just a bully simulator.

    @Caleegi said:

    I like the first perk idea just not the second one. The first idea i feel like will make survivor mains quite happy and the majority of the killers but the second idea is a bit too much.

    with all those limitations?

    you are trolling

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096675#Comment_2096675

    Lies and more Lies at no point in dbd history camping were "reportable" nor bannable

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eehSShmVJSo

    I challenge you to show me a video or a official statement where the devs proclaim camping is bannable, I been playing DbD since they released the hag and perfectly know in no point of this game's life camping was against the rules imposed by the devs!

    dude, we get it, I don't even ban unless somebody's hacking, memory is not perfect you know

    thank to making it clear I guess


  • @Brub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/239228/2-perks-to-rule-all-camping-killers

    you are definitely not a killer main with these horrific changes that will literally make 90% of killers quit this game

    played survivor for like 4-5 matches and I just prestiged my ghostie (like the 4th prestige I got), if I'm not a killer main I don't know what I am

    I usually 3-4k but I'm 16 at rank reset, you really hit that often survivors while they save the teamates from the hook?

    like, ######### you have to struggle really bad and camp or just destroying them to do that, what's your playstile?