Dbd has a grind issue for the rift and blood web and it's ruining the game for me

I've put about 5k hrs into the game at this point and I've had fun up until I felt like I had to play because this rift is just so unfun mix that with unfun challenges and having to grind every perk for every survivor I wanna play with and every killer I wanna play with it's just become so unfun after skipping a few weeks and getting 10 days behind and playing Minecraft I've realized just how unfun this game has become the only reason I play at this point is because I have great memories playing this game and I hope one day it'll get better thank that is all

Comments

  • @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    I've put about 5k hrs into the game at this point and I've had fun up until I felt like I had to play because this rift is just so unfun mix that with unfun challenges and having to grind every perk for every survivor I wanna play with and every killer I wanna play with it's just become so unfun after skipping a few weeks and getting 10 days behind and playing Minecraft I've realized just how unfun this game has become the only reason I play at this point is because I have great memories playing this game and I hope one day it'll get better thank that is all


    My friends and I have been playing for only four months. How do you think WE feel?


    Some of you people have every Killer and Survivor at level 50. Some of you have them at level 50 AND Prestige 3.


    Most of my Killers are level 15 just to get the 4th perk slot open.

  • I mean, as a very new player, I wouldn't mind having to grind less. As long as it's fair and the people who already grinded get some sort of reward for it like legacy players got in 2016 due to the bloodweb changes.

  • The amount of bp spent to levels progressed ratio is bad. 300k bloodpoints probably gets you to lvl 15 on 1 character. 600k bloodpoints gets you to about lvl 23 on 1 character. And also, the bp cap of 1,000,000 is pathetically low because 1,000,000 bp gets you basically nothing. It's not even enough to get a character fully leveled. Change it to 999,999,999 please. Also, way more bp from matches, which can be done easily via increasing the numbers on the bp offerings. Change 50% to 75%, change 75% to 100%, etc. It feels like bloody party streamers and yearly celebration cakes are the only bp offerings that even do anything.

  • I only play for the Rift these days. When there isn't one active, I'm gone. I like the feeling of doing the challenges.(admittedly some of them are kinda bad) Since I have all the teachables by now, it's very hard to match the original feeling of leveling and feeling accomplished.

  • Honestly, grind is better than when I started this game. Rift and challenges are a great way for bloodpoints, WGLF buff was amazing for survivors and the developers post a bunch of bloodpoints promo codes now. Still though I have to agree, the sheer amount of perks and characters in this game shows how outdated of a feature the current bloodweb is, it's simply too slow. Also with how the meta works especially with killer, you can't eve start having good matches against decent opponents without good perks you get from multiple other characters.

  • @GreyBigfoot said:

    I only play for the Rift these days. When there isn't one active, I'm gone. I like the feeling of doing the challenges.(admittedly some of them are kinda bad) Since I have all the teachables by now, it's very hard to match the original feeling of leveling and feeling accomplished.

    I feel the same way. The time between rifts gets very repetitive and frankly dull. There really isn’t that much depth to this game. The rifts bring a level of chaos to the games the forces players to play counter intuitively, even self destructively, many times if the want to complete the challenges. That makes it interesting for me.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    The amount of bp spent to levels progressed ratio is bad. 300k bloodpoints probably gets you to lvl 15 on 1 character. 600k bloodpoints gets you to about lvl 23 on 1 character. And also, the bp cap of 1,000,000 is pathetically low because 1,000,000 bp gets you basically nothing. It's not even enough to get a character fully leveled. Change it to 999,999,999 please. Also, way more bp from matches, which can be done easily via increasing the numbers on the bp offerings. Change 50% to 75%, change 75% to 100%, etc. It feels like bloody party streamers and yearly celebration cakes are the only bp offerings that even do anything.

    It maxes out at a million to entice you to spend them. Why save them? You going to convert them to bitcoin?

  • They really could improve challenges and dailys by more blood points and more interesting, non grindy, non repetitive missions and i hope they do some day.

    Althought you don't have to play it by force, its just your choice, I enjoyed the first two rift for example completed it and after that i didn't complete anything else lol

  • Been playing, pretty constantly, since about September 2020, I have yet to get all of the perks I WANT (let alone all perks period) on any survivor, or on the two killers I've managed to level past 50 (Spirit and Doctor)

    I've written off ever prestiging anyone, and I'd settle for getting all perks on ONE survivor. Unfortunately that means levelling ALL survivors to 40 first and then the long grind on the one survivor I do decide to invest in.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067150#Comment_2067150

    It maxes out at a million to entice you to spend them. Why save them? You going to convert them to bitcoin?

    Why does anybody save up currency? For a special occasion, like when a new chapter comes out. Except, 1,000,000 bp, as I've said, gets you basically nowhere on the bloodweb. So instead of sitting at 999,999,999 like we could, and getting a new killer and/or survivor from level 1 to 50, we have to wait at 1,000,000, spend it, get a few 100k more, spend it, rinse and repeat. So I'll ask, why not save them?

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067218#Comment_2067218

    Why does anybody save up currency? For a special occasion, like when a new chapter comes out. Except, 1,000,000 bp, as I've said, gets you basically nowhere on the bloodweb. So instead of sitting at 999,999,999 like we could, and getting a new killer and/or survivor from level 1 to 50, we have to wait at 1,000,000, spend it, get a few 100k more, spend it, rinse and repeat. So I'll ask, why not save them?

    Do you think people should be able to max out the new characters the instant they're released?

    Or should they have to play them for a while first?

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2069336#Comment_2069336

    Do you think people should be able to max out the new characters the instant they're released?

    Or should they have to play them for a while first?

    Obviously he prefers the first one. I prefer the second. It’s nice to know we have at least a day or two before new killers are likely to have have access to meta perks. It’s a little tiring to go against BBQ and PGTW all of the time.

  • The real frustrating part is normally these grinds are to get someone to PAY a microtransaction cost. For this game that isn't there so there is no reason besides forcing more engagement.

  • I’ve been playing for something like 3-4 years (at least 3 full years) consistently and it’s definitely still pretty tedious.. My Claudette was at level 40 for years because when I first started I just wanted self care... You end up pumping bp into characters you like for items but then I’m in the mood to play Tapp or Nancy but they end up with only two pages of perks and I say screw it I really want this perk or that perk on Pyramid Head and bag addons for trapper... then all these great characters wind up neglected gathering cyber dust... oh wait Felix has a cool skin I want to play him but crap I barely have any perks on the Twins still...

    Obviously I have tons of fully maxed characters and p3’s so it’s definitely not so bad but the main issue is each new character becomes a Mount Everest type of grind to get perks on which is significantly harder for newer players.

    Not to put words in anyone’s mouth but Ohtofu has mentioned a nice idea in the past about increasing bp cap for each devotion level. Something like 100k increase to the cap for every level of devotion. I truly don’t see any harm in having an extra million bp capabilities for every 10 devotion levels for example.

  • I really dislike the rift grind.

    Some tasks are too hard.

    I don't care about cosmetics. I really love unlocking and listening to rift lore. Some tasks are really hard and I just end up dissapointed missing half of story.

  • I stopped buying killers and survivors because I don't have time to level them up.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2069336#Comment_2069336

    Do you think people should be able to max out the new characters the instant they're released?

    Or should they have to play them for a while first?

    Yes! Why should I have to play a killer with crap perks? Nowadays I always lvl a new killer/survivor until I have my preferred build on them, or as close as I can get. Then, and only then will I play them. No playing with green and yellow perks required. And I'm assuming others have figured out to do that as well.

  • THIS is what's ruining the game for you?

    You've never played killer against red ranks SWF

  • @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    I've put about 5k hrs into the game at this point and I've had fun up until I felt like I had to play because this rift is just so unfun mix that with unfun challenges and having to grind every perk for every survivor I wanna play with and every killer I wanna play with it's just become so unfun after skipping a few weeks and getting 10 days behind and playing Minecraft I've realized just how unfun this game has become the only reason I play at this point is because I have great memories playing this game and I hope one day it'll get better thank that is all

    Dude the game's currency is broken. For example if you go against an AFK killer and you do all 5 generators, cleanse 3 totems and escape while your team just stand is front of the killer T-Bagging you get less Bloodpoints than the rest of your team despite them putting in 0 effort. Obviously I get boldness is a hard category to get Bloodpoints in for new survivors but if the killer is AFK, farming or easily looped it becomes really stupid and no effort is needed. Add all that with some broken matchmaking that puts Rank 4 survivors against Rank 20 killers and BOOM you get an unfair game and broken currency.

  • i like how you have to grind to the top but it gets really stressful. i have so many killers and survivors to level up which would cost a few million bloodpoints

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2069370#Comment_2069370

    Yes! Why should I have to play a killer with crap perks? Nowadays I always lvl a new killer/survivor until I have my preferred build on them, or as close as I can get. Then, and only then will I play them. No playing with green and yellow perks required. And I'm assuming others have figured out to do that as well.

    So... then you have no reason to care about bloodpoints at any time other than the week before a major patch so you can immediately max them out?

    Do you see the problem here?

  • @Nos37 said:

    THIS is what's ruining the game for you?

    You've never played killer against red ranks SWF

    I strictly play solo survivor and I have done that I used to main killer lol but I play more survivor now because killers to frustrating

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2070320#Comment_2070320

    So... then you have no reason to care about bloodpoints at any time other than the week before a major patch so you can immediately max them out?

    Do you see the problem here?

    There is no problem with what I'm proposing, or the 'consequences' that could come from it. And also, this would not exactly allow you to max out a character, at least using my definition. Sure you can get them to lvl 50, but you're only gonna get the perks the bloodweb wants you to have, aka not getting the perks of your preferred build unless you get lucky in the bloodweb. And you make it sound easy as breathing to get 999,999,999 bp. That's gonna take like 2 weeks of playing, at least. Do you think it's better for someone to be robbed of their bp by reaching the current max and then getting nothing for all the matches they do after? Maybe spending bp is a chore to some people, as they'd rather spend their time playing matches. Why should they have to go to the bloodweb every 1 million bp for fear that their hard earned currency will be wasted? I've been called anti-consumer before for siding with the devs on certain decisions, but you take the cake.