On a positive note

How are you guys liking not getting hit by ridiculous bull crap decisive strikes? 🤣

Comments

  • @Blindninja said:

    How are you guys liking not getting hit by ridiculous bull crap decisive strikes? 🤣

    Very nice, haven't been hit by once in over 15 games

  • Exactly bro! Was thinking the same thing last night. I'd even cringe when I'd pick up someone and then realize...oh yea!

  • Totally enjoying it.

    If I see someone wounded working on a generator, they're fair game.

    If two wounded people heal each other, then I show up and they're both at full health, I know they're both fair game, I don't have to try to remember who got unhooked in the past minute.

    The people who abused the perk (and who are the reason it got changed) are still going to run at the killer and jump into lockers to get grabbed on purpose.. I'll happily oblige, eat the DS, then tunnel them out of the game. You want to be a dick, I can be one too!

  • Good so far, although the amount of games that have no obsession is concerning.

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    Good so far, although the amount of games that have no obsession is concerning.

    It really shows how much that perk was used in nearly every match had one and you'd be surprised each time there wasn't one because it happened so rarely.

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    Good so far, although the amount of games that have no obsession is concerning.

    Why do you need an obsession if youre not running obsession perks?

  • Seeing someone recently unhooked and still injured on a gen is a nice bit of peace of mind

    I'm not saying go out of your way to tunnel, but if you need to in order to win a close match then you have that peace of mind to go "okay, I can get this guy out and hopefully win from there"

  • Ironically I've been hit 3 times the past 2 days. Normally I try to avoid it.

  • @Blindninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065499#Comment_2065499

    Why do you need an obsession if youre not running obsession perks?

    Because, although I don't tunnel, others do as soon as they see that there is no obsession.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Seeing someone recently unhooked and still injured on a gen is a nice bit of peace of mind

    I'm not saying go out of your way to tunnel, but if you need to in order to win a close match then you have that peace of mind to go "okay, I can get this guy out and hopefully win from there"

    Yeah exactly. You priorize gens over your health? I'll priorize hooks over going for a different target.

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065506#Comment_2065506

    Because, although I don't tunnel, others do as soon as they see that there is no obsession.

    But if the survivors are worried about tunnelling then they should bring decisive strike

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Seeing someone recently unhooked and still injured on a gen is a nice bit of peace of mind

    I'm not saying go out of your way to tunnel, but if you need to in order to win a close match then you have that peace of mind to go "okay, I can get this guy out and hopefully win from there"

    They do whatever is in their power to win a close match so shall we

  • @Blindninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065520#Comment_2065520

    But if the survivors are worried about tunnelling then they should bring decisive strike

    This logic is lost on them. They legit feel entitled to having the benefits of DS without taking the perk. The irony is when they go up against one of these sweaty Freddys or Deathslingers (because it's always these two) these killers don't care about DS, they'll take the gamble and tunnel anyway, and if survivors are bluffing then it's an ez tunnel anyway.

  • @Blindninja said:

    How are you guys liking not getting hit by ridiculous bull crap decisive strikes? 🤣

    I dont know man, I got hit by a 50+ second DS just a couple of hours ago. And I faced the usual "no counterplay jump in locker" ones too.

    So yeah, not much have changed outside of a VERY small amount of outliers.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Ironically I've been hit 3 times the past 2 days. Normally I try to avoid it.

    Better than the 7 per a day

  • @_HN_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/238759/on-a-positive-note

    I dont know man, I got hit by a 50+ second DS just a couple of hours ago. And I faced the usual "no counterplay jump in locker" ones too.

    So yeah, not much have changed outside of a VERY small amount of outliers.

    All I am saying is that if you run off and you down somebody and hook them and then you come back across the map and you see people running around, you're not gonna have to worry like you did before that you're gonna get caught on the last 5 seconds of that minute

  • @_HN_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/238759/on-a-positive-note

    I dont know man, I got hit by a 50+ second DS just a couple of hours ago. And I faced the usual "no counterplay jump in locker" ones too.

    So yeah, not much have changed outside of a VERY small amount of outliers.

    The good news with that rehash of that old overused tactic is.. they weren't working on objective for those 50 seconds.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065571#Comment_2065571

    The good news with that rehash of that old overused tactic is.. they weren't working on objective for those 50 seconds.

    Well... yeah, but on the other hand you are giving the survivor team a free pass for that same amount of time.

  • It's cool for people to not abuse it anymore, but it does suck tunneling has sky rocketed.

  • @_HN_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065625#Comment_2065625

    Well... yeah, but on the other hand you are giving the survivor team a free pass for that same amount of time.

    Oh, if they pull that kind of bullshit on purpose, I'll just do what they say they need the perk for: tunnel their asses out of the game. If they're not dicks to me I'll try to go for different targets. But if they pull that kind of bullshit, you can be sure I'll do everything I can to get rid of them, and they have no room to complain about it because they did it on purpose.

  • A welcome breath of fresh air.

    I must say it does feel good not getting abused by it by a squad of Russian SWFs.

    On the flip side, it's now open season for tunneling. I suppose it will be difficult to find that balance and please everyone!

  • I hardly, if ever got hit by a stun before, so I wouldn’t know the difference now. 🤷‍♂️

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I hardly, if ever got hit by a stun before, so I wouldn’t know the difference now. 🤷‍♂️

    I could count on one hand the amount of times I've been hit by DS as killer. But since the nerf I haven't seen a single match where someone wasn't camped/tunnelled to death as survivors.

    (before someone goes for the auto x-main argument I'm usually red ranks on both, though been leaning more towards killer lately)

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065687#Comment_2065687

    I could count on one hand the amount of times I've been hit by DS as killer. But since the nerf I haven't seen a single match where someone wasn't camped/tunnelled to death as survivors.

    (before someone goes for the auto x-main argument I'm usually red ranks on both, though been leaning more towards killer lately)

    Apparently you weren't downing survivors very fast than

  • @VexTheHex said:

    It's cool for people to not abuse it anymore, but it does suck tunneling has sky rocketed.

    But it's not because DS was nerfed, it's because survivors don't bring it if they can't abuse it.

  • Survivors in my games seemed to have stopped running it.

  • @BubbaDredge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065642#Comment_2065642

    But it's not because DS was nerfed, it's because survivors don't bring it if they can't abuse it.

    Thank you!

  • It's great, in fact just like other players I've not been hit with a single DS since the update went live. I dont understand why some are treating the nerf like the Perk is now useless.


    I'm yet to actually play survivor, I've been playing Trickster non stop since he was released so I haven't actually tried the new DS. Still can't be that bad, right?

  • @Guest1567432 said:

    Survivors in my games seemed to have stopped running it.

    Creating the problem yourselves!

  • @BubbaDredge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065642#Comment_2065642

    But it's not because DS was nerfed, it's because survivors don't bring it if they can't abuse it.

    Now Survivors don't bring it, it showcases why it was needed to begin with... which is tunneling players. I'm fine with the change, it should however be multiple uses (so 2) and every match should have a obsession. As it is now, less players run it and now obsession-less matches tend go sour with the Killer just freely tunneling since they know they won't be punished.


    It's a simple fix that keep the changes intact.

  • It's pretty funny. I had a full meta Blendette trying to play like she still had OP protection. Funnily enough, unhooking someone in the killers face because you have "protection" or immediately working on the gen right next to the killer isn't feasable any more.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    It's pretty funny. I had a full meta Blendette trying to play like she still had OP protection. Funnily enough, unhooking someone in the killers face because you have "protection" or immediately working on the gen right next to the killer isn't feasable any more.

    The fun thing about that is a lot of people don't read patchnotes and don't know about the changes until it hits them in the face.

  • image.png

    Bye-bye old DS!

  • @VexTheHex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066488#Comment_2066488

    Now Survivors don't bring it, it showcases why it was needed to begin with... which is tunneling players. I'm fine with the change, it should however be multiple uses (so 2) and every match should have a obsession. As it is now, less players run it and now obsession-less matches tend go sour with the Killer just freely tunneling since they know they won't be punished.

    It's a simple fix that keep the changes intact.

    Agreed. The only change that needs to happen Is there always being an obsession. Other than that let them cry. It's just another Entitled survivor thing

  • @Blindninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065708#Comment_2065708

    Apparently you weren't downing survivors very fast than

    Downing plenty fast enough. Just not downing the one that was just unhooked ^_-

  • @Blindninja said:

    How are you guys liking not getting hit by ridiculous bull crap decisive strikes? 🤣

    I'm okay with it, I play both sides. If I really am getting tunneled as a survivor I can still use it. and if I give people a little space as a killer I'm a lot less likely to get hit by it. yeah in some games the change feels a bit rough as survivor but most of the time it's really not.

  • I feel a lot more relaxed playing now. I also have not been getting stunned by pallets either even when I should. I’m guessing its bug but hey, I ain’t complaining 💜

  • @Unicorn said:

    I feel a lot more relaxed playing now. I also have not been getting stunned by pallets either even when I should. I’m guessing its bug but hey, I ain’t complaining 💜

    Yeah I got a lot of pallets dropped in my face that should have stunned me but didn't.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067093#Comment_2067093

    Yeah I got a lot of pallets dropped in my face that should have stunned me but didn't.

    Glad to know I’m not the only one that noticed.

  • It's very nice to know what if I see a survivor who decided to work on a gen instead of healing and I down them I can just pick them up regardless of whether or not they had been hooked before.

    It's also nice to know what if a survivor unhooks another survivor after being being unhooked themselves, they're not just be able to get away with that play for free because of DS. It seems like survivors actually have to weigh the options they have and they must play smartly with their saves.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066449#Comment_2066449

    Downing plenty fast enough. Just not downing the one that was just unhooked ^_-

    Yea cause you never forget anything. Ok.

  • I am glad I no longer get punished for playing too well. It didn't happen every game, and leading up to the nerf I was already seeing less and less DS, but I'm glad its the case. It was always so frustrating and demoralising to potentially lose all your pressure because a survivor made an idiotic play, that in any other situation would have lost them the game, and be rewarded.

  • I'm sure taking that crutch away will bring more killer players to the game because it'll make the experience better for them. Sadly it'll also make killer lobbies slower, but I don't mind if it means I enjoy my games more.

  • @Blindninja said:

    How are you guys liking not getting hit by ridiculous bull crap decisive strikes? 🤣

    It’s nice to not feel bullied, or ganged up on just because a survivor has 60 seconds of “invincibility”. If I lose a match it now feels fair.

  • Question about unhooks deactivating DS.. Does it deactivate only after the action is completed, or as soon as they touch the guy on hook? Asking to know if I should wait for them to finish unhooking in my face before downing them or if they're fair game as soon as they touch the hooked survivor. I would assume it's as soon as, like other actions, but since I don't use DS I can't be bothered to test it out myself

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    Question about unhooks deactivating DS.. Does it deactivate only after the action is completed, or as soon as they touch the guy on hook? Asking to know if I should wait for them to finish unhooking in my face before downing them or if they're fair game as soon as they touch the hooked survivor. I would assume it's as soon as, like other actions, but since I don't use DS I can't be bothered to test it out myself

    Wow that's a very good question. Because if you get grabbed during the animation I believe your decisive strike is still available. But I don't know we definitely need confirmation

  • @Blindninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068229#Comment_2068229

    Wow that's a very good question. Because if you get grabbed during the animation I believe your decisive strike is still available. But I don't know we definitely need confirmation

    I mean it's easy to test if you have 3 people in kill your friends, rather than testing it in an actual match.. I mostly care for the killer side of things, if someone tries to pull this ######### in my face, rather than if I can do it in theirs when I play survivor cause I'm not a DS user and I prefer going for safer unhooks than doing it in their face (unless I really have to)

  • It feels pretty great to tunnel. (I'm not being sarcastic. I got 5 teabagging Neas in a row).

    That being said, there never were BS DS hits. It's not meant to be an anti-tunnel perk, it's just a second chance that gave them another chance in the case of "tunneling," among other things. If I get hit by a DS, oh well. If I don't, oh well. If the flashlight clicking Nea hits me with a DS, you bet I'm not going to just stop tunneling there.