Make Obsession spawn every game
I don't see why this would be an issue. The survivor team shouldn't be punished (tunneled) just because everyone was kind enough to not bring DS.
If this is too much (idk how it would), can borrowed time be at least buffed like please... randoms and solo que is a pain already.
Comments
You lost me at BT needing a buff.
Like I said above... If making the obsession spawn every game is too much, at least make the other "solution" BT at least more viable.
I have basically dedicated my time on the forums to ranting about this ITS SO SIMPLE PLEASE!
BT is already very strong, just because one perk got nerfed doesn't mean another should be buffed.
I just want an obsession to spawn every match for the blood points. I can never say no to that.
The people are not "kind enough" (really this hilarious wording ๐), they simply think it is not worth to run it anymore.
Yeah they could implement obsessions for everygame independent of chosen perks but at some point the killer will know that nearly all survivor are "kind enough" by now that this placebo will lose its effect.
A solution for this would be to just equip ds like before since it mostly does the same while not giving complete freedom of choose how to use it. But oh all this "kindness" coming out now.
Sorry for getting hung up on your wording but damn. Btw not survivor exclusive, if killer perks would be changed and someone would word the dropping of the perk as benevolent kindness I would still rant like this.
DS is a perfectly balanced perk now. Why not just run it?
So your "solution" is blaming survivors for NOT bringing something they don't really need to. Disclaimer: I play with friends with all of us being quite experienced (3k+ hours)
However we don't like running it because we'd rather run more "fun"/gimmicky perks to see how'd they play out, but I suppose it's our fault for not bringing DS or other meta perks... Of course we don't find tunneling as a major issue since there's 3 or 4 of us and we'd handle it, but does every tunneling always have to happen bc none of us brought DS?
Going back to OP post, if there IS an obsession every game, there is no way for the killer to really know if there IS a DS on one of the survivors... this would help any team where nobody brought any obs. perks. This would also be a step forward to reduce the gap between solo que. vs swf's.
Because that's just blaming survivors for not bringing something that isn't mandatory. If someone doesn't want to bring it, they shouldn't be punished because they wanted to use another perk.
Also if 4 people (most likely solo que) decide to not bring it, the killer has open gates to tunnel every single one of them. This may encourage people to play swf more, but then killers are always complaining about that... so to make it simple, just make the obsession base-kit. I really see no harm in that.
Right?! It really is a simple change! I see no harm in adding it.
In the meantime, see if you can squeeze Blood Pact, Sole Survivor, or For the People into your fun/gimmick builds to create an obsession
Because forcing survivors to bring a perk on the basis that if they don't they may just not enjoy the game they get into is not a good design for a perk and shouldn't be the standard way we look at them. Its the reason i don't think regression perks are fun to use but i still run them because the value i can get from them against a good squad. I don't think the idea that i potentially wont be able to enjoy myself if i don't bring x is good.
Not to mention all the perks that i see like this and i run because of this thinking
DS
POP
Ruin
are from paid DLCs...โฆ.
Survivors blame killers when they get genrushed all the time. "Just apply pressure"
Better example - survivors blame killers for what DS used to do all the time. "Just don't tunnel" - even though it was rarely actually tunneling.
Sucks, doesn't it?
Just run DS.
Welcome to killers lives for the last 5 years. Now you know how it feels.
I PLAY KILLER I HAVE FOR YEARS
Im sorry to insult you but this
bhbhjb "he talk ds bad" "he survivor" hbhbhhb is actual caveman intelligence half of what i typed could be rephrased as a solid argument for built in regression!
I can understand what you're trying to say, but your examples are a bit off the rails compared to what I'm trying to address with the obsession base-kit.
Making DS seem mandatory is not ok. It should not be "required" to bring it every game. If people don't want to bring it, they have to pray that the rescuer has BT. If not, I guess it's the person's fault for not having DS.
Just make the obsession base-kit... it's a simple change and it would prevent the killer from having a free "tunnel ticket". The ex. you gave out have their ways to get through it. A bad killer will fail to apply pressure not a decent-good one unless the survivors went full-on camo mode in the beginning. DS prior to it's nerf can be nullified through slugging or just straight-up not going after them. Yes Unbreakble was a thing, but a good killer would RATHER want that unbreakable be used in the beginning-mid game instead of the endgame.
We occasionally do actually lol, Blood Pact is quite decent in a good swf group, but having the obs. be base-kit would just be a lot better.
So, you don't want to have a conversation. You just want to be right. Gotcha. Never going to happen.
So you want to benefit from the perk (Prevent tunneling) despite not bringing it? No, i don't think so.
Unless they buff killer overall, they shouldn't do this.
you genuinely said
Welcome to killers lives for the last 5 years. Now you know how it feels.
either you reduced everything i said to i am a survivor main and im getting my just deserts and im not so i called out your ######### for what it was
"Welcome to killers lives for the last 5 years. Now you know how it feels." is not a conversation.
Im done with this i just wanted to call you out on your ######### again because it really irritates me when someone reduces what someone says on these forums down to a role in dbd they may or may not even main.
A killer shouldn't receive a free "Tunnel pass" bc no one decided to bring an obs. perk. Of course they can still tunnel, but at a risk and that's why the obs should be base-kit. Running DS shouldn't be "required" just to have a chance to play the game and have fun. I do hope people realize tunneling really makes the match less fun.
Also the buff killer statement... mmm. The gap between solo que vs swf needs to decreased if you want killers to be buffed. Having obs. be base-kit would help solo groups (though its not a perfect change) and give them a fighting chance. A good 3/4-man swf doesn't have to worry all too much, but I'm worrying about those who play solo. This may encourage solo's to play swf more, but killers complain about that... and now an already big issue just got bigger. So I don't see why having obs. be base-kit would be bad. Killer's don't deserve a free "Tunnel pass". It's not fun nor healthy.
I think it's a good idea, OP. Killers DO think it's a good idea to tunnel at 5 or 4 gens just because there's no Obsession.
Obviously there should be an Obsession in every game. I dont have DS on the new Survivor, so I ended up in a game without Obsession (in fact, I only have Object as Obsession-Perk so far, I can run that, but then Killers are also unhappy...). And that Blight was tunneling, because, why not? Nothing to prevent him from doing so.
(Lovely person btw, small Streamer, stretched res of Doom (I have seen one VoD his Blight was basically a circle in the Lobby...), calling Survivors "Dogs"... But I guess he only had a bad time against some Survivors :^) )
Yes you have valid points and I can understand that, but the reason why I really want the obs. be base-kit is to prevent those killers from thinking they have a free "Tunnel Pass".
Yes killers can tunnel if they want/need to hence why there's no rule that it's not acceptable, but it's quite outrageous that a killer knows nobody has the simple counter to it so they'll blatantly do it at will even at 5/4 gens remaining. So if the obs. were to be base-kit, it would at least make the killer take a risk and not just "Nobody has DS, lemma just hook this Meg real quick even tho she got off the hook 10 seconds ago".
Sorry but all argumentation in this thread for a free base kit obsession (which I wouldn't mind in itself) can be said about something like gen regression or similar for killer. The whole category of regression perks for example is mandatory for most but the top tier killer characters and especially for setup killer like trapper and while the devs talk about developing something for early game (to not make corrupt intervention mandatory on most killer, a paid dlc too btw for some) I don't expect them to keep that promise just like optimization for last gen consoles.
Also I will go back to my point that at some point killr will simply ignore the obsession mark when most survivor stop using ds because the can count on the passive obsession. A placebo can only help so long.
I play swf (2-4) daily whenever I play survivor and we're good enough so the first half doesn't apply to us, however it WILL on solo que players. You'll never know what they'll do nor what their perk set-ups are. You can never assume that they'll learn to do so something.
You state that the rise in tunneling will encourage more players to bring DS, but knowing this community, it may even bring back complaints toward DS again. DS isn't useless of course, but there isn't any harm into making the obs. base-kit at all. Tunneling killers will do it anyways, but by making obs. base-kit, it cover ups a team w/o DS so it'll give them a chance to maybe have fun if that killer decides to not tunnel.
Obsession base basically means you're asking for the effect of DS, despite not bringing it. Survivors have 16 perks in total, and you all can't afford to use even 1 DS? You know how powerful DS is even after the nerf.
Do you think killer likes to tunnel? Killers tunnel because the game has design problems. Going for 12 hook is almost impossible against survivors with equal skill. At the same time, there is no incentive whatsoever for killers that don't tunnel. Sometimes killers have to tunnel to even have chance, like those games with first hook with 3 gens done. I can guarantee you killers that play "fair" (Not tunneling not camping) will have lower win rates overall.
Don't misunderstood me. I wouldn't mind DS being basekit, as long as killers are all buffed, like pop basekit or something. As for solo, i'm all for buffing solos to SWF level, and buff all killers across the board.
Care to join me on the higher base regression make a base obsession train
You want a default obsession basekit because you don't want to have to run an obsession perk. Fine. I propose that since killers don't want to have to bring regression perks like ruin and pop, the devs should make generators regress on their own at basekit, so that there's more freedom on what killers can bring into a match. Sound good?
16 perk slots on the team.
6 possible obsession perks.
But you want the benefit without having to use any of them.
Because if you have to use a perk if you hope to survive more than 1:30 means that there is a problem.
I agree DS is perfectly balanced now, there was some horrible abuses before, and I hated it as a killer.
But now, killers are playing like big a*shole, the solo queue is terrible, you're being tunnelled and that's all, every game. If a perk is a must have to play a common game, it's not healthy, it means there is a problem. The last games I had was the baddest game on DbD I've ever had, trust me.
Even as a killer main, I'm starting to think that the current DS should be base kit...
If being the obsession was a demerit to survivors and debuffed them without killer perks used, then it might be viable as basekit mechanic.
Worse skillchecks, fastet bloodlust acccumulation, theres enoughh tiny debuffs to make survivors NOT WANT TO BE the obsession. Obsession mori basekit lol.
For something that is supposedly the "drawback" of DS or dying light, it currently really doesnt look that way.
A tunneling killer will still tunnel anyways. Killers can STILL tunnel if they want to. Nobody is stopping them, but having obs. base-kit will help cover up those teams w/o obs. perks thus creating a risk the killer will have to take. A killer shouldn't be like "Haha this one team doesn't have any obs. perk, lemma just hook this Cheryl real quick even tho she got off the hook 5 seconds ago when there's literally 5/4 gens remaining"
If killer mains are so against this change, then I suppose swf's are going to be a lot more common now since solo que just got 10x harder.
Why are you quoting me in this comment?
I see an obsession everygame because I bring DS - in case I'm tunneled.
You don't see an obsession everygame because neither you nor the survivors you play with bring DS.
Hmm I think I see the problem here....
Bring DS or OoO.
Problem solved.
The only valid argument I have seen here is that having an obsession gives extra points. In reality, what people want is the threat of the most powerful perk in the game (Well, arguably Ex. BT or DH might be stronger now) without having to slot it. Effectively, a phantom fifth perk. If DS was actually an anti-tunneling perk, I would agree, but until they make it an actual anti-tunneling perk, if there is no obsession, and you don't 'need' DS, you don't need the threat of it looming over the killer's shoulders. DS has long been one of those perks like Deadhard or BT where you just have to respect someone might have it till proven otherwise. Well, no obsession proves otherwise. You are asking to remove the only evidence a killer can possibly have that it isn't in the game. A BT, I can test once and know which survivor has it. A Deadhard, I can bait out, or see another exhaustion perk. The only way out of DS is no obsession. If there is an obsession, it has to be assumed on four people. That is half of what makes it so strong. The ability to be omni-present without a slot and no way to rule it out.