Should 4man swf have an extra gen.

If four man teams just want to do gens and get out. They should have 7 totems and 6 gens with a separate lobby there own ranking system. Like a group rank and play killers with that level of skill. Why punish your normal yellow green rank killers with 2 purple ranks. How often do you get one red rank survivor surrounded by yellow and green ranked survivors cause they don't want to play hard matches. Alot of them will admit to this Tired of sweets.But they come into baby killers lobbies just to torture them.The rank killer they go against should be the highest rank n the lobby but for some reason it goes off of whoever's lobby they join.

Comments

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    If four man teams just want to do gens and get out. They should have 7 totems and 6 gens with a separate lobby there own ranking system. Like a group rank and play killers with that level of skill. Why punish your normal yellow green rank killers with 2 purple ranks. How often do you get one red rank survivor surrounded by yellow and green ranked survivors cause they don't want to play hard matches. Alot of them will admit to this Tired of sweets.But they come into baby killers lobbies just to torture them.The rank killer they go against should be the highest rank n the lobby but for some reason it goes off of whoever's lobby they join.

    Is there statistical proof that SWFs need a nerf?

  • I don't believe in statistics.

  • According to everyone complaining about dead hard and genrushing I assume so.

  • "We have asked 100 Forum and Reddit Killers and those were the results..."

    Nah. The last time we had stats SWFs were only a little bit higher when it came to escapes. But those stats are old and the Devs say themselves to not interprete too much into them (which is basically an invitation for some to cherrypick the stats they like and dismiss those they dont like).

    So yeah, there is not really an evidence that SWF needs a nerf.

  • Yes at all an example of that when I was a kid every year 30 percent of the rain forest has been destroyed. Apparently it wasn't

  • Yes, and SWFs should have to face the Killer plus Freddy with the ability to telepor to the Exit gates and throw fireballs out of his eyes and lightening bolts out of this butt.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Punishing people for playing with their friends doesn't seem like a good idea, and an extra gen is a huge punishment at that.

    How is that a punishment I been playing with a group of two others off and on for years. And we always have three gens going one on totems. Swf is pretty easy and I escape more than I don't . I only have a problem when I play solo due to other survivors normally. That just hide and are scared to death. To touch gens while they are injured.

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2059191#Comment_2059191

    Yes at all an example of that when I was a kid every year 30 percent of the rain forest has been destroyed. Apparently it wasn't

    Sorry to burst your bubble, but facts are EVERYTHING.

    There is no statistical proof the SWF needs a nerf. Therefore, no nerf is needed.

    And no, I don't main survivor before anyone starts pointing fingers (because I know this place too well to think otherwise.)

  • No. Killers aren't losing because survivors are in a SWF. They're being outplayed.

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2059202#Comment_2059202

    Sorry to burst your bubble, but facts are EVERYTHING.

    There is no statistical proof the SWF needs a nerf. Therefore, no nerf is needed.

    And no, I don't main survivor before anyone starts pointing fingers (because I know this place too well to think otherwise.)

    If you think this forum is bad for pointing fingers and dismissing people as survivor mains, you should see the reddit...I discovered that somehow its 1000 times worse, and idk how that's even possible.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2059232#Comment_2059232

    If you think this forum is bad for pointing fingers and dismissing people as survivor mains, you should see the reddit...I discovered that somehow its 1000 times worse, and idk how that's even possible.

    I've been around long enough. I know.

    Nightmare fuel, that place is.

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2059202#Comment_2059202

    Sorry to burst your bubble, but facts are EVERYTHING.

    There is no statistical proof the SWF needs a nerf. Therefore, no nerf is needed.

    And no, I don't main survivor before anyone starts pointing fingers (because I know this place too well to think otherwise.)

    Ok everyone here always says stop gen rushing. Nerf dead hard. So statistics is just made up numbers. Or the rain forest wouldn't exsist.

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2059232#Comment_2059232

    Ok everyone here always says stop gen rushing. Nerf dead hard. So statistics is just made up numbers. Or the rain forest wouldn't exsist.

    The issue in this game specifically is not that the statistics are wrong, it's just that we lack statistics in general.

    Don't try to relate a rainforest and a video game. You aren't helping me take you any more seriously.

  • Nah. A MAJORITY of SWFs are literally just friends playing together. I only have 2 4 man groups that I enjoy playing with if I'm trying to stack escapes. The rest of my 4 man teams are just friends who play thrown together. And while those games are still usually fun, it's very often a 3k or 4k for the killer with only a few gens done. Even as a rank 1 with 1,500 hours in the game, I can't carry the team hard enough if I don't have at least one or two other players who are also good. I've had games with particular SWFs where THREE of the players were more than good enough to do well, but our fourth player was a friend who was new to the game and absolutely threw the game for us.


    4 mans can be fast on gens. But you'll almsot always catch them tripping up on altruism. That's the reason why my friends and I do poorly if we have a garbage player on the team- we are trying to make sure he doesn't have a super short and miserable match, and it leads us to being put into awful positions with the tradeoff of temporarily saving our friend not at all being worth it (when it comes to escaping, that is!). If you let the baby survivor die, then sure, you can probably handle it. But that's not why you play with friends, you know?

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2059202#Comment_2059202

    Sorry to burst your bubble, but facts are EVERYTHING.

    There is no statistical proof the SWF needs a nerf. Therefore, no nerf is needed.

    And no, I don't main survivor before anyone starts pointing fingers (because I know this place too well to think otherwise.)

    Incorrect. There is no official statistical proof about survival rate between solo survivors and SWF. However, from my personal statistics, SWF perform BETTER and have more escapes than solos.

    • I haven't been going easy on anyone.
    • Played same killer in statistics
    • Used same build and yellow addons
  • Stats show that only about 5-6% of survivors are 4-man SWFs.

    Of those, most are likely friends of average or mixed skill level.

    Only about 1-2% are the sweaty bully squad SWFs.

  • Also the swf group should have a ranking in itself. Just like a normal ranking system.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2059232#Comment_2059232

    If you think this forum is bad for pointing fingers and dismissing people as survivor mains, you should see the reddit...I discovered that somehow its 1000 times worse, and idk how that's even possible.

    Reddit is insane, decent memes and thats it.

    On their defense its the social media that made me realize a lot of the worst complainers are actually extremely bad at this game thanks to those "Hey I reached purple ranks as Stridor Spirit and it only took me 10 months!!", then click on the user and see how most of their posts are rantings about Survivors and SWFs or deranged suggestions about totally broken ideas.

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    If four man teams just want to do gens and get out. They should have 7 totems and 6 gens with a separate lobby there own ranking system. Like a group rank and play killers with that level of skill. Why punish your normal yellow green rank killers with 2 purple ranks. How often do you get one red rank survivor surrounded by yellow and green ranked survivors cause they don't want to play hard matches. Alot of them will admit to this Tired of sweets.But they come into baby killers lobbies just to torture them.The rank killer they go against should be the highest rank n the lobby but for some reason it goes off of whoever's lobby they join.

    I think adding the extra Generator should be a last ditch thing. I think the first logical step, rather than adding to their objectives, is to unlock a 5th Perk Slot for any Killer facing a 3+ SWF. This would be to help balance out the 5th Perk (Comms) that the SWF have. I think that would have be tested as a balancing agent first, before looking at an extra Generator.

  • That's a good idea.

  • @Tomskrex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2059232#Comment_2059232

    Incorrect. There is no official statistical proof about survival rate between solo survivors and SWF. However, from my personal statistics, SWF perform BETTER and have more escapes than solos.

    • I haven't been going easy on anyone.
    • Played same killer in statistics
    • Used same build and yellow addons
    • I couldn't care less about statistics that have such a small sample size (such as only your experience as killer). My data needs to be reputable.
    • Of the small amount of data we have, ~5 percent of games are 4-man SWFs, as someone said above. Further reasoning in favor no change.
    • I strongly advise you to not be so abrupt in your wording. Just saying "Incorrect" probably isn't the way to go. Try something more like "I think you're wrong because..." Easier to read, less condescending.