The Mindless Killer build: BBQ+Pop

Need I say any more? This build is used in almost every game at the higher ranks due to how simple it makes defending the generators. There's no skill or (real) counterplay to this combo. There is counterplay to BBQ, hiding in lockers, but doing that when repairing a generator just wastes precious time. That means there's more chance the killer will get to the generator before it's repaired and ruin all your hard work and effort for no effort or investment at all.

The killer just hooks a survivor (easy enough) and sees everyone's aura, and then they can go to generators being worked on and instantly get rid of 30-40 or more seconds of a generator repair progression, counting the fact it applies normal regression ON TOP OF the massive gen progress decrease. There's nothing the survivor can do about it. It doesn't even have a cool down, so if someone tries to repair the generator to make up for the unavoidable regression loss, the killer can just do it again with no penalty. It literally punishes you for playing well, and I don't know if that's healthy.

I realise this will probably be seen as a joke or bait by the people of this forum, but I'm being serious. This build is used in almost every high rank game - even the Decisive Strike + Unbreakable combo isn't used that often, yet the BBQ+Pop combo is the one ignored. It reeks of hypocrisy to me. Both combos are uncounterable without literally stopping doing your objective. Killers should face the same stigma for running these mindless combos that survivors are given, and I'm sick of this community giving them a free pass.

Tl;dr: Killers are hypocrites for complaining about good survivor perk combos when they use an overpowered and uncounterable perk combo every game. It's the small PP build for killer.

Comments

  • @Regulus47 said:

    Need I say any more? This build is used in almost every game at the higher ranks due to how simple it makes defending the generators. There's no skill or (real) counterplay to this combo. There is counterplay to BBQ, hiding in lockers, but doing that when repairing a generator just wastes precious time. That means there's more chance the killer will get to the generator before it's repaired and ruin all your hard work and effort for no effort or investment at all.

    The killer just hooks a survivor (easy enough) and sees everyone's aura, and then they can go to generators being worked on and instantly get rid of 30-40 or more seconds of a generator repair progression, counting the fact it applies normal regression ON TOP OF the massive gen progress decrease. There's nothing the survivor can do about it. It doesn't even have a cool down, so if someone tries to repair the generator to make up for the unavoidable regression loss, the killer can just do it again with no penalty. It literally punishes you for playing well, and I don't know if that's healthy.

    I realise this will probably be seen as a joke or bait by the people of this forum, but I'm being serious. This build is used in almost every high rank game - even the Decisive Strike + Unbreakable combo isn't used that often, yet the BBQ+Pop combo is the one ignored. It reeks of hypocrisy to me. Both combos are uncounterable without literally stopping doing your objective. Killers should face the same stigma for running these mindless combos that survivors are given, and I'm sick of this community giving them a free pass.

    Tl;dr: Killers are hypocrites for complaining about good survivor perk combos when they use an overpowered and uncounterable perk combo every game. It's the small PP build for killer.

    If this perk combo is rocking your world so bad it isn't the killer's fault. Gens do not take that long to finish uf you have more than one person not missing skill checks so there's gotta be something else at play here.

  • BBQ + POP is not a "Mindless" combination. Killers need some sort of ger regressing perk. At the moment they have Hex: Ruin, POP, and Oppression. Ruin is not very reliable, at least in my experience. I don't know much about Oppression, because I've never used it but POP is their best gen-regressing perk. You can't really blame them for using it. And even if they use BBQ to find someone on a gen far away to kick it, there will/should still be 1 or 2 survivors on other gens.

    And you can't really compare POP+BBQ with DS+Unbreakable, because DS+Unbreakable is much dirtier than POP+BBQ. And no. It's not the killer version of "Small PP build". In fact, I don't think killers have one. I might be wrong because I don't play that much killer.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    ...wait a minute you're not Sluzzy :(

    Ik, I was so disappointed, lol

  • @Regulus47 said:

    Need I say any more? This build is used in almost every game at the higher ranks due to how simple it makes defending the generators. There's no skill or (real) counterplay to this combo. There is counterplay to BBQ, hiding in lockers, but doing that when repairing a generator just wastes precious time. That means there's more chance the killer will get to the generator before it's repaired and ruin all your hard work and effort for no effort or investment at all.

    The killer just hooks a survivor (easy enough) and sees everyone's aura, and then they can go to generators being worked on and instantly get rid of 30-40 or more seconds of a generator repair progression, counting the fact it applies normal regression ON TOP OF the massive gen progress decrease. There's nothing the survivor can do about it. It doesn't even have a cool down, so if someone tries to repair the generator to make up for the unavoidable regression loss, the killer can just do it again with no penalty. It literally punishes you for playing well, and I don't know if that's healthy.

    I realise this will probably be seen as a joke or bait by the people of this forum, but I'm being serious. This build is used in almost every high rank game - even the Decisive Strike + Unbreakable combo isn't used that often, yet the BBQ+Pop combo is the one ignored. It reeks of hypocrisy to me. Both combos are uncounterable without literally stopping doing your objective. Killers should face the same stigma for running these mindless combos that survivors are given, and I'm sick of this community giving them a free pass.

    Tl;dr: Killers are hypocrites for complaining about good survivor perk combos when they use an overpowered and uncounterable perk combo every game. It's the small PP build for killer.

    There's a perk that keeps you form being seen by the killer up to 3 times

  • @Regulus47 said:

    Need I say any more? This build is used in almost every game at the higher ranks due to how simple it makes defending the generators. There's no skill or (real) counterplay to this combo. There is counterplay to BBQ, hiding in lockers, but doing that when repairing a generator just wastes precious time. That means there's more chance the killer will get to the generator before it's repaired and ruin all your hard work and effort for no effort or investment at all.

    The killer just hooks a survivor (easy enough) and sees everyone's aura, and then they can go to generators being worked on and instantly get rid of 30-40 or more seconds of a generator repair progression, counting the fact it applies normal regression ON TOP OF the massive gen progress decrease. There's nothing the survivor can do about it. It doesn't even have a cool down, so if someone tries to repair the generator to make up for the unavoidable regression loss, the killer can just do it again with no penalty. It literally punishes you for playing well, and I don't know if that's healthy.

    I realise this will probably be seen as a joke or bait by the people of this forum, but I'm being serious. This build is used in almost every high rank game - even the Decisive Strike + Unbreakable combo isn't used that often, yet the BBQ+Pop combo is the one ignored. It reeks of hypocrisy to me. Both combos are uncounterable without literally stopping doing your objective. Killers should face the same stigma for running these mindless combos that survivors are given, and I'm sick of this community giving them a free pass.

    Tl;dr: Killers are hypocrites for complaining about good survivor perk combos when they use an overpowered and uncounterable perk combo every game. It's the small PP build for killer.

    I was hoping this was a bait or joke post but it isn't



    Literally nobody uses BBQ for the aura, people use it for the BP that you are given from it

    Pop is used because gen regression from a normal kick is so useless that sometimes you shouldn't even kick the gen

    If its such an issue you can literally use distortion

  • BBQ has a great ability, AND doubles all bp. Unless you are using the killers with the worst mobility, it will not only always be incredibly useful, but it will grant you 40-60k total bp per game. It is one of the main reasons killer is so blood point rich, which is kinda important. A LOT of killer builds rely heavily on add ons. Without the bp pay out, a lot of killers could not justify playing their favorites, as they could not keep up on the bp farming to make up for losses

  • @Regulus47 said:

    Need I say any more? This build is used in almost every game at the higher ranks due to how simple it makes defending the generators. There's no skill or (real) counterplay to this combo. There is counterplay to BBQ, hiding in lockers, but doing that when repairing a generator just wastes precious time. That means there's more chance the killer will get to the generator before it's repaired and ruin all your hard work and effort for no effort or investment at all.

    The killer just hooks a survivor (easy enough) and sees everyone's aura, and then they can go to generators being worked on and instantly get rid of 30-40 or more seconds of a generator repair progression, counting the fact it applies normal regression ON TOP OF the massive gen progress decrease. There's nothing the survivor can do about it. It doesn't even have a cool down, so if someone tries to repair the generator to make up for the unavoidable regression loss, the killer can just do it again with no penalty. It literally punishes you for playing well, and I don't know if that's healthy.

    I realise this will probably be seen as a joke or bait by the people of this forum, but I'm being serious. This build is used in almost every high rank game - even the Decisive Strike + Unbreakable combo isn't used that often, yet the BBQ+Pop combo is the one ignored. It reeks of hypocrisy to me. Both combos are uncounterable without literally stopping doing your objective. Killers should face the same stigma for running these mindless combos that survivors are given, and I'm sick of this community giving them a free pass.

    Tl;dr: Killers are hypocrites for complaining about good survivor perk combos when they use an overpowered and uncounterable perk combo every game. It's the small PP build for killer.

    "overpowered and uncounterable perk combo"

    "There is counterplay to BBQ"

    Sometimes I feel like the forums should have like... restrictions to who can make suggestions and posts.

    Hide behind the gen, get in a locker. Stop making dumb posts like these.

    Or... just don't get hooked and git gud?

  • So y'all must have had it really hard when Pop was 60 seconds like it's supposed to be.

  • @Regulus47 said:

    Need I say any more? This build is used in almost every game at the higher ranks due to how simple it makes defending the generators. There's no skill or (real) counterplay to this combo. There is counterplay to BBQ, hiding in lockers, but doing that when repairing a generator just wastes precious time. That means there's more chance the killer will get to the generator before it's repaired and ruin all your hard work and effort for no effort or investment at all.

    The killer just hooks a survivor (easy enough) and sees everyone's aura, and then they can go to generators being worked on and instantly get rid of 30-40 or more seconds of a generator repair progression, counting the fact it applies normal regression ON TOP OF the massive gen progress decrease. There's nothing the survivor can do about it. It doesn't even have a cool down, so if someone tries to repair the generator to make up for the unavoidable regression loss, the killer can just do it again with no penalty. It literally punishes you for playing well, and I don't know if that's healthy.

    I realise this will probably be seen as a joke or bait by the people of this forum, but I'm being serious. This build is used in almost every high rank game - even the Decisive Strike + Unbreakable combo isn't used that often, yet the BBQ+Pop combo is the one ignored. It reeks of hypocrisy to me. Both combos are uncounterable without literally stopping doing your objective. Killers should face the same stigma for running these mindless combos that survivors are given, and I'm sick of this community giving them a free pass.

    Tl;dr: Killers are hypocrites for complaining about good survivor perk combos when they use an overpowered and uncounterable perk combo every game. It's the small PP build for killer.

    You cannot be serious and it's a 20 second regression not 40 thank you this made my day I'm almost in tears from laughing

    I actually apologize I forget not everyone is a sweat at this game at rank 15 this is op it takes time but you will get better I'm not picking on you for being new but honestly that statement is ridiculous

  • @donutman47 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/235163/the-mindless-killer-build-bbq-pop

    You cannot be serious and it's a 20 second regression not 40 thank you this made my day I'm almost in tears from laughing

    Good luck regulus

  • @Regulus47 said:

    Need I say any more? This build is used in almost every game at the higher ranks due to how simple it makes defending the generators. There's no skill or (real) counterplay to this combo. There is counterplay to BBQ, hiding in lockers, but doing that when repairing a generator just wastes precious time. That means there's more chance the killer will get to the generator before it's repaired and ruin all your hard work and effort for no effort or investment at all.

    The killer just hooks a survivor (easy enough) and sees everyone's aura, and then they can go to generators being worked on and instantly get rid of 30-40 or more seconds of a generator repair progression, counting the fact it applies normal regression ON TOP OF the massive gen progress decrease. There's nothing the survivor can do about it. It doesn't even have a cool down, so if someone tries to repair the generator to make up for the unavoidable regression loss, the killer can just do it again with no penalty. It literally punishes you for playing well, and I don't know if that's healthy.

    I realise this will probably be seen as a joke or bait by the people of this forum, but I'm being serious. This build is used in almost every high rank game - even the Decisive Strike + Unbreakable combo isn't used that often, yet the BBQ+Pop combo is the one ignored. It reeks of hypocrisy to me. Both combos are uncounterable without literally stopping doing your objective. Killers should face the same stigma for running these mindless combos that survivors are given, and I'm sick of this community giving them a free pass.

    Tl;dr: Killers are hypocrites for complaining about good survivor perk combos when they use an overpowered and uncounterable perk combo every game. It's the small PP build for killer.

    Spoken like a true survivor main. Pop and BBQ only works if you get hooked. Same argument for NO-ED, cleanse the totems and NO-ED goes bye bye. Acting like you don't use dead hard/lithe/balanced or Adrenaline. Also there are perks that hide your aura. Plus there's no gen protection. Look what survivors did to ruin. People couldn't hit slightly difficult skill checks

  • Jeez, Sluzzy, how many accounts do you have?

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/235163/the-mindless-killer-build-bbq-pop

    I was hoping this was a bait or joke post but it isn't

    Literally nobody uses BBQ for the aura, people use it for the BP that you are given from it

    Pop is used because gen regression from a normal kick is so useless that sometimes you shouldn't even kick the gen

    If its such an issue you can literally use distortion

    Funnily i use it mostly for the information, i tried different tracking perks and found BBQ to be the most reliable:

    • nearly no one counters it, if they sit behind a gen you can see a glimpse of the aura, depending on the angle
    • that means if you can't see their auras, they're probably near you
    • it's a great snowball tool and it helps finding the last survivor who is going for hatch (prevents slugging for the 4k)
    • Discordance is also great but BBQ showing me also people going for unhooks, looting the basement chest, doing totems etc., it's not perfect but combined with the BP bonus i think it's the best tracking perk
1 2 3 ›