Why are killers still camping

Sorry killers I wasn't toxic but camping and nord are you guys so sweetie that the only way to get kills is camp I love running a killer it's what I do but I play solo and when I am caught I am camped 95 percent of the time can you patrol a gen stay away from occupied hooks if you can't catch someone then practice one day I woke up and was good not great but good please learn your killer then play your best get rid of noed surveillance works wonders play fair cause I'm about to just ba a toxic survivor and the worst of it is I hate toxicity but camping is just as bad as old ebony mori please if you read this devs figure something out cause borrowed time is'nt enough

Comments

  • I see a lot of (fairly) new killers camping, especially around rank 20-16 to secure kills. the higher the killer ranks the less camping there is. But it also depends on how the survivors are playing. If they do a lot of things to make the killer mad, they are more likely to camp a hooked person then when there is a normal gameplay

  • First, don't become something you hate. Are you so easily swayed, you would abandon your own beliefs because of something someone else did?

    Secondly, this has to be bait. Are you really comparing camping to old mori?

    Lastly, play how you choose, and be mature enough to let others do the same.

  • I played against a hard camping rank 7 Legion last night who was a twitch streamer too lol. Expect that from rank 20 wraiths tbh.

  • Isn't camping good in the sense that it allows the other survivors to do gens with no consequences?

  • It's really hard to take people seriously who can't even use a single period in their pile of words.

    But yea, don't take this game personally and just move on. There's nothing that's going to change to make it stop

  • Why are people still not using punctuation?

  • @Seraphor said:

    Why are people still not using punctuation?

    It's pretty hard to understand what OP is upset about when their paragraph is one long sentence without any periods.

  • @malatruse said:

    Isn't camping good in the sense that it allows the other survivors to do gens with no consequences?

    Semi. it sucks for the one on the hook since there is almost no way of being saved by the others, especially if a killer runs a perk/weapon that can insta down you

  • camping is as bad as old ebony mori? Yep, you sir just lost all credibility.

  • Why not camp? fast gens and bad maps leave little incentive not to. Especially on killers with weak chase but good defense.

  • Take an objective approach.

    To do well killer is often just sweaty, there is no down time on the killer side of the match. On survivor you are holding m1 on a gen, stealth'ing out, hiding, hanging on a hook or lying on the ground. The high intensity focus comes from chases and occasional skill checks and you are sharing that between 3 other players.

    As killer you are chasing, hunting or defending its always alert and active for the whole game. About the only slight reprieve is if everyone stealth out to heal and even then you are trying to find them to interrupt that asap.

    So if I'm on match 10 as killer and I've been chasing sweat squads for the last 3 games I'll probably play a campy game as its less for me to focus on. I'll break out a basement build, or an endgame noed build because I can get hooks and even kills with less intense focus and its often a much more enjoyable game (for me).

    Yes you can meme around or just chill but you will often get quickly wrecked doing that and then abused as being trash for doing so.

    I realise its not much fun being camped as survivor, but if you work together you can get hook saves from a camper. I find camping pays off most often because people are kinda foolish and/or selfish when it comes to couterplay against camping.

    Its not malicious, its not personal, its just business.

  • @saltmineinaction said:

    I see a lot of (fairly) new killers camping, especially around rank 20-16 to secure kills. the higher the killer ranks the less camping there is. But it also depends on how the survivors are playing. If they do a lot of things to make the killer mad, they are more likely to camp a hooked person then when there is a normal gameplay

    I've seen high rank killers camp also.

  • Cause it effective...run unbreakable it to common

  • Is there a good reason not to? I don't think so. Defend the gens, gens fly anyway. Don't tunnel, gens fly and still get hit by DS anyway. Ruin Undying gets nerfed, so the 1 perk that rewards killers for pressuring gens goes down in 1 minute. Try to play nice and fair, get tbagged by 4 survs at the exits. There's a risk of getting fewer kills by camping, but there's also a risk of getting few to no kills by not camping. 2 sides of a coin, baby.

  • Nah good old fashioned gen pressure I never camp as killer unless the survivor vis toxic

    @Clevite said:

    First, don't become something you hate. Are you so easily swayed, you would abandon your own beliefs because of something someone else did?

    Secondly, this has to be bait. Are you really comparing camping to old mori?

    Lastly, play how you choose, and be mature enough to let others do the same.

    Camping is skilless don't get mad cause I run you why punish a good survivor

  • Man reading your post feels like reading post game chat..

    Did you just have a bad game? Just let it go and play another match or call it a day.

  • Holy CRAP do they not teach punctuation in school anymore?

  • @Tillablerhino44 said:

    Sorry killers I wasn't toxic but camping and nord are you guys so sweetie that the only way to get kills is camp I love running a killer it's what I do but I play solo and when I am caught I am camped 95 percent of the time can you patrol a gen stay away from occupied hooks if you can't catch someone then practice one day I woke up and was good not great but good please learn your killer then play your best get rid of noed surveillance works wonders play fair cause I'm about to just ba a toxic survivor and the worst of it is I hate toxicity but camping is just as bad as old ebony mori please if you read this devs figure something out cause borrowed time is'nt enough

    lol say what you want but i love my dh and noed when both are up they like to shake the salt shakers.

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    Why not camp? fast gens and bad maps leave little incentive not to. Especially on killers with weak chase but good defense.

    ... Because you can get them to die faster if they get unhooked? Less waiting for the Entity to get a move on and drag that rapscallion screaming and hanging limply into the false sky!

  • @malatruse said:

    Isn't camping good in the sense that it allows the other survivors to do gens with no consequences?

    For the most part survivors will reward the camping and try to swap hooks or straight up swarm and get slugged then they'll cry about it in end game chat.

  • They camp for one of these reasons usually.

    1. They aren't that good at killer yet and don't think they could get a kill without doing it.
    2. The survivor has been toxic so they are being toxic back to them.
    3. They don't care about pips or bloodpoints and just want to make other peoples games suck so they camp.
    4. The other survivors are near the hook so myn't as well stay there because there's no point checking gens if they're not there and you know where they are.
    5. Its end game and they are securing a kill and may hopefully get more if people rush in for the save.
  • Cause survivors just complain without thinking things through. No thought of cause and effect. Just “undying WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY OP AND MAKES GAME UNPLAYABLE” when really it wasnt, just learn and adapt. Was it strong yea, was it op no.

    Now killers dont have the early game slow down so gens pop faster and killers get nervous so they tunnel and camp

  • It's a pretty decent strategy, unfortunately.

    The typical punishment, or "balance" if you will, to camping, is the fact that it robs the killer of map pressure. Unfortunately, at most 3 gens will pop while one survivor is camped to death, if they don't kill themselves on hook. That's plenty of time to camp out one more survivor to death, and with blood warden/NOED, they can easily land a 4k. Even if the survivors can loop decently, 2 kills are pretty much guaranteed. Not much disincentive there.

    Plus, it's just an awful way to play. Boring, disrespectful, and leaves the killer smug and self-righteous. And god forbid if survivors get too generous; I've gotten 4ks at 5 gens with clown, by grabbing survivors off hooks and finishing off the one that runs away.

  • Why are 3 gens still done before or as soon as you get first hook?