The two perks I think could be taken out of the game.

Spine Chill and NOED.


Just an opinion

Comments

  • @Ryan489x said:

    Spine Chill and NOED.

    Just an opinion

    Justification for each?

  • No. Both have counterplay.

  • Spine chill because it's impossible to be sneaky when people can tell you're coming a mile away

    NOED because it's annoying to work hard in a match(yes I do bones too only to get screwed over at the last second. also most killers who run it don't let a match reach endgame so.

  • @Ryan489x said:

    Spine chill because it's impossible to be sneaky when people can tell you're coming a mile away

    NOED because it's annoying to work hard in a match(yes I do bones too only to get screwed over at the last second. also most killers who run it don't let a match reach endgame so.

    If the match doesnt reach endgane then isnt it just a dead perk slot and not relevant to the conversation.

  • Not sure why Spine Chill is getting hate. It's a good perk but nothing crazy in comparison to the list of meta Survivor perks

  • @gatsby said:

    Not sure why Spine Chill is getting hate. It's a good perk but nothing crazy in comparison to the list of meta Survivor perks

    some people are just running out of ideas how to nerf survivors more so you know thats what happens

  • Thought this was going to say Slippery Meat and Monstrous Shrine.

  • Bring a map, small game, or detectives clutch. For spine chill just look to the side, that doesn't even require an item or perk. I do both of those and neither of these are an issue for me anymore.

  • I feel like this is the law of equivalent exchange

    would give up noed for stealth killers to lose their thorn in the side

  • Spinechill - don't use direct routes, keep your vision cone off the generator.

    NOED- DO THE FLIPPIN' BONES

  • @Ryan489x said:

    Spine Chill and NOED.

    Just an opinion

    Desicive Strike and Borrowed time..

  • @bm33 said:

    Thought this was going to say Slippery Meat and Monstrous Shrine.

    Those were my picks, but I would also have accepted

    Territorial Imperative

    Beast of Prey

    Thrill of the Hunt

    Hope

    Premonition

    This is not Happening

  • Unless I'm running a stealth killer, spine chill has been little consequence to me. I run spies from the shadows and even if they sneak away they more often than not trigger a crow and I punish them for it. Spinechill really only matters much on stealth killers, and even then it's not a huge deal.


    Noed is fine. Do bones before the end. If you don't want to do bones then just assume they have noed and make sure you have good escape routes (but know that they will likely catch you eventually).

  • @Woot1234 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007225#Comment_2007225

    Those were my picks, but I would also have accepted

    Territorial Imperative

    Beast of Prey

    Thrill of the Hunt

    Hope

    Premonition

    This is not Happening

    What about no mither?

  • "I knew it was going to be NOED Even before I clicked, I knew it was going to be NOED!" - Moe

  • @Ryan489x said:

    Spine Chill and NOED.

    Just an opinion

    No! I love Spine Chill and honestly, it's not that good of a perk against more experienced killers.

  • @Mistikus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007221#Comment_2007221

    some people are just running out of ideas how to nerf survivors more so you know thats what happens

    Yes! Leave Spine Chill alone. It's my must have perk. Next, they'll want to nerf Premonition which isn't even a perk I use but works in a similar fashion.

  • @Tomskrex said:

    No. Both have counterplay.

    spinechill doesn’t have counterplay tho

  • Look away when sneaking up on the Survivor. Most of the time you will be able to tell if they have Spine Chill or not.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007846#Comment_2007846

    Look away when sneaking up on the Survivor. Most of the time you will be able to tell if they have Spine Chill or not.

    This has to be a joke, you can’t just expect killers to moonwalk everywhere if a survivor might have spinechill

    also how can you counter it in a chase with the added vault speed?

  • As an avid Spine Chill user I do NOT approve of this message.

  • @ThePolice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007865#Comment_2007865

    This has to be a joke, you can’t just expect killers to moonwalk everywhere if a survivor might have spinechill

    also how can you counter it in a chase with the added vault speed?

    I predominantly play as stealth killers and I have no issue countering Spine Chill. You don’t have to moonwalk everywhere, but it’s blatantly obvious when somebody is using it, so once I’m approaching the generator I know they’re on, I aim my camera more towards the side so that they don’t get the prompt I’m looking in their direction and it always catches them off guard.

    The 6% vault speed increase isn’t even that good unless you pair it with Resilience and even then it’s not a guarantee you’re vaulting without being hit.

    With some of the perk combos that get abused in this game, I’m surprised people are actually complaining about Spine Chill. 🤡

  • @Tomskrex said:

    No. Both have counterplay.

    Spine Chill doesn’t really have counterplay, but it’s not worthy of a ban.

  • Spinechill wouldn't even hit my top 10 survivor perks. It's good but not THAT good. Spinechill even against a team with coms isn't that great. Killer can learn to moonwalk like others mentioned or position yourself that you corner them anyways as you approach a gen. If you can tell a certain survivor has it you can tunnel them as well (although I'm not worried about it myself).


    NOED is a bit Overrated. If you are careful and keep distance from the killer. If noed goes off you often have enough time to open the gate and leave If you want that (a lot of killers go for the hook rather than chase others), or you could go get that specific totem, or you could try a risky save. You have a lot of options honestly. If survivors are worried about noed they can make an anti noed build.

  • @KiwiCoattails said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007869#Comment_2007869

    I predominantly play as stealth killers and I have no issue countering Spine Chill. You don’t have to moonwalk everywhere, but it’s blatantly obvious when somebody is using it, so once I’m approaching the generator I know they’re on, I aim my camera more towards the side so that they don’t get the prompt I’m looking in their direction and it always catches them off guard.

    The 6% vault speed increase isn’t even that good unless you pair it with Resilience and even then it’s not a guarantee you’re vaulting without being hit.

    With some of the perk combos that get abused in this game, I’m surprised people are actually complaining about Spine Chill. 🤡

    I’m not saying to remove spinechill but realistically it doesnt have counterplay

  • @ThePolice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007884#Comment_2007884

    I’m not saying to remove spinechill but realistically it doesnt have counterplay

    I just listed counter-play. This is like when people ask for BBQ counter-play and say “don’t tell me to just hide in a locker or get closer to the hook” and it’s like ?

  • The only problem I have with spine chill is cause of Gosthy and Myers. They need to look at their victims to use their power, and can't do that by moonwalking.

  • @Nosferatu3145 said:

    The only problem I have with spine chill is cause of Gosthy and Myers. They need to look at their victims to use their power, and can't do that by moonwalking.

    But even that isn't that huge of a deal. I've never had a game of all spinechill players and can only think of a couple where there were multiple players with it. I honestly run into more games without spinechill than a game with someone using it. It's fine for survivors to have some counterplay to certain killers. I kind of view it as similar to (although much more useful than) calm spirit affecting doctors usefulness. Similarly survivors have flashlights that they can use on hags traps, use flashlights on wraith cloak, etc. Just because something in the game is better against, let's say 4 (even though it's more like 2 or 3) killers even that's less than 18ish% of killers in the game where a perk is better against them. It's just not that prevalent of a problem

  • Spine chill!? Who uses that 😂 you should have said dh that gets used every match.

  • Honestly I hate Spine Chill because survivors who use it while I'm playing survivor tend to be the most unfun people to play with. The moment they hear a TR or see Spine Chill go off they literally disappear. Putting all the pressure on you whether you decide to join them or double down and stick to the gens because they can never commit to anything because they want to play immersed.

    As a killer main though I'm under the firm opinion that if a killer is Undetectable or the survivor is Oblivious it should not proc Spine Chill. In reality who would this buff?

    The Pig, The Wraith, The Shape, The Ghostface or any killer with a perk that gives off one of those two effects. So already it's a nerf against survivors to pretty much killers who are already bad or just running Tinkerer.

    For The Wraith that's the biggest one who'd be getting a buff - His power is literally NOTHING BUT STEALTH and is 100% countered by a perk. People who say just moonwalk to a survivor are delusional. If you're aware of your surroundings you can always prepare for this and it becomes obvious. Also consider that a survivor can literally be anywhere and you'll never know if Spine Chill went off while preparing to moonwalk to your target location. Moonwalking is too gimmicky and unreliable to work a lot of the time.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007922#Comment_2007922

    But even that isn't that huge of a deal. I've never had a game of all spinechill players and can only think of a couple where there were multiple players with it. I honestly run into more games without spinechill than a game with someone using it. It's fine for survivors to have some counterplay to certain killers. I kind of view it as similar to (although much more useful than) calm spirit affecting doctors usefulness. Similarly survivors have flashlights that they can use on hags traps, use flashlights on wraith cloak, etc. Just because something in the game is better against, let's say 4 (even though it's more like 2 or 3) killers even that's less than 18ish% of killers in the game where a perk is better against them. It's just not that prevalent of a problem

    Well, just because it doesn't happen very often it doesn't mean it's not problematic. And I think it's fine some perks counter some especific killers, but not to the point of render their power useless. The exemples that you gave make killer powers less efective, but they can still play around and get some value of their power.

    Besides, GF is a weak killer and has and already simple but effective counterplay, that is be aware of your surrounding.

  • @Nosferatu3145 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007928#Comment_2007928

    Well, just because it doesn't happen very often it doesn't mean it's not problematic. And I think it's fine some perks counter some especific killers, but not to the point of render their power useless. The exemples that you gave make killer powers less efective, but they can still play around and get some value of their power.

    Besides, GF is a weak killer and has and already simple but effective counterplay, that is be aware of your surrounding.

    But spine chill doesn't render it useless stillcwince teams never run it as a whole. Sure you can't catch that one survivor very easily but you still have 3 others. The power isn't worthless at that point. You just need to be tactful. There aren't any counters that completely shut out a killers power in the game honestly

  • @Nosferatu3145 said:

    The only problem I have with spine chill is cause of Gosthy and Myers. They need to look at their victims to use their power, and can't do that by moonwalking.

    I never had a problem with Spine Chill as Ghostface. If they have it, I have to M1 them instead of stalking them (most of the time, you can still try to stalk them while in Chase, but it takes quite long), but I am fine with that one.

    On Myers, he should be immune to Spine Chill in Tier 1 (which got removed when they gave him Undetectable).

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2008000#Comment_2008000

    But spine chill doesn't render it useless stillcwince teams never run it as a whole. Sure you can't catch that one survivor very easily but you still have 3 others. The power isn't worthless at that point. You just need to be tactful

    I as said just because it is not often, doesn't mean that is not problematic. What If all 4 have spine chill and your playing GF? You will never get to stalk people and expose them.

    I have run on teams that had 4 SC, I was not playing a stalking killer, but still. The fact that this perk alone make the power of a killer obsolete it's not right.

  • @Nosferatu3145 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2008010#Comment_2008010

    I as said just because it is not often, doesn't mean that is not problematic. What If all 4 have spine chill and your playing GF? You will never get to stalk people and expose them.

    I have run on teams that had 4 SC, I was not playing a stalking killer, but still. The fact that this perk alone make the power of a killer obsolete it's not right.

    Each of the stealth killers can stillcdo well without their ability, including Ghostface. I've had lots of games recently as wraith that I didn't even need the bell for the most part and still got 4ks back to back against red ranks. I personally have a much bigger issue with 4 players running DS than something like spinechill since DS has no direct counter while Spinechill do have options

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007922#Comment_2007922

    I never had a problem with Spine Chill as Ghostface. If they have it, I have to M1 them instead of stalking them (most of the time, you can still try to stalk them while in Chase, but it takes quite long), but I am fine with that one.

    On Myers, he should be immune to Spine Chill in Tier 1 (which got removed when they gave him Undetectable).

    Yeah, i know that you can M1 if you cannot stalk. But I don't think that is a fun mechanic for the killer. When I play GF is fun to try get hidden and aproach by other angles and stalk survivors, but that can't be done if the survivor in question has spine chill. And as I said \bove, it doesn't happen often, but if all survivors run SC, GF will be basically an M1 killer that can be undetectable for a while.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2008015#Comment_2008015

    Each of the stealth killers can stillcdo well without their ability, including Ghostface. I've had lots of games recently as wraith that I didn't even need the bell for the most part and still got 4ks back to back against red ranks. I personally have a much bigger issue with 4 players running DS than something like spinechill since DS has no direct counter while Spinechill do have options

    I know that sometimes you can do well being just an M1 killer, but against decent teams that will not going to happen.

    And the fun in playing killer is that each one has a unique power, but if you can't use your power, what's the point?

    The whole premise of GF is that you hide and stalk survivors, and even if it is possible to do well without doing that, there's no difference in playing him and any other killer who is 115% and will not use it's power. I personally think that this is a flawn in game design. If I would design a killer, i wouldn't do it that it's power is based on if survivors have X perk or not.

    I think it's fine that somethings make the life of the killer harder (flashlights vs hag, iron will vs spirit, calm spirit vs doctor) but not to the point of make it's power almost useless.

  • @Nosferatu3145 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2008019#Comment_2008019

    I know that sometimes you can do well being just an M1 killer, but against decent teams that will not going to happen.

    And the fun in playing killer is that each one has a unique power, but if you can't use your power, what's the point?

    The whole premise of GF is that you hide and stalk survivors, and even if it is possible to do well without doing that, there's no difference in playing him and any other killer who is 115% and will not use it's power. I personally think that this is a flawn in game design. If I would design a killer, i wouldn't do it that it's power is based on if survivors have X perk or not.

    I think it's fine that somethings make the life of the killer harder (flashlights vs hag, iron will vs spirit, calm spirit vs doctor) but not to the point of make it's power almost useless.

    Eh I guess we can just agree to disagree. Granted I've not used Ghostface much, the other killers stealth killers (wraith, pig, and myers) I've had a decent bit of experience with and haven't had much issue against spinechill and honestly kinda hope someone runs it over other perks such as ds, unbreakable, and deadhard.

  • @Woot1234 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007225#Comment_2007225

    Those were my picks, but I would also have accepted

    Territorial Imperative

    Beast of Prey

    Thrill of the Hunt

    Hope

    Premonition

    This is not Happening

    Also...

    Up the Ante

    Sole Survivor

    Hangmans Trick

    Mindbreaker