Public Service Announcement: Scratch Mirror Myers
This is a public service announcement for those of you who still don't seem to understand how Spooky Myers works (Scratched Mirror + Boyfriend's Memo). I can see through walls a LONG way. It amazes me that I still run into Red and Purple Rank Survivors who don't seem to understand this. Spooky Myers can see you, pretty much all the time. His trade off is he is slow and can never Tier up. This brings me to the NEXT point:
No, I'm not camping. I can see you. If you don't leave the area, I'm not going to either. Why would I? If I can see two out of three unhooked Survivors within my range, I'm going to angle to get them. I had people who were Red Rank that called me a "Face Camper" when I wasn't even in sight of the hook, simply because I could return to the Hook to intercept them. So, I want to know WHO carried you people into the Red Ranks that you don't understand Spooky. Time to learn.
Comments
Lazy? I don't think that is a term that has ever been used to describe me. I got a bit of a chuckle out of that. You are making several incorrect assumptions:
I don't rely on my build. I try to take my build to the next level. I want to see what I can do with it, and unlike other people in this thread, I don't think Spooky is just for indoor maps.
Well, my best advice is for anyone who wants to know how things work, just go to the Wiki. Every Perk, Power, Add-On, and Map is well explained and detailed within. Nobody has to pay a thing. That is where I went and learned about the ones I don't pay for.
Heh. I'll tell you the same thing I said to some salty people who tried to get a rise out of me the other day. Yes, I do enjoy killing babies like you. Don't beat yourself up; someday you will be able to get out alive against me. I'll keep an eye out for you Hulk... look forward to meeting you in the fog.
I usually just play Myers Tier 2 with Monitor and Abuse, I still have that sneak advantage while being at normal speed.
Respect. I just don't perform well with him. My only issue with the Build is I still start in Tier-1 and the crappy, short range Wall Hack won't even work until I've reached Tier-2. I appreciate what they were "trying" to do with him, i.e. a mix between Spooky and Maniac, but I just underperform with him badly. For me, if the Vanity Mirror started you in Tier-2 and you simply remain there for the rest of the game, I would find it a lot more palatable.
What's so strange is that I just played this build an hour ago, and now this post shows up in my Google app. I didn't do so much as think about it, much less say it out loud, or Google search it and here this post is suggested to read. I haven't used the build in at least a year and I even managed a 2k at red rank. Haha. Cheers.
Excuse me?
Won every game as spooky Myers back in the day. As a survivor I dislike going against it but luckily it is rare. Most people just dc from my experience. I don't think survivors like it in general.
You play scratched mirror outdoors? Mad respect.
It usually just means that they only play survivor(or they've never played Myers) so they don't have any experience with using scratched mirror and don't understand how it works properly.
oh cool the killer bought me to lerys, oh look its myers
i really look forward to not having a single chase because he'll hit me once and leave so that when i finally start healing he'll just pop out again and down me hehehehahahohoh so fun and interactive and so so scary!!
That is the whole point of the jumpscare myers build though, didn't really think that many people didn't like it.
You put it on a forum for discussion, correct? Then when someone offers an opinion about it, you can only agree, disagree. If you want them to see it as something else change tactics to get them to see your it from your point of view. your first article never stated you checked gens. I don't remember seeing it. Then onto brag you have so much time to get to rank one everytime, seriously? Did you get a cookie, a gold medal, or maybe a cup of coffee? No, who cares it is a "GAME". Again my opinion if you are obsessed to becoming number 1 in a game it stops becoming fun. I concur that building characters with different perks and abilities is a majority of the fun. In the future when someone does state that agree to disagree is just that an opinion. If you don't want their opinion then don't leave it open. Any dibs on how many people are going to trash me for having an opinion?
This is true (as I play both survivor and killer as a Myers main) I rarely find anyone who plays spooky Myers and in the same breath haven't gone against alot of survivors who have either. It's alot harder to find then something like of like tombstone Myers.
The biggest problem is that Map Offerings are more rare than any Add-On on Myers. IMO Scratched Mirror does not really work on The Game or Hawkins, so you only got Lerys and maybe Midwich. And hard to get those Offerings.
Works perfectly fine on Hawkins, second only to Lery's. The game used to be excellent, but it's not quite as good now.
Midwich has too many long rooms with no LoS breakers for sneaking during a loop. Worth a punt if you've got a lot of scratched mirrors, but otherwise not worth the risk.
Heh. I had to unpack a few things here. Nobody is taking dibs on "trashing" you. If you look back at my post, I didn't attack you. I answered your points, one by one and thoroughly. I treated you politely. You on the other hand, started your "opinion" by calling me (and anyone using the build) "lazy." You doubled down and called it an "in-house cheat" which means you consider me to be a cheater that is just getting away with something. I want to point out that the only person that has been attacking the poster so far has been you. Food for thought.
As to your other points, I cede the point that I am way too prideful. It has always been my favorite sin. I like to think that I work hard to brag a bit now and then. The truth is I'm not competing with you or any other Player here. I compete with myself. I set goals for myself, hard ones in fact, and push forward until I manage them. And yes, I even treat myself to a cookie when I hit a milestone. I do take the game seriously, and I'm not entirely alone in that. Being chill and having fun is not mutually exclusive from being competitive.
Last point, I didn't ask you your opinion. I made a statement, and then simply engaged the others who answered in conversation. That includes you. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Nobody made you respond. When you did, however, it was an open invitation for me to consider, accept, or retort to your opinion. It suffices to say that no, I don't consider myself lazy. I do not cheat, nor do I consider the build an "in-house cheat" and I take offense at the fact that you aren't just insulting me, you are insulting everyone who plays Spooky.
Scratched Mirror makes the strongest build on Myers. Add indoor map -- and this leaves no chance for survivors. You can figure the build out, when you notice Myers stays too long in tier 1, but usually it is too late. Especially in solo queue. So if you are playing Scratched mirror, just send me a message on Steam, so that at least I am gonna bring Spine Chill or something
Most people bring Spine Chill these days anyway, regardless. I never have less than two Survivors with Spine Chill in my matches, and often 3+. I wish you were right, and Spooky was the strongest Myers build, but he is not. Even with the optimal map offering, he can be countered and trounced quite effectively. If Spooky was the "strongest" Myers build, you would see a whole hell of a lot of him. :)
Spooky -- is definitely not a S-tier build and depends on the map; on Mother's Dwelling it won't do good because of the size of the map, like any other Myers build, but it is really strong in general. I really thought Myers is a weak killer playing some standard builds, like stalk + t3 duration.
I did not perform well.
With scratched mirror -- wow, I have started getting 4k - 3k almost every game. Since then, I've tried multiple different builds on Myers, and I think Spooky is the strongest one for me. Of course there is a tombstone piece, which is also very strong, but for me this one is on the second place.
Then you may have found your personal jam. I also like Spooky better than the other Myers builds. You can play him on larger maps, you just have a very narrow margin of error. I'm glad to know you are out there, we few, we proud, we Haddonfield hitters.