Afk killer no more chase points, why?

Why got it changed? In the past when a killer was afk you could go around him and at least got chase points. Now the survivor gets nothing except gen points and escape. That's max 13k and is extremely boring.

Please change it back or give killers a ban for being afk and ruining the game for 4 players.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • You are free to report players who are AFK, I am sure if it's a constant thing they will be looked into.

    As for not getting chase points, I don't have a definite answer as to why (if) this was changed but if it was, it's probably to avoid and discourage farming points as much as possible.

    If a killer is AFK in a match I'm in, I will just do the gens and leave asap.

  • Chase points shouldnt be give to afk killers when exit gates are already open tho

  • you could sit in the basement for boldness points

  • @Mandy said:

    You are free to report players who are AFK, I am sure if it's a constant thing they will be looked into.

    As for not getting chase points, I don't have a definite answer as to why (if) this was changed but if it was, it's probably to avoid and discourage farming points as much as possible.

    If a killer is AFK in a match I'm in, I will just do the gens and leave asap.

    Except doing gens and leaving forces a depip on the survivors. We needed chases points to safety pip against an afk killer.

  • Also, you lose out on altruism because of an afk killer. I suppose survivors could try to max out other stuff but it does feel tedious

  • @Mandy said:

    You are free to report players who are AFK, I am sure if it's a constant thing they will be looked into.

    As for not getting chase points, I don't have a definite answer as to why (if) this was changed but if it was, it's probably to avoid and discourage farming points as much as possible.

    If a killer is AFK in a match I'm in, I will just do the gens and leave asap.

    Something is definitely up, when this tome first released I finished I think it was the nurse blink challenge, but was running late for work, so I left myself afk and when I got back home was on the end lobby screen, received no bps and no tome credit.

  • Seems self explanatory

  • @N0IDEA said:

    Seems self explanatory

    No it doesn't, the killer shouldn't get points but not the survivors

  • This is a really good thing actually! It's a huge nerf to Spirit since now she can't fake her power at all :D

  • If they're going to remove chase points for an AFK killer, then there needs to be some code that recognizes a killer is AFK and gives survivors BP as a safety net, just like how killers get points to offset the potential point loss from the DC'd survivor.

    Not having an active killer means as a survivor you can't earn any points in altruism and you lose out on a lot in boldness, minus doing some totems or hanging out forever in the basement (with this change), that's a big chunk of the potential BP gone.

  • unfortunately you dont get any compensation for farming killers.

  • @Mineguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1986999#Comment_1986999

    No it doesn't, the killer shouldn't get points but not the survivors

    Why would u get chase points if u aren't being chased??

  • @N0IDEA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1988442#Comment_1988442

    Why would u get chase points if u aren't being chased??

    Because there is no way to get chased? Why should the survivors get punished when the killer spontaneously disappears?

  • It's so annoying when a killer is afk- especially when they do it to intentionally derank because then everyone in the match will lose a pip.

  • @Sypdrae said:

    This is my only defense against toxic SWFs since I cannot DC without penalty. It's a shame when the killer is AFK from the start, but it would be unthinkable to allow Toxic Survivors to collect points for free.

    You could look at a wall

  • So basically killer is AFK no Chase or Altruism, depip at red ranks guaranteed for all survivors & the killer for the killer's actions.

    Doesn't seem fair.


    Killer should get no chase points, but survivors should still be able to farm (and then report) points off an AFK killer.

  • Afk survivors should get a harsher punishment since it literally ruins the game for your team no matter what they do

  • Why isn't there some afk timer for the killer? Survivors literally get crows when standing too still for too long, a same mechanic should be applied to killers (Like say a 5 min timer), the killer gets 0 BP, deranks, the survivors get the bps they earned but have a guarantee safety pip.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991507#Comment_1991507

    The issues is, if a swf or just a good group of survivors want to bully me when I'm playing a niche killer to try them out, and so I afk or just go round avoiding them, then they shouldn't get chase points.

    Sometimes afk offsets the rage some killers feel when put in a hopeless match, and that's some sort of win for that killer knowing the survivors depip because they were being bitches .

    Don't do this, some more killers will leave and that's the last thing you guys want.

    Just look at the wall of you really want to be a poor sport....

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1986684#Comment_1986684

    Except doing gens and leaving forces a depip on the survivors. We needed chases points to safety pip against an afk killer.

    THIS. Why is no one addressing the real problem here? If a killer doesn't load properly into the game and we just end up with an AFK killer, now we just depip so we might as well DC..


    I don't even play survivor like that and the problem is just obvious

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1992089#Comment_1992089

    Do you play in a swf?

    Unless you do, I doubt you see this often. Most killers only afk against them or at end game if your teabagging in exit gates.

    I have only ever afk'd once, and that was because this Team was a definitive swf ( they all had the same start of the name (not hex or faze, it was just something random)) and were playing at peak efficiency. I afk'd they de pipped.

    In end game chat they were raging, but then when I told them I was playing for a daily on pig and didn't want to have to deal with that ######### they calmed down and understood.

    Not all swf are just toxic, but if cannot win a match against a swf, I shouldn't have to play the game and if you play swf in the state the game is now and are tryhards, you deserve to depip once every 3-4 games.

    They'll easily get it back.

    Nope.

    Solo or with 1 friend.


    See an AFK killer every 2-3 days? Sometimes they auto-swing so can get some altruism points. Most AFK killers seem to be AFK to derank and stomp noobs.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1992233#Comment_1992233

    Ummh, I do both? I don't want them to get an easy pip because they are using a system that the game hasn't been balanced for.

    Sorry if that offends you. And I don't know why it would.

    I only do it to swf, not just bad games. I try in 99% of my games. I've only every done it once.

    So you do this because you faced an SWF? The game has long been saddled with that. Yea, we as killers don't love it, but it's a fact of the game and perks and balance changes have come since their introduction to smooth the balance... It'll never be 100% fair, but I have a tip... If you know it's SWF, just camp a couple of their friends... The pressure on friends to save each other is always much higher than saving a random, and if they are being toxic this will typically counter it. Just don't let them pull a big rescue play and you will turn those cool cucumber survivors into sour pickles real quick.


    Also if your online don't look at end game chat.... Or do, if you have fun with that type of engagement.


    Trust me, it's more satisfying than AFKing

  • @Zephinism said:

    So basically killer is AFK no Chase or Altruism, depip at red ranks guaranteed for all survivors & the killer for the killer's actions.

    Doesn't seem fair.

    Killer should get no chase points, but survivors should still be able to farm (and then report) points off an AFK killer.

    Imagine to use afk players to farm and them report them. lol

  • @N0IDEA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1992089#Comment_1992089

    Imagine to use afk players to farm and them report them. lol

    I dont think I should depip just because the killer is AFK, so yes I will farm enough points to safety pip before I report the guy for being AFK for the entire match.

  • @Katie_met said:

    It's so annoying when a killer is afk- especially when they do it to intentionally derank because then everyone in the match will lose a pip.

    Perhaps they should remove the safety pip so people would actually fall to their proper ranks.

  • @Mandy said:

    You are free to report players who are AFK, I am sure if it's a constant thing they will be looked into.

    As for not getting chase points, I don't have a definite answer as to why (if) this was changed but if it was, it's probably to avoid and discourage farming points as much as possible.

    If a killer is AFK in a match I'm in, I will just do the gens and leave asap.

    Yesterday I started a game and then my wife came home I was in the kitchen helping her put away groceries. Should I have dc'd and took the penalty? i took my remote in there with me and spun the sticks in a circle ended with 14k. is this bannable not sure what I should have done besides not help my wife.

  • @Mineguy said:

    Why got it changed? In the past when a killer was afk you could go around him and at least got chase points. Now the survivor gets nothing except gen points and escape. That's max 13k and is extremely boring.

    Please change it back or give killers a ban for being afk and ruining the game for 4 players.

    A free win is now "ruining" the game.