FREDDY NERFED AGAIN!!!!
I get it, people are tired of slugging, but THIS just got Freddy indirectly nerfed. Slugging was one of his most powerful tactics and now that it's easier to get people back up he has to go through that whole transition all over again. I might have to run knock out on him more now and waste a precious perk slot. I wouldn't have cared about this if they buffed him in this patch too, but instead they buffed sabotage and nerfed slugging. Might as well run Hangman's now huh. Sorry for the rant btw. It'll be useful for survivors which is good but Freddy is bad enough, he doesn't deserve this.
Comments
Yeah I don't agree with the slugging nerf. I feel I am also gonna feel the burn as a Leatherface main.
See even the poor bubbas will be effected
Slugging nerf, DS not nerfed, sabotage buffed
Uhm k, better prepare for a salty game experience
It is where you as the killer down multiple survivors without hooking them. It is an effective way to apply pressure on survivors.
Usually weaker killers such as Freddy, Leatherface, pig etc gain some big benefits from slugging rather than just individual downs and hooks.
DS nerf? When did that happen?
DS NOT nerfed, sadly the devs delayed it again...... why am i not surprised though
Sorry, my bad, I misread it.
Survivor complain A LOT about getting slugged… and Devs listen to them… sadly...
They also complained about camping so now if you're chasing in 16m radius it affects your chaser emblem. I never camp but now survivors can easily abuse this.
Really? Is that in the patchnotes?
In the ptb patchnotes, yes
Window vaulting was nerfed which is crucial
Ugh. Didn't know this - I really should read the notes myself.
I thought they were going to make games last longer, not speed them up??? One person on the floor is one less person doing gens. A slugged teammate is an easy rescue so, at least, one additional person was occupied finding and helping them. Two people not doing gens. Make it easier to get people up... shorten the amount of time they're not working on gens - that's pretty obvious, right?
And, slugging happens a lot when survivors swarm the hook and/or attempt to body-block or heal without moving away. Primarily from SWF teams, I've lost count of the number of times someone is healing a slugged survivor while I'm trying to hook one of his teammates (but being blocked). I have no objection to this battle... but the devs really want to make it easier to revive a survivor right in front of the killer? While at the same time, penalizing killers for being around the hook?!
I will trust that they have a bigger picture in mind... Er...
Edit: I don't even want this change with my survivor head on.
Hmm. Just reading the patch notes.
Any thoughts on whether the healing nerf will negate the changes to slugging? They may have done an ok job here after all?
I think the devs just hate us killer mains
Like black beard from r6
Yesss!!! If they bring that back Freddy would be the best slugger by far. Devs please bring this back
I never thought of it that way. Freddy is DbDs Jesus Christ, he was the sacrificial lamb. I hope his base kit gets buffed so hard that all survivors in the world start crying salt because they don't know how to counter him. Imagine if he gets buffed so his base kit is more powerful. Just imagine how nasty he could be WITH addons.
What?
So I am "no one"?
Class Photo is my favorite add on on Freddy and I use all my Black Wards only to keep the Class Photo. as often as possible.
I swear to god, I am still missing finding that note. What category is it under? There are a ton of notes in that PTB build.
It should be in a green box at the top of the forum. You should be able to access it from there by pressing the link by patch notes
it takes longer for us to recover and i have never seen a freddy slug
Strange, slugging is one of my main tactics as Freddy, I'm surprised other Freddy players don't slug but then again I main him, I try to find the tactics that'll help me out lol
Has anyone actually tested the timing of it though? Seeing as healing as a whole has been slowed down.
Under emblem changes, it says:
Chaser: Remaining within a close (16 meters) proximity of a hooked Survivor will reduce the quality of this Emblem over time.
Pig doesn't slug unless she's camping, or she tunneled a single survivor to their death hook and maintained a lead.
It was more to make a point.
I see a lot of nurses and Billy's doing it all the time at rank 1 and 2 usually with knockout but then people realize it's happening and go to farthest corners of map to frustrate them.
they will just continue nerfing our viable tactics, until we cannot do anything but insta hooking the survivors.
what did they once say?
"Its your game, and you as the killer can decide how you want to kill them" ( no 1:1 quote)... doesnt rly seem like that...
Yeah I mainly try to do it with weaker killers, especially Leatherface but I know strong killers obviously do it more effectively.
Then why don't you hook someone instead of slugging? Ohh gotta get that 4k or i'll kill myself. Seriously guys? You ######### about survivors being entitled to surviving but adopt an extremely toxic playstyle and get mad when the devs nerf it? lol they just took away even more pallets. Sounds like killers are now feeling more entitled than survivors ever were. lmao
M8, I'm not talking about slugging for a 4k. I only do that if I see the opportunity to. I'm talking about slugging for slowing the game down. It works wonders when you have one hooked, one slugged, and one or two coming to rescue. The survivors play right into my claws sometimes and that leaves no one on gens which starts so much chaos on the map and when the devs nerf it, it'll take away a very good form of slowing the game down and not allow some longer matches. Let me guess, when you play survivor you just loooove 5 minute matches right? Well I sure don't because they're nothing but a waste of time.
A hundred trapped and slugged Jakes on PS4 might disagree with you there.
IMO slugging with Piggy isn't too bad a strategy. I find it works well, in combination with the traps, to slow the game down. I try not to do it too much because it sucks for the survivor to get trapped, hooked, and then slugged when they're spotted trying to remove the trap... But, you know, some people deserve it.
Here we go… slugging is NOT "toxic".
Killer actually have a hard time being "toxic" at all, because killing people is their job and smacking someone in the head ,which is usually a toxic move, is part of their job description.
Survivor just don't like slugging, because it does away with DS, BT, We'll make it, Deliverance, Kindred, WGLF, Saboteur.
And of course denies the juicy unhook points.
Just saw this on Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/9l87sw/in_other_news_freddy_got_a_massive_indirect_buff/
Looks like someone has attempted some testing. I only skimmed it, but it looks to me that their conclusion was that recovery has not actually been nerfed in line with healing and so these changes are detrimental to killers.*
Can't say whether it's worse for Freddy, I don't play him.
Edit: Or maybe it has been, but anti-healing perks don't affect recovery. IDK.