LGBTQ

Sexuality has no place in this video game. Why is everybody so hung up on wether the new chapter is going to have an LGBT+ theme? Its a horror game about people getting hung on hooks.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • And? Those are going to be here regardless and have been here for years. Are you saying we should shut down the game altogether?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991393#Comment_1991393

    And? Those are going to be here regardless and have been here for years. Are you saying we should shut down the game altogether?

    Nope, I am only showing you that there will only be more problems than solutions. I am still sticking to my original statement and showing you how it would only work against you.

  • It says that discrimination may lead to suicidal thoughts and your consequence out of it is to explicitly exclude any mentionings about it?

  • @Rescultir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991400#Comment_1991400

    Nope, I am only showing you that there will only be more problems than solutions. I am still sticking to my original statement and showing you how it would only work against you.

    So far you've shown me that trans people need acceptance and respect, and that people have wanted to shut down this game since it was made (directly or indirectly). I don't see your point, TBH.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991383#Comment_1991383

    It says that discrimination may lead to suicidal thoughts and your consequence out of it is to explicitly exclude any mentionings about it?

    My bad I linked the wrong one, this one is more up-to-date.

    https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/142/4/e20174218

  • That's not it either, there was one that talked about kids making irrational decisions that lead to suicide, I can not seem to find it in my history...

  • Research clearly reveals that minority identities are not the cause of health disparities.

    You're trying to make a link between being trans and higher suicide rates, but the link is between discrimination and higher suicide rates. This is well known.

  • @Rescultir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991416#Comment_1991416

    That's not it either, there was one that talked about kids making irrational decisions that lead to suicide, I can not seem to find it in my history...

    I'm just wondering why it's in your history to begin with. Besides, it's well known that bullying, etc., is what leads kids to suicide.

  • Do you even read those or do you just hope I believe you and don’t Open the links and read on my own?

    please show me where it states that exposure to LGBTQ+ representation is directly linked to higher suicide rates or even irrational decision making for children?

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991416#Comment_1991416

    Do you even read those or do you just hope I believe you and don’t Open the links and read on my own?

    please show me where it states that exposure to LGBTQ+ representation is directly linked to higher suicide rates or even irrational decision making for children?

    Oh no, it's right there in the first one I posted.

    • "Among USTS respondents, suicide thoughts and attempts were more likely to be reported among those of younger ages, Alaskan Native/American Indian or Biracial/Multiracial respondents, transgender men, pansexual respondents, and non-binary respondents assigned female at birth."
    • Similar to trends in the U.S. population, we found a higher prevalence across all suicide-related measures among respondents who had lower educational attainment, were unemployed, or had lower annual household income. In terms of relationship status, respondents who were partnered and living together with their partners had the lowest prevalence of suicidal thoughts and attempts.

    discrimination is not the only thing leading to suicide.

    But I did have one about kids that I guess is gone now.

  • @Rescultir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991438#Comment_1991438

    Oh no, it's right there in the first one I posted.

    • "Among USTS respondents, suicide thoughts and attempts were more likely to be reported among those of younger ages, Alaskan Native/American Indian or Biracial/Multiracial respondents, transgender men, pansexual respondents, and non-binary respondents assigned female at birth."
    • Similar to trends in the U.S. population, we found a higher prevalence across all suicide-related measures among respondents who had lower educational attainment, were unemployed, or had lower annual household income. In terms of relationship status, respondents who were partnered and living together with their partners had the lowest prevalence of suicidal thoughts and attempts.

    discrimination is not the only thing leading to suicide.

    Okay. I agree that discrimination is not the only factor/risk.

    but why would you conclude out of all of this that explicit exclusion in media would help??

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991468#Comment_1991468

    Okay. I agree that discrimination is not the only factor/risk.

    but why would you conclude out of all of this that explicit exclusion in media would help??

    Media wouldn't help, they'd probably make it worse. By "help" I meant they'd help to try and take the game down. Depending on popularity, I assume. Media is weird these days.

  • @Rescultir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991478#Comment_1991478

    Media wouldn't help, they'd probably make it worse. By "help" I meant they'd help to try and take the game down.

    Probably? You said there is proof it did make it worse?


    media representation helps to make the complete topic more normal in the eyes of the people. It would help transgender people that realize they are transgender that it is okay to be that way.

    and no, this wouldn’t lead to people getting irreversible treatment that they didn’t actually want, that should go a long psychiatric and medical process. If those processes are cut short it has nothing to do with media representation. I have heard about some of those cases. It’s the fault of the parents and doctors. Not the media.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991468#Comment_1991468

    Okay. I agree that discrimination is not the only factor/risk.

    but why would you conclude out of all of this that explicit exclusion in media would help??

    Anyway, I am trying not to get off-topic here.

    My original point is that having an LGBTQ character would cause problems, IMO.

    If the devs wish to add in an LGBTQ character then that is up to them, again, I don't have any problems with REASONABLE LGBTQ that will at least listen and talk about things without being offended.

    Personally, I think Nea comes off as a bit of a Lesbian character just because of her other cosmetics.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991485#Comment_1991485

    Probably? You said there is proof it did make it worse?

    media representation helps to make the complete topic more normal in the eyes of the people. It would help transgender people that realize they are transgender that it is okay to be that way.

    and no, this wouldn’t lead to people getting irreversible treatment that they didn’t actually want, that should go a long psychiatric and medical process. If those processes are cut short it has nothing to do with media representation. I have heard about some of those cases. It’s the fault of the parents and doctors. Not the media.

    Media encourages a lot more than you think.

  • That’s why we need good representation

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991485#Comment_1991485

    Probably? You said there is proof it did make it worse?

    media representation helps to make the complete topic more normal in the eyes of the people. It would help transgender people that realize they are transgender that it is okay to be that way.

    and no, this wouldn’t lead to people getting irreversible treatment that they didn’t actually want, that should go a long psychiatric and medical process. If those processes are cut short it has nothing to do with media representation. I have heard about some of those cases. It’s the fault of the parents and doctors. Not the media.

    It will be cut short if that assistant Rachel Levine gets in, then who'd be the one to blame?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991423#Comment_1991423

    I'm just wondering why it's in your history to begin with. Besides, it's well known that bullying, etc., is what leads kids to suicide.

    I was watching something on YouTube about it and was looking up stuff to see ######### is going on with that and then I started watching more YouTube videos lol

  • @Rescultir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991494#Comment_1991494

    It will be cut short if that assistant Rachel Levine gets in, then who'd be the one to blame?

    Not BHVR or Videogame characters that happen to be LGBTQ+. In no way.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991519#Comment_1991519

    Not BHVR or Videogame characters that happen to be LGBTQ+. In no way.

    ok, I hope for good outcomes if they do add it. I mean, if they can add a K-Pop killer they can pretty much add anything.

  • @JimboMason said:

    All I wanna know is what trapper and oni are packin', thats all ;)

    Noice.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1989524#Comment_1989524

    That’s my entire point of view. I never myself have directly asked for that representation nor do I really actually want or need it. I definitely wouldn’t mind it though and would probably love it if the execution was great, just how I like the newly revealed chapter.

    i just don’t see why the devs should restrict themselves in their creativity or why exclusion should take place if there is no reason for it.

    Yeah,I wasn't even a little interested in a LGBT character but see so many people being against it make it necessary

  • @UncleStabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991061#Comment_1991061

    It almost seems like heterosexuality is the abnormal thing these days. Way too many people consider themselves LGBT just because that's what's popular. Its frustrating.

    Heteressexuais can be LGBT too,lol[

    They can be trans,assexual, non-binary and etc,etc

    Bi and general homossexuais people are very prob more minority, but if we take everything LGBT fits,the number is a way bigger


    @Rescultir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991299#Comment_1991299

    Yea so you see the problem here then? The game is rated M for mature but parents still let their kids play BUT the parents won't put that blame on themselves, they'll point it at the game and the devs, and then the media will jump on it like they always do. This has also been going on for years to other games.

    Yes I know that's not how it works, calm down I am only saying that showing underdeveloped kids that kind of stuff can turn them in a direction they might not want to go. Not so much for Lesbian or Gay but the more extreme stuff and I use the word "extreme" only because you can change/alter your appearance and won't be able to reverse it. It is not intended to be offensive.

    I should also mention that by "kid" I mean anyone younger than 15. Maybe 16

    I'm pretty sure that even before 15 they know what homossexuality is, and mostly of them is into it since about 13 or 14,lol

  • @N0IDEA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991153#Comment_1991153

    Heteressexuais can be LGBT too,lol[

    They can be trans,assexual, non-binary and etc,etc

    You can't be a heterosexual asexual, those are mutually exclusive concepts.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1992003#Comment_1992003

    You can't be a heterosexual asexual, those are mutually exclusive concepts.

    There are asexual people living in heterosexual (or other sexual) relationships though.

  • @Rescultir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991400#Comment_1991400

    Nope, I am only showing you that there will only be more problems than solutions. I am still sticking to my original statement and showing you how it would only work against you.

    So obvs we must accept homophobia to avoid homophobia.

    Genius, that's mindset make world's a ######### sometimes

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1992003#Comment_1992003

    You can't be a heterosexual asexual, those are mutually exclusive concepts.

    U do, u can't be heterossexual and Arromantic, but u can be assexual and be in a romantic relationship. It just doesn't include sex (or kisses and huges if u take it as sexual)

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1992006#Comment_1992006

    There are asexual people living in heterosexual (or other sexual) relationships though.

    Which is not the same thing as being heterosexual (or other). I'm in a homosexual relationship, but I'm still bisexual.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991240#Comment_1991240

    With everything going on in the world right now, I would avoid adding LGBTQ characters to this game. It's not that I don't want an LGBTQ character, you do you that's fine but I know that the other more "caring" LGBTQ people the ones that just look at things for what it is without putting much thought into it will see this game as offensive. I believe there will be too many problems that will occur when adding an LGBTQ character to this game and any other game depending on the style of the game.

    So you explain the context to them and ignore the unreasonable ones who won't listen. Problem solved.

    I also know that there are some kids that play this game and I STRONGLY believe that they do not need to know about this kind of stuff at a young age from a game. so again, I only see more problems than solutions coming from this.

    As someone who didn't know bisexuality was a thing until his late teens despite having felt attracted toward boys and girls since he was a child, this is BS. Furthermore, if kids are playing the game, I'd be far more worried about their exposure to the violence and toxic people than a line of lore they will never read.

    I agree with kids not playing toxic or adult like games, but neither should they be taught about sexuality, both straight and anything non-straight.

  • @N0IDEA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1992006#Comment_1992006

    U do, u can't be heterossexual and Arromantic, but u can be assexual and be in a romantic relationship. It just doesn't include sex (or kisses and huges if u take it as sexual)

    You're getting two concepts mixed up here: relationship status and sexual orientation. Just like gay men and lesbian women can get opposite-sex partners to "fit in", they don't become heterosexual just because they did so. See my example above.

  • @Zaytex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991246#Comment_1991246

    I agree with kids not playing toxic or adult like games, but neither should they be taught about sexuality, both straight and anything non-straight.

    You should start with the greater evils, then: TV and ads. Get them to drop all sexual content, then we can work on DbD.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1992025#Comment_1992025

    Which is not the same thing as being heterosexual (or other). I'm in a homosexual relationship, but I'm still bisexual.

    Yeah I get that. Pretty sure that’s what they meant though. It’s sometimes just not so easy to express it exactly like you meant it :)

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1992035#Comment_1992035

    You should start with the greater evils, then: TV and ads. Get them to drop all sexual content, then we can work on DbD.

    Right, I should work on greater evils but you're asking for LGBTQ people to be poorly represented in a game that has less than 50k active players.

    Right

  • @Zaytex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1992051#Comment_1992051

    Right, I should work on greater evils but you're asking for LGBTQ people to be poorly represented in a game that has less than 50k active players.

    Right

    No one asked for poor representation and the devs confirmed they know it’s a sensitive topic and they want to handle it the right way.

  • I'm new to the forums. Is there always a zillion threads on "LGBTQ"?

    And once again as a gay person, just throwing my voice in to say I couldn't care less if DBD "adds a LGBTQ character". It seems like this is brought up daily, in multiple threads. It's not homophobic, or bigoted to find it irrelevant for a game like this.

    Please don't judge us all by the loudest on the internet.

    In other games, sure it would be nice to see a gay character sometimes so long as it's done in a natural, organic, non-obnoxious way. But idk, I'm getting concerned more and more that the constant bitching will actually make people more resistant to the addition of non-heterosexual characters in the future.

  • @Zaytex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1992051#Comment_1992051

    Right, I should work on greater evils but you're asking for LGBTQ people to be poorly represented in a game that has less than 50k active players.

    Right

    You're the one worrying about "the children", so it makes more sense to work on the greater evils. I'm just advocating for my LGBT brothers, sisters, and others who play this game and want representation, so my scope is much smaller than yours.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    I'm new to the forums. Is there always a zillion threads on "LGBTQ"?

    And once again as a gay person, just throwing my voice in to say I couldn't care less if DBD "adds a LGBTQ character". It seems like this is brought up daily, in multiple threads. It's not homophobic, or bigoted to find it irrelevant for a game like this.

    Please don't judge us all by the loudest on the internet.

    In other games, sure it would be nice to see a gay character sometimes so long as it's done in a natural, organic, non-obnoxious way. But idk, I'm getting concerned more and more that the constant bitching will actually make people more resistant to the addition of non-heterosexual characters in the future.

    I'm new to the forums. Is there always a zillion threads on "LGBTQ"?

    Nope. It happens from time to time whenever the subject is brought up. It started when the devs made an announcement that they weren't going to purposefully exclude LGBT lore any more.

    And once again as a gay person, just throwing my voice in to say I couldn't care less if DBD "adds a LGBTQ character". It seems like this is brought up daily, in multiple threads. It's not homophobic, or bigoted to find it irrelevant for a game like this.

    Thing is, there are already heterosexual characters, but people are only opposing LGBT characters. What do you think the difference is?

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    I'm new to the forums. Is there always a zillion threads on "LGBTQ"?

    And once again as a gay person, just throwing my voice in to say I couldn't care less if DBD "adds a LGBTQ character". It seems like this is brought up daily, in multiple threads. It's not homophobic, or bigoted to find it irrelevant for a game like this.

    Please don't judge us all by the loudest on the internet.

    In other games, sure it would be nice to see a gay character sometimes so long as it's done in a natural, organic, non-obnoxious way. But idk, I'm getting concerned more and more that the constant bitching will actually make people more resistant to the addition of non-heterosexual characters in the future.

    No usually there are not multiple threads with this topic. But from time to time one person asks for representation or speculates about a new character maybe being LGBT and then it blows up, because of all the people that „don’t care, but ...“, or „no sexuality/politics please“ etc.

    it all started with when the devs confirmed they no longer exclude LGBTQ which they have unintentionally done in the past.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1992031#Comment_1992031

    You're getting two concepts mixed up here: relationship status and sexual orientation. Just like gay men and lesbian women can get opposite-sex partners to "fit in", they don't become heterosexual just because they did so. See my example above.

    Sexual desire and will to be in a long term or emotional relationship are two different things, but I guess this is not the right place to discuss it

  • @N0IDEA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1992045#Comment_1992045

    Sexual desire and will to be in a long term or emotional relationship are two different things, but I guess this is not the right place to discuss it

    Yes, but you said heterosexual and asexual, not heteroromantic or aromantic.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1992087#Comment_1992087

    No usually there are not multiple threads with this topic. But from time to time one person asks for representation or speculates about a new character maybe being LGBT and then it blows up, because of all the people that „don’t care, but ...“, or „no sexuality/politics please“ etc.

    it all started with when the devs confirmed they no longer exclude LGBTQ which they have unintentionally done in the past.

    Well if the Devs have stated that, than case closed. People can whine into the void until they tucker themselves out. I think how this stuff is treated online is breeding toxicity and resentment on all sides.

    Most people in the western world couldn't care less about people being gay. In the world of video games however, there will always be a loud group of tossers who have problems with anything outside of their basements. These are the same lot that give women a hard time in online Co-ops (I have a female friend who plays and she gets treated pretty crap a lot). There is no changing them, and they will always be there.

    On the flipside, there are groups of militant, intolerant Rainbow warriors who find ways to take issue with just about everything. They treat the slightest disagreement or indifference as bigotry. Or dissect the most benign things as "problematic". I find they alienate decent, accepting people by constantly cramming their "activism" down everyone's pie-holes.

    Anyways, I have the day off and I supposed I'll play a match or two and see how often I'm face-camped.


    Side Thought: Am I the ONLY person who assumed Nea is a lesbian? Everyone I play with (and most of them aren't gay) just assumed that. She has that lesbian-chic style going on about her lol.

  • I dont care which killer/survivor is LGBT, i will be camped and tunneled anyway

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1992102#Comment_1992102

    Well if the Devs have stated that, than case closed. People can whine into the void until they tucker themselves out. I think how this stuff is treated online is breeding toxicity and resentment on all sides.

    Most people in the western world couldn't care less about people being gay. In the world of video games however, there will always be a loud group of tossers who have problems with anything outside of their basements. These are the same lot that give women a hard time in online Co-ops (I have a female friend who plays and she gets treated pretty crap a lot). There is no changing them, and they will always be there.

    On the flipside, there are groups of militant, intolerant Rainbow warriors who find ways to take issue with just about everything. They treat the slightest disagreement or indifference as bigotry. Or dissect the most benign things as "problematic". I find they alienate decent, accepting people by constantly cramming their "activism" down everyone's pie-holes.

    Anyways, I have the day off and I supposed I'll play a match or two and see how often I'm face-camped.

    Side Thought: Am I the ONLY person who assumed Nea is a lesbian? Everyone I play with (and most of them aren't gay) just assumed that. She has that lesbian-chic style going on about her lol.

    Fully agreed.


    and about Nea: many people wondered how the friend mentioned in her tome lore wasn’t her girlfriend and that would have been an easy and not unexpected way to include it. I guess she was just not created with it directly in mind and the devs didn’t want add it just to please the crowd but they wanted to stay true to their creations. She doesn’t have any sexual relationship confirmed btw, so everything is open in her case

  • @Venzhas said:

    I dont care which killer/survivor is LGBT, i will be camped and tunneled anyway

    Campers and tunnelers are the most inclusive people of them all.

  • I, as a gay man myself, don't understand why people screaming about wanting a LGBT character.

    I'm more than sick and tired of games that release a ######### up character that feel forced because they are trying to be inclusive and diverse.

  • After reading this entire thread, I have came to a few conclusions. First of all - representation is important, it allows people to feel a sense of belonging and see themselves in their favourite games/TV shows/movies/etc. You may not need it, but a lot of people do so let them have it. LGBTQ+ people just want to be represented in the same way that cisgender straight people are. Someone made a great analogy as to why representation is needed earlier in the thread and if anyone does not understand why it is needed, they should read it:

    @GamerCustard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/230892/lgbtq

    Hmm..

    I don't know If this will help, but I have a bad analogy for you. If you read this post that is. Obviously this is nothing like sexuality, but please see it from a whole rep standpoint? If I write it well enough..

    I have a very obscure, or unused name. I've not really met people with my name, except from secondhand stories about where I got it from.

    So, I can never find my name on the little name plaques and badge stands they have at the $2 store - if you know the ones I'm talking about? And while it may not impact me too much, and other people may not care, I would still get a feeling of joy if I finally saw one, I wouldn't forget it.

    Everyone else says that it's not necessary, it's just a nametag, no one is called that anyway.. but their names are up there, they'd be able to find theirs if they looked, so they don't know the even just slight disappointment felt when my name can't be found.

    Then one day, I browse a store and it has one of those stands. Even though I know it won't be there I spin it around looking at names - and there it Is! My name! It wasn't made specifically for me, but I now feel happy, because my name is no longer odd; I might not see it again for a while but seeing it brings me joy, because I've finally found what fits me, I can finally relate to having my name on one of those little plaques.

    Does it affect much? No. Does anyone else care that it's there? No. But I will remember it as the place that finally had my name amongst all the other names there. It's an option for me.

    If that makes sense.. it's half baked.. and I'm bad with words. I'm sorry it took so much up, but my point is.. - and obviously the two aren't comparable because identity is much much more than a birth name, but what I'm tryna say I guess?

    Is some people don't notice, or don't think it's necessary to add it, but when they've been included all their life it's hard to relate to those who haven't.. an LGBTQIA+ character in dbd isn't going to affect the game gameplay wise, but it brings joy and a feeling of relation to some people who are. And i think making people feel included is a very important thing..

    It's not like it's being made a big deal - as in, the characters sexual orientation and gender identity isn't changing anything - so just because you don't notice it and think it's necessary, doesn't mean others will too.

    Sorry, this went longer than intended -_-"

    Secondly, it is a problematic mindset to only say "I don't want this", "I don't care about this" or "don't force it" whenever the LGBTQ+ community is brought up. This is because no one ever complains when a cishet character is present in a game. It is very important to understand that you can be prejudiced without realising - if you don't care about a character's sexuality, don't comment on it, don't say that we don't need it unless you're also going to make threads and posts complaining about the presence of cishet characters because then it seems like you care more about the exclusion of LGBTQ+ characters than presence of any sexualities/genders in the game. Moreover, if you do not care about a LGBTQ+ character being added to the game, why do you feel the need to comment on it? If you don't care, just move on please, this discussion is not for you and may just present you in a negative light when that was not your intention.

    Finally, if you do care about the presence of LGBTQ+ characters in the game but not cisgender straight individuals then that is just you being prejudiced.

    I'd like to point out that this is not directed towards anyone in particular, it is just the conclusions I have came to and my thoughts and feelings on this after reading the entire thread.

  • @YuisPinkBob said:

    After reading this entire thread, I have came to a few conclusions. First of all - representation is important, it allows people to feel a sense of belonging and see themselves in their favourite games/TV shows/movies/etc. You may not need it, but a lot of people do so let them have it. LGBTQ+ people just want to be represented in the same way that cisgender straight people are. Someone made a great analogy as to why representation is needed earlier in the thread and if anyone does not understand why it is needed, they should read it:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1989519#Comment_1989519

    Secondly, it is a problematic mindset to only say "I don't want this", "I don't care about this" or "don't force it" whenever the LGBTQ+ community is brought up. This is because no one ever complains when a cishet character is present in a game. It is very important to understand that you can be prejudiced without realising - if you don't care about a character's sexuality, don't comment on it, don't say that we don't need it unless you're also going to make threads and posts complaining about the presence of cishet characters because then it seems like you care more about the exclusion of LGBTQ+ characters than presence of any sexualities/genders in the game. Moreover, if you do not care about a LGBTQ+ character being added to the game, why do you feel the need to comment on it? If you don't care, just move on please, this discussion is not for you and may just present you in a negative light when that was not your intention.

    Finally, if you do care about the presence of LGBTQ+ characters in the game but not cisgender straight individuals then that is just you being prejudiced.

    I'd like to point out that this is not directed towards anyone in particular, it is just the conclusions I have came to and my thoughts and feelings on this after reading the entire thread.

    Great summary, great read! Thank you for that

  • @Zanely89 said:

    I, as a gay man myself, don't understand why people screaming about wanting a LGBT character.

    I'm more than sick and tired of games that release a ######### up character that feel forced because they are trying to be inclusive and diverse.

    No one is screaming here.

    the devs want to add LGBTQ+ representation and that’s it.

    the screaming is coming from the people against it.

  • No problem! :) I was sitting reading through the thread and was just constantly thinking "how do people still not get this after multiple people (namely you, @GamerCustard and @Orion) clearly explained it to them" so I decided to make an overall summary about it and try my best to explain. Plus it's a very important topic so I feel that it was necessary to discuss its need and the prejudice linked to it.

  • I feel like this thread has reached its course, I appreciate you all for having a (mostly) mature discussion, I hope everyone managed to understand - at least partially - different points of view and learnt something from this.

1 2 3 4 ›