Behaviour was basically harassed into making an LGBTQIA+ chapter

NOTE: I am in no way homophobic, transphobic, etc. I am simply being vocal concerning Behaviour and being inclusive.

Although I think its great that the devs are incorporating a chapter with some LGBTQIA+ lore, I can't help but think that they were pressured by some of the community, and I feel like this should be said: It is not their job to be diverse in a survival horror game. The game is about killing and surviving, not about social inclusiveness. I find it so hard to believe that people in this community really think that its the devs job to be inclusive, when it really isn't. Again, I am not trying to come off as non-progressive, I just want people to understand that its not cool to pressure the team to do something that you want, especially when its not in any way shape or form related to the gameplay and health of the game.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977316#Comment_1977316

    Obviously it's not confirmed.Some people just think it could be the case and now we've seen a TON of people trying to explain how this wouldn't be a good thing for whatever reason

    Ya, I was being facetious. I just can't help but roll my eyes at everyone losing their minds over speculation.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977321#Comment_1977321

    Ya, I was being facetious. I just can't help but roll my eyes at everyone losing their minds over speculation.

    At this point it's not even because of a speculation but the topic LGBT+ itself.

    Whenever this topic was mentioned in the forum you've seen a TON of arguing about it

  • I don't care what it is or who it is I just hope there good perks and gameplay and bring less bug with this chapter.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    I don't care what it is or who it is I just hope there good perks and gameplay and bring less bug with this chapter.

    and bring less bug with this chapter.

    I would be shocked if that would be the case lol

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977328#Comment_1977328

    At this point it's not even because of a speculation but the topic LGBT+ itself.

    Whenever this topic was mentioned in the forum you've seen a TON of arguing about it

    The least they could do is wait until something is confirmed. In the very least they'd be complaining about something that is actually in the game. And then they could still just mind their own business. A person in a video game that isn't like them isn't going to suddenly ruin their lives, and if their life is ruined by a character in a game that is different from them, they have a pretty fragile and pathetic life.

  • Of course they were. It's all those types do is harass and bully companies into it instead of letting creators do what they want to do.

  • @JimboMason said:

    NOTE: I am in no way homophobic, transphobic, etc. I am simply being vocal concerning Behaviour and being inclusive.

    Although I think its great that the devs are incorporating a chapter with some LGBTQIA+ lore, I can't help but think that they were pressured by some of the community, and I feel like this should be said: It is not their job to be diverse in a survival horror game. The game is about killing and surviving, not about social inclusiveness. I find it so hard to believe that people in this community really think that its the devs job to be inclusive, when it really isn't. Again, I am not trying to come off as non-progressive, I just want people to understand that its not cool to pressure the team to do something that you want, especially when its not in any way shape or form related to the gameplay and health of the game.

    'I'm not homophobic but...' is NOT going to convince us of anything other than the fact that you're homophobic


    We also always knew they intended to bring in/reveal LGBTQ characters...in fact, as has been posted previously, they've very publicly had conversations about this and visibly not been harrassed.


    Also while it looks as if it's likely with this chapter, we simply don't know yet.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977333#Comment_1977333

    The least they could do is wait until something is confirmed. In the very least they'd be complaining about something that is actually in the game. And then they could still just mind their own business. A person in a video game that isn't like them isn't going to suddenly ruin their lives, and if their life is ruined by a character in a game that is different from them, they have a pretty fragile and pathetic life.

    A person in a video game that isn't like them isn't going to suddenly ruin their lives

    Obviously, but quite a few people here are acting like it does.

  • @Hopesfall said:

    I identify as a space marine, put me in the horror game coach

    jesus the pandering in every facet of society is exhausting.. play your video games, quit whining if not every aspect of your life is "represented"

    And yet pandering to fans of:

    -Halloween

    -Leatherface

    -Ghostface

    -A Nightmare On Elm Street

    -Saw

    -Stranger Things

    -Silent Hill

    Is perfectly okay? But pandering to LGBTQ+ isn't?

    What about the straight relationships confirmed? Why is okay that they're in the game yet nothing LGBTQ+ is? Why is it only an issue if its LGBTQ+?

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977343#Comment_1977343

    A person in a video game that isn't like them isn't going to suddenly ruin their lives

    Obviously, but quite a few people here are acting like it does.

    They dumb.

  • Hard to believe since gen speed is still an issue for both sides.

  • It literally isn't that deep. I'm not super invested in lore, so idk if they've specified the straightness of any character specifically, but if (like someone else said) there's a brief mention of 'bob's boyfriend', it's the same as confirming straightness and it really doesn't matter. Cool, inclusion. Yeah, sexuality doesn't really matter in the game, but if talking about a hetero relationship/cis state of being, no matter how brief, for any character gets no side eyes, it's only fair that anything else is treated thge same. Keep playing as normal. Like sure, I would get some people's irritation if they made the new survivor's powers obnoxiously centered around lgbt+ stuff, but I highly doubt that'll happen and some of y'all are making a deal out of literally nothing.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'm going to find it funny when the chapter is revealed and there's not a single LGBTQI+ character lul. Remember BHVR hasn't confirmed anything, you guys are speculating.

    At this point it's less speculating the chapter and more exposing the double standards + people's genuine homophobic behaviour haha

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977315#Comment_1977315

    And yet pandering to fans of:

    -Halloween

    -Leatherface

    -Ghostface

    -A Nightmare On Elm Street

    -Saw

    -Stranger Things

    -Silent Hill

    Is perfectly okay? But pandering to LGBTQ+ isn't?

    What about the straight relationships confirmed? Why is okay that they're in the game yet nothing LGBTQ+ is? Why is it only an issue if its LGBTQ+?

    That's not pandering to the fans, it's licensing big name horror movie villains/characters to get people to buy their DLC. It's a horror themed game. ๐Ÿ™„

  • What's so bad about being inclusive? Some people are LGBTQ+, we were bound to have someone eventually. I don't see why it's such a big deal, they're just a person. If it makes anyone uncomfortable, I'm sorry but the problem is you, not BHVR. Maybe you should take a long look in the mirror. And imagine if there was nobody like you in this game, and suddenly there was a hope of having a character you could relate to and see yourself in, how it would make you feel to have people tell you that you're only in it to fill a quota and that you don't belong. How dare you. Shame on you.

  • @Khar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977354#Comment_1977354

    That's not pandering to the fans, it's licensing big name horror movie villains/characters to get people to buy their DLC. It's a horror themed game. ๐Ÿ™„

    1) Stranger Things is technically sci-fi not horror

    2) Yes, that's still pandering

    3) Correct it's a horror game! I expect to see you lobbying for the removal of all the other relationships in the game too, alongside anything that may be considered not horror themed. Bunny Feng or Dwelf? Out the window. Mr Puddles can kiss his arse goodbye, too.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977315#Comment_1977315

    And yet pandering to fans of:

    -Halloween

    -Leatherface

    -Ghostface

    -A Nightmare On Elm Street

    -Saw

    -Stranger Things

    -Silent Hill

    Is perfectly okay? But pandering to LGBTQ+ isn't?

    What about the straight relationships confirmed? Why is okay that they're in the game yet nothing LGBTQ+ is? Why is it only an issue if its LGBTQ+?

    straight relationships confirmed shouldn't have been put in I'm bi/gay and I don't care if there LGBTQ+ character or LGBTQ+relationships

    I use david few others there a lot gay fandom,I don't care about the straight relationships confirmed because just because they were straight then they may not be straight now people switch a lot of the time(Sexuality big gray area).

    they should just had something about nea in her lore when she was in the rift.

    nothing been confirmed yet there already to many threads about nothing.

  • @JimboMason said:

    NOTE: I am in no way homophobic, transphobic, etc. I am simply being vocal concerning Behaviour and being inclusive.

    Although I think its great that the devs are incorporating a chapter with some LGBTQIA+ lore, I can't help but think that they were pressured by some of the community, and I feel like this should be said: It is not their job to be diverse in a survival horror game. The game is about killing and surviving, not about social inclusiveness. I find it so hard to believe that people in this community really think that its the devs job to be inclusive, when it really isn't. Again, I am not trying to come off as non-progressive, I just want people to understand that its not cool to pressure the team to do something that you want, especially when its not in any way shape or form related to the gameplay and health of the game.

    I agree with you - Community (Part of it) kept demanding representation and imo it's going to lead to something distasteful eventually unless the community just backs off and lets BHVR do their thing.

  • @Dustin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/230604/behaviour-was-basically-harassed-into-making-an-lgbtqia-chapter

    I agree with you - Community (Part of it) kept demanding representation and imo it's going to lead to something distasteful eventually unless the community just backs off and lets BHVR do their thing.

    Honestly,the only distasteful thing i see so far are the opinions of some people here about adding a LGBT+ character to this game

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977432#Comment_1977432

    Honestly,the only distasteful thing i see so far are the opinions of some people here about adding a LGBT+ character to this game

    No one wants a forced / rushed chapter with a token gay person. I even explain this in my other post from this thread.

    @Dustin said:

    The issue is always the same - it's a matter of how BHVR goes about it.

    I'm a gay man - Don't care if I admit this and don't care who knows - If you're offended get over it. My issue is if a big deal is made out of it. BHVR could just casually add a character and oh look they're conveniently gay that's cool. However let's say an event is made because look it's the first LGBQT character I'd have a problem with that because it gives unwanted and obnoxious attention to a topic and honestly comes off as distasteful. "Look we have our token gay character!" is essentially how it would look. Did they make a big deal when they add characters of color? I don't think so and I wouldn't want it to be the same with characters from the LGBQT scene. My issue with corporations "showing support" is it's usually marketing and that's it.

    What ever happens happens but that's my take on it and I'm pretty sure that's everyone else's take on it too. We don't care if there are LGBQT representing characters in the game it's just how BHVR goes about it.

    To tl;dr - Don't add representation in a distasteful way and don't make it a token character where being gay is the defining characteristic of the character.

    The only reason this is a concern is how stupid some of the community is getting over constantly demanding this. Otherwise this wouldn't be an issue at all.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977404#Comment_1977404

    1) Stranger Things is technically sci-fi not horror

    2) Yes, that's still pandering

    3) Correct it's a horror game! I expect to see you lobbying for the removal of all the other relationships in the game too, alongside anything that may be considered not horror themed. Bunny Feng or Dwelf? Out the window. Mr Puddles can kiss his arse goodbye, too.

    1. Who cares?
    2. No, it isn't.
    3. Bunny Feng and Dwelf can still be violently murdered by Mr. Puddles. ๐Ÿ™„
  • I feel like this is spiraling out of control. Gay or straight can we all just be friends again.

  • The funniest part of the OP is the "pressured by some of the community." The community can't even pressure them to fix bugs or balance the game. Do you think "some of the community" have unknown powers of the Devs!?

    Is this even going to be a LGBTQIA+ chapter? Based on the teasers!?

    The Point is, the Devs are literally going to do what they want to do regardless of community pressure. That is what makes this whole thread super trollish for me.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977404#Comment_1977404

    1) Stranger Things is technically sci-fi not horror

    2) Yes, that's still pandering

    3) Correct it's a horror game! I expect to see you lobbying for the removal of all the other relationships in the game too, alongside anything that may be considered not horror themed. Bunny Feng or Dwelf? Out the window. Mr Puddles can kiss his arse goodbye, too.

    really I be ok with the removal Bunny Feng/Dwelf and Mr Puddles they dumb and the most toxic people use them.

  • @Khar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977413#Comment_1977413

    1. Who cares?
    2. No, it isn't.
    3. Bunny Feng and Dwelf can still be violently murdered by Mr. Puddles. ๐Ÿ™„

    1) Clearly you, its a horror game! Therefore it should only include horror titles for fans of horror! Not sci-fi!

    2) Yes, it is.

    3) But they're not exactly horror are they?

  • I don't care either way, but ngl, social media is full of faux allies who obsess and then tantrum about anything that doesn't make it's focal point about who stuffs what into which genitals or who does or doesn't identify as this or that as if it's relevant while being put on meathooks...

  • @themirrortwin said:

    The funniest part of the OP is the "pressured by some of the community." The community can't even pressure them to fix bugs or balance the game. Do you think "some of the community" have unknown powers of the Devs!?

    Is this even going to be a LGBTQIA+ chapter? Based on the teasers!?

    The Point is, the Devs are literally going to do what they want to do regardless of community pressure. That is what makes this whole thread super trollish for me.

    Maybe the LGBTQIA+ kidnapped our poor Mathieu and forced BHVR this way ???? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977442#Comment_1977442

    1) Clearly you, its a horror game! Therefore it should only include horror titles for fans of horror! Not sci-fi!

    2) Yes, it is.

    3) But they're not exactly horror are they?

    1. You act like sci-fi can't be horror. Aliens is a good example. An other worldly creature violently kills or kidnaps people.
    2. I disagree, but whatever.
    3. Since when were funny outfits not allowed in horror? We've had several movies with killer clowns or people in goofy outfits being murdered.
  • @Khar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977449#Comment_1977449

    1. You act like sci-fi can't be horror. Aliens is a good example. An other worldly creature violently kills or kidnaps people.
    2. I disagree, but whatever.
    3. Since when were funny outfits not allowed in horror? We've had several movies with killer clowns or people in goofy outfits being murdered.

    Now take that last point and apply it to LGBTQ+ relationships. Since when have they been taboo? Why shouldn't they be included in the background lore of a character just because it's a horror game?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977465#Comment_1977465

    Now take that last point and apply it to LGBTQ+ relationships. Since when have they been taboo? Why shouldn't they be included in the background lore of a character just because it's a horror game?

    I don't remember making that assertion and I don't care about LGBTQ+ relationships being included in the background lore so long as it's not a result of LGBTQ+ harassing the devs to do so. There's enough of that ######### on the internet and it's NOT a good look for them.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni can you please stop with the galaxy mind? I'm starting to feel embarrassed upvoting every post you make ๐Ÿ’…

  • @Khar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977469#Comment_1977469

    I don't remember making that assertion and I don't care about LGBTQ+ relationships being included in the background lore so long as it's not a result of LGBTQ+ harassing the devs to do so. There's enough of that ######### on the internet and it's NOT a good look for them.

    It won't be a result of being harassed by the community.

    BHVR already stated themselfs that they want to be more inclusive with their character design and include LGBT+ in the future

  • @Jyn_Mojito said:

    @OniWantsYourMacaroni can you please stop with the galaxy mind? I'm starting to feel embarrassed upvoting every post you make ๐Ÿ’…

    โคโค

  • There is normalised and then there is what happened to the comic book industry.

    It's fine if it just happens and in this game it can. It's when it is forced, such as changing already established characters or making a gigantic spectacle of it to get retweets that it becomes dodgy.

    I don't care if it does or doesn't happen. i just can't stand when people start demanding it happen regardless of if it fits the theme or genre.

    TLOU2 is a good example. It is fine if they are the way that they are, but it was so forced it became cringe.

  • Bullied? Harassed?

    Definitely not! We have explained why, many times now and when an LGBTQIA character is added to the game - it will be done properly, putting something in for the sake of it, is not something we want to do.

    I'm closing this right here!

1 2 โ€บ