A response to those against adding LGBTQIA+

Yo, Community.

Those opposed to this representation in this game, geez, there are better, more pressing things to be obsessing on.

Do you know how large a part of this player base is LGBTIQ+? I guarantee that every single time you log into play this game, you are regularly being matched with other players from the LQBTIQ+ community. In some cases, probably almost every single match.

You’re in denial otherwise if this is not accepted.

ONE character providing representation of the LQBTIQ+ community from a roster of DOZENS doesn’t break the game, doesn’t change the rules, and isn’t going to corrupt you with its gay conversion laser beams through your screen.

Chill.

Or do you need to come out of the closet too?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • People don't want to sit down and ask themselves "Why would I automatically assume LGBT+ representation is forced? Why am I bothered by the mere idea of a non-straight, non-cis character in a game?"


    BHVR themselves have said they wanted to add proper LGBT+ rep into the game, so people theorizing and celebrating the possibility of the new character(s) being LGBT+ are hopeful posts putting BHVR to task.


    I will always be on the More Rep train (gay NB), so the posts railing against that are extremely disheartening. Still, it is good to know the Mods have been cleaning up a lot of the bigoted posts. They deserve better than to deal with that garbage.

  • Idk, there's nothing wrong with a gay or lesbian character in the game, people are just being weird.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    A survivor: *has strong emotions perfect for a food source*

    The Entity: Perfect.

    The survivor: Oh sorry I'm gay

    The Entity:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WTTGNYS1F6NR/image.png

    The fact that that doesn't say "gay day" makes me sad. It'd be the perfect double meaning.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978722#Comment_1978722

    The fact that that doesn't say "gay day" makes me sad. It'd be the perfect double meaning.

    Fixed :p

  • @TWiXT said:

    The forums won't let me "quote" my own edited comment on here, so... @TheClownIsKing I'm copy and pasting it:

    This was in response to your reply:

    "It may seem crass, but time and time again it’s proven (or they’re caught out) that the most vehemently opposed are closeted themselves.

    There may be exceptions, but they’re rare."

    And I finally edited my response to better respond to this as of 7:47pm GMT -

    No matter how often it's been proven right or wrong, making that assumption is an overall dick move. I know you are a good person (or at least... I believe this to be true), and I know you don't want this whole post to devolve into assumptions of your sexuality and angry rebuttals about how you're declaring:

    "I'm right, and anyone who doesn't agree with me is secretly gay"

    And I know you really just want everyone to focus on what's important:

    An LGBTQ+ represented character introduced in DbD is a good thing that shouldn't be bemoaned or combatted, and instead generally accepted or applauded!

    That last jab... doesn't achieve this, and instead antagonizes the readers into focusing on how you just called them out/said they're secretly gay with an errant assumption.

    I Like you dude, and while I'm not the best person in the world to try and act all noble about things regarding DbD debates, I'm sincerely trying to help you avoid mistakes in your wording.

    Be Positive about this subject, and don't resort to being antagonistic. That's what the ######### do... You're not an #########, so don't do yourself wrong by going down to their level.

    I'm sorry for repeating myself, but have faith that I'm only looking out for you here, and to see you being so vicious like I used to be... Just breaks my heart.

    Yeah I agree i fully agree with @TheClownIsKing on his points and I fully support diversity in DBD and the DBD community, but that last sentence is just a bit petty tbh. It's like saying 'I'm making my point and if you disagree you are wrong and hypocritical because you're gay yourself '. I'd edit that out personally and I agree its not meant badly but it comes across as petty and a bit ignorant. I know its not intended that way and @TWiXT he's a good guy who makes sound discussions etc

    I do hope LGBT+ gets the representation it deserves

  • @LethalPugy said:

    People are literally so pathetic that they can’t handle the idea, of a possible LGBT character in a video game. It’s not even confirmed.

    I don’t understand how there are SO many posts saying it’s bad for the game?

    ”It’ll be forced” Well. If they’re the only lgbt character you’re most likely gonna make that a part of their story.

    Would the people who say that’s forced say that the heterosexuality of nurse is forced. I mean she has a charm with her husband. So in that case how is that not forcing it but a gay character talking about being gay is?

    People ALSO need to relalise the game we’re playing. The entity feeds on strong emotions. And a LGBT person is likely to get bullied more.

    Also why would the entity suddenly decide not to take someone cause they’re not straight?

    The lore is roughly based on emotions or emotional topics.

    Dwight - He felt average and hated

    Meg - Caring of her dying mother

    Claudette - Anxiety and growing her confidence.

    Jake - Family issues.

    Wraith - Guilt

    Billy - Repression

    Pretty much all the characters have a central theme that conveys an emotion. So... what if the lgbt’s character was love, or loss.

    There isn’t an argument against it.

    ”Representation is forced” Not really. Look at all our POC characters. Claudettes story is not defined by race. It’s defined by HER.

    So to all the homophobes saying it doesn’t fit.

    Cope.

    Exactly this. Coming from a heterosexual, I don’t understand how bringing in an LGBT character is “bad for the game.” This world has this huge issue that tries to justify that being gay is bad when really sexuality has the same thing in common with gender and race - they were born with it and it doesn’t define anyone’s personality.

    I think bringing in a gay character is awesome because LGBT doesn’t get nearly as much recognition as it deserves. Anyone that is against this whole ordeal is part of the problem tbh.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    A survivor: *has strong emotions perfect for a food source*

    The Entity: Perfect.

    The survivor: Oh sorry I'm gay

    The Entity:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WTTGNYS1F6NR/image.png

    God, this made me laugh harder than it should have. I love it.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    A survivor: *has strong emotions perfect for a food source*

    The Entity: Perfect.

    The survivor: Oh sorry I'm gay

    The Entity:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WTTGNYS1F6NR/image.png

    The Entity also works for Blood donation clinics! #Confirmed!

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978722#Comment_1978722

    The Entity also works for Blood donation clinics! #Confirmed!

    I mean,Oni would be happy to help with that if you want it or not ;)

  • Depends what you do.

    If you make a gigantic song and dance about it and post everywhere that this character is X everyone cheer!... yeah you are pandering for clicks, likes and retweets.

    If it is just added like everyone else and we go on about our day then meh.

    They are making a new character with new law that is fine. IF they suddenly changed an existing character that is not fine, that is pandering.

    People are touchy about this subject because it has ruined things. if you want an example then look at the comic book industry. We have movies where established characters are being removed and replaced with X gender for the sake of diversity or some movement and they end up failing because of it. (Ghostbusters 2016)

    If anything bringing it up constantly like this is hurting it and making people annoyed. Just let it go and let the devs do what they want.

  • The issue is in most cases their sexuality becomes their dominant trait..its boring and it makes the company look like suck ups , that leads down a rather rocky road for everyone involved..now this isn't always the case, take apex legends, Gibraltar a giant Hawaiian looking dude is gay, in his lore they mentioned he had a bit and that was it, he wasn't flirting with the guys, he doesn't dress like the joker, he's just a cool dude who likes to help people..he feels real and not manufactured for a few brownie points

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978786#Comment_1978786

    I mean,Oni would be happy to help with that if you want it or not ;)

    Sorry Oni but I belong to Trapper and Daddy Dorito, I don't have room in my life for one more

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978786#Comment_1978786

    I mean,Oni would be happy to help with that if you want it or not ;)

    Although I am confident in his ability to locate a vein - I'm concerned with the amount of bruising he leaves... I'm also skeptical of his ascetic technique...

  • That's how some people act like when they try to "discuss" why the addition of a LGBT+ character is bad:

    https://youtu.be/6u8f6pE69k0


  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978790#Comment_1978790

    Although I am confident in his ability to locate a vein - I'm concerned with the amount of bruising he leaves... I'm also skeptical of his ascetic technique...

    I mean,he will be really good at collecting blood but we can't guarantuee anything beyond that D:

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    As long as they're not shooting rainbows out of their mouth, I really don't care.

    Just give a good backstory and perks that aren't worthless and it's a successful, decent survivor.

    I agree!

  • These forums are gonna continue being more entertaining than the game has been in recent months worth of updates lmfao

  • @Zozzy said:

    Depends what you do.

    If you make a gigantic song and dance about it and post everywhere that this character is X everyone cheer!... yeah you are pandering for clicks, likes and retweets.

    If it is just added like everyone else and we go on about our day then meh.

    They are making a new character with new law that is fine. IF they suddenly changed an existing character that is not fine, that is pandering.

    People are touchy about this subject because it has ruined things. if you want an example then look at the comic book industry. We have movies where established characters are being removed and replaced with X gender for the sake of diversity or some movement and they end up failing because of it. (Ghostbusters 2016)

    If anything bringing it up constantly like this is hurting it and making people annoyed. Just let it go and let the devs do what they want.

    LOL this is certainly a hot take.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    That's how some people act like when they try to "discuss" why the addition of a LGBT+ character is bad:

    https://youtu.be/6u8f6pE69k0

    This is so accurate it hurts.

  • As soemone who identifies as gay msyelf, I dont see the issue. I dont complain about all the straight characters in the game so why does it bother them that the LGBT get some representation in a sodding game?

  • Don't you know that a big portion of the dbd community is LGBT people?Why do straight characters have to be represented and gay people have to stay in the shadows?


    We are living in the future not the past.

  • Factually wrong. We are living in the present.

    giphy.gif


  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978334#Comment_1978334

    Never said you couldn’t state your opinion. But so can I.

    and your claim is not true. Almost everybody asks for not stereotypical representation. I think any representation is good, especially if it is diverse. So get me a flamboyant gay femboy. But also get me some normal dude that just happens to be gay. (I am using gay here as an example, can be expanded on anything LGBT+)

    just because there are stereotypes doesn’t mean every representation has be be strictly using or not using those stereotypes. People should restrict the writers that way, straight chars are not restricted to be non-stereotypical hetero as well

    As I said, we don't even know if all are straight... There is barely any relationship talk in the lore anyway so why should there be LGBTIQ+ lore if straight lore isnt there either like who cares?

  • My favourite part is when they claim not to be homophobic because their sisters boyfriend knows a girl who’s cousins friend has a gay hamster. Sure, Jan.

  • @Claudette_Baguette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978347#Comment_1978347

    As I said, we don't even know if all are straight... There is barely any relationship talk in the lore anyway so why should there be LGBTIQ+ lore if straight lore isnt there either like who cares?

    There is straight lore, though. The devs confirmed it and you can quite literally just read it. So why should non-straight lore be excluded? It feels forced to exclude non-straight lore.

  • This community is honestly even worse than I thought before

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979106#Comment_1979106

    There is straight lore, though. The devs confirmed it and you can quite literally just read it. So why should non-straight lore be excluded? It feels forced to exclude non-straight lore.

    "barely any" doesn't mean none.

  • @Claudette_Baguette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978347#Comment_1978347

    As I said, we don't even know if all are straight... There is barely any relationship talk in the lore anyway so why should there be LGBTIQ+ lore if straight lore isnt there either like who cares?

    Heterosexual relationships have been mentioned a lot in dbd lore but okay.

  • I agree with everything besides this:


    "We are living in the future not the past." This might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

  • "A lgbtiq+ character wouldn't fit"...

    image.png

    but this does yep sure

  • That doesn't answer my question, though. Why should non-straight lore be forcibly excluded? It feels forced to do that.

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    I agree with everything besides this:

    "We are living in the future not the past." This might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

    By "future" i ment we are just starting to move on from the homophobia and hate crime days.Yet these people still want the world to be stuck in the 19th century.

  • There’s no time to discuss. Do gens.

  • @Claudette_Baguette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978347#Comment_1978347

    As I said, we don't even know if all are straight... There is barely any relationship talk in the lore anyway so why should there be LGBTIQ+ lore if straight lore isnt there either like who cares?

    ‘if straight lore isn’t there either‘

    well it is. But even if it wasn’t, the devs have expanded the lore more and more, going deeper in normal backstories and tomes.

    relationships, self-identity etc were always something that couldn’t be excluded forever without it feeling forced.

  • And I don't remember anyone saying "A lgbtiq+ character wouldn't fit", I remember people saying that survivor character dressing like guys in gay parades would not fit well regardless whether he is a killer or not.

    Then you just haven't read enough comments.

  • I don't see any "homophobes" why is this such big topic in forum? Never before have I seen anyone caring whether someone gay or straight or anything but now so many posts saying same thing.

  • @Raja said:

    I don't see any "homophobes" why is this such big topic in forum? Never before have I seen anyone caring whether someone gay or straight or anything but now so many posts saying same thing.

    I don't see any "homophobes"

    The ones that are more explicit about it get banned. I see some have resorted to using dog whistles, though.

    why is this such big topic in forum?

    Because people want it. The same thing happened with licensed chapters.

    Never before have I seen anyone caring whether someone gay or straight or anything

    Really? I see them all the time, even though they usually say "I don't care".

  • @Raja said:

    I don't see any "homophobes" why is this such big topic in forum? Never before have I seen anyone caring whether someone gay or straight or anything but now so many posts saying same thing.

    Someone literally said LGBTQ+ characters were "yuck" to think about and there's "many thing wrong with [them]" so you clearly need to read ore comments.

  • If they do it properly, I don't think anyone would have issues with any character.

    The problem comes with the word "properly". There's no need to just throw a character in, state they're trans or gay, then do nothing with it. It needs to fit in with their backstory and lore. There are probably numerous ways to do this, I'm sure the horror genre is full of them, but it needs to stay consistent with the past releases.

    As an example, Normam Bates from Psycho. A bit old and dated, and probably has all kinds of issues people will rant about, but him dressing as his mother (transvestite) would be a good fit. Slasher flick, pretty well known (they had the show on Netflix), and iconic.

    I like the idea that the Killer and Survivor are the same person. This could easily be done if say the change in clothing, transitioning them from a Male look to a Female look (or the other way), causes their mental state to change from good to evil. Something along these lines would actually be a pretty cool thing to have. They could do it as an actual physical transformation too, rather than just a facade.

    There are many other ways this could be done well, but just throwing in a character and saying their gay is ridiculous and unhealthy. It needs to be a good story, with good background, and a reason. Not just some crap tossed into the game to appease a group of people. To me, that would be insulting to everyone.

  • this skin doesn't have any blood, what's your point

    image.png


  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979212#Comment_1979212

    Someone literally said LGBTQ+ characters were "yuck" to think about and there's "many thing wrong with [them]" so you clearly need to read ore comments.

    "yuck" sounds like they were joking it's a juvenile word to use so they were likely joking and I don't read all these posts why would I?

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    "A lgbtiq+ character wouldn't fit"...

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2HW745JOW4S3/image.png

    but this does yep sure

    Is this our very own Tinkie Winkie?

    @Raja said:

    I don't see any "homophobes" why is this such big topic in forum? Never before have I seen anyone caring whether someone gay or straight or anything but now so many posts saying same thing.

    I care. I want a gay character. There. Someone cares.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979212#Comment_1979212

    I don't see any "homophobes"

    The ones that are more explicit about it get banned. I see some have resorted to using dog whistles, though.

    why is this such big topic in forum?

    Because people want it. The same thing happened with licensed chapters.

    Never before have I seen anyone caring whether someone gay or straight or anything

    Really? I see them all the time, even though they usually say "I don't care".

    I have only seen this week and I used to spend time viewing these forums like a year ago and no mention of any of these things.

  • @Raja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979233#Comment_1979233

    "yuck" sounds like they were joking it's a juvenile word to use so they were likely joking and I don't read all these posts why would I?

    It seemed like they were joking until they later said we were all disgusting but go off honey xx

  • @Raja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979233#Comment_1979233

    "yuck" sounds like they were joking it's a juvenile word to use so they were likely joking and I don't read all these posts why would I?

    If you admittedly don't read all the posts, then why the hell are you commenting on something you ignore anyway?

  • Am I out of the loop about something happening?

  • I know there are people that care clearly since so many posts saying same thing. What I say is never before have I seen these posts and like other person say it happen with movie characters but again I didn't see that at least not as much as this where front page is just same posts with slightly different title and seemingly aggressive.

  • You clearly don't understand why brownie point chasing ends up with ######### results..if you can't understand that then idk what to tell you

1 … 3 4 5 6 7 … 13