A response to those against adding LGBTQIA+

Yo, Community.

Those opposed to this representation in this game, geez, there are better, more pressing things to be obsessing on.

Do you know how large a part of this player base is LGBTIQ+? I guarantee that every single time you log into play this game, you are regularly being matched with other players from the LQBTIQ+ community. In some cases, probably almost every single match.

You’re in denial otherwise if this is not accepted.

ONE character providing representation of the LQBTIQ+ community from a roster of DOZENS doesn’t break the game, doesn’t change the rules, and isn’t going to corrupt you with its gay conversion laser beams through your screen.

Chill.

Or do you need to come out of the closet too?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976547#Comment_1976547

    I am actually concerned it will. I'm completely on board for it. I just don't want that to be the only part of a charactor they focus on.

    It won’t. Really. There is no way they would do that.

    bugs and all aside, on that one you can really be sure

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976783#Comment_1976783

    It won’t. Really. There is no way they would do that.

    bugs and all aside, on that one you can really be sure

    Exactly. We don’t currently have characters exerting their “straightness” mid match.

    We don’t have Trapper before doing a Mori bend down and say “By the way, I’m hetero”.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976791#Comment_1976791

    Exactly. We don’t currently have characters exerting their “straightness” mid match.

    We don’t have Trapper before doing a Mori bend down and say “By the way, I’m hetero”.

    I'm sorry Trapper would definitely bend before a mori over to show off his ass to Pyramid Head 😔😏😳

  • Are people saying that none of the existing characters in the game are LGBT? People speculate about Nea but some of Ace's cosmetics are too on the nose.

  • @Seanzu said:

    The issue I have is that nobody has been complaining about Nurse having a husband, and all the other back stories that have straight relationships, but when it comes to anything "LGBTQIA+" it's always "DBD isn't the place for this etc".

    I think a lot of people are only just discovering that backstory though 😂 I've read parts of backstories but wasn't aware any has previously mentioned relationships.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Are people saying that none of the existing characters in the game are LGBT? People speculate about Nea but some of Ace's cosmetics are too on the nose.

    There are no confirmed/explicitly stated LGBT Chars but the devs have said that at least one existing char was created with it in mind! At that time they didn’t want to reveal anything about sexuality though. (Even though they still kinda did with Nurse who was married to a man)

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976761#Comment_1976761

    Which is why it will likely be mentioned in lore, and nothing more.

    We’re not about to get a survivor traversing the map in leather gear, riding a Mardi Gras Pride Parade Float

    We’re not about to get a survivor traversing the map in leather gear, riding a Mardi Gras Pride Parade Float

    Damn 😧

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Yo, Community.

    Those opposed to this representation in this game, geez, there are better, more pressing things to be obsessing your doughy little brains on.

    Do you know how large a part of this player base is LGBTIQ+? I guarantee that every single time you log into play this game, you are regularly being matched with other players from the LQBTIQ+ community. In some cases, probably almost every single match.

    You’re in denial otherwise if this is not accepted.

    ONE character providing representation of the LQBTIQ+ community from a roster of DOZENS doesn’t break the game, doesn’t change the rules, and isn’t going to corrupt you with its gay conversion laser beams through your screen.

    Chill.

    Or do you need to come out of the closet too?

    Dude I cant come out the closet! My head on hasn't charged!!!

  • @Nameless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976554#Comment_1976554

    Unless you're going to claim representation somehow makes it so that you'll no longer have to survive a merciless killer in DBD, that argument is fundamentally flawed.

    We have ascended, we actually just sandbag you with our superiority instead of being chased by the killer

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976791#Comment_1976791

    Exactly. We don’t currently have characters exerting their “straightness” mid match.

    We don’t have Trapper before doing a Mori bend down and say “By the way, I’m hetero”.

    Well he got the daddy issues to boot so he needs to let us know if he gay or not one of these days

  • You care about sexuality of pixels on a screen?

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976800#Comment_1976800

    Well he got the daddy issues to boot so he needs to let us know if he gay or not one of these days

    from the fanart ive seen he definitely is and im living (dying :p) for it

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976904#Comment_1976904

    from the fanart ive seen he definitely is and im living (dying :p) for it

    Hope he's not g4p

  • The issue is always the same - it's a matter of how BHVR goes about it.

    I'm a gay man - Don't care if I admit this and don't care who knows - If you're offended get over it. My issue is if a big deal is made out of it. BHVR could just casually add a character and oh look they're conveniently gay that's cool. However let's say an event is made because look it's the first LGBQT character I'd have a problem with that because it gives unwanted and obnoxious attention to a topic and honestly comes off as distasteful. "Look we have our token gay character!" is essentially how it would look. Did they make a big deal when they add characters of color? I don't think so and I wouldn't want it to be the same with characters from the LGBQT scene. My issue with corporations "showing support" is it's usually marketing and that's it.

    What ever happens happens but that's my take on it and I'm pretty sure that's everyone else's take on it too. We don't care if there are LGBQT representing characters in the game it's just how BHVR goes about it. Honestly though it shouldn't even matter in the first place because the game isn't about what people want to do in their free time it's about surviving and sacrificing. If BHVR wants to expand on character writing and backstories cool. Just be tasteful about it and we don't have an issue.

    To tl;dr - Don't add representation in a distasteful way and don't make it a token character where being gay is the defining characteristic of the character.

  • @Raja said:

    You care about sexuality of pixels on a screen?

    Yes there are people that care about fictional characters. Be it in Videogames, Movies, Series, books or other media.

    and where is the problem in that?

  • I am gay and couldn't care less about a LGBTQI+ survivor.... Like who cares honestly they are fictional characters in a "horror" game and all of them are reskins anyway.

    And who says some survivor characters aren't queer already? Who knows that dwight didn't have a boyfriend once? Maybe nea is into girls?

    Like who gives a damn about that... The lore of this game is boring and nobody ever reads the archive log entries or other stuff anyway...

    TBH I hate how goofy some outfits have become in the past, DBD lost it's horror theme a long while ago (elf dwight, box dwight, the onesies, weird santa claudette, onesie deathslings, cumogorgon, etc.). If they add like a drag queen or someone else to the game it would just be the nail to the coffin, that's Dead by Daylight and not an episode of rupauls drag race. Don't get me wrong I do some drag as well sometimes for fun but that not supposed to be in DBD. It's glamourous, sparkly and fun, like the complete opposite of horror but whatever... Goofy stuff over horror I guess, we can't take this game seriously anymore anyway.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976911#Comment_1976911

    Yes there are people that care about fictional characters. Be it in Videogames, Movies, Series, books or other media.

    and where is the problem in that?

    Where is the problem in my asking?

  • @Claudette_Baguette said:

    I am gay and couldn't care less about a LGBTQI+ survivor.... Like who cares honestly they are fictional characters with reskins in a "horror" game.

    And who says some survivor characters aren't queer already? Who knows that dwight didn't have a boyfriend once? Maybe nea is into girls?

    Like who gives a damn about that... The lore of this game is boring anyway and nobody ever reads the archive log entries or other stuff anyway...

    TBH I hate how goofy some outfits have become in the past, DBD lost it's horror theme a long while ago (elf dwight, box dwight, the onesies, weird santa claudette, onesie deathslings, cumogorgon, etc.). If they add like a drag queen or someone else to the game it would just be the nail to the coffin, that's Dead by Daylight and not an episode of rupauls drag race. Don't get me wrong I do some drag as well sometimes for fun but that not supposed to be in DBD. It's like the complete opposite of horror but whatever... Goofy stuff over horror I guess, we can't take this game seriously anymore anyway.

    Nea isn't into girls. Nea isn't into anyone. Nea exists to end all human life. The Entity targets Nea because the Entity fears her. Nea is the end game.

  • no problem at all for me. But the fact you actually had asked even though you knew the answer (because the whole thread was already about that topic) just implied to me that there was a problem with it.

    But then again.. you didn’t even answer my question but asked a counter question,.

  • @Claudette_Baguette said:

    I am gay and couldn't care less about a LGBTQI+ survivor.... Like who cares honestly they are fictional characters with reskins in a "horror" game.

    And who says some survivor characters aren't queer already? Who knows that dwight didn't have a boyfriend once? Maybe nea is into girls?

    Like who gives a damn about that... The lore of this game is boring anyway and nobody ever reads the archive log entries or other stuff anyway...

    TBH I hate how goofy some outfits have become in the past, DBD lost it's horror theme a long while ago (elf dwight, box dwight, the onesies, weird santa claudette, onesie deathslings, cumogorgon, etc.). If they add like a drag queen or someone else to the game it would just be the nail to the coffin, that's Dead by Daylight and not an episode of rupauls drag race. Don't get me wrong I do some drag as well sometimes for fun but that not supposed to be in DBD. It's like the complete opposite of horror but whatever... Goofy stuff over horror I guess, we can't take this game seriously anymore anyway.

    Who cares so much about what other people care about though?

    LGBT addition shouldn’t affect you in any way or form if you actually don’t care. And just by adding LGBT chars they don’t automatically add more goofy cosmetics like Dwelf etc. those are in the game already and that had nothing to do with LGBT inclusion.

    also LGBT inclusion isn’t goofy at all.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976934#Comment_1976934

    no problem at all for me. But the fact you actually had asked even though you knew the answer (because the whole thread was already about that topic) just implied to me that there was a problem with it.

    But then again.. you didn’t even answer my question but asked a counter question,.

    What answer? All I ask is if op care about sexuality of pixels on screen.

  • @Raja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976946#Comment_1976946

    What answer? All I ask is if op care about sexuality of pixels on screen.

    I don't think they were talking to you.

  • Honestly i dont care running an LGBT character in this game

    I will be tunneled no matter what

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976554#Comment_1976554

    Or... to work cooperatively, differences need to be put aside.

    The attitude should be “I know, and it doesn’t matter. We have a goal to work towards.”

    Like this reply, yours didn't actually add anything to the conversation besides literally repeating what the one poster said but wording it differently to go with your agenda rofl.


    It's a horror game, you don't got time to be thinking about who your next hookup is, it's run or die time baby!

  • @Claudette_Baguette said:

    I am gay and couldn't care less about a LGBTQI+ survivor.... Like who cares honestly they are fictional characters with reskins in a "horror" game.

    And who says some survivor characters aren't queer already? Who knows that dwight didn't have a boyfriend once? Maybe nea is into girls?

    Like who gives a damn about that... The lore of this game is boring anyway and nobody ever reads the archive log entries or other stuff anyway...

    TBH I hate how goofy some outfits have become in the past, DBD lost it's horror theme a long while ago (elf dwight, box dwight, the onesies, weird santa claudette, onesie deathslings, cumogorgon, etc.). If they add like a drag queen or someone else to the game it would just be the nail to the coffin, that's Dead by Daylight and not an episode of rupauls drag race. Don't get me wrong I do some drag as well sometimes for fun but that not supposed to be in DBD. It's like the complete opposite of horror but whatever... Goofy stuff over horror I guess, we can't take this game seriously anymore anyway.

    People be here acting like these are complex characters like Niko Bellic when really they are like gta online character, just a blank piece of paper at least to me since I miss every tome since two and even when tome 1 released I didn't read the added stories.

  • @Raja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976946#Comment_1976946

    What answer? All I ask is if op care about sexuality of pixels on screen.

    I gave you an answer, not directly from OPs point of view but general.

    and I asked you if there was a problem with it.

    may I ask why you wanted to know if OP cared about it? Because it was already clear that OP cared at least a little bit otherwise they wouldn’t have created this thread.

  • @Pulvoriser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976565#Comment_1976565

    Like this reply, yours didn't actually add anything to the conversation besides literally repeating what the one poster said but wording it differently to go with your agenda rofl.

    It's a horror game, you don't got time to be thinking about who your next hookup is, it's run or die time baby!

    What agenda?

  • @Pulvoriser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976565#Comment_1976565

    Like this reply, yours didn't actually add anything to the conversation besides literally repeating what the one poster said but wording it differently to go with your agenda rofl.

    It's a horror game, you don't got time to be thinking about who your next hookup is, it's run or die time baby!

    Doesn’t matter, straight relationships are already featured. And LGBT will be too.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976957#Comment_1976957

    I gave you an answer, not directly from OPs point of view but general.

    and I asked you if there was a problem with it.

    may I ask why you wanted to know if OP cared about it? Because it was already clear that OP cared at least a little bit otherwise they wouldn’t have created this thread.

    It was not meant to get an answer. I find it peculiar people are this invested in characters with depth of puddle like gta online character.

  • @Raja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976977#Comment_1976977

    It was not meant to get an answer. I find it peculiar people are this invested in characters with depth of puddle like gta online character.

    You already said you don't read the lore, so it's no wonder you think the characters aren't deep. Unless you mean that their personalities aren't expressed during gameplay (which is still somewhat wrong, due to their teachables, but whatever).

  • @Raja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976977#Comment_1976977

    It was not meant to get an answer. I find it peculiar people are this invested in characters with depth of puddle like gta online character.

    yeah, I know it was a rhetorical question,

    but I was right with my assumption that you kind of have a problem with it.


    people care, those characters are also more than blank slates, they have all kind of backstory and traits. You don’t have to care about it. No one forced you to read about the lore in-game or even participate in this thread. You can ignore it. LGBT inclusion will literally not affect you in any way if you don’t want it to.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Yo, Community.

    Those opposed to this representation in this game, geez, there are better, more pressing things to be obsessing your doughy little brains on.

    Do you know how large a part of this player base is LGBTIQ+? I guarantee that every single time you log into play this game, you are regularly being matched with other players from the LQBTIQ+ community. In some cases, probably almost every single match.

    You’re in denial otherwise if this is not accepted.

    ONE character providing representation of the LQBTIQ+ community from a roster of DOZENS doesn’t break the game, doesn’t change the rules, and isn’t going to corrupt you with its gay conversion laser beams through your screen.

    Chill.

    Or do you need to come out of the closet too?

    You're right on the money here, except for the last bit. TBH back when I was a teen, I was heavily biased, but life (mostly college) really made me realize that it doesn't matter who you love or are attracted to, because that is

    1. Nobody else's business since knowing doesn't harm them or anyone, and...
    2. Doesn't change who a person is. If they're an #########, then being any part of LGBTQ+ isn't gonna change that, but the same goes for if they're a good and honest person that you can call friend or even Brother/Sister. No matter what, they are human and deserve the same respect and courtesy anyone gives their fellow human.

    Honestly, who cares if the next survivor or even killer is LGBTQ+? They'll still be the person you count on to have your back and unhook you, heal you, do the gens, open the gates, or camp, tunnel, Slug, and/or provide decent opposition to you. In all honesty, It doesn't matter who the character is since we'll all be playing them regardless of our own personal sexual preferences, so that "kinda" defeats the purpose... but at the same time it simply doesn't matter, since we don't and shouldn't care.

    Bottom line is, It's nothing to complain about much less get up in arms over. For those who do however, I hope you can accept this character as another digital human being and at least agree to just tolerate it if not accepting it, whether you end up enjoying it or not.


    Personal note for @TheClownIsKing :

    That last bit was crazy antagonistic dude... Jabbing at the reason people might be LGBTQ + phobic by assuming they might be "in the closet themselves" and can't admit to it is a real crass, tasteless, and early 2000's era dick move. I'm saying that there're many reasons for people to be LGBTQ+ Phobic that aren't necessarily good or justifiable ones for sure, but that jab in particular makes the rather pejorative assumption that "anyone who is opposed to LGBTQ+ is themselves actually LGBTQ+ and trying to fight it", and that's a really awful way to end the post. You might want to edit that out.

  • @Raja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976977#Comment_1976977

    It was not meant to get an answer. I find it peculiar people are this invested in characters with depth of puddle like gta online character.

    Ok. Seeing as you’re persisting, here’s my take.

    It’s not so much about actually caring very strongly about an in game characters sexuality while actually playing the game. Especially when that makes absolutely no difference to the gameplay.

    It’s more about the implication that LGBTIQ+ people are being reminded that they’re not included. Which can also feel like “you’re not welcome”.

    Could you imagine if every character in DBD were white? Even though the characters race has absolutely no baring on gameplay, there would be uproar if the response to “Why are there no black (or other) people in DBD?!” was “Why should it matter? It’s just a video game”

    Some LGBTIQ+ people still have a damn hard life. ANY role models, even a thin bare one in a game like DBD is better than NO role model at all.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976990#Comment_1976990

    Ok. Seeing as you’re persisting, here’s my take.

    It’s not so much about actually caring very strongly about an in game characters sexuality while actually playing the game. Especially when that makes absolutely no difference to the gameplay.

    It’s more about the implication that LGBTIQ+ people are being reminded that they’re not included. Which can also feel like “you’re not welcome”.

    Could you imagine if every character in DBD were white? Even though the characters race has absolutely no baring on gameplay, there would be uproar if the response to “Why are there no black (or other) people in DBD?!” was “Why should it matter? It’s just a video game”

    Some LGBTIQ+ people still have a damn hard life. ANY role models, even a thin bare one in a game like DBD is better than NO role model at all.

    It sucks but the race of the character I'm playing or any minority group they could be in can affect the outcome of the match.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976990#Comment_1976990

    yeah, I know it was a rhetorical question,

    but I was right with my assumption that you kind of have a problem with it.

    people care, those characters are also more than blank slates, they have all kind of backstory and traits. You don’t have to care about it. No one forced you to read about the lore in-game or even participate in this thread. You can ignore it. LGBT inclusion will literally not affect you in any way if you don’t want it to.

    Yes of course if I find it strange for someone to care about the non existent things video game characters get up to it means I have "problem"

  • @TWiXT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/230556/the-lgbtiq-thing

    You're right on the money here, except for the last bit. TBH back when I was a teen, I was heavily biased, but life (mostly college) really made me realize that it doesn't matter who you love or are attracted to, because that is

    1. Nobody else's business since knowing doesn't harm them or anyone, and...
    2. Doesn't change who a person is. If they're an #########, then being any part of LGBTQ+ isn't gonna change that, but the same goes for if they're a good and honest person that you can call friend or even Brother/Sister. No matter what, they are human and deserve the same respect and courtesy anyone gives their fellow human.

    Honestly, who cares if the next survivor or even killer is LGBTQ+? They'll still be the person you count on to have your back and unhook you, heal you, do the gens, open the gates, or camp, tunnel, Slug, and/or provide decent opposition to you. In all honesty, It doesn't matter who the character is since we'll all be playing them regardless of our own personal sexual preferences, so that "kinda" defeats the purpose... but at the same time it simply doesn't matter, since we don't and shouldn't care.

    Bottom line is, It's nothing to complain about much less get up in arms over. For those who do however, I hope you can accept this character as another digital human being and at least agree to just tolerate it if not accepting it, whether you end up enjoying it or not.

    Personal note for @TheClownIsKing :

    That last bit was crazy antagonistic dude... Jabbing at the reason people might be LGBTQ + phobic by assuming they might be "in the closet themselves" and can't admit to it is a real crass, tasteless, and early 2000's era dick move. I'm saying that there're many reasons for people to be LGBTQ+ Phobic that aren't necessarily good or justifiable ones for sure, but that jab in particular makes the rather pejorative assumption that "anyone who is opposed to LGBTQ+ is themselves actually LGBTQ+ and trying to fight it", and that's a really awful way to end the post. You might want to edit that out.

    It may seem crass, but time and time again it’s proven (or they’re caught out) that the most vehemently opposed are closeted themselves.

    There may be exceptions, but they’re rare.

  • @Raja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976998#Comment_1976998

    Yes of course if I find it strange for someone to care about the non existent things video game characters get up to it means I have "problem"

    It's no different from people caring about, say, Harry Potter. Maybe fiction and stories are just not your thing. Some people prefer games that are "all action" and no lore.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Yo, Community.

    Those opposed to this representation in this game, geez, there are better, more pressing things to be obsessing your doughy little brains on.

    Do you know how large a part of this player base is LGBTIQ+? I guarantee that every single time you log into play this game, you are regularly being matched with other players from the LQBTIQ+ community. In some cases, probably almost every single match.

    You’re in denial otherwise if this is not accepted.

    ONE character providing representation of the LQBTIQ+ community from a roster of DOZENS doesn’t break the game, doesn’t change the rules, and isn’t going to corrupt you with its gay conversion laser beams through your screen.

    Chill.

    Or do you need to come out of the closet too?

    For me, its that i don't think they will do it well based on how people are asking for it.


    The reality of the situation, is that this is a game where the lore is about an evil entity (godlike being) kidnapping people and torturing them over and over again. Sexual orientation doesn't really play into that. And other than a handful of characters that are explicitly stated to be so where it talks about a man having a wife or vice versa, we don't actually know the status of most of the other characters in the game. The fact of the matter is, we might already have an LGBT character but just not know it because the lore doesn't explicitly call it out.


    The fact that everyone just ASSUMES that we don't have an LGBT character because it isn't explicitly called out is literally problematic. You are ASSUMING the default status of everyone unless otherwise stated is straight. My worry is that when they finally do make an LGBT character (or announce a current one as being so) in a way that the "progressive" people are going to want, it is going to be some ridiculous hyperbolic version of that character where for no reason other than pandering they have to broadcast like a beacon their sexual orientation. Rather than it just being one part of the character, it is going to become the ONLY part of the character.


    People are a not a singular thing, they are a large cross section of many different things all combined together to create a unique individual that is not like anyone else in the world.

  • @Raja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976998#Comment_1976998

    Yes of course if I find it strange for someone to care about the non existent things video game characters get up to it means I have "problem"

    I mean, you are the one caring about what other people care about even if it is not any of your business. Isn’t that strange as well?

    those people don’t hurt you or affect you. You don’t need to understand them. Who are you to just join a conversation/discussion and question people like that? They care about it. You know they care about it. What’s the matter with that? (I explicitly didn’t use the word ‚problem‘ so you don’t have to focus on that any more)

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/230556/the-lgbtiq-thing

    For me, its that i don't think they will do it well based on how people are asking for it.

    The reality of the situation, is that this is a game where the lore is about an evil entity (godlike being) kidnapping people and torturing them over and over again. Sexual orientation doesn't really play into that. And other than a handful of characters that are explicitly stated to be so where it talks about a man having a wife or vice versa, we don't actually know the status of most of the other characters in the game. The fact of the matter is, we might already have an LGBT character but just not know it because the lore doesn't explicitly call it out.

    The fact that everyone just ASSUMES that we don't have an LGBT character because it isn't explicitly called out is literally problematic. You are ASSUMING the default status of everyone unless otherwise stated is straight. My worry is that when they finally do "make" an LGBT character that the "progressive" people are going to want, it is going to be some ridiculous hyperbolic version of that character where for no reason other than pandering they have to broadcast like a beacon their sexual orientation. Rather than it just being one part of the character, it is going to become the ONLY part of the character.

    People are a not a singular thing, they are a large cross section of many different things all combined together to create a unique individual that is not like anyone else in the world.

    For me, its that i don't think they will do it well based on how people are asking for it.

    They're asking for LGBT characters to be treated like non-LGBT characters. Why is that an issue?

    The fact that everyone just ASSUMES that we don't have an LGBT character because it isn't explicitly called out is literally problematic. You are ASSUMING the default status of everyone unless otherwise stated is straight.

    It's not problematic to assume something based on statistics. The vast majority of fictional characters are heterosexual. As for your "worry", don't worry. If the devs can handle heterosexual relationships, they can handle non-heterosexual relationships. That won't stop bad faith actors from pretending that the non-heterosexual relationships are "the defining feature" of the characters, but then again, nothing stops them from complaining.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976990#Comment_1976990

    Ok. Seeing as you’re persisting, here’s my take.

    It’s not so much about actually caring very strongly about an in game characters sexuality while actually playing the game. Especially when that makes absolutely no difference to the gameplay.

    It’s more about the implication that LGBTIQ+ people are being reminded that they’re not included. Which can also feel like “you’re not welcome”.

    Could you imagine if every character in DBD were white? Even though the characters race has absolutely no baring on gameplay, there would be uproar if the response to “Why are there no black (or other) people in DBD?!” was “Why should it matter? It’s just a video game”

    Some LGBTIQ+ people still have a damn hard life. ANY role models, even a thin bare one in a game like DBD is better than NO role model at all.

    People are welcome to their beliefs. I find strange, does not mean I have "problem" or are mocking on others beliefs. I believe the characters are like blank canvas, the individual players paint their story, my ghostface is just video game pixels, your ghostface can be pixels with sexuality, favorite food or whatever.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977026#Comment_1977026

    The fact that everyone just ASSUMES that we don't have an LGBT character because it isn't explicitly called out is literally problematic. You are ASSUMING the default status of everyone unless otherwise stated is straight.

    It's not problematic to assume something based on statistics. The vast majority of fictional characters are heterosexual. As for your "worry", don't worry. If the devs can handle heterosexual relationships, they can handle non-heterosexual relationships. That won't stop bad faith actors from pretending that the non-heterosexual relationships are "the defining feature" of the characters, but then again, nothing stops them from complaining.

    That's not what a certain type of person might say.


    But the point i'm making is they don't really "handle" heterosexual relationships, because they aren't really part of the game in any way.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977000#Comment_1977000

    It may seem crass, but time and time again it’s proven (or they’re caught out) that the most vehemently opposed are closeted themselves.

    There may be exceptions, but they’re rare.

    No matter how often it's been proven right or wrong, making that assumption is an overall dick move. I know you are a good person (or at least... I believe this to be true), and I know you don't want this whole post to devolve into assumptions of your sexuality and angry rebuttals about how you're declaring:

    "I'm right, and anyone who doesn't agree with me is secretly gay"

    And I know you really just want everyone to focus on what's important:

    An LGBTQ+ represented character introduced in DbD is a good thing that shouldn't be bemoaned or combatted, and instead generally accepted or applauded!

    That last jab... doesn't achieve this, and instead antagonizes the readers into focusing on how you just called them out/said they're secretly gay with an errant assumption.

    I Like you dude, and while I'm not the best person in the world to try and act all noble about things regarding DbD debates, I'm sincerely trying to help you avoid mistakes in your wording.

    Be Positive, and don't resort to being antagonistic. That's what the ######### do... You're not an #########... are you?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977026#Comment_1977026

    The fact that everyone just ASSUMES that we don't have an LGBT character because it isn't explicitly called out is literally problematic. You are ASSUMING the default status of everyone unless otherwise stated is straight.

    It's not problematic to assume something based on statistics. The vast majority of fictional characters are heterosexual. As for your "worry", don't worry. If the devs can handle heterosexual relationships, they can handle non-heterosexual relationships. That won't stop bad faith actors from pretending that the non-heterosexual relationships are "the defining feature" of the characters, but then again, nothing stops them from complaining.

    Like, if the character they make says anything in their lore other than (He had a Husband named James) or something, then it's going to be the sole focal point of their personality, rather than just being part of it. Which to me, is worse than not calling it out specifically.

  • @Raja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977004#Comment_1977004

    People are welcome to their beliefs. I find strange, does not mean I have "problem" or are mocking on others beliefs. I believe the characters are like blank canvas, the individual players paint their story, my ghostface is just video game pixels, your ghostface can be pixels with sexuality, favorite food or whatever.

    So you prefer headcanon to real canon. That's fine, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

    @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977028#Comment_1977028

    That's not what a certain type of person might say.

    But the point i'm making is they don't really "handle" heterosexual relationships, because they aren't really part of the game in any way.

    But the point i'm making is they don't really "handle" heterosexual relationships, because they aren't really part of the game in any way.

    They're a part of the lore, just like non-heterosexual relationships will be. Seem to me they're handling everything just fine.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977021#Comment_1977021

    I mean, you are the one caring about what other people care about even if it is not any of your business. Isn’t that strange as well?

    those people don’t hurt you or affect you. You don’t need to understand them. Who are you to just join a conversation/discussion and question people like that? They care about it. You know they care about it. What’s the matter with that? (I explicitly didn’t use the word ‚problem‘ so you don’t have to focus on that any more)

    What I care about is false assumptions. When you assume I have any sort of problem because I ask as you say "rhetorical" questions that is when I start to care when I am having someone who doesn't know me try to write my biography. It is not strange for someone who exists in reality to "care" when someone else who exist in reality make assumptions.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977029#Comment_1977029

    So you prefer headcanon to real canon. That's fine, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977030#Comment_1977030

    But the point i'm making is they don't really "handle" heterosexual relationships, because they aren't really part of the game in any way.

    They're a part of the lore, just like non-heterosexual relationships will be. Seem to me they're handling everything just fine.

    Let me put it this way. I don't actually know because i don't follow the lore closely enough so i'm asking so we can start a discussion, not as like a "gotcha"


    Can you name one character that has lore that specifically calls out that they are heterosexual?

1 2 3 4 … 13