Pyramid head
Now I want to start this by saying for the most part I love PH. His visual design is cool and his power is very unique but I have one major problem with it
His tunnelling potential.
Pyramid head is clearly designed to be able to tunnel one poor survivor out of the match very quickly which I think is very unhealthy as they shouldn’t promote that kind of play style
Now they did change it awhile ago so he couldn’t see cage auras but since it spawns them as far as it can away from you consistently any decent PH will know where they are anyway.
Survivors can obviously avoid his trails but usually you’ll have to walk through one if the PH places them well because it’s either that or a free hit.
Again I love his Potd attack and it’s a very balanced anti loop ability but the cages aren’t really in a good spot right now.
Since it blocks your perks as well as survivor’s perks the only time you used them is to bypass a ds because you tunnelled or to avoid flashlight or pallet saves.
I think it could be worth testing hook based perks working on cages as this would make PH more fun for both sides as they would be able to use their perks.
Imagine a survivor breeding a gen while you down someone else so you quickly cage them and pop the gen. Things like this would help PH be more versatile as well as fun
Feel free to discuss as this is just my opinion
Comments
Hiding is an option and your teammate could take the heat I doubt that part but its possible
I disagree, if he tunnels a survivor off cage and hooks them again, it is most likely because a teammate made a poorly timed rescue. What you need to do is save a caged survivor when you know the killer is far enough away so that if he chooses to tunnel, it will not benefit him all that much.
If he was allowed to use hooking perks as well as survivors, it would take away some of his uniqueness and make devour hope incredibly strong on him. Same thing for BBQ.
Tunnelers going to tunnel no matter what. I don't think PH is unique in that regard.
Hag's traps make it easy for her to tunnel/proxy camp, Trappers traps the same to an extent, Oni/Billy/Nurse/Blight all have tunneling potential because of their cross-map speed. Wraith as well with proxy camping + invisibility. Not to mention Ghostie's power.
The Cages force Survivors to make smart rescues. I think this is a mechanic style that needs to be implemented on more Killers. Punish the ones who rush in crutching on their DS/BT and reward the ones who play it smart, pay attention to where the Killer is located, then move in to save. You have a lot of time to make a save, there's no need to do it within 2 seconds of them being hooked.
I don't really see it as a power or Perk related thing, it's more of a mentality problem with the player base. "Rush, rush, rush" is the norm. It should be pushed further in the direction of "Consider carefully, plan your move, execute", imo at least.
Depends on iron will or not really and some PH’s will go out of their way to find them
Not sure about bbq as you usually cage when survivors are close and devour is already cleansed pretty quick.
You could buff him in other ways as I think having a killer placed high because he’s can tunnel well is pretty bad
Usually, but it would be very easy to use cages and get stacks really fast and even without undying you would probably get a lot of stacks before it is cleansed.
As the self-proclaimed Pyramid Head main of EU, I actually agree here; his tunneling potential is off the charts.
I'm not convinced making hook perks work with cages would be the way forward, though. He could still very easily tunnel someone off the hook, ignore their DS with a cage, and then when they're uncaged he chases them again, and they either torment themselves mid-chase or just get slugged. Or they'd eat the DS but that's just idiotic.
I agree, it could be very fun to do, however there then comes another issue with making hook perks work with cages: BBQ and Chili. Cages spawn as far away as possible, which is usually further than 40m away. The caging animation takes 3 seconds, and so you'd be able to see that survivor's aura for a second, which is enough time to know exactly where the cage is, head over, and tunnel.
The only thing I can think of off of the top of my head is that the cages will move around randomly every 20 seconds. It will spawn as far away as possible, as is usual, however every 20 seconds will move to a completely random location that it's possible for a cage to spawn, pausing the timer as it moves (3 seconds to fall into the ground, 3 seconds to rise out in a different location).
Alternatively the Entity could prevent you from hooking a survivor if they've been rescued from a cage and no hook, unhook, cage, or rescue actions have taken place since. This could make sense lore-wise too, as explained in this video it's likely Pyramid Head appears in the form he does to the Entity to punish it until it realises what it's doing is wrong (as he does to James, at which point it yeets itself). The Entity would fight back from making the survivors too hopeless by allowing them to tunnel relentlessly, as it feeds on their hope through the hooks. However obviously this becomes very exploitable, so it's not really the best solution either.
However if you are going to change his tunnel potential he does need to be buffed in other ways. A speed boost when walking through pre-set trails, or maybe POTD becomes wider & longer. And applies torment upon a successful hit. I'm not sure.
I'd like to see him more incentivized to just use his cages in the first place rather than hook tbh. As it stands right now, they're very situational due to sending them across the map, usually right into another survivor's arms for an instant save, and they don't activate BBQ/Pop.
A slew of changes I think would be cool include hooking removing torment, torment being applied by POTD (with a grace period of immunity to it off hook maybe?), cages activating hook perks, and cages trying to pick a spot where any given player is not currently located. Or just have it pick a random hook to send them next to.
Or they could have fun with it and make the survivors have to find a key to get someone out of a cage. That way sending them far away to another survivor doesn't matter so much.
Torment survivors after Potd attacks? Improved range? Torme not doesn’t get removed from the unhooker?
Not like he’d be terrible as many PH’s who don’t tunnel still do really well
Pyramid Head is fine the way he is honestly. Can he get survivors out of the game quickly, yes he can and that's a perk for using that killer. Making typical hook perks affect his cages just invalidates his cages and makes them no different than hooks. Nobody says anything when a Tombstone Myers can straight up kill you without interacting with you the whole game aside from catching you once.
actually quite a few people think tombstone piece is incredibly unhealthy and should be changed. judith's is better because of the downsides to it but piece is... yeah people complain about myers.
There's nothing wrong with his cages. If anything his Torment needs to be improved and applied on his ranged attack.
His ranged attack needs to be worse for locked animation hits but better for prediction and out of LoS hits. IE you're getting hit from outplays instead of pseudo lose/lose scenarios.
It's basically the last change they made to him, it just wasn't far enough in either direction.
I mean people will complain about anything but what Im getting at is that PH has been nerfed a few times since release, nerfing him more isn't the answer. Myers on the other hand has the option to kill in the form of 2 add-ons but seems like BHVR is just fine with that interaction seeing as they haven't changed it once since his release.
Twice; once it I think hotfix 4.0.1 when he lost the ability to see his cages and once in 4.4.0, though this could be argued either way. He lost his ability to zone with M2 as easily however got his cooldown of POTD reduced by 0.5s, which doesn't sound like much but in practice it definitely was/is.
And it’s not like his chase is any worse it’s just actually fair. A good PH will still hit most of their Potd and get rewarded with the smaller cooldown
#CarForMyers
Is his tunneling potential really that good though?
Consider this:
His "tunneling" is only good because he can avoid DS. If a survivor does not have DS, then any killer can tunnel just as easily. Hit them the moment they're unhooked and then re-hook them. This is arguably stronger since then you can watch the hook again waiting for a second tunnel, whereas PH has to send them to the other side of the map and a quick rescue can leave that survivor time to sneak away and hide before you cross over there after the notification.
So it's not so much tunnel potential because if a survivor does not have DS, especially in a no-ds game where there is no obsession, then any killer can tunnel just as hard. The real complaint with PH is that he counters one very specific perk in the game. In order to do this he loses access to powerful meta killer perks like Pop remember so it's not like it's a net positive.
After the DS changes next patch I imagine less survivors will bring the perk anyway.
No he definitely handed over a good chunk of control to the survivor in certain situations. Also the "good PH will hit most of their POTD" is bs. I hit 3 dead on yesterday and none of them counted, latency I guess but it's sad to see that the biggest frustration with POTD hasn't been addressed. The hitbox is so thin and any bit of latency throws it off completely. I felt completely cheated when I saw the survivor clearly inside the zone.
All killers with ranged attacks suffer from latency but if it makes you feel better at least we all suffer together as survivors have it just as bad:)
tbf though he had too much control in a chase to a point where every window and pallet was a free hit if you knew what you were doing which was absurd. He’s in a much better spot now and you even get rewarded more for the hits you do land
As a good pyramid head who consistently hits their shots, the "a good PH will hit most of their POTD" is not bs you're just bad
If you show them a clip they might come around but from my limited experience playing pyramid head( Only a couple of matches) I only noticed one latency hit but compared to plague and slinger that’s nothing
Also what’s wrong with what they said anyway? If you are a good PH similar to a good huntress or slinger you’ll rarely miss shots
With his ranged attack you also have to take into account the fact that the "beam" doesn't hit all at once. It's a wave. So a survivor can be in the "beam" towards the end and still escape it because the wave hasn't propagated to them yet. The spikes coming out of the ground aren't just a visual, it shows where the "damage active" part of the attack actually is. I usually offset my ranged attack sometimes because most survivors will anticipate it at pallets and such. So they'll dodge where the attack would normally be into my offset attack and I land hits. Equipping "I'm All Ears" also helps a ton with x-ray hits
I play on sub-80 and experience no issues with his power. Maybe you just need to get a better connection at this point.
And before you even try to say I don't know what I'm talking about, and tell me I'm lying,
Trust me, I do.
Against bad players yea you can hit every shot. But against good players, they start being unpredictable
You are saying that like I don't main him.
That doesn't stop me managing to consistently hit the shots that I go for, though, because I look at how they play and react and adjust my playstyle accordingly. Very few players have been able to dodge the majority of the shots I go for.
The prestige 3 cosmetics have convinced me dude.
Maybe you need to stop being so toxic and antagonistic? everybody complains about latency in this game, I mean it's like the NUMBER ONE thing survivors complain about is latency hits at pallets, but sure lets pretend it's just me. My connection is perfectly adequate but when the game matches you against people from all over Europe and even some players from regions like the middle east and north africa it's not surprising that some hits aren't perfect.
Maybe you just need to stop lying and arguing for the sake of it and accept that latency is a thing? it takes time for data to get from A to B and in case you didn't know this Europe is actually quite a very large continent.
Nah this guy has prestige 3 cosmetics so you KNOW he's the real deal. 360 no scopes every POTD attack.
Long time no see. Hope you're doing well.
@ topic: I wonder what Pyramid would be like if cages were to allow perk activations. Would be a major buff to survivors due to Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike etc. which is a big point of using the cages but I would take the change if the devs made it so successful POTD hits applied tormented status.
If survivors can use DS and Borrowed Time despite cages let me use the cages more often throughout a match at least.
Quite the contrary, bad internet actually benefits you in games these days. Hence why a lot of players in games lagswitch and use VPNs to play other regions.
I've got somewhere in the relam of 15-20 hours on PH, not much I know, but I think I've been robbed a grand total of once. I also do not have the best connection thanks to the servers not being near me (yay AU).
So I guess my point is that either you are playing with much higher than 70 ping, you are so unlucky if you bought a winning lottery ticket you would somehow end up owing that amount, or you're misjudging your POTD quite heavily.
And based on this tirade I think it may be the latter.
Cool it's the same 2 chums from the other day backing each other up again, the ones always ranting about survivor being unfair.
Perhaps the player in question just had a bad connection. I haven't seen it miss direct attacks 3 times in a row like that before, though you do get a fair few misses that should of hit when you play PH. If you don't then good for you.
If you're one if those people who use I'm all ears or only shoot at animation locks, yes you should be able to hit every shot. I don't use I'm all ears and I constantly go for prediction shots and miss every now and again. I would like to see you go against 4 strong survivors and hit all your shots otherwise I think you're just hyping yourself up too much.
But do you have prestige 3 cosmetics? that might be the difference
Wish it was gameplay. Everybody knows you can just p3 a killer never actually playing them that well and Claim you're a beast at them
Yes and I even have gameplay of my pyramid
Can you provide some evidence? At all? You are the only one that's been having all of these robbed POTD's, I'm fairly certain the burden is on you. Even those of us who have also experienced robs are... Suspicious.
Wow really I had no idea on the size of Europe! It's not like I live there or anything!! Was für eine Überraschung!! :D
Also, the hit 'validation' has only ever activated for me twice, and both times were when I was playing in a server that wasn't my own. Apart from that it's robbed no hits from me, and usually latency actually ends up giving me more hits, instead of taking them away.
I'm really not lying, I never said latency wasn't a thing. I just said you were ######### at the game, which considering how you've made around 30 threads within the hour on the removal of animations and how it means survivors can now... spin a circle, I think is pretty justified.
(For the record because I'm well aware you're slow at this, this is what we call a "hyperbole", and it's exaggeration for emphasis on a certain point).
I've streamed my gameplay to many people, live on twitch. @Respectfulnancymain and @Yamaoka are the two that have seen my gameplay firsthand that remain on the forums, alongside @megswifey @MadLordJack and @Jyn_Mojito having literally played against it. They can testify to my abilities. For other people who have been banned there's @hahadrillgobrrr, @BigBrainMegMain, and @MusicNerd_TC but I don't think you can quite contact them to ask.
Oh, also I forgot about @Donkerydoo who's definitely seen me play many, many times over :D
Yeah hold on let me just hop in my time machine and record that game from the other day.
If it's hitting you so bad, surely you'd be able to just record a match or two and show us?
Lol there we go again. I hate survivors having no turning animation and 2004 movement in 2021 therefore I MUST be complaining because I'm bad.
It's funny how with people like you everytime I complain about anything it's because I'm bad, yet that somehow doesn't apply to all the people crying about Spirit or Freddy. Hmmm.
Correct I do use I'm All Ears, but no I don't only go for animation locked shots because I have dignity and I'm well aware that's how you lose. Hence why I said majority not every.
Here's some gameplay recorded just after the PH changes. It's kinda old and I'm significantly better than I was but, it's the most recent stuff I have recorded and uploaded.
This is just getting amusing at this rate. Shame I have to sleep, but it'll be great to see what comes of these.
After reading replies, I forgot what this thread is even about. Poor op.
Yeah I'm pretty good at hijacking threads, didn't get 6k posts doing anything productive after all lol
Appreciate the gameplay, but those were average survivors. when they got tormented they didn't move unpredictable like the good survivors do or take advantage of the houses that make pyramids m2 mostly useless. I'll say it again, you will hit most of your shots on bad survivors but once you start going against those 4man squads it's pretty hard to hit almost all of your shots. I'm all ears definitely helps though
You strike me as a person with very inflated ego from the posts I saw. I didn't even singled you out here and you are making it like it is about you lol. Taking every chance you get to brag about something huh? Yikes.
Like I said, this is the most recent recorded gameplay I have. If I could send you more recent stuff, or when I do face 4mans, I'd love to.
You know I'm really glad I do, because it let's me know that it's working just fine!
Though on a seriously note, I said that because it was mostly me that did derail it. Not me trying to flex, it was an attempt at my personal style of humour.
They really should change iridescent seal of metatron on PH because the current one kinda sucks. 6 seconds of aura reading on tormented AFTER caging someone really sucks because firstly, rarely you'll ever have 3 or 4 people tormented and secondly, even if that's the case you'll lose out on 2 torments whenever someone gets rescued cutting the addons power in half every time you cage someone. That's why I got two suggestions to change it, one simple one and one more interesting one.
The first change is that whenever somebody gets tormented you can see their auras for 4 seconds but it removes killer instinct.
The second change is that cages of attonement are changed into a special variant. This special variant is different visually (cage is covered in moths) and has a different sound queue to let others know you're using it. This special cage will immediately start giving skillchecks at phase 1 and will persist right through to phase 2 and beyond. I like this one more because I like the idea of the cages being even more deadly and putting survivors under a lot more pressure to stay on gens or rescue their friends.