Clown is still trash tier, even after the "rework"

I guess I was expecting too much from BHVR. That he would be turned into a viable Killer. Nope. Let's give him a bottle that makes him a little faster, but can also benefit survivors.

Comments

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1969256#Comment_1969256

    No. That’s not true. I still see Docs that constantly waste Static Blast in areas that have no survivors, and just spamming Shock willy nilly, often missing.

    So there are still tonnes of players that just don’t get Doc. They get creamed because they don’t know how to use Madness as a time wasting tool, or how to properly use Shock as an anti loop.

    The truth is that Clown has always been a little obscure. The correct way to use Tonics is the least intuitive way to most that pick him up. The Antidote isn’t any different. It’s either going to take awhile for some to wrap their head around it’s optimal, devastating use, or they just won’t get it.

    Tutorial pretty please? :)

  • I dont even call this a rework it was just a minor quality buff. At least I expected to have 8 bottles in total like 4 yellows and 4 purples but no.

  • People underestimate clown, right now clown can now get free hits if he uses both the slowing and speed flasks at a loop if done right.

    There are moments where just the slowing flask isn't enough but using speed flask to combo at the right time you can pretty much guarantee hits.

  • @Celebrimbor said:

    I dont even call this a rework it was just a minor quality buff. At least I expected to have 8 bottles in total like 4 yellows and 4 purples but no.

    Yeah rework is overly generous of a term for what they did

  • I've not faced many Clowns since his rework. Those that I have faced not a single one has made use of his antidote bottle. In comparison to when the likes of Doc and Bubba got reworked they were everywhere and felt more powerful than before.

    I see no significant quality of life improvement in Clown. Still fun to play and face, but still a weak killer.

  • @lady_potato said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1972534#Comment_1972534

    dude im pig main and i tell u it's not that bad. Also the trapper and wraith have interesting and strong add-ons

    Yes, Trapper is totally fine. By the time he set up the traps, all gens are completed. But that is a design choice.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229894/clown-is-still-trash-tier-even-after-the-rework

    Lol, ok...

    I’ll just keep “accidentally” 4k’ing with my trash killer.

    The Antidote is fantastic. Used properly the survivors should never ever get opportunities to use it themselves.

    It seriously makes chases so damn easy when I Invigorate myself followed quickly with Intoxicating a survivor.

    curious what is ur build?

  • He loves something like Sloppy Butcher,Coulrophobia,Forced Penance and Thanatophobia.

    Basically,builds that helps him to keep survivors injured and slugged.

  • @Lazerboy88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1972542#Comment_1972542

    Clown really doesn’t have that high of a skill cap, just requires some creativity with his bottles.

    It's part creativity, but it's about timing properly also. If you misplace a bottle you can literally not get a hit because the bottle allowed them to get .1 second ahead of you. There is tons of objects that need bottles need to be properly placed on for it to work out in the end. Every single object in the game as some sort of use for clowns bottles. Even people who have hundreds of hours + more clocked in on clown like me are still figuring out most of these things, because there is so many things that you can do with him. Sure there is barely any clown mains, and or people who say they are clown mains but only have like 20 hours clocked in on him, but actual people who actually have spent a ton of time on clown will tell you he can be deadly, and he has one of the highest skill caps in the game, just because of how his bottles work due to all the objects in the game you have to figure out where you place these bottles at in order for it to be worthwhile. Combine all that with all the maps, and you have things to learn for like thousands of hours with him. Now with his new bottles you can learn a lot more.

  • @GodLikeTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1972657#Comment_1972657

    It's part creativity, but it's about timing properly also. If you misplace a bottle you can literally not get a hit because the bottle allowed them to get .1 second ahead of you. There is tons of objects that need bottles need to be properly placed on for it to work out in the end. Every single object in the game as some sort of use for clowns bottles. Even people who have hundreds of hours + more clocked in on clown like me are still figuring out most of these things, because there is so many things that you can do with him. Sure there is barely any clown mains, and or people who say they are clown mains but only have like 20 hours clocked in on him, but actual people who actually have spent a ton of time on clown will tell you he can be deadly, and he has one of the highest skill caps in the game, just because of how his bottles work due to all the objects in the game you have to figure out where you place these bottles at in order for it to be worthwhile. Combine all that with all the maps, and you have things to learn for like thousands of hours with him. Now with his new bottles you can learn a lot more.

    All this is known to me, I just think Deathslinger takes more skill with aiming vs clowns skill with bottle placement.

  • @Lazerboy88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1973599#Comment_1973599

    All this is known to me, I just think Deathslinger takes more skill with aiming vs clowns skill with bottle placement.

    Thing is with deathslinger is that this game is slow paced. Most people who have played dbd most likely have played FPS. Where the game is typically much faster pace compared to dbd. Aiming with deathslinger is a joke if you have some sort of prior experience in fps games. Now that the fps genre is mostly fast paced. Playing deathslinger is a massive step down compared to playing those games, so playing him isn't that hard. Plus he is hard countered by a lot of pallets in the game while clown isn't. Sure you can shoot through things with him, and possibly get an injure or hit, but how often is that worth while? Like never. I run into good deathslingers all the time, and how often do I run into a good clown? I only have ran into one like I said and it was verconn which he has a lot of time clocked in on clown also.

  • @boostedsurvivormain said:

    Funny how the better part of his "rework" is his reload speed, and that's just a number change.

    It's almost like the devs don't know how to balance the game.

  • I mostly do slugging/anti heal builds built around Coulrophobia and Mangled. Usually Coulrophobia, Sloppy or Sulphuric Acid Vial, Distressing, and either Forced Penance or Deathbound.

  • I find only clown that don't use the new yellow bottles and after they say is not change anything lol, learn to use the yellow bottles..

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229894/clown-is-still-trash-tier-even-after-the-rework

    Lol, ok...

    I’ll just keep “accidentally” 4k’ing with my trash killer.

    The Antidote is fantastic. Used properly the survivors should never ever get opportunities to use it themselves.

    It seriously makes chases so damn easy when I Invigorate myself followed quickly with Intoxicating a survivor.

    No hate or anything, I genuinely just wish I could watch your gameplay because there aren't any good Clown mains out there that I know of. I see everyone play the Clown fairly similarly and their playstyle with him doesn't ever seem very effective, so I would love to see what you do differently (obviously against good players, since that's what matters) than them, because you may have some effective strategy with Clown that most aren't aware of.

  • I'm just disappointed they removed 3 very good Add-ons he had.

    The exhaustion one, the ether 10% and the ether 5%...

  • @En3ermost said:

    I'm just disappointed they removed 3 very good Add-ons he had.

    The exhaustion one, the ether 10% and the ether 5%...

    Exhaustion add-ons are being phased out(and for good reason), just run mindbreaker.

  • He doesn't give any actual tutorials or gameplay, just vague statements about how amazing clown secretly is despite his forum name.

    Truth is clown is just SLIGHTLY better than he was before. The reload time reduction was much needed. Yellow bottles...yeah, most often not worth using. Hell, even Otz struggled in his video to justify using them even if he was genuinely trying to explain the proper time to use them. They have extremely niche uses that require the stars to align to get proper use from for a underwhelming speed buff.

    Which is all a shame because a lot of us where expecting a big rework, not some small buffs to his already underwhelming power.

  • @WiiFitTrainer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1972827#Comment_1972827

    He doesn't give any actual tutorials or gameplay, just vague statements about how amazing clown secretly is despite his forum name.

    Truth is clown is just SLIGHTLY better than he was before. The reload time reduction was much needed. Yellow bottles...yeah, most often not worth using. Hell, even Otz struggled in his video to justify using them even if he was genuinely trying to explain the proper time to use them. They have extremely niche uses that require the stars to align to get proper use from for a underwhelming speed buff.

    Which is all a shame because a lot of us where expecting a big rework, not some small buffs to his already underwhelming power.

    I'm collecting gameplay for a video that I will make against some good teams with clown using yellow bottles since you requested it. I have some, but would like a few more.

  • @WiiFitTrainer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1972827#Comment_1972827

    He doesn't give any actual tutorials or gameplay, just vague statements about how amazing clown secretly is despite his forum name.

    Truth is clown is just SLIGHTLY better than he was before. The reload time reduction was much needed. Yellow bottles...yeah, most often not worth using. Hell, even Otz struggled in his video to justify using them even if he was genuinely trying to explain the proper time to use them. They have extremely niche uses that require the stars to align to get proper use from for a underwhelming speed buff.

    Which is all a shame because a lot of us where expecting a big rework, not some small buffs to his already underwhelming power.

    Aww that's too bad. I love playing Clown but yeah he is a little underwhelming. I'm also pretty new so that's definitely a contributing factor but that's why I'm looking for tips or gameplay videos on him.

    I definitely think he is viable, just not that easy to use, especially because I play on console and aiming bottles while moving is a little harder. But I am still learning so I won't say conclusively whether he's good or not, just that I like him.

    I did watch some Fungoose videos on him though, and this was before the rework. But man, just watching him play killer stresses me out. He tracks so many things and keeps so much in mind. So Clown I think is definitely viable if you play in that manner. It's just...you know...I have a life and other interests and I'm not gonna sell my soul to this game. I'll get better at him in the time to come but man I'm not sure the investment is worth it just to be good as the killer. I'll still hop on once in awhile to play him and get better but that will take some time I guess.

  • @ManInaPickle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974188#Comment_1974188

    Exhaustion add-ons are being phased out(and for good reason), just run mindbreaker.

    Lol

  • @WiiFitTrainer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1972827#Comment_1972827

    He doesn't give any actual tutorials or gameplay, just vague statements about how amazing clown secretly is despite his forum name.

    Truth is clown is just SLIGHTLY better than he was before. The reload time reduction was much needed. Yellow bottles...yeah, most often not worth using. Hell, even Otz struggled in his video to justify using them even if he was genuinely trying to explain the proper time to use them. They have extremely niche uses that require the stars to align to get proper use from for a underwhelming speed buff.

    Which is all a shame because a lot of us where expecting a big rework, not some small buffs to his already underwhelming power.

    On outdoor map the Antidote make you patrol a tad faster. On small pallet loop you only need the Tonic like before,, on long loop (safe pallet) you can drop both the Tonic & Antidote in such way that you'll get the Antidote, the survivor wont so you get to slow them down and move faster meaning you don't have to break the pallet (depending on how big the loop is) in chase and move onto an other tile.


    His changes are small but effective; faster reload time, better map pressure on outdoor map & stronger power in big loop where he used to struggle even with a Tonic.

  • @BananaBlooD95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974292#Comment_1974292

    On outdoor map the Antidote make you patrol a tad faster. On small pallet loop you only need the Tonic like before,, on long loop (safe pallet) you can drop both the Tonic & Antidote in such way that you'll get the Antidote, the survivor wont so you get to slow them down and move faster meaning you don't have to break the pallet (depending on how big the loop is) in chase and move onto an other tile.

    His changes are small but effective; faster reload time, better map pressure on outdoor map & stronger power in big loop where he used to struggle even with a Tonic.

    Unless you bring the addon that gives 2 or 3 extra bottles, I feel using the antidote as map mobility is a waste since you'll have to reload more often which ultimately doesn't save you any time.

    Using them at long loops with the tonic, yeah I guess you might hit them a tad faster if they don't leave the loop altogether, but you could also do this with 2 tonics if they stay at the loop to keep them intoxicated longer while you catch up.

  • @WiiFitTrainer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975648#Comment_1975648

    Unless you bring the addon that gives 2 or 3 extra bottles, I feel using the antidote as map mobility is a waste since you'll have to reload more often which ultimately doesn't save you any time.

    Using them at long loops with the tonic, yeah I guess you might hit them a tad faster if they don't leave the loop altogether, but you could also do this with 2 tonics if they stay at the loop to keep them intoxicated longer while you catch up.

    1 Antidote for moving around and up to 3 bottles to end a chase, if you need more than that it's because you need to get better at clown.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1973494#Comment_1973494

    I mostly do slugging/anti heal builds built around Coulrophobia and Mangled. Usually Coulrophobia, Sloppy or Sulphuric Acid Vial, Distressing, and either Forced Penance or Deathbound.

    doubt thats gonna work at red ranks lmao, yeah for ranks above 10 could be pretty solid

  • @BananaBlooD95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977031#Comment_1977031

    1 Antidote for moving around and up to 3 bottles to end a chase, if you need more than that it's because you need to get better at clown.

    And you'll need to reload that much more often because you waste a bottle for map traversal everytime you do a patrol, thus wasting the time you "gained" from antidote.

    So tell me how you down good survivors at the beginning of the match with only 1 or 2 bottles with all pallets up with windows near by? Good surviors aren't paralyzed by tonic clouds, they just go through them to reach the window and or pallet. And off they run to the next loop while you sit back like a sad clown and reload your bottles.

  • @Drazen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1973730#Comment_1973730

    doubt thats gonna work at red ranks lmao, yeah for ranks above 10 could be pretty solid

    I am red ranks thanks. And it does work against red rank survivors. I’ve been playing Clown since the release of Curtain Call. I’m not a noob.

    Like I said, I usually 4k.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978833#Comment_1978833

    I am red ranks thanks. And it does work against red rank survivors. I’ve been playing Clown since the release of Curtain Call. I’m not a noob.

    Like I said, I usually 4k.

    okay im gonna use this build and then tell u how it worked out

  • @Drazen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979342#Comment_1979342

    okay im gonna use this build and then tell u how it worked out

    Just remember, a player can’t hope to have a build carry them. There needs to be a deliberate, methodical strategy.

    Here’s what I do, or keep in mind with this build.

    • I want at least 1 or 2 survivors slugged at any given time wherever possible. It forces the others off of gens more regularly.
    • As a Clown player keeping survivors injured leads to ridiculously short chases.
    • If I spot a survivor I suspect is running to assist a slug, I go for them for free hits. Even with healing buffs, that survivor will simply not be able to tap a button and get their teammate off the ground. In many instances either they go down, or I’ve arrived just as they get their teammate up, and I immediately slug them again and THEN continue chasing the healer.
    • Unbreakable doesn’t become an issue because in most cases the survivors waste it very early.
  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    I've not faced many Clowns since his rework. Those that I have faced not a single one has made use of his antidote bottle. In comparison to when the likes of Doc and Bubba got reworked they were everywhere and felt more powerful than before.

    I see no significant quality of life improvement in Clown. Still fun to play and face, but still a weak killer.

    antidote bottle? u mean piss bottle, even tho it's worse than one :/

1 2 ›