So what do you guys use on wraith?

I always liked playing wraith and since his recent buffs i have been playing him more, for those that are playing decent amount what do you use on him?

My current build is bbq, myc, mindbreaker, and pop. it is kinda meta but wraith isn't very oppressive so i think it's fine.

for addons i use a lot of windstrom but i also sometimes like to put on a very rare breaking speed addon with the addon where breaking something uncloaks him and i then replace mindbreaker with brutal strength. it's not the best but it is pretty fun especially if there are breakable walls around.

Comments

  • Get Sloppy Butcher on him. Spreading damage with his stealth potential is very good.

  • @GannTM said:

    Get Sloppy Butcher on him. Spreading damage with his stealth potential is very good.

    yeah but i don't like doing that and i wouldn't put it over any of my perks even mindbreaker which has worked pretty well on him.

    i get it's good and i usually spread the damage anyway but the build i got fits my play style more.

  • I usually run windstorm add ons if I don't have the silent bell but my build is corrupt surge and surveillance and the fourth varies on if I'm doing a challenge

  • BBQ, Pop, Nurses, and Bamboozle.

    If I feel like doing no gen defense/slowdown than it's BBQ, Nurses, Bamboozle, and Sloppy.

  • im running:

    • Enduring
    • Brutal Strength
    • A Nurses Calling
    • Pop Goes The Weasel


    Add Ons:

    • Windstorm
    • Swift Hunt


  • Hex Ruin, Bamboozle, bloodhound, and sloppy butcher (gotta get that tracking value),

    The main idea for my build is to aid Wraith in having extended gen defense; allowing him to patrol gens, close off loops, and track down injured survivors, all in all, i made this build to make me well-rounded: both in defense, chases, and searching. Hope this helps

    D0GUCaOX4AERFkB.jpg


  • Corrupt, Pop, Sloppy; then either BBQ or enduring.

    MYC if I have the wallhacks addon. Nurses if I have the mangled addon.

  • I used to run:

    BBQ, Nurses, Sloppy, Thana

    But imo survivor adapted to it. They do gens fast, heal with good medkits or stay injured and reach good pallets.

    I have now two builds which im testing:

    Ruin, undying, sloppy, nurses

    and:

    Thrilling, Pop, MYC, Dragons grip

    Both new builds work good, but the second build feels better. There is no totem rng and its more fun. Waiting near a gen with dragons grip after you used pop is effective and makes survivot hesitant to tap the gen the next time.

    And i run usually yellow windstorm and bone clapper

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    I always liked playing wraith and since his recent buffs i have been playing him more, for those that are playing decent amount what do you use on him?

    My current build is bbq, myc, mindbreaker, and pop. it is kinda meta but wraith isn't very oppressive so i think it's fine.

    for addons i use a lot of windstrom but i also sometimes like to put on a very rare breaking speed addon with the addon where breaking something uncloaks him and i then replace mindbreaker with brutal strength. it's not the best but it is pretty fun especially if there are breakable walls around.

    Sloppy with nurses is so good on wraith, can make a fun hit and run build along the lines of;

    1) A Nurses Calling

    2) Sloppy Butcher

    3) Thanataphobia

    4) BBQ/Thrilling Tremors/ PGTW

    This hit and run is just an idea though, different ways to play Wraith

  • Corrupt intervention, discordance, sloppy butcher and nurse's calling or bbq, pgtw, oppression, dragons grip or myc. For addons I almost always use all seeing and purple windstorm

  • Nurses, Thana, MYC, Noed

    Also using the mangled addon to go with Nurses. Survivors mostly rush gens against Wraith so Noed is pretty good to have in back pocket.

  • My normal build sloppy nurses surge and pop

    The other one I run is nurses undying devour and surge I normally run this on an indoor map

  • I usually go with the AK-47 with a 2x scope.

    This game is finally starting to feel balanced.

  • Sloppy for sure, especially since its buff. Makes his hit and run strong, which is honestly his only viable play style.

    New Ruin/Undying is trash imo, so your options are Pop or Surge. Or both..

    I like running Bamboozle more these days as well. 90% of your games it won't do much, but on those few games against god loopers it will be a life saver and honestly those are the only real games I care about. IE I don't need that extra perk slot on average games against potatoes anyway so I'm fine wasting it for those situational times.

    These days I don't really even care much for tracking perks as I can just track through intuition and game experience so it feels like a wasted slot. That said if I take one, Discordance is quite good.

    NC can be very strong on certain maps but feels meh on most maps. Depends if you like the dice roll or if you're using an offering.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Sloppy for sure, especially since its buff. Makes his hit and run strong, which is honestly his only viable play style.

    New Ruin/Undying is trash imo, so your options are Pop or Surge. Or both..

    I like running Bamboozle more these days as well. 90% of your games it won't do much, but on those few games against god loopers it will be a life saver and honestly those are the only real games I care about. IE I don't need that extra perk slot on average games against potatoes anyway so I'm fine wasting it for those situational times.

    These days I don't really even care much for tracking perks as I can just track through intuition and game experience so it feels like a wasted slot. That said if I take one, Discordance is quite good.

    NC can be very strong on certain maps but feels meh on most maps. Depends if you like the dice roll or if you're using an offering.

    Hit and run is not Wraith's only viable play style. You can use Enduring/Spirit Fury and be a chase oriented Wraith.

    And you mentioned Bamboozle countering god loopers. I would imagine you're more likely to catch them using the Enduring/Spirit Fury combo.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960848#Comment_1960848

    Hit and run is not Wraith's only viable play style. You can use Enduring/Spirit Fury and be a chase oriented Wraith.

    And you mentioned Bamboozle countering god loopers. I would imagine you're more likely to catch them using the Enduring/Spirit Fury combo.

    Chase Wraith isn't good imo. You're trying to force a play style on a killer that isn't built for it with bandaid perks.

    Enduring/SF is overrated and quite counterable for survivors when they realize you have it.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960864#Comment_1960864

    Chase Wraith isn't good imo. You're trying to force a play style on a killer that isn't built for it with bandaid perks.

    Enduring/SF is overrated and quite counterable for survivors when they realize you have it.

    Enduring/Spirit Fury is definitely a decent option on Wraith. Since Wraith's main weakness is pallets, being able to shutdown a loop can be huge.

    Sloppy on Wraith is good too, but sometimes winning a chase is more important.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960848#Comment_1960848

    Hit and run is not Wraith's only viable play style. You can use Enduring/Spirit Fury and be a chase oriented Wraith.

    And you mentioned Bamboozle countering god loopers. I would imagine you're more likely to catch them using the Enduring/Spirit Fury combo.

    Nah I don’t think so, endfury isn’t really that good on him since all you are getting is an M1. It’s way better on one shot killers where it actually equates to a down.

    I use enduring standalone just because wraith needs to face tank really safe pallets a lot to get them out of the way. Bamboozle is what actually stops the god loops since all the problematic tiles are due to a strong window. But enduring is better for general loops.

    Theres not much reason to commit to chases if you have windstorm, especially since his first hit is usually free. If you are going to commit a lot you are better off playing a low mobility killer with a stronger power.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960893#Comment_1960893

    Enduring/Spirit Fury is definitely a decent option on Wraith. Since Wraith's main weakness is pallets, being able to shutdown a loop can be huge.

    Sloppy on Wraith is good too, but sometimes winning a chase is more important.

    It's counter intuitive to how Wraith is built. You're better off playing him to his inherent strengths.

    You shut down a loop every third pallet and that's assuming they hit you with the pallets, which decent survivors will not once they realize you're running Enduring. They will pre drop like they would a Clown. Not to mention you're wasting 2 perk slots on all this.

    The fastest chase is to not have the chase in the first place.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960864#Comment_1960864

    Nah I don’t think so, endfury isn’t really that good on him since all you are getting is an M1. It’s way better on one shot killers where it actually equates to a down.

    I use enduring standalone just because wraith needs to face tank really safe pallets a lot to get them out of the way. Bamboozle is what actually stops the god loops since all the problematic tiles are due to a strong window. But enduring is better for general loops.

    Theres not much reason to commit to chases if you have windstorm, especially since his first hit is usually free. If you are going to commit a lot you are better off playing a low mobility killer with a stronger power.

    We obviously have a different perspective.

    I don't usually run Bamboozle because I would rather out mind game the survivor.

    I still think Enduring/Spirit Fury is good because it gives Wraith something to combat pallets.

    Like I said, Sloppy is good too, but so is Spirit Fury/Enduring. If you don't believe me, I'm sure you can find game play on Twitch.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    I always liked playing wraith and since his recent buffs i have been playing him more, for those that are playing decent amount what do you use on him?

    My current build is bbq, myc, mindbreaker, and pop. it is kinda meta but wraith isn't very oppressive so i think it's fine.

    for addons i use a lot of windstrom but i also sometimes like to put on a very rare breaking speed addon with the addon where breaking something uncloaks him and i then replace mindbreaker with brutal strength. it's not the best but it is pretty fun especially if there are breakable walls around.

    I run lightborn (swap it for anything, just my preference) sloppy, thanato, and haunted ground (idea behind this is as I'm sneaking up on some one, someone else cleanses it and it's easy clean up) my favorite add ons to use is windstorm and whatever the reappearance one is called

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960915#Comment_1960915

    It's counter intuitive to how Wraith is built. You're better off playing him to his inherent strengths.

    You shut down a loop every third pallet and that's assuming they hit you with the pallets, which decent survivors will not once they realize you're running Enduring. They will pre drop like they would a Clown. Not to mention you're wasting 2 perk slots on all this.

    The fastest chase is to not have the chase in the first place.

    How is it counterintuitive? Enduring/Spirit Fury is specifically designed to help M1 killers with pallets.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960930#Comment_1960930

    We obviously have a different perspective.

    I don't usually run Bamboozle because I would rather out mind game the survivor.

    I still think Enduring/Spirit Fury is good because it gives Wraith something to combat pallets.

    Like I said, Sloppy is good too, but so is Spirit Fury/Enduring. If you don't believe me, I'm sure you can find game play on Twitch.

    I’m not saying it’s bad, you can win with any perk build in the game.

    I just don’t see why you would take a killer who’s only strength is being mobile while cloaked and then use a build that turns him into a 115 M1 killer. There’s literally no reason to play him over any of the other low mobility chase killers at that point.

    And you don’t really mind game the best tiles in the game, like shack. Really good survivors always pay attention and stand at the corners which makes mindgames borderline impossible no matter how much you moonwalk or double back. Not that you see really good survivors often.

  • Lightborn

    Franklin's

    Stbfl

    Noed

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960934#Comment_1960934

    How is it counterintuitive? Enduring/Spirit Fury is specifically designed to help M1 killers with pallets.

    IE nothing in your kit is for loops so you should play towards the strengths that your killer has an advantage in such as stealth and map pressure.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960947#Comment_1960947

    I’m not saying it’s bad, you can win with any perk build in the game.

    I just don’t see why you would take a killer who’s only strength is being mobile while cloaked and then use a build that turns him into a 115 M1 killer. There’s literally no reason to play him over any of the other low mobility chase killers at that point.

    And you don’t really mind game the best tiles in the game, like shack. Really good survivors always pay attention and stand at the corners which makes mindgames borderline impossible no matter how much you moonwalk or double back. Not that you see really good survivors often.

    Well, if you use the hit and run build, then you'll eventually have to start winning chases. And if you're playing against strong loopers, they aren't going to give you an easy down.

    Spirit Fury/Enduring gives Wraith a little extra utility, which is certainly useful in chases.

    As for shack, I'm pretty sure you can mind game most survivors. I'm usually able to.

  • @magicmaster2020 said:

    Lightborn

    Franklin's

    Stbfl

    Noed

    @dummer33344 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229062/so-what-do-you-guys-use-on-wraith

    I run lightborn (swap it for anything, just my preference) sloppy, thanato, and haunted ground (idea behind this is as I'm sneaking up on some one, someone else cleanses it and it's easy clean up) my favorite add ons to use is windstorm and whatever the reappearance one is called

    Lightborn doesn't stop wraith from getting burned out of cloak.

    are you guys just running it because you hate getting blinded?

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960958#Comment_1960958

    IE nothing in your kit is for loops so you should play towards the strengths that your killer has an advantage in such as stealth and map pressure.

    How is running around cloaked all the time going to win you chases against good survivors?

    Obviously, you'll eventually use up their resources. Which is why hit and run works well on Wraith. But with SF/Enduring you can get a quicker down. Not to mention, you can still spread the damage without Sloppy.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960967#Comment_1960967

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960953#Comment_1960953

    Lightborn doesn't stop wraith from getting burned out of cloak.

    are you guys just running it because you hate getting blinded?

    I run it because people dont expect it on most killers as from what I've seen people see it as a waste of a perk slot.

  • @magicmaster2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960994#Comment_1960994

    I run it because people dont expect it on most killers as from what I've seen people see it as a waste of a perk slot.

    i mean it kinda is since even with the blind sound effect you can track and follow survivors with a good headset.

    Also as long as your aware and face walls and stuff when you pick people up you rarer get flashlight saved.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961003#Comment_1961003

    i mean it kinda is since even with the blind sound effect you can track and follow survivors with a good headset.

    Also as long as your aware and face walls and stuff when you pick people up you rarer get flashlight saved.

    I can see where that's coming from, but not everyone has good headphones or they have them and just dont use them. I've also had a couple of times where I was facing a solid wall and got blinded somehow.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960980#Comment_1960980

    How is running around cloaked all the time going to win you chases against good survivors?

    Obviously, you'll eventually use up their resources. Which is why hit and run works well on Wraith. But with SF/Enduring you can get a quicker down. Not to mention, you can still spread the damage without Sloppy.

    "How is running around cloaked all the time going to win you chases against good survivors?"

    That's entirely the point, you aren't chasing.

    "Obviously, you'll eventually use up their resources. Which is why hit and run works well on Wraith."

    Against good survivors there are more than enough pallets to have the gens done before they run out.

    "But with SF/Enduring you can get a quicker down."

    That's IF they don't drop them early and they stun you with them....which they won't be once they see Enduring. They'll drop them just slightly early having your perks do nothing.

    "Not to mention, you can still spread the damage without Sloppy."

    Sloppy is guaranteed consistent slow down and pressure, specifically because you have the map pressure and stealth to go with it.

    It's also one perk slot, not 2.

  • Rn basically adept nurse with sloppy or pop depending on how sweaty the lobby looks (this also affects my addons)

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960472#Comment_1960472

    yeah but i don't like doing that and i wouldn't put it over any of my perks even mindbreaker which has worked pretty well on him.

    i get it's good and i usually spread the damage anyway but the build i got fits my play style more.

    If you want to chase survivors you will definitely need Enduring, Spirit Fury or Brutal Strength. If you have problems with vaults and mindgames, maybe try Bamboozle or I'm All Ears. Anyway, if you like to chase then you will need 2 out of those imo.

    If you play him more like "hit & run" which is imho the more effective way because it complements his abbility and strengths, you need Sloppy and Nurse's -> just do surprise attacks, then check the situation, maybe you can down them, if not leave and surprise the next!

    I also use MYC a lot (it's great especially with the purple All Seeing add on) but MYC doesn't synergize well with Sloppy unfortunately.

    I bring PGTW every time but the other 3 perks change depending on the add ons that i use, eg if i bring the pink All seeing (gen progress visible), i don't bring BBQ or Discordance. If i bring green Blind Warrior, i don't need Sloppy. If i bring purple All seeing, i don't need Nurse's. Basically i try to bring perks that complement each other and then i adapt my playstyle.

    But here are my top perks that i usually choose from: Pop, Surge, Overcharge, BBQ, Discordance, MYC, Rancor, Sloppy, Nurse's, STBFL and Franklin's for the Flashys.

    Add ons: Windstorm basically every game, the other one usually is: All seeing purple or pink, the Clapper add ons, green Blind Warrior or sometimes the brown "The Ghost"

  • Dragons grip all seeing blood coxcomb or bone clapper ghost

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960967#Comment_1960967

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960953#Comment_1960953

    Lightborn doesn't stop wraith from getting burned out of cloak.

    are you guys just running it because you hate getting blinded?

    Easy downs and hits on cocky survivors at pallets close range blind attempts and makes it so much fun watching a player dc because of it

  • I love Wraith. Personally I like to use Nurse's, Pop, Devour, and BBQ. Nurses is just soo good on wraith to help you catch survivors mid heal and get quick downs. Pop to control gens a bit. And then i run Devour because devour on wraith is scary and no one expects it. Then I top it off with extra BP and some info so i can get into my next chase away from the hook while i get stacks of Devour :)

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960967#Comment_1960967

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960953#Comment_1960953

    Lightborn doesn't stop wraith from getting burned out of cloak.

    are you guys just running it because you hate getting blinded?

    Ik it doesn't stop lightburn, and yes I run it because I HATE FLASHLIGHTS, so yeah

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960997#Comment_1960997

    "How is running around cloaked all the time going to win you chases against good survivors?"

    That's entirely the point, you aren't chasing.

    "Obviously, you'll eventually use up their resources. Which is why hit and run works well on Wraith."

    Against good survivors there are more than enough pallets to have the gens done before they run out.

    "But with SF/Enduring you can get a quicker down."

    That's IF they don't drop them early and they stun you with them....which they won't be once they see Enduring. They'll drop them just slightly early having your perks do nothing.

    "Not to mention, you can still spread the damage without Sloppy."

    Sloppy is guaranteed consistent slow down and pressure, specifically because you have the map pressure and stealth to go with it.

    It's also one perk slot, not 2.

    You and I obviously have a different point of view.

    I used to think the same way too not so long ago. But I started watching other really skilled people play and my perspective has changed some.

    If you're one of those killers who is really good in chases, Spirit Fury/Enduring is a good combo. Even if you only get to use the combo just a few times, sometimes that's all it takes.

    If you don't believe me you can try it yourself. Or watch one of the really good killer streamers play like Scott Jund.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961018#Comment_1961018

    You and I obviously have a different point of view.

    I used to think the same way too not so long ago. But I started watching other really skilled people play and my perspective has changed some.

    If you're one of those killers who is really good in chases, Spirit Fury/Enduring is a good combo. Even if you only get to use the combo just a few times, sometimes that's all it takes.

    If you don't believe me you can try it yourself. Or watch one of the really good killer streamers play like Scott Jund.

    Nobody is saying it isn’t a good combo, it’s just why would you use it on wraith. There’s so many other killers that use it a million times better.

    Wraith is probably the best hit and run character in the game if you don’t count hag. Why would you reduce him to an endfury character when you could be using Bubba, Myers, Billy etc who all just get a 1 shot down when it procs?

    It’s like coming in here and saying run endfury on trapper. Sure, it will probably still work, but his entire thing is area control and it doesn’t play to his kit.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1962779#Comment_1962779

    Nobody is saying it isn’t a good combo, it’s just why would you use it on wraith. There’s so many other killers that use it a million times better.

    Wraith is probably the best hit and run character in the game if you don’t count hag. Why would you reduce him to an endfury character when you could be using Bubba, Myers, Billy etc who all just get a 1 shot down when it procs?

    It’s like coming in here and saying run endfury on trapper. Sure, it will probably still work, but his entire thing is area control and it doesn’t play to his kit.

    Why would you compare Trapper (who has an anti-loop power) with Wraith (who is a chase-oriented killer)?

    Spirit Fury/Enduring is for killers who have to deal with pallets. It's not a complicated subject.