What music do you guys listen to while playing DBD?

I find myself listening to music box covers for songs it helps me calm down, especially when I play killer and the sound it soothing and unobtrusive to the gameplay.

Comments

  • Uh nothing. As a killer there's way to many audio ques for finding survivors. Even if I am casually grinding BPs like I often do, you are purposely handicapping your trials by playing music over the game.

  • I blast some Tupac when I'm playing survivor.
  • iceman2kx said:

    Uh nothing. As a killer there's way to many audio ques for finding survivors. Even if I am casually grinding BPs like I often do, you are purposely handicapping your trials by playing music over the game.


  • Nothing, I like the chase music though its nice
  • I actually listen to my own music, particularly this one song I wrote called
    “The sound of my friends bitching about gen rushing in the Discord call”.

  • Here you go TC ^_^
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A4VFqoRtF08


    If I'm solo usually chill music on spotify like synthwave, vapor wave, tomppabeats, lofi, etc.
  • @iceman2kx said:
    Uh nothing. As a killer there's way to many audio ques for finding survivors. Even if I am casually grinding BPs like I often do, you are purposely handicapping your trials by playing music over the game.

    that's why i do music box, there's nothing like it in the game and its typically so low volume that it doesn't affect anything

  • Whatever I add to my Spotify favorites.  It is mostly Rock, Grunge and Metal music.
  • Killer (specifically Mikey) - Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson

    Survivors - Gimme More by Britney Spears

    Don't question my preferences
  • Mostly Extreme Death Metal cuz it calms me down
  • Whatever I'm feeling like that day. I listen to a bit of everything and typically change the lyrics I'm singing along to match what I am doing in the game.

    Small tip, Bohediam Rapsody is EPIC when getting chased by a killer.
  • Curious how killers say that they can't afford to hear music while survivors blast all kinds of music. 
    Almost as if one side is constantly stressed and the other one has a relaxing match. 
  • @Tsulan said:
    Curious how killers say that they can't afford to hear music while survivors blast all kinds of music. 
    Almost as if one side is constantly stressed and the other one has a relaxing match. 
    Depends on your mind set and own play style. Some killers can do just fine without needing to constantly "stress" themselves over needing to hear everything, even at red ranks.

    I can listen to music easily as a survivor as long as it has no lyrics. However if it's billy, LF, nurse, or spirit then I can't do it because I need to hear their abilities. 


  • Nothing while playing DBD but sometimes during the lobby. Mostly Cannibal Corpse.
  • Oblitiry said:
    @Tsulan said:
    Curious how killers say that they can't afford to hear music while survivors blast all kinds of music. 
    Almost as if one side is constantly stressed and the other one has a relaxing match. 
    Depends on your mind set and own play style. Some killers can do just fine without needing to constantly "stress" themselves over needing to hear everything, even at red ranks.

    I can listen to music easily as a survivor as long as it has no lyrics. However if it's billy, LF, nurse, or spirit then I can't do it because I need to hear their abilities. 


    I absolutely agree that it comes down to play style and probably experience. I'll still have the volume of the game playing through my headphones, but quite low. Enough to hear the audio queues for both sides anyways.
  • I wish I could listen to the Halloween (Michael Myers) theme for every killer....and also pretty much non-stop throughout my day.

    Honestly, I challenge anyone to name ONE thing it doesn't go well with.
  • To no music. I want to hear the ingame sounds, another reason why i am not talking to anyone when i team up with a friend sometimes. 
  • I usually listen to Megadeath while playing as the killer. More specifically:

    • Peace Sells, But Who's Buying?
    • Killing is My Business

    As the survivor, my music tastes are honestly too random to list.

  • akbays35 said:

    I find myself listening to music box covers for songs it helps me calm down, especially when I play killer and the sound it soothing and unobtrusive to the gameplay.

    I can’t stand loud noises while playing that’s like the worst is when I’m playing swf and there’s that one guy with music blasting and you have no idea what’s going on
  • Tsulan said:
    Curious how killers say that they can't afford to hear music while survivors blast all kinds of music. 
    Almost as if one side is constantly stressed and the other one has a relaxing match. 
    That’s just an opinion and you know it, most survivors I know would never want that 
  • I listen to chase music while running in circles for 10 minutes.. 

    Ok for real now I don't listen to music while playing DBD. Would rather listen out for survivors as much as possible. 
  • @iceman2kx said:
    Uh nothing. As a killer there's way to many audio ques for finding survivors. Even if I am casually grinding BPs like I often do, you are purposely handicapping your trials by playing music over the game.

  • I don't.  I watch a video on YouTube or twitch while waiting on game to start but after that all in game sounds
  • Only as survivor, the game is easy enough that Iisten to music

  • I usually play a little bit of 'elevator music' when I'm camping with Leatherface to pass the time.

  • None. I want to be able to hear what's going on around me.

  • @Oblitiry said:
    Here you go TC ^_^

    If I'm solo usually chill music on spotify like synthwave, vapor wave, tomppabeats, lofi, etc.

    You are a absolutely scary person

  • I only play music in the lobby while I am waiting to get my pumped/in the mood, for example, the theme from Saw whenever I play Piggy

  • The sweet sound of the Huntress's humming.
  • While actually playing?
    Cause then i listen to whatever the game decides to play.

    In the main menu and lobby though, i got my own playlist consisting of about 400 songs, so that's too many to name.

  • Love me some Marina and the Diamonds while I'm spending blood points! Don't think I could play it in game, though. Regardless of whether I'm a killer or survivor I need to listen. Michael's asthma attacks have saved me more than once from getting pulled off a generator.

  • Usually if it's Myers I like to have "Don't Fear the Reaper" softly playing in the background.

  • Nothing i am listening for breathing or grunts of pain.

  • @Attackfrog said:
    I wish I could listen to the Halloween (Michael Myers) theme for every killer....and also pretty much non-stop throughout my day.

    Honestly, I challenge anyone to name ONE thing it doesn't go well with.

    having dieareah. I know I misspelled it

  • @TheDarkLycan said:

    @Attackfrog said:
    I wish I could listen to the Halloween (Michael Myers) theme for every killer....and also pretty much non-stop throughout my day.

    Honestly, I challenge anyone to name ONE thing it doesn't go well with.

    having dieareah. I know I misspelled it

    Sleeping. Can't sleep cause it plays continuously and every minute it switches between the loud version and normal version.

  • Myer’s Chase Music. It never gets old. 
  • @Cass said:

    @Oblitiry said:
    Here you go TC ^_^

    If I'm solo usually chill music on spotify like synthwave, vapor wave, tomppabeats, lofi, etc.

    You are a absolutely scary person

    How about now?

  • I still want to be able to disable the music, the DAYZ ambient tracks would make survivor-stealth panic inducing. 
  • When playing Killer I listen to DMX. XD
  • When playing Killer I listen to DMX. XD
    Where da hood at ear wreck everytime you initiate a chase with a survivor. Followed by an incredibly shaky screen and distorted audio. 

    Get on it devs. Tick tock. This man knows quality! 
  • When I'm playing killer, I put myself in an empty Discord channel and listen for the sounds of survivors breathing and whimpering.

    When I'm playing survivor, I listen to the sounds of my friends bitching because I'm playing DBD instead of Ark, GW2, 7DtD, or whatever they're playing at the time.
  • Esheon said:
    When I'm playing killer, I put myself in an empty Discord channel and listen for the sounds of survivors breathing and whimpering.

    When I'm playing survivor, I listen to the sounds of my friends bitching because I'm playing DBD instead of Ark, GW2, 7DtD, or whatever they're playing at the time.
    Your comment perfectly sums up the difficulty difference between survivor and killer. 
  • @FinLadd said:
    Mostly Extreme Death Metal cuz it calms me down

    I was going to comment on this but your name says it all.

  • @FinLadd said:
    Mostly Extreme Death Metal cuz it calms me down

    I was going to comment on this but your name says it all.

    You need to explain what you mean by that... Im confused

  • FinLadd said:

    @FinLadd said:
    Mostly Extreme Death Metal cuz it calms me down

    I was going to comment on this but your name says it all.

    You need to explain what you mean by that... Im confused

    Your name is so Finnish that I can hear you screaming ÄÅÄÅÄÅÄÅÄÅ at the Swedes.

    And as any good man knows, anything Scandinavian is synonymous with death metal.
  • I listen to meme music lmao cause its funny or like james bond theme song or mission impossible when im playing survivor only tho. Some meme songs i like are sandstorm, the pink panther theme, spanish flea (one of my fav's), crabvibe (from crab game) SONIC green trill zone (another fav) or can you feel the sunshine, among us drip song pretty fire too, Super mario bubblaine or sometimes tetris music is good. CANNOT FORGET Wii Music!!!!! Anyway its fun hiding from the killer or running while you have the james bond theme in the background makes me giggle. <3

  • BIBI (Bad, Sad, and Mad) when playing Killer and Somi (Birthday) when playng Survivor.

  • @LegoChest said:

    i listen to meme music lmao cause its funny or like james bond theme song or mission impossible when im playing survivor only tho. Song meme song i like are sandstorm, the pink panther theme, spanish flea (one of my fav's), crabvibe (from crab game) SONIC green trill zone (another fav) or can you feel the sunshine, among us drip song pretty fire too, Super mario bubblaine or sometimes tetris music is good. Anyway it fun hiding from the killer or running while you have the james bond theme in the background makes me giggle. <3

    Did you just necro.. A 3 year old post?

    A true legend.

‹ 1 2