Question for Pig mains

Yes, I'm referring to all 3 of you, with the except of one particular streamer because I already know the answer from him (spoiler: it's because he's a bad person).

Why do you all tunnel people with active head traps on?

Now, I'm not talking about being chased twice in a match tunneling. Nor am I referring to accidental tunneling where you've got so much momentum that you've lost track of who's just been hooked and who hasn't. I mean hardcore, will ignore other survivors bodyblocking you, level of tunneling. I mean going for nobody but you until you're dead level of tunneling. So, in other words, actual tunneling.

Like, from the perspective of a non-Pig main, it makes sense to chase other people, doesn't it? The people without active head traps will be the people repairing the generators, so why wouldn't you chase them down? Even if you just slug the person with a headtrap, you'd still get more value by chasing someone hat-less than one with a party hat, wouldn't it? You'd remove 2 people from generators temporarily instead of just 1.

And don't get me started on why they just re-hook you afterwards. Like, what's the point of the head trap if you're just going to ignore everyone else and only hook one survivor? The traps are there to help create pressure and slow down the game, so why are you killing the one person with them on?

It genuinely baffles me so if any Pig mains, or Pig players in general, can answer that question, I'd be very thankful.

Thanks.

Comments

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958663#Comment_1958663

    Really? If you're going to be condescending you could at least count the full number of farewells.

    Which seems to be just the one, which you just responded to. Before that it was the OP kindly asking you to stop, which you didn't, and before that was a big ol' nothing.

    You too? This is becoming overwhelming. I'm flattered :)

  • Personally I try to avoid people with traps on, though if they're full health and I happen to see them at a box I'll give them a tap just to set them back a little.

  • @jrinkwater said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957149#Comment_1957149

    Uh, ew. I didn't have an attitude and your jokes seem pretentious. So no thanks on your advice ;)

    Anyways.. addressing what actually matters in your reply... Oh wait... you didn't really say anything are clearly don't want a conversation. See ya

    Its still your own advice.. and trust me you do have one big ass attitude the amount of passive agression is worrying buddy, if you need someone Im here for you.. nothing personal, youre asking for attention and you got it so, congratulations. :)

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Yes, I'm referring to all 3 of you, with the except of one particular streamer because I already know the answer from him (spoiler: it's because he's a bad person).

    Why do you all tunnel people with active head traps on?

    Now, I'm not talking about being chased twice in a match tunneling. Nor am I referring to accidental tunneling where you've got so much momentum that you've lost track of who's just been hooked and who hasn't. I mean hardcore, will ignore other survivors bodyblocking you, level of tunneling. I mean going for nobody but you until you're dead level of tunneling. So, in other words, actual tunneling.

    Like, from the perspective of a non-Pig main, it makes sense to chase other people, doesn't it? The people without active head traps will be the people repairing the generators, so why wouldn't you chase them down? Even if you just slug the person with a headtrap, you'd still get more value by chasing someone hat-less than one with a party hat, wouldn't it? You'd remove 2 people from generators temporarily instead of just 1.

    And don't get me started on why they just re-hook you afterwards. Like, what's the point of the head trap if you're just going to ignore everyone else and only hook one survivor? The traps are there to help create pressure and slow down the game, so why are you killing the one person with them on?

    It genuinely baffles me so if any Pig mains, or Pig players in general, can answer that question, I'd be very thankful.

    Thanks.

    It really doesn’t make sense, the timer isn’t counting down while in a chase, or downed, or on a hook. However, if I notice a survivor has had the trap on for a bit, I will seek them out, and crouch follow to watch their face explode. So word of advice, if you’re wearing the hat, and being followed by a crouching pig, make sure you get that chase music, or you will die. Horribly. Face explosion.

  • If they're actually tunneling then they aren't a Pig main. Pig mains will chase you off boxes, yes, but not tunnel tunnel.

  • @jrinkwater said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1956900#Comment_1956900

    Pig is not OP or broken. In fact, pig is a bottom tier killer. Pig has many things against her...

    1. bad ambush mechanics. Sound triggers too late and the crouch into ambush is ungodly slow without add ons. Then you have your terror radius which takes time to disappear.
    2. RBT are extremely inconsistent. Most players have them off within 2 boxes and you are an M1 killer for the rest of the game. Which is why a lot of pig mains run endfury or other anti-looping builds because gen pressure is tough on this killer.

    Tunneling and slugging is not countering yourself (though I do not think killers should resort to it) and often leads to the 4K with pig. Of course, bad pigs will 3rd hook a hat wearer... but good pigs know when to stop. The only gen pressure we have is the hats. You can absolutely win the game without tunneling/slugging more times than not, but generally most tunneling with good pigs is SURVIVOR induced. It's just funny because it's hard to complain against pig when you have game design like Hag or oppressive zoners like PH and Demo. Because other killers can CONSISTENTLY overpower a survivor team whereas pig is again, dependent on the luck of hats staying on. (in red ranks I can tell you head pops rarely occur against any semi-decent team)

    It's pretty simple. If a killer wants to tunnel/camp just let them. Go power through gens. I can't tell you how many pig killers that aren't too good get the game over within 10 minutes when I and other teammates power gens and not try to save the person being tunneled constantly. Don't troll, body block, or leave objectives.

    Pig is probably the killer I've played the most, so I'm aware she isn't -really- OP or broken. I didn't mention slugging, I do that a lot as pig bc I'm naturally more aggressive with her for some reason, I'm mainly just commenting on the bizarre strategy of dropping chases with untrapped survivors to go after trapped ones (not chasing them off boxes, just in general) which as survivor I've seen a lot and which continues to make no sense to me whatsoever.

    And in response to another of your responses I will in fact boop your snoot whether you like it or not. My sweaty jake fingers will be going all the way in, right up to the knuckles.

  • The Pig is a hard Killer to be successful with consistently.


    One day I realised that if I tunnel the first trapped survivior and kill them quickly I end up killing more survivors and winning more games, which is fun for me and it makes me a better killer.

  • @Jaffycake said:

    The Pig is a hard Killer to be successful with consistently.

    One day I realised that if I tunnel the first trapped survivior and kill them quickly I end up killing more survivors and winning more games, which is fun for me and it makes me a better killer.

    But then what's the point in trapping them? The whole purpose of RBTs from my knowledge and what other Pig mains have said on this thread is to slow the game down by removing them from gens because they need to search boxes. So why then keep focusing on the one person who's not doing generators instead of the 3 that are?

    Also, if you want to tunnel that badly, why play Pig (one of the killera that benefit the most from spreading the damage instead of focusing a single target) and not, say, Pyramid Head, the one killer in the game who is the literal best at tunneling (unfortunately).

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1959412#Comment_1959412

    But then what's the point in trapping them? The whole purpose of RBTs from my knowledge and what other Pig mains have said on this thread is to slow the game down by removing them from gens because they need to search boxes. So why then keep focusing on the one person who's not doing generators instead of the 3 that are?

    Also, if you want to tunnel that badly, why play Pig (one of the killera that benefit the most from spreading the damage instead of focusing a single target) and not, say, Pyramid Head, the one killer in the game who is the literal best at tunneling (unfortunately).

    Trapping them stops them getting away because they always need to get the trap off. It also makes the victim exhausted and blind with the right addons which makes it easier to kill that survivor.

    I found that the traps don't slow the game enough, I think the trap removal time needs increasing to make The Pig more balanced.

    Killing one person quickly means that I don't get looped for ages only to hook one person and have to find a different for a total of like... 6 times before I finally get a complete kill.

    I don't want or not want to tunnel, I just play the game, have fun and win games.

    I don't have Pyramid head yet.

  • @Jaffycake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1959424#Comment_1959424

    Trapping them stops them getting away because they always need to get the trap off. It also makes the victim exhausted and blind with the right addons which makes it easier to kill that survivor.

    I found that the traps don't slow the game enough, I think the trap removal time needs increasing to make The Pig more balanced.

    Killing one person quickly means that I don't get looped for ages only to hook one person and have to find a different for a total of like... 6 times before I finally get a complete kill.

    I don't want or not want to tunnel, I just play the game, have fun and win games.

    I don't have Pyramid head yet.

    I guess that makes sense- from a non Pig player perspective have you thought about sticking on Jigsaw's Sketch or something to increase box number? I think it's Crate Of Gears that slows down searching time? That may help if you don't wanna tunnel cause you can increase the time they spend off gens travelling to boxes.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1959431#Comment_1959431

    I guess that makes sense- from a non Pig player perspective have you thought about sticking on Jigsaw's Sketch or something to increase box number? I think it's Crate Of Gears that slows down searching time? That may help if you don't wanna tunnel cause you can increase the time they spend off gens travelling to boxes.

    Tried everything with addons, The Pig just can't keep up. I got Rank 2 with the Pig (1 pip away from Rank 1) and I really enjoyed it, especially with the Make Your Choice, Pop and Surveillance combo which really forces the Pig to not tunnel and camp but in the end it is fighting a losing battle.


    I really would like the traps to take more time to remove so that it can actually slow down the game a lot more.


    It is just a difficult killer to consistently win with I think. If someone wins a lot of Pig games they can prob pickup any other killer and do better.


    I really like the pig though :'(


    I'm gonna go play some Pig now.

  • @Jaffycake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1959438#Comment_1959438

    Tried everything with addons, The Pig just can't keep up. I got Rank 2 with the Pig (1 pip away from Rank 1) and I really enjoyed it, especially with the Make Your Choice, Pop and Surveillance combo which really forces the Pig to not tunnel and camp but in the end it is fighting a losing battle.

    I really would like the traps to take more time to remove so that it can actually slow down the game a lot more.

    It is just a difficult killer to consistently win with I think. If someone wins a lot of Pig games they can prob pickup any other killer and do better.

    I really like the pig though :'(

    I'm gonna go play some Pig now.

    Good luck buddy :)

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Yes, I'm referring to all 3 of you, with the except of one particular streamer because I already know the answer from him (spoiler: it's because he's a bad person).

    Why do you all tunnel people with active head traps on?

    Now, I'm not talking about being chased twice in a match tunneling. Nor am I referring to accidental tunneling where you've got so much momentum that you've lost track of who's just been hooked and who hasn't. I mean hardcore, will ignore other survivors bodyblocking you, level of tunneling. I mean going for nobody but you until you're dead level of tunneling. So, in other words, actual tunneling.

    Like, from the perspective of a non-Pig main, it makes sense to chase other people, doesn't it? The people without active head traps will be the people repairing the generators, so why wouldn't you chase them down? Even if you just slug the person with a headtrap, you'd still get more value by chasing someone hat-less than one with a party hat, wouldn't it? You'd remove 2 people from generators temporarily instead of just 1.

    And don't get me started on why they just re-hook you afterwards. Like, what's the point of the head trap if you're just going to ignore everyone else and only hook one survivor? The traps are there to help create pressure and slow down the game, so why are you killing the one person with them on?

    It genuinely baffles me so if any Pig mains, or Pig players in general, can answer that question, I'd be very thankful.

    Thanks.

    A lot of people do that, they even go as far as to down someone else who is bodyblocking that person and then resume the chase without hooking...

  • @Jaffycake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1959438#Comment_1959438

    Tried everything with addons, The Pig just can't keep up. I got Rank 2 with the Pig (1 pip away from Rank 1) and I really enjoyed it, especially with the Make Your Choice, Pop and Surveillance combo which really forces the Pig to not tunnel and camp but in the end it is fighting a losing battle.

    I really would like the traps to take more time to remove so that it can actually slow down the game a lot more.

    It is just a difficult killer to consistently win with I think. If someone wins a lot of Pig games they can prob pickup any other killer and do better.

    I really like the pig though :'(

    I'm gonna go play some Pig now.

    Get em! Good hunting!!

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/228585/question-for-pig-mains

    A lot of people do that, they even go as far as to down someone else who is bodyblocking that person and then resume the chase without hooking...

    I'm well aware that lots of people do it, however it just seemed to be every Pig player, whilst it was just a percentage of other killers.

    It's probably because Pig isn't played all too much at red ranks, for obvious reasons.

  • Because these people do not know how to use the pig in a more strategic way, she has a lot of good addons to play in many different ways. unconsciously they believe that the weakest survivor is the one who carries the trap and that is all (good strategic), but that is pure and simple tunneling.

  • @Darkskies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957101#Comment_1957101

    Oh my all I can say is that as most my fellow pig mains have said I do not play this way or fathom why on earth you would.

    Do you know if your trap was the last one she had? That is the only thing I could think of that might of caused it but even that doesn't make sense to me.

    I wish I had answers for youas a pig main it makes me very sad when I read these types of posts.

    Please accept apologies and my boop I'll understand if you say no tho

    πŸ½πŸ’–

    #notallpigs

    It's these experiences that give all us Amandas a mixed rep. Sadface

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957736#Comment_1957736

    It's these experiences that give all us Amandas a mixed rep. Sadface

    Very true my beloved Oink friend

    I hope you are doing well also during these crazy times.

    Have things improved for you game play wise over on the xbox?

    πŸ·πŸ’–πŸ‘‰πŸ½πŸ’ž

  • @Darkskies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961301#Comment_1961301

    Very true my beloved Oink friend

    I hope you are doing well also during these crazy times.

    Have things improved for you game play wise over on the xbox?

    πŸ·πŸ’–πŸ‘‰πŸ½πŸ’ž

    Same frame drops as before, with the light sources on reworked maps now causing the same thing.

    Been playing only killer these past couple of weeks, cause you know...

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961783#Comment_1961783

    Same frame drops as before, with the light sources on reworked maps now causing the same thing.

    Been playing only killer these past couple of weeks, cause you know...

    Well it's your turn to test those surviours then for me πŸ·πŸ‘‘

    I barley play anymore due to just lack of support for us console players plus the constant down talking we get by streamers and fog whispers is unreal.

    Just feel like us console players are a burden to the game or get impression latley.

    πŸ˜”πŸ·

  • @Darkskies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961907#Comment_1961907

    Well it's your turn to test those surviours then for me πŸ·πŸ‘‘

    I barley play anymore due to just lack of support for us console players plus the constant down talking we get by streamers and fog whispers is unreal.

    Just feel like us console players are a burden to the game or get impression latley.

    πŸ˜”πŸ·

    If it makes you feel better an ex-fog whisperer was also a convicted pedo so I wouldn't hold their opinion in too high of a regard

  • @Darkskies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961907#Comment_1961907

    Well it's your turn to test those surviours then for me πŸ·πŸ‘‘

    I barley play anymore due to just lack of support for us console players plus the constant down talking we get by streamers and fog whispers is unreal.

    Just feel like us console players are a burden to the game or get impression latley.

    πŸ˜”πŸ·

    Although I'm on pc these days I haven't forgotten the console life. Still hoping for a last gen optimisation fix, along with a buff that makes the pig fly ✈️🐽

1 2 β€Ί