"Reviewing turning animation to better reflect the old animations"

@Peanits said:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HTQ80WBMD8JP/450nextsteps.png

Following the 4.5.0 update, we have been closely monitoring feedback on a few different key changes. Already we have begun making changes, and we would like to address as many as we can in one go.

HUD Update

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2UASMIV3Q3P0/wip2.png

Above is a work in progress preview of the changes we’ll be making to the HUD for the 4.5.2 update. Please note that this image is not final and could be subject to further tweaks and polish.

To summarize some of the most notable changes, we have:

  • Moved the Survivor statuses from the top left to the lower left
  • Lowered the hook counter
  • Moved the generator counter/objective to the lower left
  • Removed text from objectives
  • Added a separate scaling option for skill checks
  • Increased the size of bleedout and hook progress bars

We hope this addresses some of the concerns over the HUD being too spread out, as well as skill checks being difficult to see on lower scaling settings. The changes listed above are planned to appear in the 4.5.2 update. We are also working on more changes to the HUD which will appear in later updates, such as:

  • Changing status effects to avoid red-on-red
  • Increasing the visibility of Killer powers (e.g. Reverse Bear Trap timers, Doctor’s Madness, etc.)
  • Increasing the visibility of text on high resolutions

Survivor Locomotion

We are also reviewing feedback for the new Survivor animations. While the movement itself hasn’t changed, new animations and transitions can make your character feel different to control. We want this transition to be as smooth as possible, so we are looking into the following:

  • Removing camera position changes
  • Fixing some animation bugs
  • Reviewing turning animation to better reflect the old animations

We are tentatively planning to address some of these issues starting alongside the next Chapter. Please note that this is by no means a comprehensive list and we are still actively discussing feedback, including possible causes for motion sickness.

Hit Registration

Many of you have reported strange hits after the 4.5.0 update. You’re not alone, this is a high priority issue, and our team has identified a potential cause. We are aiming to have the fix ready for the 4.5.2 update.

We have also investigated an issue which would cause Killers to be teleported to the wrong side of the pallet. This issue will be fixed in the 4.5.2 update as well.

Miscellaneous

Finally, there are a few frequently reported issues that we’d like to cover before we sign off:

  • Losing pips in custom games: Fixed in 4.5.1
  • Missing collision on a structure in the Asylum map: Fixed in 4.5.1
  • Impassable areas in some maps: Fixed in 4.5.1
  • Losing pips even though you appear to have safety pipped: Fixed in 4.5.2 (this was a visual bug where the game would incorrectly show you a higher quality emblem that you actually earned)
  • Misleading collision on rubble piles surrounding the Asylum: Fixed in 4.5.2

Once again, please keep in mind that this is not an exhaustive list. We will include a full list of bug fixes alongside the respective updates.

We’d like to thank everyone who took the time to give constructive feedback and report issues from the 4.5.0 update. Please keep them coming!

The Dead by Daylight Team

Under "We are also reviewing feedback for the new Survivor animations. While the movement itself hasn’t changed, new animations and transitions can make your character feel different to control. We want this transition to be as smooth as possible, so we are looking into the following"

Please tell me this doesn't mean spinning is coming back. I'm really enjoying survivors not just randomly flailing around and taking off like a helicopter when they're about to get hit anymore.

Comments

  • yup thats exactly what it is. Bringing back 360s because survivors complained.

  • That layout is definitely an improvement to the current one. Credit where it's due.

  • You should consider getting better instead of whining about super easy stuff to counter.

  • Without the sharp turns I have not seen frame drops like I did before.

  • @Crypticghoul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/227672/news-4-5-0-next-steps

    Under "We are also reviewing feedback for the new Survivor animations. While the movement itself hasn’t changed, new animations and transitions can make your character feel different to control. We want this transition to be as smooth as possible, so we are looking into the following"

    Please tell me this doesn't mean spinning is coming back. I'm really enjoying survivors not just randomly flailing around and taking off like a helicopter when they're about to get hit anymore.

    I hope it does comeback, 360's are one of the only skillful things survivors can do to outplay their opponent.

  • @arslaN said:

    You should consider getting better instead of whining about super easy stuff to counter.

    Killers can say the same about spinning survivors. They should learn how to loop instead of relying on exploiting aim dressing and fps drops that allow them to teleport out of the killer's pov.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    yup thats exactly what it is. Bringing back 360s because survivors complained.

    Yeah, please do that. This patch is unplayable for survivor and killer has been easier than it's ever been.

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/227703/reviewing-turning-animation-to-better-reflect-the-old-animations

    I hope it does comeback, 360's are one of the only skillful things survivors can do to outplay their opponent.

    oh here we go again

    "skillful".......like is DBD the first online game many of you have ever played? you literally just wiggle your mouse/sticks and press a direction

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1947381#Comment_1947381

    Killers can say the same about spinning survivors. They should learn how to loop instead of relying on exploiting aim dressing and fps drops that allow them to teleport out of the killer's pov.

    There is nothing to "exploit" about aim dressing. If 360ing is hard to counter on consoles then they should focus on fixing it on there instead of getting rid of it entirely. If you get 360'd as a PC killer then it is %100 your fault.

  • I wouldn't mind it when a survivor is healthy or injured but spinning in circles on the floor was just stupid.

  • Didn't even though of that, I just though it meant survivors wouldn't be so predictable when trying to dodge hatches, chainsaws and etc. But yh, that probably brings 360s back

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/227703/reviewing-turning-animation-to-better-reflect-the-old-animations

    I hope it does comeback, 360's are one of the only skillful things survivors can do to outplay their opponent.

    I mean that stuff only works on last gen console, you could try to 360 me all day on PC but it’s not happening, it just look dumb.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1947387#Comment_1947387

    oh here we go again

    "skillful".......like is DBD the first online game many of you have ever played? you literally just wiggle your mouse/sticks and press a direction

    What about it? It makes the game fun and adds spice to chases. You're getting worked up over it for no reason lol.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1947381#Comment_1947381

    Killers can say the same about spinning survivors. They should learn how to loop instead of relying on exploiting aim dressing and fps drops that allow them to teleport out of the killer's pov.

    Or you can just back up and watch the survivor spin in a circle.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    yup thats exactly what it is. Bringing back 360s because survivors complained.

    I thought they know that 360's do not work vs good killers. what. The survivor animations are really good. its UI that everyone complains about. Like red on red UI? UI that appears in 4 different places on the screen? whoever did the UI is complete amateur. same with Clown balance. Survivor animation is like only good thing that came out of this entire update.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1947373#Comment_1947373

    I thought they know that 360's do not work vs good killers. what. The survivor animations are really good. its UI that everyone complains about. Like red on red UI? UI that appears in 4 different places on the screen? whoever did the UI is complete amateur. same with Clown balance. Survivor animation is like only good thing that came out of this entire update.

    To the Devs' credit, they're actually moving stuff to a more reasonable position.

    So I'm willing to... Let it slide this time, given their prompt response and open-ness about it.

  • The old turns just looked dumb you break your knee cap to turn at least this one it seems a bit reasonable

  • Were 360s really a problem? At most they work once and then you just wait.

  • @onemind said:

    The old turns just looked dumb you break your knee cap to turn at least this one it seems a bit reasonable

    Had no idea we were playing Life Simulator.....

  • I mean everyone is complaining about the animations I dont really care for those the only animation I've really cared for is the turn because I play huntress and watching the survivor turn into a tornado is just weird at least this seems natural and not like you are tied to something while quick turning

  • We're really going to cry about 360ing?? 😂 This is absolutely HILARIOUS. I never thought I'd find Killers that are THIS BAD at DbD where they'd have to cry about 360ing 😂 Like, MAJORITY... Not all... Maps are reworked to be Killer sided. Hell, there are soooo many dead zones on maps where that's the ONLY thing left to do is 360 😂 But someone said "Loop properly" lmao this is funny. You can't loop if it's a dead zone. This community is piuiful. Killer is at its all time easiest, and we get away with everything including 9 out of 10 bullshit hits. I'm literally playing Survivor just because I feel so bad about hitting people from 10 feet away

    With the current position this game is in... A toddler would still 4K at this point. I really don't understand how people are this bad at the game they'll cry about 360s hahahahahaha

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1947390#Comment_1947390

    There is nothing to "exploit" about aim dressing. If 360ing is hard to counter on consoles then they should focus on fixing it on there instead of getting rid of it entirely. If you get 360'd as a PC killer then it is %100 your fault.

    There is plenty to exploit about aim dressing. It literally forced your screen and swing in a direction instead of where you want to aim. It’s a bad system that should never have been in the game.

  • @HexSmolPP said:

    We're really going to cry about 360ing?? 😂 This is absolutely HILARIOUS. I never thought I'd find Killers that are THIS BAD at DbD where they'd have to cry about 360ing 😂 Like, MAJORITY... Not all... Maps are reworked to be Killer sided. Hell, there are soooo many dead zones on maps where that's the ONLY thing left to do is 360 😂 But someone said "Loop properly" lmao this is funny. You can't loop if it's a dead zone. This community is piuiful. Killer is at its all time easiest, and we get away with everything including 9 out of 10 bullshit hits. I'm literally playing Survivor just because I feel so bad about hitting people from 10 feet away

    With the current position this game is in... A toddler would still 4K at this point. I really don't understand how people are this bad at the game they'll cry about 360s hahahahahaha

    you say this but survivors have been crying about 360'ing the past few weeks so jokes on you.

    If you're caught in a dead zone you're MEANT to go down. How hard is this to understand? as survivor you have pallets and vaults to defend yourself with, and stealth. If you get seen, and you're out in the open, you go down. That's how the game is designed. Survivors just want it where they have an escape chance at every single opportunity.

    People aying they don't work against good killers isn't the point. Most survivors only want them so they can make a "sick" montage of inexperienced killers whiffing 20 hits in a row as the survivor circles round and round like a helicopter. Not enough killers in the game, queue times horrendous, but lets stop new players from wanting to continue playing the game sure makes sense.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1948287#Comment_1948287

    you say this but survivors have been crying about 360'ing the past few weeks so jokes on you.

    If you're caught in a dead zone you're MEANT to go down. How hard is this to understand? as survivor you have pallets and vaults to defend yourself with, and stealth. If you get seen, and you're out in the open, you go down. That's how the game is designed. Survivors just want it where they have an escape chance at every single opportunity.

    People aying they don't work against good killers isn't the point. Most survivors only want them so they can make a "sick" montage of inexperienced killers whiffing 20 hits in a row as the survivor circles round and round like a helicopter. Not enough killers in the game, queue times horrendous, but lets stop new players from wanting to continue playing the game sure makes sense.

    If you are in a dead zone, you should go down anyway because good killers don't really get 360'd :). Your point makes no sense because you said it yourself that 360ing doesn't work against good killers.

    Nobody really makes those montages anymore unless they seriously just derank to rank 20. I've seen even rank 15 killers that know how to deal with 360ing.

  • @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1947399#Comment_1947399

    There is plenty to exploit about aim dressing. It literally forced your screen and swing in a direction instead of where you want to aim. It’s a bad system that should never have been in the game.

    Those situations where aim dressing causes you to miss aren't that common and it usually happens during regular lunge hits, not when a survivor is 360ing. I can't remember the last time when I got 360d due to that (or when I last got 360d in general because like I said, it's extremely easy to counter).

    I understand what you mean anyway but using the word "exploit" suggests that survivors are doing something specific to cause aim dressing to mess up your hits which isn't the case at all. Aim dressing happens at mostly random.

  • So if 360’s dont work against good killers.....why are survivors screaming and crying to have them back? ;) there must be a reason why people would be fighting so hard to have a pointless feature back, no?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    So if 360’s dont work against good killers.....why are survivors screaming and crying to have them back? ;) there must be a reason why people would be fighting so hard to have a pointless feature back, no?

    Because while 360ing is not that effective at lunge hits, it is still more useful while dodging hatchet hits, billy's chainsaw, oni's hits and some other stuff but guess what? If the killer is really good then they can hit anyway. The turning changes affect more than just spinning. It makes survivor movement way less smooth and just more sluggish in general.

    It's skill based gameplay on both sides so it should stay. BHVR has already been driving away their veteran survivor players by releasing killers with little to no skillful counters (biggest example is deathslinger), this is just going to make more people leave. If most veteran survivor players are saying the changes are bad, then they are bad. They know the game way more than BHVR at this point.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1948867#Comment_1948867

    Because while 360ing is not that effective at lunge hits, it is still more useful while dodging hatchet hits, billy's chainsaw, oni's hits and some other stuff but guess what? If the killer is really good then they can hit anyway. The turning changes affect more than just spinning. It makes survivor movement way less smooth and just more sluggish in general.

    It's skill based gameplay on both sides so it should stay. BHVR has already been driving away their veteran survivor players by releasing killers with little to no skillful counters (biggest example is deathslinger), this is just going to make more people leave. If most veteran survivor players are saying the changes are bad, then they are bad. They know the game way more than BHVR at this point.

    old veteran players said infinites were good so.. should we have listened to them?

    Usually followed up with its the killers fault for not getting them before they reached it and just chase someone else.

  • Oh god imagine complaining about getting spun

  • I'm actually going to laugh my ass off if this doesn't bring back 360s and the survivor mains start complaining again. Skillful? That's a joke right? Exploiting bad fps and cluncky movement along with a terrible FoV isn't skillful, it's just an exploit dude, no different than the old method killers did to make you miss your DS skillcheck, oh right that got removed didn't it? Lol talking about getting good, what a joke.

  • I am happy that it is not possible to 360 anymore. It looks weird and is unrealistic movement (good luck to 360 in real life). Survivors should use pallets, windows and TLs to loop and mindgame the killer, not some weird glitches in the movement rotation.

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1947373#Comment_1947373

    Yeah, please do that. This patch is unplayable for survivor and killer has been easier than it's ever been.

    possibly the easiest literally since you can hit a survivor ont he other side of a large rock as if you phased right through it through the will of the speed force

  • @onemind said:

    The old turns just looked dumb you break your knee cap to turn at least this one it seems a bit reasonable

    but this is a video game, and it should be based around what is fun to play not 'realistic' to play, if we wanted to be realistic we could just kidnap a few coeds and play dead by morning for realsies in the middle of some wooded area not frequently paid attention to outside of if not even during hunting season. And ironically have a much better range of movement, even for the killer, without the limitations of the narrow band of rules coded into a game environment. And without enduring the chatbox afterward.

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/227703/reviewing-turning-animation-to-better-reflect-the-old-animations

    I hope it does comeback, 360's are one of the only skillful things survivors can do to outplay their opponent.

    Then probably you are not a good enough survivor yet if you say such things. Learn how to loop and mindgame.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1948638#Comment_1948638

    Those situations where aim dressing causes you to miss aren't that common and it usually happens during regular lunge hits, not when a survivor is 360ing. I can't remember the last time when I got 360d due to that (or when I last got 360d in general because like I said, it's extremely easy to counter).

    I understand what you mean anyway but using the word "exploit" suggests that survivors are doing something specific to cause aim dressing to mess up your hits which isn't the case at all. Aim dressing happens at mostly random.

    Well I politely disagree. I’ve 360’d killers, you just spin your sticks a bit and they miss. Its not very skillful in my eyes, it would be like saying bunny hopping in a fps is skillful.

  • Please being back 360s devs, how can we possibly be expected to play against last gen console killers and rank 17 wraiths without them

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1948891#Comment_1948891

    old veteran players said infinites were good so.. should we have listened to them?

    Usually followed up with its the killers fault for not getting them before they reached it and just chase someone else.

    No one ever said infinites are good.

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    I'm actually going to laugh my ass off if this doesn't bring back 360s and the survivor mains start complaining again. Skillful? That's a joke right? Exploiting bad fps and cluncky movement along with a terrible FoV isn't skillful, it's just an exploit dude, no different than the old method killers did to make you miss your DS skillcheck, oh right that got removed didn't it? Lol talking about getting good, what a joke.

    Neither of those were exploits and yes, get good.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1948855#Comment_1948855

    Well I politely disagree. I’ve 360’d killers, you just spin your sticks a bit and they miss. Its not very skillful in my eyes, it would be like saying bunny hopping in a fps is skillful.

    or good old dolphin dives ha ha you make a good point there

  • As a killer I can 360 hit so easily with my mouse. So survivor should still be able to. Was no reason to take it away. It’s a skill to do.

  • @fogdonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1947387#Comment_1947387

    Then probably you are not a good enough survivor yet if you say such things. Learn how to loop and mindgame.

    How am I not a good survivor for wanting to pull a cheeky trick on the killer?

  • @fogdonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1947387#Comment_1947387

    Then probably you are not a good enough survivor yet if you say such things. Learn how to loop and mindgame.

    Most people who can 360 DO already know how to loop and mindgame. I can loop and mindgame better than I can 360 (literally cannot 360) and I still want them back.

    Also, as far as killer goes, I literally cannot recall a single time I was ever 360'd. Maybe a couple of times when I was newer to the game and played on Switch??? But that was... the Switch LMAO

  • @indieeden7 said:

    I wouldn't mind it when a survivor is healthy or injured but spinning in circles on the floor was just stupid.

    You shut your mouth! Spinning on the floor was the best.

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1949022#Comment_1949022

    How am I not a good survivor for wanting to pull a cheeky trick on the killer?

    Then the question is if there should be such cheeky tricks like 360. You say yes, I say no. My reasoning is that 360 is unrealistic movement pattern, that's why it shouldn't be there.

  • @fogdonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1949324#Comment_1949324

    Then the question is if there should be such cheeky tricks like 360. You say yes, I say no. My reasoning is that 360 is unrealistic movement pattern, that's why it shouldn't be there.

    It doesn't matter if its unrealistic. DBD as a whole is unrealistic.

  • I'd agree with op if I hadn't already learned how to counter a 360 roughly 3 years ago.