I hope the Nurse's rework buffs her a bit

I was just in a watch against the Nurse and it ended in like...3 minutes with only one of us dead. I know people keep saying she's strong, but from what i've seen, she could use some work to make her easier to play.

Comments

  • Did they announce a rework or are you just talking about next time she gets looked at?

  • Are you referring to her MAP update?

  • They aren't updating her game play or anything like that, she is getting a graphical rework, just like the maps and all other killers/survivors are going to get it sooner or later as well.

  • She needs a quality/technical pass in the worst possible way, but not a buff.

  • All Nurse needs is her bugs fixed

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    They aren't updating her game play or anything like that, she is getting a graphical rework, just like the maps and all other killers/survivors are going to get it sooner or later as well.

    I know its just her appearance, i'm talking about her rework later, like how the other killers are being reworked

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    All she's getting is a graphical update.

    If she gets an actual power rework there's nothing there at the moment. She serves as the sweat-lords idol for now. Something to be achieved, high skill-cap and skill base.

    Nothing there for the Huntress either, but thats still being done

  • I've seen some amazing skilled plays with her since cross play was introduced. Unfortunately some of those top level plays can't be reproduced by console players as they require the flick technique to pull off. Hopefully somewhere down the line they can address the performance limitations so we can all see better nurses more frequently. I find high level nurses provide much more challenging and entertaining games.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    She doesn't need any buffs.

    The Nurse is undoubtly the best killer in the game. Although she comes with the highest skill cap. She's very difficult to master but when played right, will completely destroy a good survivor team.

    To me, she's not what i would call 'the best', she's painfully slow and her ability is a bit too hard to to use at times, she sometimes gets stuck or you end up in the wrong place. I just think Nurse is a bit too difficult, especially for newer players, and the devs should think about lowering that difficulty

  • was I the nurse? this sounds like my nurse games...

    I got brutal with her today and went "hey, that's an improvement!"


    aahh... I'm never getting her adept ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ญ

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    was I the nurse? this sounds like my nurse games...

    I got brutal with her today and went "hey, that's an improvement!"

    aahh... I'm never getting her adept ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ญ

    The addons i used to get it were 'the brown one that lets you see where your blinking to', and 'the green bottle that lest you move faster after a blink hit', then its about finding a team that look simple and not SWF, 'ei avoid teams that come in all together, keys, more than one touch. And you'll know if their toxic by the strange outfits they wear. meaning If you see something like a Neon Nea, run for it'

    Having said this, i'm not saying Nurse is completely unplayable, i just think she could use some work

  • @Nazeef13 said:

    Nurse still has no chase counterplay at the skill ceiling so there is no need to buff her.

    Maybe Buff was the wrong word, what i meant was a small rework to make her more playable

  • @Frontdoor6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1927727#Comment_1927727

    The addons i used to get it were 'the brown one that lets you see where your blinking to', and 'the green bottle that lest you move faster after a blink hit', then its about finding a team that look simple and not SWF, 'ei avoid teams that come in all together, keys, more than one touch. And you'll know if their toxic by the strange outfits they wear. meaning If you see something like a Neon Nea, run for it'

    Having said this, i'm not saying Nurse is completely unplayable, i just think she could use some work

    were you on console aswell?

    I love the idea of getting nurse's adept by using the thing that removes her power... XD

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1927724#Comment_1927724

    I don't mean to sound rude but this just means that you aren't an experienced enough Nurse player.

    Making her easier for newer players to grasp would only make her far too powerful in the hands of a good Nurse player.

    Hmm... Kinda like how they usually do for Survivors? They nerfed ruin was because it was "too hard" for newer players, but made Nurse so hard to play that newer players can't even grasp her power. 99% of nurse players are old players who stuck with her. There are no new nurse players because she's too inaccessible to newer players.


    That logic don't apply to killers tho. No disrespect...

  • She doesn't need a buff; if they fix that massive amount of bugs she has that would be enough of a buff. Right now as strong as she is, she's just insanely broken. And not in a good way.

  • If they can fix all of her bugs she'll be back to being known as "the best"

    To me she's more risk/reward then any other killer in the game

    Yea I've had good matches and bad matches with her

    Also learning her takes forever and a day... a lot of players don't have that kind of time or patience

  • @Frontdoor6 said:

    I was just in a watch against the Nurse and it ended in like...3 minutes with only one of us dead. I know people keep saying she's strong, but from what i've seen, she could use some work to make her easier to play.

    there's really nothing wrong with a high skill requiring character or two in a game, so long as those characters' maximum potential is not too much higher than any other characters in the game. some people prefer the higher skill requiring characters for many reasons. so she is probably fine as is since once she's in good hands she works and there's plenty of easier killers to use that aren't too bad. I don't really use her myself since I don't wanna make dbd apart-time job, but, she seems fine in skilled hands.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1927736#Comment_1927736

    were you on console aswell?

    I love the idea of getting nurse's adept by using the thing that removes her power... XD

    Yeah, i was

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1927724#Comment_1927724

    I don't mean to sound rude but this just means that you aren't an experienced enough Nurse player.

    Making her easier for newer players to grasp would only make her far too powerful in the hands of a good Nurse player.

    I'm not a Nurse main, no. But what i'm saying is that anyone can play any of the other killers, but Nurse is the most frustrating out of all of them. If you've seen the rates the Devs release sometime, you'll usually find Nurse as one of the least played killers, this is probably because Nurse is too hard

  • I'd be fine with them fixing the bugs on some maps and the bugs that she's had for years now.

  • She's literally the strongest killer in the game.

    I can definitely understand wanting her to be more accessible to play though, but to do that I think they'd have to make drastic changes to her kit; which I doubt are coming.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    All she's getting is a graphical update.

    If she gets an actual power rework there's nothing there at the moment. She serves as the sweat-lords idol for now. Something to be achieved, high skill-cap and skill base.

    never understood why people call Nurses player sweaty. When she had 5 blinks i could understand but after her rework she is definitly strong but just overall a really fun killer to play AS and AGAINST.

  • She is by far the strongest killer in the game. BUT she has a huge skill cap. To be effective with Nurse it requires a ton of practice. So I understand that by mere kill statistic nurse is one of the killers with the worst kill ratio. But if one masters her, than hell is let loose and survs get destroyed.

    And I dont think she needs a rework as she is fine the way she is. And it is always enjoyable to watch skilled Nurses demolishing even good survivor teams.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1927757#Comment_1927757

    Hex: Ruin was changed (not "nerfed" might I add) because it massively punished new players while having virtually no impact on experienced ones. The perk was designed in such a way that it pretty much only penalised those inexperienced at the game which resulted in frustrated players and a perk that was redundant in the high ranks.

    If you were playing against survivors who can regularly hit great skill checks, Ruin was easily superseded by Corrupt Intervention, Pop Goes The Weasel etc. This isn't a matter of "the developers care more about survivors than killers", it's just good game design. A perk should have utility regardless of the rank at which it is equipped. Some slight variation depending on player experience is to be expected. Although driving new players away from the game and at worst mildly inconveniencing old players is terrible perk design.

    The Nurse isn't "inaccessible" to new players, she's inaccessible to those who aren't going to dedicate a large amount of time to learn how to properly utilise her power. It's entirely possible for new players to pick up Nurse and become good with her. I'd argue it's even easier now that she actually has some decent add-ons.

    My statement stands.


    By your logic, nurse just requires great practice right? Guess what? SO DID GREAT SKILL CHECKS. You fail and fail until you git gud and can hit them. The same logic still applies with Nurse. Only difference is, ruin was NERFED to accommodate low levels. Nurse was NERFED and it made it harder to grasp her.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1927757#Comment_1927757

    Hex: Ruin was changed (not "nerfed" might I add) because it massively punished new players while having virtually no impact on experienced ones. The perk was designed in such a way that it pretty much only penalised those inexperienced at the game which resulted in frustrated players and a perk that was redundant in the high ranks.

    If you were playing against survivors who can regularly hit great skill checks, Ruin was easily superseded by Corrupt Intervention, Pop Goes The Weasel etc. This isn't a matter of "the developers care more about survivors than killers", it's just good game design. A perk should have utility regardless of the rank at which it is equipped. Some slight variation depending on player experience is to be expected. Although driving new players away from the game and at worst mildly inconveniencing old players is terrible perk design.

    The Nurse isn't "inaccessible" to new players, she's inaccessible to those who aren't going to dedicate a large amount of time to learn how to properly utilise her power. It's entirely possible for new players to pick up Nurse and become good with her. I'd argue it's even easier now that she actually has some decent add-ons.

    Not on Console ๐Ÿ˜‘

  • Nurse = Skill. Thats all!

    You can't play her just for fun like other Killers. Tell me if iam wrong, but for me the Nurse is the only Killer in DbD that you have to Master.

  • @IsJustMe said:

    Nurse = Skill. Thats all!

    You can't play her just for fun like other Killers. Tell me if iam wrong, but for me the Nurse is the only Killer in DbD that you have to Master.

    Blight, Trapper, Wraith (less so). these killers (and probably a couple i've forgotten) have potential that is only unlocked by being a master at that character (less so blight as his higher end starts at 180 flicks and general master rush prediction). But Trapper's skill ceiling is nearly as high as Nurse's, requiring insane foresight and very careful survivor control and pressure. Wraith is nowhere near as complex as blight nurse or trapper but he also requires a lot of foresight and should be mastered to get value out of him.

    (im not trying to argue with you she does have the highest skill ceiling, but other killers also requiring mastering to get actual value)

  • @Frontdoor6 said:

    I was just in a watch against the Nurse and it ended in like...3 minutes with only one of us dead. I know people keep saying she's strong, but from what i've seen, she could use some work to make her easier to play.

    They're reworking nurse again?

    That'll happen when pigs fly.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1928098#Comment_1928098

    Your statement does not stand; it's false equivalence.

    One perk does not equate to a killer power. If you fail to see how the two examples you're comparing just aren't at all similar there's nothing more I can tell you.

    The statement stands. Make her more accessible to the noobs.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1927927#Comment_1927927

    She's the strongest killer provided you put in the work to get good at her.

    "anyone" cannot simply pick up any of the other killers and just be good at them. All of the killers require practice. The difference between most killers and Nurse is the degree of practice needed. She has the potential to be incredibly strong, this strength that shouldn't just be handed to players. You should, and do, have to work to be a good Nurse.

    If people aren't willing to dedicate the time to learn her then that is an issue with them, not The Nurse.

    You're right when you say every player needs to practice with every killer, but i just feel the Nurse requires too much than needed