Claudette's Love Interest
I just made this thread so that poor @Gonzalo 's thread doesn't keep getting derailed.
I personally support the idea of Claudette and Jake Park being romantic partners (# CAKE) as their skills and roles work well together, arguably synergizing better than any other survivor combinations. Jake Park will keep his allies off the hooks while Claudette keeps them off of the floor. Due to the perks, Iron Will and Calm Spirit Jake can save his heal points for Claudette safely while also having a decent guardian power as well. Jake can lead killers away from her as the Saboteur is more dangerous than the Medic. Not to mention that Jake's perks like Iron Will and Calm Spirit complement Claudette's need to remain free from pressure while Empathy and Self-Care help Jake support his allies while roaming the map. Due to these reasons, I support and encourage this pairing.
Does anyone else agree or disagree with the #CAKE ship?
Comments
Sounds good to me I'll support it. It's like they were made for each other
NO WAY. Adam Francis and Claudette are so meant to be! ''#Cake" is nothing more than a optical illusion, don't get fooled folks.
Just to clarify it btw, I dont find them fitting because they have the same skin color but because their personalities seem to fit together.
Adam Francis and Claudette Morel forever and nobody can get between the two on my watch
"#CAKE" sounds sweeter then "#CADAM". Besides, where's the synergy? As stated earlier, Jake can deny hooks and Claudette can deny the slugs, this makes them a working couple. On top of this since Jake's Sabotages can really mess up a killer this gives him the ability to lead the killer away from Claudette which in turn makes her time in the fog easier and more enjoyable. Meanwhile, with "#CAD" Claudette heals and Adam, is there too I guess? Claudette is a superior healer than Adam in every way so his perk Autodidact gets countered by his partner. Sure Adam can unhook himself, but immediately after the self-unhook, he can't be healed by anyone so I suppose he could save himself for Claudette, but he groans loudly (unlike Jake with his Iron Will) so he could be found before his "lover" can heal him. Finally, there's Deliverance. If the killer actually follows Adam over Claudette in a chase he may actually be dense. Sure, you'll want to hook Adam first at the beginning to deny Deliverance. But after that? His unique ability is throwing a rock 20 meters after lurking near the killer. I mean, that might come in handy if he and Claudette were "enjoying each other's company" and they wanted the killer to go stay away, but that perk takes so long to actually function. Even then, that buys you maybe 5 seconds, definitely no more than 10 seconds. Overall Adam is just, sad. The most romantic thing he could arguably do is wrap Claudette up in his trench coat as he holds her, that's it.
Meanwhile, Jake Park can just remove all of the hooks on one side of the map and they can have 3 minutes in heaven while the hooks regenerate. Plus all of my earlier statements.
Also David X Dwight. They could work together such as Dwight wanting to prove himself to David but David keeps Dwight away because if he gets caught so does Dwight. They would look good together too and if not that than at least maybe a bromance
Well damn you got me, I haven't got anything to reply to that xD Still stick with my choice
Anyway, I can respect your head Canon as there is some potential for it. Not to mention a seemingly endless number of Claudettes. And Adam wrapping his coat around her will probably be in some fan art in the future. I just found it odd that you ship the pebble thrower (almost worthless) with the healer (incredibly important).
Because love doesn't know limits like this. It's just happens when it's the least expected
nope nea and claudete along with meg in a poly relationship. they sometimes invite jake park over to um "participate"
Cake!!
I very much agree with this ship.
I don't think Adam and Claudette makes much sense. They don't really have anything in common, or anything that synergises them
where is the throw up emoji when you need it
haha lol i was only kidding
Don't actually like idea of shipping in dbd in the first place. Survivors terrified, since they always being hunted. They slowly losing hope, since no rest and escape for them. In short moments of silence near campfire they probably healing their wounds, or just sit there without speaking a word. Cause, most likely they saw how others, not so lucky ones were killed again and again. Or, maybe, they trying to forget the feeling of being chainsawed in half. Or, they turning around and trying to avoid eyecontact with person, who they left behind in previous trial, since they were to scared.
What Iam trying to say, they don't have freakin time or mood for this! Calm down, shippers.
Edit: fixed some random mistypes
Survivors lorewise are complete strangers to eachother. As Mathieu said, they don't even met prior now. They helping each other not because some bonds, which you instill. They helping each other because there is still something human left in them, they can't just simply watch how other people dying and suffering. Because its freakin wrong to just ignore this stuff after all.
According to all this stuff with different realms and killers, I also think that there are multiple campfires. This actually could be proved easily enough, since you can see it beyond every of 2 gates at the end. Not to mention that time in Entity realm works differently and its possible to encounter another version of yourself during trials. So, this whole thing with long-term relationships is bullshit.
Many long lasting relationships make no sense. It's all about strength, will and sustain.
I don't care to much about shipping but Min and Kate are the otp
Jake is too individualistic for Claudette, he literally went living in the woods to avoid social responsibilities.
TheCakeIsALie
Wait a second, if Jake is so individualisric, then why does he grab Claudette's hand and drag her to the generator in the intro? If he really wants to be alone he was fully capable of running away, ditching her, or gesturing for her to leave.
Well, he needs her to repair the gen faster. If you notice Claudette tried to go back to help Meg, but he just wanted to repair the gen and get out.
No, they do. And literally to me Claudette and Adam fit together as well as Claudette and David (King) or Quentin. They have nothing in common. Nothing that would make their relationship somewhat dynamic. While Claudette and Jake do.
I mean one of Jake's perks is saboteur. Which is a perk that prevents his teammates from being put on hooks. I don't think he is too individualistic to be with Claudette.
I always thought he would sabotage to not get hooked himself. Nothing in his lore/perks suggest his an altruistic guy. Not saying he can't be, but I think he is very individualistic.
what did i just read
brutal strength and iron will
He can't really sabo to prevent being hooked himself effectively as the perk can be used to save others. Again, 2 out of 3 perks are for him only. Still don't think he is that individualistic.
I like that ship! Also because of their personalities. I'm all up to ships where the characters can help give a solution to their flaws. Like Jake -to me, he kind of looks like someone who would let you die to survive himself if the situation is too dangerous. Meanwhile, Claudette is ride or die. She will save without thinking twice about it most likely, at least that was what it looked like in the trailer. Jake can teach Claudette that sometimes it's not worth it and Claudette can make Jake become more empathetic. Development is needed, though. Also Jake likes to be alone and Claudette likes to be alone too. They're prob that kind of couple that sits leaning against each other but each one is doing a different thing and they don't need to be talking 24/7. Being alone living in the forest, with tons of space for plants? 10/10 for both of them.
Though if we're being real Quentin is probably still hoping to get out of the entity's realm and find Nancy.
I am superficial though, Jake is cute and Quentin isn't
You know it wink
oh god i just said the two perks that I heard now i shall pallet loop a hag thanks my dude
Please no, hag is a good girl
Jake has fleshlights
Match made in heaven.
pallet loop intensifies
OMG Shipping Characters ok, Sure makes more sense than most of the stuff on the forum.
As long as no one gets in the way of Detective Thomas, then i am fine. Don't care for the rest.
Naw...Dwight seems like to much of a wussy. Stop biting your nails bro, you're fine
Idk I think they would look kinda cute together either way.
Claudette and Jake? I think I'm going to throw up.
It's lot better than the other alternatives like Jake and Laurie. May the Entity help you if encounter Claudette and David.
How are they going to kiss or whisper sweet nothings to eachother when Jake always has an RBT on his head?
*BEEP BEEP BEEP, SNAP*
D A R N
In all seriousness the traps do nothing more than waste time. So unless Amanda just braindeadly tunnels Jake he'll get the trap off.
sigh At this point, I think you know me too well.
The only love interests she has are the hatch, the purple flashlight, and Decisive Strike.
I only see her aura when I'm on the hook and it turns out she's been hiding at the back of the map all game waiting on the rest of us to die so she can get the hatch.
Love Claudette players