Make The Spirit a playable killer maybe? [Long]
Hi. I've played The Spirit quite a bit now and could make her prestige 3 right now.
I was wondering if she was going to ever be a playable and viable killer in the future. Normal survivors already know how to counter her since this is her 2nd week after release and she's already underperforming because of the limits the ''smart'' devs gave her.
She SHOULD be able to always see blood marks or survivors while in the spirit or the phase mode. The fact that she can't, makes her way too limited because it's way too easy to loop around her due to the extra static sound the ''smart'' devs added to her kit.
Her power should be usable as a baseline even when charging since it takes too long to get her power. I get it, ''it has a certain risk to using her '''powerfull'' power'' but this is plain crap. They have to increase the base duration and recharge time a lot or make it usable while charging.
I don't really have a problem with her base movement speed. Her perks are alright-ish I guess. They don't need any real buffs or nerfs but they sound a lot stronger than they actually are.
I already said at the start in the ptb that she's ######### and I also said that she'd get countered after one week of release and I was so right.
I get that they made this killer for rank 21 survivors since they didn't want the same that happened to Freddy happen to The Spirit. For crying out loud, even survivors are calling her balanced. That hasn't even once happened in Dead by Daylight until after Freddy was nerfed to the ground.
All in all, her weakness is her ######### designed power. I like the idea, but the way it's been put into action is pretty, um, (I'll be nice) dumb.
Yes, I play survivor as well and played vs the Spirit, even tho it's only been like 4 matches because no sane person at rank 1 would try to actually play her to win.
I am a rank 1 killer and used to be a rank 1 survivor but don't like the fact that survivor doesn't require any skill.
I have over 1000 hrs so please don't tell me to get a few extra hrs or whatever someone can come up with.
Just reach rank and say goodbye to ever seeing The Spirit again.
Comments
Forgot to say that I am open to suggestions and/or other ideas on how to make The Spirit a stronger killer in general so she would be playable in rank 1 as well.
so do you thing devs are "smart"?
I've been facing a lot of Spirits at rank 1 and she generally gets 2-4 with 4k being a high % of the time unless it's someone new to her or trying to depip. The people that say she's trash just don't know how to use her to her fullest really.
Some spirits are even branching out and doing with lots of different builds. Monto has a evil build that gets hm 4k. I've seen fast 4k games for her since she's so unpredictable despite people saying she was.
Guys. As I already said. This is all because it's been her first week and the start of her 2nd week. And I said, normal survivors. Nowadays almost all survivors even in rank 1 are scrubs to be quite honest.
Wait so now it's almost all survivors are scrubs at rank 1 is the excuse for killers doing well and not because the killer has actual skills.
In one thread
Survivor mains --> There are good killers who can 4k consistently at high ranks.
Killer mains --> It is because all survivors are boosted and scrubs.
Then in another thread
Killer mains --> The game is unplayable at high ranks because survivors can easily pallet loop and gen rush.
Still, I don't think personal accounts mean much tbh. As a survivor, I have faced many spirits at high ranks and they were all terrible. Except for one, who camped ant tunneled btw, none of them got 4k.
Leatherface and the spirit are the two killers that make me relax as soon as I see them. I think she needs buff but if you are against the idea, rather than pointing out your personal experience, trying to refute what is provided is better imo.
Stating that, I don't support OP's buffs and changes.
This made me a laugh because you pointed out the double speak about how the arguments go from 1 thread to another.
While I agree personal experiences can't be the sole valid point which is ironic since killer mains use that all the time it can tell how your games go. I've also faced some really horrible spirits but the same is true for other killers as well.
I also agree the changes are ahem not viable ideas.
As far as no sane killer would play her wait what, people are playing ehr a lot, and like Freddy those that know how to get the most do well with them.
I have yet to see my 5th Spirit in 2 weeks of playtime... That's the frequency of Spirit players. I am not a killer main, I am just leaning a bit more to their side. I also play survivor plenty so don't refer to me as a killer main thank you very much.
I do agree with you and of course she doesn't need to see survivors but at least seeing blood as a baseline would be reasonable. A friend of mine hasn't even played vs The Spirit once since release. Normally a new killer would be in all lobbies after the release for at least a whole week. That means something.
She's amazing when chasing an injured survivor. Their moans give them away when your in phase and you can mind game the crap out of pallets. I say she's balanced. I've only truly lost one game since I've started using her. If you are only going for sneak attacks or gen pulls, try the Pig with Combat Straps. Still want blood as a baseline
I mentioned killers mains as a general and what rank are you at because at rank 1 she's the top played killer right now in my matches.
She really need a buff, i are agree with u
Rank 1. On PC. Steam of course xD I'm not seeing her.
Which region because NA is pretty much her at rank 1 since launch now.
You just don’t know how to use her properly....
I mean pretty much right? Or does that mean all killers suck at her? Even the ones who are good? You're saying she's fine yet say all of you get away.
They gave her a teenie tiny buff which helps the risk factor a bit I guess but doesn't boost her stats overall. Her own perks are pretty bad on her and the fact that she has a sound when getting near survivors is plain #########...
The Steam region doesn't matter anymore. They made sure it doesn't. I get matched with people in NA, Asia, and Europe. So NA Steam region does not change who you get since they got rid of that doing it.
She should have a bigger terror radius and faster movement speed. She probably needs a touch longer phase walk duration and she is too loud and can be heard really easily.
So a killer should only be good with a set kind of perk? Sounds like a weak killer to me...
Even Michael can hold up without perks. Freddy could do it maybe. Spirit is just a good idea, implemented in the wrong way
While I agree with most of your points, making her terror radius bigger just alerts the killer that already alerts them with a static sound, so that wouldn't be a buff
I know that she is unbalanced because she is predictable and her terror radius does matter so you can at least come towards them as a surprise and not in a 32 radius
The spirit is very much playable, but she feels very restricted and unrewarding, wich is why i myself don't enjoy playing her at high ranks and so many others i think, so she could definately need some adjustment, the one thing i feel she 100% need is being able to use her power whenever she has some juice in her power bar, the wait time is killing her potential and makes her quite unfun to play.
That being said, she is also one of the most fun and frustrating killers to play i feel. With emphasis on frustrating.
Give her these QoL buffs and she's good to go.
I think shes high mid tier but in the right hands can perform very well. I've also messaged and had conversations with survivors I've faced and everyone of them thinks shes OP. Maybe it's because she is so new, but I do believe she needs a couple small changes. If the changes are to drastic she could easily be BROKEN.
Being able to use PW at any point you have meter would be great. You would still need to manage your power correctly to get any real use out of it.
Blood being visible without the most expensive add on should be her base kit. It's already hard enough to land the first hit, especially if you used your power to get the 1sr hit. At least reward us with better tracking.
PW speed, PW activation time, PW reappearance time all need to be slightly faster nothing crazy. And PW reappearance time should be shorter as well
I've been seeing Spirits use Distressing which is just a facepalm move and once you talk it over with them they realize it's a bad choice on her and stop using it. Now there's quite a few running M&A, Nurses and stridor on her.
If you want every killer to be on the same leveo with each other, let's just give them all exactly same abilities. Its a fact with all games with playable characters with different skills that some of them just have to be worse than others.
I've seen many spirit players myself. Haven't played her much but against her quite a lot recently (rank 5 survivor, killer main) and I'd say that there's nothing wrong with her. Yes, she's not as good as some other killers but she's not unpalyable either. And most importantly, she's fun to play.
If game makers start to buff characters because some others are better, it just ends in an endless loop of buffing as there's no way that a bunch of characters with completely different abilities and play styles can all be on the same line.
And if course, as it had only been so little time since her release, you'll have to also understand the fact that ppl are still learning the best ways to use her and searching for the best combination of perks and add ons to mold her just like they like her
Basically all the buffs I mentioned as well.
More like survivors are getting used to her and she's gonna be even more unplayable in a month. Mark my words xD. She is not strong. She is only decent when using add-ons and perks. A killer shouldn't be add-on or perk dependant to get at least 2 kills. And getting insta saves and then being blamed for ''camping'' is not fun. She is only fun to play when the tracks are on point and she gets stronger due to buffs, which I hope they will add.
Can you please create a guide/show gameplay such that noobs like us can learn from you how to use spirit against competent SWF
Do your need your diapers changed?
Please change your own diapers... They're nasty. And please don't be a cocky lil specky #########
She is ok if players in the red ranks play her and are still pipping. I'm not sure how much they need to buff killers to overcome a lack of experience playing the character.
Actually, it does. I reacted to your comment in a way that makes you look like a smartass. Because you are xD
That's what they did to killers, just opposite of that. They made killers weak to overcome a lack of experience of survivors. Literally how it went. Look at Freddy and almost all killer perks.
Please tell me you don't really believe that.
So you are ignorant? I see. That's quite typical so I won't judge you.
The developers did a pretty go job so far on decreasing her CD to 15 seconds. However I wanna see her get back 50% of her power when she attacks someone right after she leaves her Phase, this will award good Spirits but punish bad Spirits.
She is about to dissapear from the game already. I rarely verse her anymore. In a month or two beginner players wont even know that she exists, just like clown^^
Where did they say that? I don't remember reading that.