I just don't care anymore at this point.

The fact that they have, once again, REFUSED to change DS or OoO is ######### outlandish, and yet not even 6 months after release undying got nerfed into the ######### ground just shows that they don't care. They need more survivors to play the game, so they refuse to fix things that killers have been complaining about for years, because they just don't care anymore. Keys are still a thing despite moris being nerfed into literal uselessness, and there is no update on when or IF keys will be changed. Yes, ruin undying was too powerful, I agree with that. but guess what else is powerful? Medkits, DS unbreakable, OoO with SWF teams, gen speeds at the state they are at, map offerings, keys, dead hard, borrowed time, and so much more. I honestly don't care at this point. I've just given up hope that this game will ever be balanced, so I now no longer feel ashamed of playing like a #########, because if I actually play nice and take peoples fun into account, I'm going to lose. Also, this joke of a clown rework and wraith buff is just sad. wraith needed a movement speed buff along with the invisibility, and the "afterpiece antidote" seems incredibly underwhelming and not helpful. the reload speed buff is nice though. I'm sorry for ranting, I just feel like I have lost hope for this game at this point. I love this game, I really do, and seeing it go the route its going makes me so sad.

Comments

  • and keys are still here

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1862232#Comment_1862232

    It´s a difference between having an approximate information vs realtime wallhacks. I agree with your second statement, but extremely broken outliers need to be addressed to keep the game playable vs a skilled 4 man, too.

    The more you nerf a top SWF, the worse it gets for an average team, which BTW never wins.

  • This is just my opinion but;

    If you use DS, you're just like Dead Hard players who rely on something to save them/fix their mistakes. You're not a good player.

    If you use DS, UB and DH, you're a horrible player and your rank is probably not justified. If you're using these 3 at red ranks, its just sad.

    Carry on.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1862237#Comment_1862237

    The more you nerf a top SWF, the worse it gets for an average team, which BTW never wins.

    Not in the case of Object since solos and average teams dont use it because they can´t capitalise as much on it. Balancing Object has literally 0 effect on them other than lessen the cases where they get themselves killed trying to be little smartasses.

    Edit: Average teams win, a lot, at least EU red ranks, because most Killers aren´t good. It´s so easy to win when people follow the simple formula of sitting on gens if they´re not being chased or going for a rescue.

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1862260#Comment_1862260

    Not in the case of Object since solos and average teams dont use it because they can´t capitalise as much on it. Balancing Object has literally 0 effect on them other than lessen the cases where they get themselves killed trying to be little smartasses.

    Edit: Average teams win, a lot, at least EU red ranks, because most Killers aren´t good. It´s so easy to win when people follow the simple formula of sitting on gens if they´re not being chased or going for a rescue.

    In America, if you play solo 9.5 out of 10 matches are a complete and total bloodbath at red rank because the killer is too overwhelming regardless of how well the solo team tries to do gens. It is bad balance when a solo team can only win when the killer is a potato.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1862269#Comment_1862269

    In America, if you play solo 9.5 out of 10 matches are a complete and total bloodbath at red rank because the killer is too overwhelming regardless of how well the solo team tries to do gens. It is bad balance when a solo team can only win when the killer is a potato.

    Yeah watching streams and from hearsay it seems the NA community is much more chill and way less competetive overall.

  • @ZaKzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861757#Comment_1861757

    The video elucidates DS' ability to be used offensively. You can pick apart every tiny millisecond of video and every minor mistake the killer made, but it doesn't change that fact.

    You're right, my calculations don't tell the whole story, as I've left out the time it takes to down the survivor in the first place, which can take 20-30 seconds, providing an additional 40-60 seconds of gen time.

    You also fail in your attempt to explain what a stun is. A survivor moves at 4 meters per second. A standard killer moves at 4.6 meters per second, 15% more. Lets just assume that what you said is right and DS gives 3 seconds of stun. A survivor has moved 12 meters in this time. The killer then gives chase. If the survivor is 12 meters away, while moving, it will take the killer about 20 seconds to catch up in a straight line. If there are obstacles in the way and the survivor successfully negotiates them, this time is increased.

    This is basic math. If 4 DS's are used, and the survivors just run in straight lines after using them, DS has given them more than 50% of the time it takes to do all 5 gens, just on its own. Just by running DS, you increase your team gen efficiency by 56%.

    actually the video does show DS. here is why! killer downs someone and picks her up, steve (assuming that feng had unhooked) tried to blind (fair play there). Killer goes to hook the one on the shoulder and steve is STILL right there. killer grabs steve off of the survivor on hook and gets DS'd (yes it is a DS as it says it on the screen as a status). Steve then unhooks and blamo the killer has lost that hook. now if DS deactivates when the unhooked ds wielder goes to do anything other than heal themselves (work on a gen, totem, chest, hop in a locker, heal another, unhook someone else, open the door) then there would be no problem WHAT SO EVER. WEAPONIZATION of a perk that is supposed to help the survivor get away (as stated by the devs in past live streams) is not that. you will notice I did not say that the survivor with active DS looses it upon being healed by anyone as it still remains active as that is intended. but the moment they are on a gen, totem, chest, unhook, door or hopping into a locker (my preference would be for it to remain active for the time Inner Strength takes to heal if the perk is on) it should deactivate as the player has decided to re-enter the game progression.

    also I think that unbreakable should deactivate when DS is active, no mither as well, soul guard and other let me get myself get up, now only part of all of these that should deactivate is the ability to get up while DS is active. this breaks the combo synergy that other killer perks have been broken of before. It's a small tweak that will change how the game runs because DS alone is bad but DS paired with another perk to get up is WORSE.

  • Honestly I feel the killer buffs are mediocre. It feels like they just did it to say they did something. Trapper has way more issues that are more important than how fast someone escapes from a trap. The fact that he can only carry one trap without bags. Traps spawn all around the map and require him to travel to pick them up. There are other issues that require attention and they choose to fix this? It's like you take your car to the shop because your brakes are shot. Then the mechanic installs a better seat belt........Why not just fix the brakes?

  • @ZaKzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861389#Comment_1861389

    Except DS isn't just a 5 second stun. Even if the gamestate is favorable to eat the stun, if the survivor runs in a straight line, it takes the killer about 23 seconds to catch up to the survivor, so it's not a 5 second stun, it's more like a 28 second stun. If the current conditions are unfavorable to eat a stun, like the survivor is near a hooked survivor or a downed survivor, you have to waste even more time, and then if the hooked survivor is also carrying DS, there is even more time lost.

    Assuming there's at least 2 survivors working on gens at any one time, each DS is worth about 56 seconds of gen time. If all 4 survivors have DS, this is a maximum of 2.8 gens done just for running a single perk, regardless of personal skill or effort. If all survivors are running this perk, they only have to put effort into doing 2.2 gens each map.

    There's also situations where DS can be used offensively where the killer can't do anything against it like here.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpc6dcrH1NE&feature=emb_title

    People have posted so many examples on these forums about how DS can be used as an offensive action. But for some reason survivor mains always chirp in with “just don’t tunnel man”

  • Funny story.

    Once, when I was playing as Demo, I let the unhooked survivor go because I didn't want to tunnel. I then proceeded to find, down, and hook, two other survivors. As I was going to check the gate I see an injured survivor running to it. I down them with shred, pick them up, and the get d-strike'd. It was the unhooked guy from earlier that I let go.

    I literally killed two people and still got d-strike'd. Steve teabaged as he ran out through the gate as well.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861987#Comment_1861987

    Nobody (at least the honest part in the community) wants DS to be useless.

    People want this perk to act more like an anti tunnel perk instead of an anti momentum one.

    Like,i get rarely hit by DS aswell,but if i do get hit it's by healthy people trying to save in my face but get grabbed,stun me and save anyway or healthy peoply i found working on a gen after hooking another person etc.

    it just feels pretty dumb in these situations

    The honest part of this community isn't what concerns me. I'd like the perk reworked as well to be more anti tunnel than it's current form. What I take issue with is the deliberate misrepresentation of the perks strengths and how it's become a scapegoat for too many killers. It builds a false narrative and risks BHVR taking an aggressive approach when it doesn't need gutting, just reworking into a per hook state mechanic.

    However, I agree being hit with it when you aren't tunnelling can be frustrating and that's something which needs addressing.

  • If you are a killer that consistently has a problem with DS, then you're a tunneler. Stop relying on proxy camping hooked survivors and you won't be worried about ds anymore. The best killers and streamers don't camp. You dont have to either.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861398#Comment_1861398

    DS is mostly fine. I'd reduce the timer to 45 seconds and disable it when in a locker. I rarely get hit with DS when I play.

    this, this is all they need to do to DS, make it last as long as pop and remove the DS locker "tech", then it'll be fine

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I am a long time killer and I simply do not understand how so many killers can get upset about DS.

    The devs won’t change it because the survivor can only use it ONCE. This means the absolute MAXIMUM amount of times a killer can be stunned by it is 4.

    Just eat the stun. It’s really not that crippling. That survivor is now vulnerable for the remainder of the trial.

    Used to respect you as a Killer main until this moment. You clearly do not understand the time-gain DS gives. It is a 5 sec time gain if the survivors just sits beside you after stunning you.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Moxie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861389#Comment_1861389

    Used to respect you as a Killer main until this moment. You clearly do not understand the time-gain DS gives. It is a 5 sec time gain if the survivors just sits beside you after stunning you.

    Ok...

    Well i’m not looking to win popularity contests anyway.

    I just want to help other players.

    I always keep in my mind that survivors only get to use DS once, and after that they’re screwed. DS is only really strong (to me) late game or end game.

    So I make a point of intentionally eating as many DS stuns as possible, as early as possible. Each time I eat a stun I immediately return to pressuring a different survivor at a gen.

    This strategy has rarely failed me, regardless of how strong and coordinated the team might be.

    I treat Unbreakable the same way with LOTS of slugging to force it out of the survivors early.

    Having their DS gone totally changes the survivors behaviour mid game/late game (less aggressive), making them easier to manage.

  • Honestly I am done as well.

    I had the last OoO Swf game today and I am just done, I uninstalled DBD finally.


    I'm free. Good luck everyone else.

  • @Moxie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861389#Comment_1861389

    Used to respect you as a Killer main until this moment. You clearly do not understand the time-gain DS gives. It is a 5 sec time gain if the survivors just sits beside you after stunning you.

    I used to be your biggest fan, man.

    I had the clown shoes, the makeup, the red nose, everything.. and then you said this one thing.

    You'll never have my respect nor upvotes again, those coveted by the Gods themselves. Don't try to apologize-- it's too late.

    It's over between us.

  • @jrinkwater said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861389#Comment_1861389

    This mentality is the same line of thinking I feel the developers have. And this is a really poor take.

    DS is abused by groups (or coordinated randoms) to bait you into the stun and loss of time. This is supposed to be an anti-tunneling perk. Yet it's mechanics operate in situations like running into lockers and at end gates. Also, this is more designed to be anti-slugging with the ridiculous timer that someone can pretty much crawl out of an exit gate from so far away before it runs out... or use unbreakable... or coupled with borrow time lol. It rewards too many errors. If four people run DS on the team... it's literally poison to any skilled killer.as now you HAVE to tunnel because you sure as ######### shouldn't have to wait out timers all damn game. Which forces you to slug while this SWF constantly gets each other up and resets. At this point, the game just becomes about taunting and offensive plays.

    Survivors play with way too much in their favor, to be honest.

    You’ve already pointed out exactly how DS hurts you, and what I intentionally avoid happening: The Survivors still having their DS late game or end game.

    That can only happen if the killer is too fearful of DS earlier in the match and allowed survivors to keep their DS until late in the game.

    Seriously, I only slug for pressure, but if I’ve just downed someone I know probably has DS and only 2 gens have been repaired, then I pick them up and eat the stun, then let them run off while I pressure other survivors.

    That survivor can now no longer:

    • be as aggressive doing unhooks in my face.
    • Be as aggressive with body blocking.
    • Can’t do the obnoxious “jump into locker” after unhook.
    • Will most likely be far less inclined to try and get my attention when I’m targeting other survivors.

    Just eat the stun. It takes away so many survivor options once they’ve used it, and absolutely makes late game way more manageable.

  • @TheBigBingus said:

    The fact that they have, once again, REFUSED to change DS or OoO is ######### outlandish, and yet not even 6 months after release undying got nerfed into the ######### ground just shows that they don't care. They need more survivors to play the game, so they refuse to fix things that killers have been complaining about for years, because they just don't care anymore. Keys are still a thing despite moris being nerfed into literal uselessness, and there is no update on when or IF keys will be changed. Yes, ruin undying was too powerful, I agree with that. but guess what else is powerful? Medkits, DS unbreakable, OoO with SWF teams, gen speeds at the state they are at, map offerings, keys, dead hard, borrowed time, and so much more. I honestly don't care at this point. I've just given up hope that this game will ever be balanced, so I now no longer feel ashamed of playing like a #########, because if I actually play nice and take peoples fun into account, I'm going to lose. Also, this joke of a clown rework and wraith buff is just sad. wraith needed a movement speed buff along with the invisibility, and the "afterpiece antidote" seems incredibly underwhelming and not helpful. the reload speed buff is nice though. I'm sorry for ranting, I just feel like I have lost hope for this game at this point. I love this game, I really do, and seeing it go the route its going makes me so sad.

    game is survivor sided and it needs to change!

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861389#Comment_1861389

    I think the problem our brothers and sisters have with DS is how punishing it feels when you don't tunnel

    That’s a player letting themselves feel defeated mentally though.

    It’s not hard to regain momentum after a stun. All is not lost.

    Killers just need to expect DS, expect they’re going to hit with it at some point, so may as we’ll get rid of DS as early as they can.

    DS is only really powerful towards the end of the game. There’s nothing more disheartening than watching a slug crawl towards an exit gate because you know they can’t be picked up just because the killer was too afraid to take that survivors DS earlier in the game and just slugged them instead.

1 2 ›