Something needs to be done about Oni's scalped topknot

Ok, I'm an Oni main. I've got about 1500 hours on just Oni, and I honestly think scalped topknot makes games literally unwinnable. I've gone against literal optimal "depip squads" and tournament SWF teams that still couldn't beat me when I'm playing with STK. It takes any counter play Oni has, like certain structures being too tight or small to effectively use his power, and completely throws it out the window. if an Oni knows how to avoid getting spun, then you literally cannot escape him. there is literally no structure I the game that is strong enough to escape him if he is using scalped topknot, unless perhaps you he hasn't pre-broken a breakable wall on say Ormond or Autohaven, and even then that will only delay him a couple seconds while he breaks it, and then you're screwed. I'm fairly certain I've reached the skill cap on Oni, and honestly I don't play with STK because it just makes my games boring and unfun. I prefer his addons that make him faster while absorbing blood lol, its just a nice quality of life change. My idea of a change is basically, the topknot should cut charge time by maybe a bit less then half a second, and perhaps also shorten the cooldown after he stops a dash. And perhaps we could buff the base dash time to 1.75 seconds as compensation. Any thoughts?

Comments

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852093#Comment_1852093

    Just because an item is iridescent doesn't make it automatically hard to come across.

    Yea 56 skin addons in bubba

  • Why is topknot so strong?

    I play Oni once in a blue moon so I haven't had much chance to focus on his addons or what makes him better or worse, I use anti heal aura reading Oni when I can because that's fun but outside of that he's had like maybe 4 or 5 uses from me

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    Why is topknot so strong?

    I play Oni once in a blue moon so I haven't had much chance to focus on his addons or what makes him better or worse, I use anti heal aura reading Oni when I can because that's fun but outside of that he's had like maybe 4 or 5 uses from me

    Because the percentage increase is so high basically.

    It charges Demon Dash literally twice as fast, and then he's instasaw Billy with wayyy more control.

  • While I do think the it could use a nerf, I also don't want oni as a whole being nerfed. I main oni and probably have about 500 hours on him and I think the top knot is the only was oni is viable against top tier SWF. People need to remember that oni doesn't have his power very often (especially against good survivors) so when he does get it, it needs to be borderline OP to make up for it. I would be fine with a nerf to topknot, I think it probably should be nerfed, but you MUST buff him in another way to make up for it or oni will drop dramatically in the tier list vs good teams. My ideal change would be: buff base charge time to 1.5s, topknot now gives oni the pallet breaking speed he had on ptb and it is an iridescent. This way he can run splintered hull+lion fang, akito's crutch+lion fang, or even new topknot+lion fang and combined with the 1.5 base charge he can be roughly the same power overall but with a little actual counterplay.

  • How about we nerf all the bs survivors have before already crying about another killer to nerf. Topknot is strong no doubt, but it is hardly problematic. I can think of 30 things off the top of my head more problematic than Oni's add ons.

  • @TheBigBingus said:

    Ok, I'm an Oni main. I've got about 1500 hours on just Oni, and I honestly think scalped topknot makes games literally unwinnable. I've gone against literal optimal "depip squads" and tournament SWF teams that still couldn't beat me when I'm playing with STK. It takes any counter play Oni has, like certain structures being too tight or small to effectively use his power, and completely throws it out the window. if an Oni knows how to avoid getting spun, then you literally cannot escape him. there is literally no structure I the game that is strong enough to escape him if he is using scalped topknot, unless perhaps you he hasn't pre-broken a breakable wall on say Ormond or Autohaven, and even then that will only delay him a couple seconds while he breaks it, and then you're screwed. I'm fairly certain I've reached the skill cap on Oni, and honestly I don't play with STK because it just makes my games boring and unfun. I prefer his addons that make him faster while absorbing blood lol, its just a nice quality of life change. My idea of a change is basically, the topknot should cut charge time by maybe a bit less then half a second, and perhaps also shorten the cooldown after he stops a dash. And perhaps we could buff the base dash time to 1.75 seconds as compensation. Any thoughts?

    Finally an honest Oni main. You are a rare breed.. Even certain streamers that play a lot of Oni pretend like there is some magical way to outplay him with this addon... I feel like people put so much time into Oni they can't admit how strong his power really is because it would detract from their impressive skill and hurt their ego. I have learned tricks and techniques that work against basically every killer including nurse and spirit (to varying degrees of success) but not Oni. If the killer is SKILLED (I don't want to hear about the bottom 95% of Oni players or that time you spun a rank 10 oni...) and has his power up you are dead basically no matter what especially with this addon.

  • @RayrafLPP said:

    Well you dont counter oni by winning chases, you split up and if he uses his power everyone should hide so that he can get only one person with his power.

    I played oni a bunch too.

    The weakness is his early game and not being able to down multiple survivors with your power at once.

    Structures are not there to counter an oni.

    But survivors are so used to loop killers that finding the right time for stealth doesnt come to mind.

    You can hit multiple but it rare.

  • Charge time add-ons have always been problems for one down killers. Instasaw billy was a similar experience to topknot Oni. It should be nerfed it does not feel possible to get away from an oni charging towards you, resetting and charging point blank.

  • @sojalol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/217109/something-needs-to-be-done-about-onis-scalped-topknot

    Finally an honest Oni main. You are a rare breed.. Even certain streamers that play a lot of Oni pretend like there is some magical way to outplay him with this addon... I feel like people put so much time into Oni they can't admit how strong his power really is because it would detract from their impressive skill and hurt their ego. I have learned tricks and techniques that work against basically every killer including nurse and spirit (to varying degrees of success) but not Oni. If the killer is SKILLED (I don't want to hear about the bottom 95% of Oni players or that time you spun a rank 10 oni...) and has his power up you are dead basically no matter what especially with this addon.

    haha thank you, I apricate that. Yeah Oni has one of if not the strongest powers in game, and has only limited by then fact that he can't use it all the time, otherwise he would be busted. Top knot isn't fair, and I feel that using it lets bad Oni's get downs they really shouldn't, and makes good Oni's have no counterplay. Basically if you see someone and you have at least 5 seconds left of your power, you can down them. Also idk why this thread is getting soo many responses today, I made this like a month ago XD

1 2 ›