I swear if they change blight next mid chapter...

I think most if not all people can agree that blight was one of the best desgined killers added to the game, very strong but also fair for the survivors and highly entertaining for both sides. Infact, he might actually be seen in tournaments occasionally and break up the usual nurse/spirit games he's got that much potential.

The devs have said though that in everymid chapter they plan to adress the chapter released before the latest one, which is fair enough and probably a good thing. However I really hope that they leave blight where he is (maybe fix a few bugs but that goes for alot of killers) as i would be highly dissapointed if he is nerfed yet killers like spirit and freddy remain in their current form.

Comments

  • @Withered8 said:

    I think most if not all people can agree that blight was one of the best desgined killers added to the game, very strong but also fair for the survivors and highly entertaining for both sides. Infact, he might actually be seen in tournaments occasionally and break up the usual nurse/spirit games he's got that much potential.

    The devs have said though that in everymid chapter they plan to adress the chapter released before the latest one, which is fair enough and probably a good thing. However I really hope that they leave blight where he is (maybe fix a few bugs but that goes for alot of killers) as i would be highly dissapointed if he is nerfed yet killers like spirit and freddy remain in their current form.

    I just want him fixed on Console

  • Only thing I want changed is his camera.

  • Since most people are happy with the Blight, there isn't any reason to change him, his PoV will probably be changed, but that's probably it.

    Also some of his perks will hopefully get revisited, like Hex: Blood Favour really needs some changes, that perk is the worst designed thing in this game.

    Felix's perks will probably get some love as well, mainly Visionary.

  • I believe they said they would look at the previous chapter and see if anything needs changing. Since Blight makes everyone happy, I don't think they'll do anything to him. I think this will probably be Clown's rework midchapter.

    Like @AhoyWolf said, they'll probably just change his PoV and some perk nerfs/buffs from that chapter, but that's about it. That chapter only really needs minor changes, but nothing dealing with Blight's actual power as far as gameplay.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    Since most people are happy with the Blight, there isn't any reason to change him, his PoV will probably be changed, but that's probably it.

    Also some of his perks will hopefully get revisited, like Hex: Blood Favour really needs some changes, that perk is the worst designed thing in this game.

    Felix's perks will probably get some love as well, mainly Visionary.

    @ChurchofPig said:

    I believe they said they would look at the previous chapter and see if anything needs changing. Since Blight makes everyone happy, I don't think they'll do anything to him. I think this will probably be Clown's rework midchapter.

    Like @AhoyWolf said, they'll probably just change his PoV and some perk nerfs/buffs from that chapter, but that's about it. That chapter only really needs minor changes, but nothing dealing with Blight's actual power as far as gameplay.

    Hopefully at least

  • Im not disagreeing with you but weren't people complaining about him when he first came out.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    Im not disagreeing with you but weren't people complaining about him when he first came out.

    People were complaining that he was too weak, but then he got a couple of buffs and people learned how to play him that they realised he is actually really good.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849315#Comment_1849315

    People were complaining that he was too weak, but then he got a couple of buffs and people learned how to play him that they realised he is actually really good.

    Too weak how? I know their were some collision issues but other than that he seems the same as the PTB.

    Also weren't there an addon that made it so that It showed survivor aura for 16 seconds or something whenever he bumped into a wall? Isn't that getting fixed.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849317#Comment_1849317

    Too weak how? I know their were some collision issues but other than that he seems the same as the PTB.

    Also weren't there an addon that made it so that It showed survivor aura for 16 seconds or something whenever he bumped into a wall? Isn't that getting fixed.

    16 meters and it was already changed.

    He was super weak in the PTB because of his wack hitbox.

    He's still weak on Console.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849324#Comment_1849324

    16 meters and it was already changed.

    He was super weak in the PTB because of his wack hitbox.

    He's still weak on Console.

    Weak on console how? Performance wise or what? I play on console and I don't see him anymore.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849327#Comment_1849327

    Weak on console how? Performance wise or what? I play on console and I don't see him anymore.

    He sucks to play as.

    He can't flick, FPS is lower so he can't react as fast, FPS drops and freezes screw him over, render distance and buggy collision.

  • i hope they fix his collision on some objects where he slides for no reason like the new car models

  • Problem with him is, that his power is unreliable. Lets bump off that car to hit that survivor aaaaand i slided past it.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Problem with him is, that his power is unreliable. Lets bump off that car to hit that survivor aaaaand i slided past it.

    I agree that it is annoying you slide off of some things but i wouldn't call it unreliable. The things you slide off of are always the same so once you play him enough you'll learn what you can and cant bounce off.

    @LiunUK said:

    i hope they fix his collision on some objects where he slides for no reason like the new car models

    Likewise yea it is annoying that you do slide off of things, but it can be helpful in some scenarios. I think the reason you slide off of those objects is to keep it inline with billy's chainsaw hitbox in that you cant bumper along those objects often either.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849324#Comment_1849324

    16 meters and it was already changed.

    He was super weak in the PTB because of his wack hitbox.

    He's still weak on Console.

    Interested in how you would suggest improvements to console, because i'm worried that they'll ruin him on pc if they make him easier.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849343#Comment_1849343

    I agree that it is annoying you slide off of some things but i wouldn't call it unreliable. The things you slide off of are always the same so once you play him enough you'll learn what you can and cant bounce off.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849338#Comment_1849338

    Likewise yea it is annoying that you do slide off of things, but it can be helpful in some scenarios. I think the reason you slide off of those objects is to keep it inline with billy's chainsaw hitbox in that you cant bumper along those objects often either.

    No, there are some cars you bump off and some you slide off. It seems random.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849329#Comment_1849329

    He sucks to play as.

    He can't flick, FPS is lower so he can't react as fast, FPS drops and freezes screw him over, render distance and buggy collision.

    I can assure you that it’s no better on PS5 with unfailing 60fps. It’s the problem with any power that needs to travel and strike in a linear fashion: analogue sticks just don’t offer the finesse required to deal with a survivor dodging at the last moment.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849388#Comment_1849388

    No, there are some cars you bump off and some you slide off. It seems random.

    You can bounce off of the truck ones, the low ones you will slide off of unless you are coming directly at one of the sides.

  • his power is unreliable at red ranks, its very easy to dodge and he's very easy to loop aswell. Very map and addon dependend

  • @SkerpiTwitch said:

    his power is unreliable at red ranks, its very easy to dodge and he's very easy to loop aswell. Very map and addon dependend

    *chuckle*

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    Since most people are happy with the Blight, there isn't any reason to change him, his PoV will probably be changed, but that's probably it.

    Also some of his perks will hopefully get revisited, like Hex: Blood Favour really needs some changes, that perk is the worst designed thing in this game.

    Felix's perks will probably get some love as well, mainly Visionary.

    To be fair no one was complaining about Billy either and they nerfed his basekit. smh.

  • Wait for Almo and his AMAZING balance changes...

  • Wel according statistics, he has the lowest kill rate of any killer at red ranks

  • @Withered8 said:

    I think most if not all people can agree that blight was one of the best desgined killers added to the game, very strong but also fair for the survivors and highly entertaining for both sides. Infact, he might actually be seen in tournaments occasionally and break up the usual nurse/spirit games he's got that much potential.

    The devs have said though that in everymid chapter they plan to adress the chapter released before the latest one, which is fair enough and probably a good thing. However I really hope that they leave blight where he is (maybe fix a few bugs but that goes for alot of killers) as i would be highly dissapointed if he is nerfed yet killers like spirit and freddy remain in their current form.

    Blight only needs a few tweaks

    1. Raise his POV
    2. Adjust his turnrate (primarily for consoles who can't flick like their PC peers)
    3. Make his tophat base
  • More like his perks are getting revisited *cough* Undying *cough*

  • @SkerpiTwitch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849411#Comment_1849411

    Wel according statistics, he has the lowest kill rate of any killer at red ranks

    That's because his power is pretty difiicult to master just like nurse who has also a lower kill rate.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849255#Comment_1849255

    To be fair no one was complaining about Billy either and they nerfed his basekit. smh.

    "We are happy how Blight performs so now we'll add another cooldown to him"

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849327#Comment_1849327

    Interested in how you would suggest improvements to console, because i'm worried that they'll ruin him on pc if they make him easier.

    I think they should go a similiar way to oni.

    Increasing the turn rate but put a hardcap on it

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849343#Comment_1849343

    I agree that it is annoying you slide off of some things but i wouldn't call it unreliable. The things you slide off of are always the same so once you play him enough you'll learn what you can and cant bounce off.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849338#Comment_1849338

    Likewise yea it is annoying that you do slide off of things, but it can be helpful in some scenarios. I think the reason you slide off of those objects is to keep it inline with billy's chainsaw hitbox in that you cant bumper along those objects often either.

    Likewise yea it is annoying that you do slide off of things, but it can be helpful in some scenarios. I think the reason you slide off of those objects is to keep it inline with billy's chainsaw hitbox in that you cant bumper along those objects often either.

    I could never think of a situation where me sliding off the object would help me more than bumping into it.

    The reason why his collision is so wonky on some objects is because it's straight up bugged.His collision hitboxes were completely fine after his release but got buggy when the first hotfix came out for that chapter.

    McLean acknowledged the issue on his stream and said he would work on fixing it as soon as he's able to if i remember correctly.

  • To be fair,i can count on one hand how many good blights i've seen since his release.

    Nobody wants to play him :(

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849407#Comment_1849407

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849411#Comment_1849411

    To be fair,i can count on one hand how many good blights i've seen since his release.

    Nobody wants to play him :(

    In fairness theres a lot of killers to pick from. He also kind of demands heavy investment with little to any fun alternative killers with a similar playstyle. (dont even try to name billy anyone who's spent time on old billy will remind you he is a mere shadow of himself). If anything I'd look at billy poor boy is not the same since the asinine changes.

    Undying an obvious candidate for changes that feels like a foregone conclusion to be honest. I expect to see it lose its spreading effect or capped at 1 if were lucky 2 totem spreads.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849407#Comment_1849407

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849411#Comment_1849411

    To be fair,i can count on one hand how many good blights i've seen since his release.

    Nobody wants to play him :(

    Agree, I sometimes even get confused when I hear his TR since I barely face him and if I do it's mostly vs m1 Blights. On the killer side I get accused as hacking/cheating, since people keep underestimating how much a Blight can turn and from which angles he can hit people. Inexperienced Blights are sadly the norm, which results in either survivors never learning how to counterplay a good one trough survivor gameplay, or them never wanting to try him since they think he is weak.

  • @LiunUK said:

    i hope they fix his collision on some objects where he slides for no reason like the new car models

    I remember having to literally mash my face into cars and trees to get myself to slam into them or I would just slide right past.

    The biggest offender I think is Swamp. I literally couldn't collide with anything on the map. I had to stare at the center of the tree stumps and be directly parallel to the boxes not to slide off anything. It was a bit annoying.

    I personally don't like his play style (playing as him) and don't think I'll really play him again, but these collision issues need some serious fixing. It was super frustrating. His power is already maddeningly anxiety inducing, adding on top that the collision sucks on it.

  • @NightWolfsFury said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849338#Comment_1849338

    I remember having to literally mash my face into cars and trees to get myself to slam into them or I would just slide right past.

    The biggest offender I think is Swamp. I literally couldn't collide with anything on the map. I had to stare at the center of the tree stumps and be directly parallel to the boxes not to slide off anything. It was a bit annoying.

    I personally don't like his play style (playing as him) and don't think I'll really play him again, but these collision issues need some serious fixing. It was super frustrating. His power is already maddeningly anxiety inducing, adding on top that the collision sucks on it.

    Nurse Part 2 just with M1 potential.

    Although you do have a point about some of the collisions being bs and just sliding when they shouldn't.

  • Aside from the general FOV issue, agreed. You can easily tell when you're facing a PC from a console Blight when the PC user has the turn rate of Oni's Blood Fury lunge.

  • The only thing that they might be changing is the POV and sliding issue or certain objects

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849324#Comment_1849324

    16 meters and it was already changed.

    He was super weak in the PTB because of his wack hitbox.

    He's still weak on Console.

    @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849324#Comment_1849324

    16 meters and it was already changed.

    He was super weak in the PTB because of his wack hitbox.

    He's still weak on Console.

    Not exactly weak, but just weaker than what a PC player can do with a mouse flick.

  • I would wager the 180 degree flick is going to go away. Console players simply can't do what PC Blight players can do because of hardware limitations. PC players can toggle the mouse DPI up to 16000 mid-rush and throw their mouse across their desk for insane flicks.

    They'll probably overcorrect like they did with Oni, make a bizarre denial that is objectively false, then put it back to something between the original and the nerf.

  • I think they will fix his bugged 180 flick

  • They need to tweak him on console. If you play pc blight then you can turn pretty far if you flick your mouse.

    But on console if a survivor steps slightly to the left then you're screwed.

    An increase in turn rate would be nice as well, not huge but enough to be noticeable would be nice

  • Weak because it's extremely difficult to hit people with your power. It's basically relegated to movement only.

  • Why would they touch Blight when Freddy/Spirit are sitting way too comfortably? What a waste of time and resources.

  • @Orionbash said:

    Why would they touch Blight when Freddy/Spirit are sitting way too comfortably? What a waste of time and resources.

    Exactly my point and why I'm hoping he isn't touched, but they could pull a Billy and nerf him whilst doing nothing about spirit and Freddy.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I would wager the 180 degree flick is going to go away. Console players simply can't do what PC Blight players can do because of hardware limitations. PC players can toggle the mouse DPI up to 16000 mid-rush and throw their mouse across their desk for insane flicks.

    They'll probably overcorrect like they did with Oni, make a bizarre denial that is objectively false, then put it back to something between the original and the nerf.

    I'd hope that they make console specific changes to his turning and flick rather than nerf him on pc and hardcap him, because that would incredibly hurt his pc experience and his extremely high skill cap is something which we need in this game considering killers like spirit and Freddy exist.

  • As a Blight main, I agree. He's perfectly balanced. Maybe they'll do an addon touchup but that's all, his basekit is fine.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851993#Comment_1851993

    Exactly my point and why I'm hoping he isn't touched, but they could pull a Billy and nerf him whilst doing nothing about spirit and Freddy.

    They said they're working on Freddy, but it probably isn't going to be super fast depending on what they choose to do with him.

  • One thing they could do is buff summoning stone. As it stands, the pallet blocker only lasts 6 seconds.

    When you hit a survivor with lethal rush, you are stunned for 3 seconds. Meaning the pallet block is already halfway over. The timer is already too fast, but the stun you have to eat to activate it makes the addons even more useless.