F this matchmaking

IMG_20201231_004635__01.jpg

I'm so tired of this #########.

Comments

  • @carnage4u said:

    Every day for 6 months someone has posted about how bad the matchmaking is. I assume it has gone on long before then, but I only started coming here this year.

    The matchmaking in this game is awful and the devs should be embarrassed by it. The fact when they try to setup MMR based matchmaking it has failed in the past is further proof they are very bad at basic concepts in an online game.

    They also don't really care or this problem would have been addressed a long time ago.

    Yeah that's unfortunately what I think as well. The MMR was supposedly a priority, but it doesn't look that way anymore.

  • I feel you bro. They don’t fix it bc they don’t have time but hey, new skins coming right?

  • @criminal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/216335/f-this-matchmaking

    I feel you bro. They don’t fix it bc they don’t have time but hey, new skins coming right?

    The art department and the game designers are two entirely separate teams so I can't fault them for something like this, but what is incredibly frustrating is just how tired I am asking for the same things over and over again. Whoever calls the shots at BHVR clearly chooses to rush these chapters out the door long before they're ready, and in return the devs spend so much time fixing all of the bugs that there's literally no time left to implement the features that we want.

    Simply put, I've learned to accept that there will never be a practice mode, there will never be quality matchmaking, the game will always have game breaking bugs, and nothing will ever be done to reduce the grind. Failed expectations is what dead by daylight will always be known for, so if you're not happy with it now, don't expect that to change in the future.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845905#Comment_1845905

    Yup. I know people have predicted doom and gloom for DBD in the past, but I find those predictions to be more prevalent than ever. With matchmaking in the state that it is, and no single player content of any kind, the odds of DBD attracting and keeping new players is incredibly low.

    Attracting and keeping new -killers- is low. Survivors is too easy to keep people around; play with your friends along with their 5th perk of Comms.

    Killer? You're thrown into the fire. Good luck.

  • @VikingWilson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845970#Comment_1845970

    Attracting and keeping new -killers- is low. Survivors is too easy to keep people around; play with your friends along with their 5th perk of Comms.

    Killer? You're thrown into the fire. Good luck.

    True. Playing with friends is so less stressful than Killer, because at least your friends can help show you the ropes. With Killer it's just you, and to make matters worse the game doesn't teach you how to play, or allow you to practice. And for new Killers, that can be incredibly detrimental to any fun that can be had.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    You'd think too many survivors would mean there's at least 4 near your rank.

    The problem is, there isn't many top tier killers.


    At high level, survivors enormously outnumber killers.


    There's just not enough red rank killers to go around. But way too many skilled survivors who refuse to leave dead by daylight.


    This is why killers need more buff.

  • @MrGrizzly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844901#Comment_1844901

    What's the point in waiting, that already takes a LONG TIME sometimes, for a match where you get stomped on because you have 3 teammates in brown ranks and a red rank killer, or stomp on brown ranked killers? I'd rather wait more for a match that's actually enjoyable. And if they could listen to us quicker for once, to our suggestions to make killer more enjoyable.. they could fix this imbalance between survivors/killer players, to fix these awful queue times. But sure just nerf moris to make it more of a problem, without giving them something else, nerfing moris 100% made some killer mains quit, idc how toxic they were, that's still a part of the killers gone, so longer queue times.

    And just to add salt to the wound, bugged killers from the patch DEFINETELY made some killer mains quit, so an even LONGER queue time.

    So sure, I'd rather change the matchmaking system, but there are bigger problems who can solve this.

    I just stopped playing killer after all the killer nerfs. I don't even play killer for daily.


    I only play survivor.


    A good way of getting around the long queue time is to run multiple systems at the same time. Have multiple copies of the game.

    @IgiOne said:

    I am a rank 2 killer and I played against these ranks.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ACKUPZ6SI7DY/igione-png.png

    Play survivor than. U will face lower rank killers. U be like rank 5 and killer rank is like 13. It happens a lot compare to the other way around.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845004#Comment_1845004

    There is a lack of killers, because killer isn´t fun.

    No change to ranking will solve this.

    But it's stressful, triggering, and even more unfun if ur playing vs highly skilled survivors.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845020#Comment_1845020

    Unfortunately I don't think the MMR is still happening. It's been months since they shut it off, let alone even talked about it. Almo said it was still a priority, but it sure doesn't look like that anymore.

    To be honest I stopped expecting features that we have long been asking for. Dead by Daylight is almost 5 years old, and the community has been asking for a training mode since day one, whereas the free to play mobile game received one within three months of release.🤨 How long have we been asking for more blood hunt events? There was always one at the end of December, but this year they give us login bonuses. The list goes on and on. Seriously, WTH?

    Isn't the tutorial the training mode?

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844867#Comment_1844867

    The problem is, there isn't many top tier killers.

    At high level, survivors enormously outnumber killers.

    There's just not enough red rank killers to go around. But way too many skilled survivors who refuse to leave dead by daylight.

    This is why killers need more buff.

    Why do you put two lines between your sentences?


  • No it's not. It gives you the most basic of information. When I get a new killer, I watch youtube channels on how to play that killer. I also try to find videos on barebones perks for that killer (ie none of the teachables that high level killers have.) Then my first game is usually just trying to figure out how the power works and how best to use it. I usually don't even care about hitting or hooking a survivor in that first match.

    Huntresses hatchets. Trying to figure out where the center point is or which obstacles you can throw over or through, that takes a LOT of time. I like her, but I'm not very good with the hatchets, but I've watched twitch players hit people from across the map and do it reliably.

    I tried Nurse. Several times. Hate her with a passion. She is the most frustrating killer I've played. If I get a daily with her, I hit the trashcan. There have been a couple of times where I've done the trash can and get stuck with her. Not happy about those, but I get through it, usually in 2 or 3 matches.

    Baby Blights or Baby Oni's... I've gone against them, controlling their rushes isn't easy. (I've never played either of them.) Had one Oni apologize after the match for being new.

    All these killers are different and just reading about their perks doesn't help. Heck, most of them, you don't even use their own perks because they are garbage.

    Oh and other than watching videos, there is nothing that teaches you really about looping, how to break looping, or when to just move on. That comes from watching youtube/twitch.

  • @Father_Dark said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1847679#Comment_1847679

    No it's not. It gives you the most basic of information. When I get a new killer, I watch youtube channels on how to play that killer. I also try to find videos on barebones perks for that killer (ie none of the teachables that high level killers have.) Then my first game is usually just trying to figure out how the power works and how best to use it. I usually don't even care about hitting or hooking a survivor in that first match.

    Huntresses hatchets. Trying to figure out where the center point is or which obstacles you can throw over or through, that takes a LOT of time. I like her, but I'm not very good with the hatchets, but I've watched twitch players hit people from across the map and do it reliably.

    I tried Nurse. Several times. Hate her with a passion. She is the most frustrating killer I've played. If I get a daily with her, I hit the trashcan. There have been a couple of times where I've done the trash can and get stuck with her. Not happy about those, but I get through it, usually in 2 or 3 matches.

    Baby Blights or Baby Oni's... I've gone against them, controlling their rushes isn't easy. (I've never played either of them.) Had one Oni apologize after the match for being new.

    All these killers are different and just reading about their perks doesn't help. Heck, most of them, you don't even use their own perks because they are garbage.

    Oh and other than watching videos, there is nothing that teaches you really about looping, how to break looping, or when to just move on. That comes from watching youtube/twitch.

    So basically just play the game and watch YouTube videos. It seems like playing the game is the training mode.


    And it's fair for both sides since survivor and killer starts the game from zero and have to learn on their own.


    The uncertainty is what makes the game fun. I think it's fine how it is.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845012#Comment_1845012

    But it's stressful, triggering, and even more unfun if ur playing vs highly skilled survivors.

    Yes, that's why we have a killer shortage.

  • I wish I would have screenshotted it earlier

    Survivors: 6, 8, 12, 16

    Killer Rank: 1

    He wiped the floor with us LOL. He was cool in end game chat he was like "Oh God - I feel so bad now!!!" - We then all chatted a few mins about the horrible matchmaking in the game etc.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844867#Comment_1844867

    The problem is, there isn't many top tier killers.

    At high level, survivors enormously outnumber killers.

    There's just not enough red rank killers to go around. But way too many skilled survivors who refuse to leave dead by daylight.

    This is why killers need more buff.

    I don't think Killers necessarily need a buff, there just needs to be a better pip system and better matchmaking. Behavior stated that on average most games should end with two kills and two escapes, but anyone who plays this game knows that that simply does not happen.

    The matchmaking in this game sees to it that far more experienced players are tasked with competing against less experienced players far too often. Which is why I've always said there should be a practice mode that allows (newer) players to hone their skills, or at the very least practice the basics before being expected to compete.

  • Ah yes, well there are two solutions and i mean no disrespect uninstall or play surv. Playing surv however might be boring cause the only fun is to bully killer. I went with uninstalling, i am sure game got enough killers anyways

  • Yeah as father dark mentioned, what is already in the game is far from what you could properly call a "training mode". It doesn't teach you how to loop, it doesn't teach you how to use killer powers, hell it doesn't even teach you how to use pallets. The fact that we have to seek outside help because the game doesn't teach us how to use its own mechanics is one of the biggest downfalls about dead by daylight.

  • @Dismas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/216335/f-this-matchmaking

    Ah yes, well there are two solutions and i mean no disrespect uninstall or play surv. Playing surv however might be boring cause the only fun is to bully killer. I went with uninstalling, i am sure game got enough killers anyways

    None taken. I already do play survivor more than I do killer because I play this game with a group of friends. It's so imbalanced that if it wasn't for the fun conversations that can be had with my friends, I would have stopped playing a long time ago and never looked back.

  • @Jasix said:

    I wish I would have screenshotted it earlier

    Survivors: 6, 8, 12, 16

    Killer Rank: 1

    He wiped the floor with us LOL. He was cool in end game chat he was like "Oh God - I feel so bad now!!!" - We then all chatted a few mins about the horrible matchmaking in the game etc.

    IMG_20201221_234452__01.jpg

    Yeah your game mirrored the one I just had. I was rank 2, but was having such a rough go of it that I de-pipped all the way back to 5. It's not hard to see why.

  • @Zozzy said:

    To many survivors and no killers =^

    Strange that I rarely if ever get this luck and always seem to get rank 1 or 2 killers.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844865#Comment_1844865

    Strange that I rarely if ever get this luck and always seem to get rank 1 or 2 killers.

    Well that's because killers of my rank have stopped playing altogether thanks to the shoddy matchmaking. The only ones that are left are the players that have devoted hundreds if not thousands of hours into killer.

1 2 ›