F this matchmaking

IMG_20201231_004635__01.jpg

I'm so tired of this #########.

Comments

  • To many survivors and no killers =^

  • @Zozzy said:

    To many survivors and no killers =^

    This right here is why there is a dwindling player base of killers. This is why it takes forever to get into a match as a survivor.

  • You'd think too many survivors would mean there's at least 4 near your rank.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    You'd think too many survivors would mean there's at least 4 near your rank.

    Right?! How the hell is there not anyone within 10 levels of my rank?

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844867#Comment_1844867

    Right?! How the hell is there not anyone within 10 levels of my rank?

    There is, but that team has been waiting longer so has no match restrictions.

  • Location and time of playing?

  • The matchmaking is doing its best.

    It prioritizes faster queues over rank and maybe even region.

    Since there are not enough red rank killers, it matches survivors with the next thing it finds.

    Ironically this leads to even less people willing to play killer. Because new players getting rofl stomped by red ranks isn't exactly something appealing.

  • So instead of sometimes working right, it chooses to never work right in exchange for some speed.

    Metal.

  • @Tsulan said:

    The matchmaking is doing its best.

    It prioritizes faster queues over rank and maybe even region.

    Since there are not enough red rank killers, it matches survivors with the next thing it finds.

    Ironically this leads to even less people willing to play killer. Because new players getting rofl stomped by red ranks isn't exactly something appealing.

    And clearly it's best is not good enough. Throwing anyone and everyone into a match simply to reduce the wait isn't the right way to go about doing it. All this is going to do is drive away newer players from ever tackling killer.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844881#Comment_1844881

    And clearly it's best is not good enough. Throwing anyone and everyone into a match simply to reduce the wait isn't the right way to go about doing it. All this is going to do is drive away newer players from ever tackling killer.

    That's what I'm saying.

    There was a interview where Mathieu said, that how long are people willing to wait to get a good match.

    Imagine how long it would be, if the matchmaking would only search players within 2 ranks of each other.

    Survivors now have queues of 5 to 10 minutes and that's with no rank restrictions.

    How much longer would it be, if it searched for the right opponent? 30 minutes? 45 minutes?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844898#Comment_1844898

    That's what I'm saying.

    There was a interview where Mathieu said, that how long are people willing to wait to get a good match.

    Imagine how long it would be, if the matchmaking would only search players within 2 ranks of each other.

    Survivors now have queues of 5 to 10 minutes and that's with no rank restrictions.

    How much longer would it be, if it searched for the right opponent? 30 minutes? 45 minutes?

    What's the point in waiting, that already takes a LONG TIME sometimes, for a match where you get stomped on because you have 3 teammates in brown ranks and a red rank killer, or stomp on brown ranked killers? I'd rather wait more for a match that's actually enjoyable. And if they could listen to us quicker for once, to our suggestions to make killer more enjoyable.. they could fix this imbalance between survivors/killer players, to fix these awful queue times. But sure just nerf moris to make it more of a problem, without giving them something else, nerfing moris 100% made some killer mains quit, idc how toxic they were, that's still a part of the killers gone, so longer queue times.

    And just to add salt to the wound, bugged killers from the patch DEFINETELY made some killer mains quit, so an even LONGER queue time.

    So sure, I'd rather change the matchmaking system, but there are bigger problems who can solve this.

  • @MrGrizzly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844901#Comment_1844901

    What's the point in waiting, that already takes a LONG TIME sometimes, for a match where you get stomped on because you have 3 teammates in brown ranks and a red rank killer, or stomp on brown ranked killers? I'd rather wait more for a match that's actually enjoyable. And if they could listen to us quicker for once, to our suggestions to make killer more enjoyable.. they could fix this imbalance between survivors/killer players, to fix these awful queue times. But sure just nerf moris to make it more of a problem, without giving them something else, nerfing moris 100% made some killer mains quit, idc how toxic they were, that's still a part of the killers gone, so longer queue times.

    And just to add salt to the wound, bugged killers from the patch DEFINETELY made some killer mains quit, so an even LONGER queue time.

    So sure, I'd rather change the matchmaking system, but there are bigger problems who can solve this.

    There was a time, a few years ago, where survivors actually had a queue of 45+ minutes. This resulted in some killer buffs.

    Now, as long as survivor mains want more killer nerfs and make statements like "killer is in the best spot ever", things won´t change.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844915#Comment_1844915

    There was a time, a few years ago, where survivors actually had a queue of 45+ minutes. This resulted in some killer buffs.

    Now, as long as survivor mains want more killer nerfs and make statements like "killer is in the best spot ever", things won´t change.

    Those are the type of survivors that think killers are too OP with their ruin/undying, but run DS/Unbreakable and also complain about queue times, and sadly devs probably listen to these people because they're the least amount of work... oh well

  • Had another daily tonight where I had to mark 4 survivors as Ghostface. Once again my rank 11 was matched against an all red rank team. Not only did I not get a chance to mark a single survivor, but to add insult to injury I had never played with Ghostface before.

    Congratulations BHVR, you've successfully seen to it that I will never tackle a killer that I've never played with before until there is a proper training mode. Getting destroyed over and over while I get marginally better is not my idea of fun.

  • @MrGrizzly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844923#Comment_1844923

    Those are the type of survivors that think killers are too OP with their ruin/undying, but run DS/Unbreakable and also complain about queue times, and sadly devs probably listen to these people because they're the least amount of work... oh well

    Yes.

  • @Zozzy said:

    To many survivors and no killers =^

    Specifically too many red rank survivors and not enough red rank killers.

    Play a game as survivor and you pip. Get an efficient 4K as killer and you don't pip.

    Time to tweak the emblems if MMR is not imminent.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844865#Comment_1844865

    Specifically too many red rank survivors and not enough red rank killers.

    Play a game as survivor and you pip. Get an efficient 4K as killer and you don't pip.

    Time to tweak the emblems if MMR is not imminent.

    Thats not going to solve the current lack of killers problem.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844984#Comment_1844984

    Thats not going to solve the current lack of killers problem.

    But ask yourself why there is a lack of killers.

    Fixing inappropriate ranking will make it easier to matchmake and should bring back those that resist playing killer because they currently have to play SWFs 9 ranks above them.

    Good killers need to pip, bad survivors need to stop pipping.

  • I am a rank 2 killer and I played against these ranks.

    IgiOne.PNG


  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844993#Comment_1844993

    But ask yourself why there is a lack of killers.

    Fixing inappropriate ranking will make it easier to matchmake and should bring back those that resist playing killer because they currently have to play SWFs 9 ranks above them.

    Good killers need to pip, bad survivors need to stop pipping.

    But then you have to start asking what makes a good killer and how to implement that into the ranking system so they can pip and bad killers don't. I think the devs attempted it with the current emblem system, they just failed dramatically. The same goes for survivor. What makes a good survivor? How do you implement that into a ranking system?

  • @Zozzy said:

    To many survivors and no killers =^

    You would think playing killer stresses you out in some way lel

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844993#Comment_1844993

    But ask yourself why there is a lack of killers.

    Fixing inappropriate ranking will make it easier to matchmake and should bring back those that resist playing killer because they currently have to play SWFs 9 ranks above them.

    Good killers need to pip, bad survivors need to stop pipping.

    There is a lack of killers, because killer isn´t fun.

    No change to ranking will solve this.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845004#Comment_1845004

    But then you have to start asking what makes a good killer and how to implement that into the ranking system so they can pip and bad killers don't. I think the devs attempted it with the current emblem system, they just failed dramatically. The same goes for survivor. What makes a good survivor? How do you implement that into a ranking system?

    You are right the emblem system was a mistake. I can play badly as Legion and get a double-pip but have really good game of Hillbilly and I black pip. By that logic, Legion is somehow better than Hillbilly? It's clearly too difficult to balance every killer for emblems.

    I really hope MMR is still going to happen. I'd rather red rank players wait a bit longer (obviously not the 45 minutes @Tsulan mentioned) than scare away more potential killer players by carelessly matchmaking against anyone available.

  • This game shortage of killer since killer is very hard to playing and each killer is have their own unique way to play (you need many time to learn as killer). When there are bubble on survivor side this game not fun anymore.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845010#Comment_1845010

    You are right the emblem system was a mistake. I can play badly as Legion and get a double-pip but have really good game of Hillbilly and I black pip. By that logic, Legion is somehow better than Hillbilly? It's clearly too difficult to balance every killer for emblems.

    I really hope MMR is still going to happen. I'd rather red rank players wait a bit longer (obviously not the 45 minutes @Tsulan mentioned) than scare away more potential killer players by carelessly matchmaking against anyone available.

    Unfortunately I don't think the MMR is still happening. It's been months since they shut it off, let alone even talked about it. Almo said it was still a priority, but it sure doesn't look like that anymore.

    To be honest I stopped expecting features that we have long been asking for. Dead by Daylight is almost 5 years old, and the community has been asking for a training mode since day one, whereas the free to play mobile game received one within three months of release.🤨 How long have we been asking for more blood hunt events? There was always one at the end of December, but this year they give us login bonuses. The list goes on and on. Seriously, WTH?

  • This content has been removed.
  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845020#Comment_1845020

    Unfortunately I don't think the MMR is still happening. It's been months since they shut it off, let alone even talked about it. Almo said it was still a priority, but it sure doesn't look like that anymore.

    To be honest I stopped expecting features that we have long been asking for. Dead by Daylight is almost 5 years old, and the community has been asking for a training mode since day one, whereas the free to play mobile game received one within three months of release.🤨 How long have we been asking for more blood hunt events? There was always one at the end of December, but this year they give us login bonuses. The list goes on and on. Seriously, WTH?

    Maybe the mobile market is more promising/profitable and therefore has a higher priority.

    Kinda like diablo immortal.

  • So this happens to everyone and for some reason

    personally I actually see it now as a blessing in disguise

    going against good players even if they are ruthless is really putting you nose to the grindstone and its a good way to improve quickly at the game, while you could just whack other babies for another 200 hours while barely learning anything, going against good survivors would probably make you learn 10x faster, id say if you are up to the challenge go for it as 98% of it is uphill from here (2% is still when you get a good swf that will probably guaranteed crush you)

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845004#Comment_1845004

    But then you have to start asking what makes a good killer and how to implement that into the ranking system so they can pip and bad killers don't. I think the devs attempted it with the current emblem system, they just failed dramatically. The same goes for survivor. What makes a good survivor? How do you implement that into a ranking system?

    Adjust surv emblem system to favor Bold and lessen altruism. So many matches get thrown because survivors dive bomb hooks for easy points/pips. This imbalance also shows itself with how pathetic most of the survivor population is at running killers.


    simply adjusting it so that altruism isn’t the go to point farmer will help cull a lot of the boosted survivors in red ranks.


    (this entire comment is from the solo q POV, swf is an entirely different animal)

  • @bjorksnas said:

    So this happens to everyone and for some reason

    personally I actually see it now as a blessing in disguise

    going against good players even if they are ruthless is really putting you nose to the grindstone and its a good way to improve quickly at the game, while you could just whack other babies for another 200 hours while barely learning anything, going against good survivors would probably make you learn 10x faster, id say if you are up to the challenge go for it as 98% of it is uphill from here (2% is still when you get a good swf that will probably guaranteed crush you)

    I get what you're saying, but I couldn't disagree more. Yes going up against someone more experienced can improve your playstyle, but getting destroyed that badly doesn't help anyone. Expecting players to compete while they practice is hard enough, which is precisely why the matchmaking needs to be on point.

    In that game there I wasn't able to manage more than two hooks and a handful of hits, and I assure you I have no intention on repeating that experience over and over while I get marginally better.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844867#Comment_1844867

    Right?! How the hell is there not anyone within 10 levels of my rank?

    Probably because it's very easy for them to rank up, hard for them to derank and the ranking system itself is a joke.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845183#Comment_1845183

    I get what you're saying, but I couldn't disagree more. Yes going up against someone more experienced can improve your playstyle, but getting destroyed that badly doesn't help anyone. Expecting players to compete while they practice is hard enough, which is precisely why the matchmaking needs to be on point.

    In that game there I wasn't able to manage more than two hooks and a handful of hits, and I assure you I have no intention on repeating that experience over and over while I get marginally better.

    however that is actually a lot on the killer you played, myers is a bit dated, this isn't really a m1 killer meta right now, to play more consistently across all skill levels you might want to learn a killer that has more than just m1 chase to offer

    make sure the try plenty of killers as you learn to find something that works for you

    and yes you still improve faster being crushed then crushing others

    it might suck but the skills you learn last forever

  • Had this happen the other night. Me and my one friend were at the start of green and my other friends were in yellow/white. We got a red rank one clown. Wasn't a fun experience. Reasons like that are gonna cause this game to lose players

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    Had this happen the other night. Me and my one friend were at the start of green and my other friends were in yellow/white. We got a red rank one clown. Wasn't a fun experience. Reasons like that are gonna cause this game to lose players

    Yeah I play this game with friends a lot more than I do solo, so I do play survivor more than I do killer, but despite experiencing that same setup when I'm playing with my friends, the fact that I'm playing with friends helps to make it more bearable.

    Experiencing this uneven playing field when playing solo, however (regardless if its killer or survivor) is something that I don't ever care to experience again. I'm perfectly comfortable never playing killer again until this matchmaking nonsense is sorted out.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845279#Comment_1845279

    Yeah I play this game with friends a lot more than I do solo, so I do play survivor more than I do killer, but despite experiencing that same setup when I'm playing with my friends, the fact that I'm playing with friends helps to make it more bearable.

    Experiencing this uneven playing field when playing solo, however (regardless if its killer or survivor) is something that I don't ever care to experience again. I'm perfectly comfortable never playing killer again until this matchmaking nonsense is sorted out.

    The issue especially with playing at night is that the queue DOES actually start out with your rank but as it takes longer and longer to find a match the gap gets bigger and bigger as the game frantically searches for your opponent(s). This leads to rank 1 killers against a rank 20 survivor or vice versa. The issue is night time is when many sit down to play because they are busy throughout the day. I get what you are saying about SWF but some of these people I was playing with weren't as experienced as me and they weren't ready for red rank so we got our rear ends handed to us thanks to game matchmaking

  • @bjorksnas said:

    So this happens to everyone and for some reason

    personally I actually see it now as a blessing in disguise

    going against good players even if they are ruthless is really putting you nose to the grindstone and its a good way to improve quickly at the game, while you could just whack other babies for another 200 hours while barely learning anything, going against good survivors would probably make you learn 10x faster, id say if you are up to the challenge go for it as 98% of it is uphill from here (2% is still when you get a good swf that will probably guaranteed crush you)


    The best means of learning is experience, though that's largely because you're able to apply what you're observing/thinking and respond to that feedback with experimentation in real time. Stronger opponents provide more & new experiences to take into account, so generally you're gonna learn more from superior opponents than facing the same class of player forever... yet there's a pivot point.


    How much would you really learn about boxing from going all-out against Mike Tyson for a round?

    Would you learn more, or less, than going all-out against someone of even the exact same experience level as you instead?

    When it comes to your next match tomorrow against someone with slightly more experience than you, which of those experiences would help you more? Which experience actually made you the better boxer for that next match-up?

    And here's the big one.... are you more likely to come back every day after that to try and learn more if you're going against Tyson again (and again, and again) or if you're going against someone of equivalent skill each time, with opponents increasingly in skills as you do? Remember you're doing this for fun.

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲▼

    And Tyson gonna teabag every match too.

  • @Ecstasy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845183#Comment_1845183

    The best means of learning is experience, though that's largely because you're able to apply what you're observing/thinking and respond to that feedback with experimentation in real time. Stronger opponents provide more & new experiences to take into account, so generally you're gonna learn more from superior opponents than facing the same class of player forever... yet there's a pivot point.

    How much would you really learn about boxing from going all-out against Mike Tyson for a round?

    Would you learn more, or less, than going all-out against someone of even the exact same experience level as you instead?

    When it comes to your next match tomorrow against someone with slightly more experience than you, which of those experiences would help you more? Which experience actually made you the better boxer for that next match-up?

    And here's the big one.... are you more likely to come back every day after that to try and learn more if you're going against Tyson again (and again, and again) or if you're going against someone of equivalent skill each time, with opponents increasingly in skills as you do? Remember you're doing this for fun.

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲ ▼

    And Tyson gonna teabag every match too.

    The question is do you learn more against someone with more experience when you are less experienced instead of someone who is less experienced when you are less experienced, rather than learn off of each other and try new things on the spot you go against someone who already knows them and will happily teach you lessons until the gens are done

    sure it might sting

    but you improve much faster then what you could learn by going against someone of your exact skill rank

    watch other players and try and mimic your gameplay after them then try and understand the gameplay until it becomes your own

    or just play a better killer myers is very abusable

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845413#Comment_1845413

    The question is do you learn more against someone with more experience when you are less experienced instead of someone who is less experienced when you are less experienced, rather than learn off of each other and try new things on the spot you go against someone who already knows them and will happily teach you lessons until the gens are done

    sure it might sting

    but you improve much faster then what you could learn by going against someone of your exact skill rank

    watch other players and try and mimic your gameplay after them then try and understand the gameplay until it becomes your own

    or just play a better killer myers is very abusable

    You're missing the point we're trying to make though. You keep saying that you'll improve much faster by competing against someone far more experienced than yourself. No one's denying that, but there has to be a gradual process. Sure I know how to swim, but that doesn't mean I'm ready to compete against Olympic athletes.

    There's a reason why there's a beginner, intermediate, and advanced categories for many trades out there. Yeah I could learn something by jumping straight into expert difficulty, but that doesn't mean I'm going to understand it, let alone keep up.

  • I don't think it's a lack of killer issue.

    I play solo survivor, I get boosted teammates and strong killers.

    I play killer, I get strong survivors.

    Honestly starting to wonder if the devs punish us for NOT spending money.

    That's how it feels.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845183#Comment_1845183

    Not everyone plays games trying to improve, this is not an esports. People play because they want to have fun, and I doubt you can have fun being stomped by players that are more experienced than you.

    its fun to improve, and people still say gg after getting stomped by me playing blight so idk what gives but that's like both your points

  • @OBX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845010#Comment_1845010

    Adjust surv emblem system to favor Bold and lessen altruism. So many matches get thrown because survivors dive bomb hooks for easy points/pips. This imbalance also shows itself with how pathetic most of the survivor population is at running killers.

    simply adjusting it so that altruism isn’t the go to point farmer will help cull a lot of the boosted survivors in red ranks.

    (this entire comment is from the solo q POV, swf is an entirely different animal)

    There's too many imbalances with swf to even go there when it comes to ranking. That's mostly because comms exist, but there's nothing the devs can really do about comms.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845190#Comment_1845190

    There's too many imbalances with swf to even go there when it comes to ranking. That's mostly because comms exist, but there's nothing the devs can really do about comms.

    That’s why I said my post was only talking about solo q. Did you bother reading it?

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845430#Comment_1845430

    You're missing the point we're trying to make though. You keep saying that you'll improve much faster by competing against someone far more experienced than yourself. No one's denying that, but there has to be a gradual process. Sure I know how to swim, but that doesn't mean I'm ready to compete against Olympic athletes.

    There's a reason why there's a beginner, intermediate, and advanced categories for many trades out there. Yeah I could learn something by jumping straight into expert difficulty, but that doesn't mean I'm going to understand it, let alone keep up.

    I would like to see a noob go against nurmagomedov in a cage match and see what they learned...

  • I saw my buddy at rank 20 with a killer never played before matched with two reds and two purples.

  • @VikingWilson said:

    I saw my buddy at rank 20 with a killer never played before matched with two reds and two purples.

    Yup. I know people have predicted doom and gloom for DBD in the past, but I find those predictions to be more prevalent than ever. With matchmaking in the state that it is, and no single player content of any kind, the odds of DBD attracting and keeping new players is incredibly low.

  • @OBX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845745#Comment_1845745

    That’s why I said my post was only talking about solo q. Did you bother reading it?

    I did I just specifically agreed with the swf part.

  • Every day for 6 months someone has posted about how bad the matchmaking is. I assume it has gone on long before then, but I only started coming here this year.


    The matchmaking in this game is awful and the devs should be embarrassed by it. The fact when they try to setup MMR based matchmaking it has failed in the past is further proof they are very bad at basic concepts in an online game.

    They also don't really care or this problem would have been addressed a long time ago.

  • The pip system was only implemented to force interaction between killer and survivor. It is nothing but a band aid to attempt to stop survivors just banging out gens and killers camping every hook.

    The depip squad showed that if they did not have something to incentivise interaction then survivors can and WILL escape every game because all they need to do is hold m1.

    We don't really have a pip/rank system that actually shows skill.

‹ 1 2