Survivors, do you do this too? LOL
First off, to those who celebrate, Merry Christmas. To those who don't, still happy holidays.
Now for this hilarious match that just happened. The match starts and things go great for me as Freddy. Three people get downed near the basement and I put them in there. Now here's the funny part. I get my teleport and I teleport as far away as possible in hopes that the last person will save everyone (there were bloody party streamers played so I felt bad). Instead, she hid for the entire 2-ish minutes and everyone died on first hook. Then she found the hatch and waited for me, she dropped a pallet on my head then teabagged me and jumped in. I find this hilarious. She literally did nothing all game and she thought teabagging would like show me that I can't catch her and she's better than me or something? Even though she hid and let everyone die on first hook. That was just hilarious to me. When I play survivors I wouldn't have let everyone die on first hook, even if it seemed hopeless I would have tried. So would anyone else?
Comments
Nah. If I can be the best Bill I can be and die saving everyone, that's how it's gonna be.
I am super altruistic and I would rather die trying to make a save than escape the match like that. I am the one that goes for the risky saves and I will one for one with someone if necessary even if I know I'm going to die for it...that's the fun of the game for me.
And Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you too @ChurchofPig
To be honest, you were Freddy so there is a LITTLE part of me that can see not charging into the basement against a Killer that just took down three people into the basement through either great gameplay or cheesy gameplay that also has traps to alert him to come running (or teleport) back to take us all down again anyways.
There are those Survivors though. I had 3 matches of late where I get them down to 2 players and someone decides to hide it out. One match both of them hid which turned into a super long match of searching the swamp for two people hiding in corners. The other two matches had one hide and the other attempt gens. I didn't want to kill the one actually trying though so ended up letting them do the last gen or two cause I actually respected they were willing to risk it while the other just crouched in corners.
If it means anything. I sacrifice myself even when trying for adepts.
I may or may not depending on the killer and their behaviour.
If it’s Hag though, then nope, you’re dead, and I’m not committing suicide going down there.
Fair, but I should also add I saw this Cheryl at one point and left her alone for no good reason and she threw down a fake pallet so she knew she didn't have to worry about snares. Also the other 3 were fairly low rank so it definitely was not because a good gameplay.
It depends on how fast you dropped them. If they all went down super fast and stupidly I might very well come to the conclusion that they’re not worth saving. Or that you’re using Insidious and it is a trap. I could go either way, honestly.
I would have totally done the same if I was the last person or I would have ran to basement to get hooked if it was a disgusting freddy again
Gotta ask... was it a Cheryl? I've come across so many that play this way that it's automatically who my brain used to fill in for this story.
Sometimes I abandon survivors (though not this blatantly), I'd prefer to get myself out over getting anyone else out. Nevertheless, I will try. I once spent 15m after finding hatch to find the other survivor left so we could both key away. However, if it comes to it, I'm getting out of there over saving you.
Also who tf teabags after this?
It was in fact a Cheryl
I mean if 3 of my teammates all go down near the basement they can stay in there.
I always risk my life for my teammates even if they're not good at all.
But going all down near the basement is really a bad play (unless rare occasions) which i won't fix for them.
"In today's story Ace got in trouble. Moved by greediness, he looted and plundered the basement's chest only to find an Insiduous Leatherface hiding around the corner. Adam was ingenious and managed to help him get out while serving as bait, only to Deliver himself from the hook when Bubba turned away. So don't forget kids, if you're diving into the basement, equip your deliverance. Until next time, bye."
If I were running solo Survivor, there is a good to fair chance I would have left them there depending on the situation(eg. Gens done, Killer Proximity, ect.) I did once end up on the wrong side of what I later learned was a "Basement Bubba" which has left me a bit apprehensive about such situations. If I'm running with at least one friend, I am much more inclined to go for them, because I do personally fell that letting someone die on first hook, especially of they haven't tried to escape themselves is just a dick move regardless. That being said, if I'm running by myself, we still have 4 gens to go, and I got the one done all by my lonesome? Yeah *Cartman Voice* "Screw you guys, I'm going hatch" XD
I would have gone to get them. At that point, the match is a loss either way, so why not try to do something at least?
I definitely have had funny moments where a survivor does something unremarkable then teabags like they have something to gloat about. It's hard to tell in context whether they're being ironic or not.
So you tried to bait the last survivor to come into the basement and he didnt fall for it. Where exactly is the problem?
I will save if I can, especially if its at the beginning of the match. If the killer has shown me that they're super sweaty with constant tunneling and slugging at 4/5 gens, I'll turn into a bush and make the game last as long as possible. I won't hold the game hostage, but I will disappear the second Spine Chill flickers.
If someone is in the basement towards the end of the match and the killer is camping? I'm out, better to give the killer one kill than two.
First off thank you! Hope your holidays are joy filled too!
Now to answer your post, it seems to be very mixed, Some people will just let they're allies die to get out, others will do all they can to save they're allies. Especially when the match is a loss anyways.
Honestly people act cocky even when they're losing. They see it as an intimidation tactic. That's why you see many players Tbagging and flash light clicking in the early game, they're hoping you get mad and make a mistake
But in the case of her...looks more like a sad attempt to blow her win out of proportion, Despite hatch being COMPLETELY hit or miss
Ps what map were you on? I had a Freddy that killed me early and a teammate sat in a Bush for 2 minutes untill I died, I'm use to it as a solo q player, so I didn't get too annoyed. If it was you then good game
The map was Wreckers' Yard.
I play on Nintendo Switch with crossplay off, so unless that's all correct than it wasn't me.
Short answer:
"Nah he sucks. REAL survivors die but don't let others behind."
OR
She was like "Your bait did no worked"
Yeah, there's a lot of variables here and I think others summed it up pretty well. If you want your survs to have a chance after doing all of that, it's best to not use basement hooks at all. Some are overly cautious because they've been burned by the infamous Basement Bubba, some are new and too nervous to attempt those saves, some just don't care. But seeing three people all basement hooked at once... I do some stupid [BAD WORD] while playing survivor, but even I might be wary about that.
Of course, I had a similar incident happen recently where the killer was a Bubba, and downed two people and hooked them close together. I assumed he was camping and didn't go in for the saves, just did gens because I considered the match lost, especially when he found the third surv a minute later. They all jumped on me at the end of the match like I was the bad guy, but again. This ain't my first rodeo. I'm used to tons of campers wasting my time with bait hooks.
Looks like we know what the stereotype for Cheryl is, then.