I'm tired of killers who tunnel thinking of themselves as "good players"

First of all merry christmas and happy ... 2021! (English is not my language, sry)

I'm going to be honest with all of you, me being a main killer. Who thinks he is a good player when he has killed all 4 players by tunneling when the survivors are so bad that they do not know what to do in that situation?

I would be delighted if the devs thought of a way which would prevent or in any way penalize in such a way that these killers have to change the way they play. I know it is a form of game, but there is a lot of "ego" in this game, almost more than 60% of the players play to WIN, which .. speaking of Dead by Daylight (it is not a competitive game) also adding that these Tunneling by the killers makes them appear in the BHVR statistics and the equivalent of many of them have to nerf because of these players who play this way, I don't see it fair, to give an example from my experience, in my games of survivors, I find every 10 games, 5 tunnellers who end up killing 3 even 4 players because there is so little level that these players do not know what to do against these people. Why don't you do something? You are respecting the statistics when some statistics are many factors behind this, so please I would be super enthusiastic that someday BVHR deals in some way or another with this "thing.

Do you think it fair that a killer who tunnels kills all 4? It's fair? In consecuense...

BHVR: Take the stats ... Example: Trapper kills 4 in each game? Why could it be? Bear in mind that there is a lot of camper and tunneller and this I THINK that the devs do not take it into account.

To finish, to say that, I do not believe that it is fulfilled or that any community manager will read it, that one day those players who play easy (camping or tunneling) obtaining 4k will be penalized in some way by inciting another mode of play.

Thank you.

Comments

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838946#Comment_1838946

    If less than 1% of players have made it to rank 1, shouldnt the red rank stats be more accurate? If killer gets harder as you get up ranks then why does the kill rate increase the higher the rank you go?

    That's a good point. But in the past it used to be for years that killers had lower kill rate at high rank and higher at low rank when rank 20 killers butchered low rank survivors. Like i said the statistics are strange, once they released statistics, which said that rank 1 survivors have 80% escape ratio. How do you explain that?

  • @valvarez4 said:

    because selfish people always play killer because they need to feel powerful

    I feel ultra powerful when premades Tbags at the door :)

    DS, Borrow, UB... The Game has a lot of perks to avoid Tunneling.

    Try to join private Game with friends, and just Chase 1 of them dropping all the palets, the rest Rush gens and see how gens fly and they still having palets to drop


    The problem is not tunnel, the problem is that survivors reach red ranks holding M1 and taking points loosing chases, and they think they are good and Killers are OP because they are red ranks and a purple killer Smash them.

  • @Asqueado said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838959#Comment_1838959

    I feel ultra powerful when premades Tbags at the door :)

    DS, Borrow, UB... The Game has a lot of perks to avoid Tunneling.

    Try to join private Game with friends, and just Chase 1 of them dropping all the palets, the rest Rush gens and see how gens fly and they still having palets to drop

    The problem is not tunnel, the problem is that survivors reach red ranks holding M1 and taking points loosing chases, and they think they are good and Killers are OP because they are red ranks and a purple killer Smash them.

    The problem is killers are so overpowered survs barely escape, so devs need to rank up survs so they could think they won something. No one wants to ply a game when 75% of times you lost

  • The problem is design flaw and refusing to address the elephant in the room with gen speeds and no real second objectives to complete, the problem isn't the killer tunneling it's the fact that if I'm playing wraith or clown and I pick the wrong direction to walk in at the beginning of the game let's say 25 seconds to find the first survivor, a short 25- 30 second chase occurs , and then hooking and traveling to where the gens are being completed 20-25 seconds at least and there should be three gens popping if the survivors are good , so you're down to 2 gens because of how long it took to get the first chase started but not because they ran you, what does the killer do now? Obviously 12 hooking isn't going to happen with those killers and unless they've screwed themselves on a 3 gen I'm going to be the one screwed in that situation. If it's a lower tier killer I don't blame them for tunneling but if it's a higher tier I have a whole different opinion about a killer with map pressure tunneling.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838946#Comment_1838946

    If less than 1% of players have made it to rank 1, shouldnt the red rank stats be more accurate? If killer gets harder as you get up ranks then why does the kill rate increase the higher the rank you go?

    Maybe because as killers get to red rank they can actually play better and kill more?

    I escape most of my matches with 1 friend and 2 randoms and I'm not that good as survivor neither is he..

    adding 2 more gens for red ranks would be better but again I seen so many smurfs.. (smurf story){I was looped for about a minute at asylum(made me hate the map) on a 4 window loop, even with bamboozle I was screwed instead of catching up he was actually getting more distance, luckily he didn't see one of my traps and got caught 4 gens were done by the end of the chase around 3minute ingame.... }He was a rank 20 smurf with 15 accounts on his friends list with the same name... now he got unlucky with the trap but game is done way too fast against a team and that's a fact, kinda boring playing survivor when I escape 9/10 times, 10/10 when we bring key and map so yes kinda OP...

    About survivors barely escaping? Don't make me laugh like lmao I never seen a good survivor team die unless they made a mistake, obviously gotta react fast enough as killer to use their mistake to your advantage but until key factors in the game change(pun unintended) such as infinite loops, keys,maps and other issues I don't see why survivors complain about killers?

    I don't tunnel intentionally myself but I saw someone write this somewhere, why isn't anyone talking about survivors tunneling their objectives? And going for gen they were doing then getting back on it instead of finding a new one? Really opened my eyes that, kinda makes me wanna tunnel to hopefully bridge the gap between the power gap

  • that is basically why survivor getting "tunneled" by noed spirits all day..

    Neue Bitmap (3).jpg

    Dont pretend its not the survivors fault the remaining killer dont give a ######### about your fun.

  • I saw an amazing Huntress today! She could fly and everything! Must be crazy skilled! /s

  • @Raccoon said:

    I am tired of survivors that don't do at least 1.25 gens, a totem, at least 1 unhook with a heal, and can't hold a chase for 1 minute minimum thinking they are good.

    /s

    One up I had a survivor who blamed there ping for me getting them when they was wounded wasted 3 vaults had no pallets and I was in bl and saying I’m bad when I caught them mid vault and would have caught them no matter what happened.


    pluse ended that game with a triple basement sacrifice I mean 1 basement hooked catch another going for a rescue then last guy has the audacity to try without bt in front of me and I might play a 1shot huntress a lot but it’s the best counter I’ve found to red rank pc players

  • I'm tired of survivors who get hit by the killer and think he is cheating.

  • @Clevite said:

    There really are two kinds of tunneling. Toxic tunneling, straight off the hook, through BT, through DS don't give a ######### about genny protection tunneling.

    And sorry I found you again but need a kill to get some momentum tunneling.

    Tunneling is fine as a tactic. But if tunneling someone straight out of the game is your whole strategy, then you're probably a bit boosted.

    My issue is with the first one, it simply works.

    Solo teammates simply give up when they see killers hard tunneling someone.

  • @Windfell said:

    Tunnel? A Killer needs to tunnel these days just to slow games down. Mori's would slow games down but are now completely useless and a pointless offering in the Bloodweb.

    Moris were used to slow the game?


    They ended the match early...

  • @Th3Nightmare said:

    First of all merry christmas and happy ... 2021! (English is not my language, sry)

    I'm going to be honest with all of you, me being a main killer. Who thinks he is a good player when he has killed all 4 players by tunneling when the survivors are so bad that they do not know what to do in that situation?

    I would be delighted if the devs thought of a way which would prevent or in any way penalize in such a way that these killers have to change the way they play. I know it is a form of game, but there is a lot of "ego" in this game, almost more than 60% of the players play to WIN, which .. speaking of Dead by Daylight (it is not a competitive game) also adding that these Tunneling by the killers makes them appear in the BHVR statistics and the equivalent of many of them have to nerf because of these players who play this way, I don't see it fair, to give an example from my experience, in my games of survivors, I find every 10 games, 5 tunnellers who end up killing 3 even 4 players because there is so little level that these players do not know what to do against these people. Why don't you do something? You are respecting the statistics when some statistics are many factors behind this, so please I would be super enthusiastic that someday BVHR deals in some way or another with this "thing.

    Do you think it fair that a killer who tunnels kills all 4? It's fair? In consecuense...

    BHVR: Take the stats ... Example: Trapper kills 4 in each game? Why could it be? Bear in mind that there is a lot of camper and tunneller and this I THINK that the devs do not take it into account.

    To finish, to say that, I do not believe that it is fulfilled or that any community manager will read it, that one day those players who play easy (camping or tunneling) obtaining 4k will be penalized in some way by inciting another mode of play.

    Thank you.

    in red rank, you are not going to win getting 12 hooks every match, sorry, game is bad balanced, so suck it up while using your ds and unbk

  • @Brhoom said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1836911#Comment_1836911

    My issue is with the first one, it simply works.

    Solo teammates simply give up when they see killers hard tunneling someone.

    No doubts, it is effective. Especially those that do it and use Noed for insurance to get that second or third kill.

    And against 4 solos, it's almost broken.

    But, it is well within the rules, and something that is hotly debated as far as where it fits in with sportsmanship.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    I'm personally tired of survivors who I could have tunneled, but literally let live, thinking of themselves as good when they are alive because I allowed them to be alive.

    Coin goes both ways.

    I repeat again, the number of times that I HAVE NOT TUNNELED and that player at the end of the game if he escapes, "GG WP EZ GAME" laughs at you, when you have given him chanse and escape, I know, but we must all fall into the same trap?

  • @ccactus623 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1836620#Comment_1836620

    Killing the survivors is the point of the game, if you want to ignore the easy target in front of you then that's your decision but that's not the best choice. If you have over 4000 hours in the game you know exactly why people tunnel. If you're at one gen with 4 people alive and two are on death hook you need to chase one of them and not someone who's not been hooked.

    Okay, I know the killer's goal is to KILL, but imagine that ALL killers in the game wear that goal ... will the survivors have fun? Imagine a match not ... ALL 1-3 minute survivor matches. funny?

    And do you know why killers tunnel? Because if the killer makes a "fair play" he will not be able to kill more than 2 because the game is super badly balanced.

  • @Windfell said:

    Tunnel? A Killer needs to tunnel these days just to slow games down. Mori's would slow games down but are now completely useless and a pointless offering in the Bloodweb.

    Why do killers need to tunnel? Because the game is super unbalanced and is not capable of doing more than 2-3 kills if playing fair.

  • I agree, ive played both sides for a long time now, when i play killer i dont tunnel anyone and i still kill everyone so its possible to win without tunneling and playing like a child

  • I don't go easy on bad teams because those matches are not satisfying. I want them done and over with quickly and I beat them down ruthlessly so that the matchmaker will lower their rating and put them against a killer closer to their skill rating and I get put with people more worth my time.

    If you go easy on people all the time, you just make the matchmaker that's already screwed up even worse.

  • If survivors are focused on... surviving, trying to play round robin with the hooks is basically impossible.

    I hate to say it, but if you're not playing a high mobility killer, tunneling the first survivor to death is virtually law for securing a 3-4K. It makes such a monumental difference when you're have to deal with 3 survivors versus 4. And mobility killers aren't even infallible to this. Even Spirit, Hillbilly, and Freddy can get crushed trying to "play fairly" with all hooks for everyone, and it's exceedingly common to see 3 generators repaired by the first hook if survivor spawn locations, generators, and the survivor being chased are all in favorable positions against the killer. How fast you get the first hook is a good indicator of how the game will go. If 3 generators get repaired, you're lucky to get 2 kills without playing extremely scummy.

    I almost fully anticipate NOED now, and as much as I hate tunneling, there isn't really any option for the killer not to do it when they're the ones being pressured by being behind. I really like Make Your Choice as a perk that disincentives tunneling, but it doesn't automatically fix the balance issue at hand.

    It was like a year or so ago that somebody did a Leatherface camping experiment, and he almost universally "won", even if the survivor he caught and camped first struggled the entire time.

  • @ccactus623 said:

    If "tunneling" is working why would you stop ? The best strat has always been remove one person quickly. You can't 12 hook every game focusing two people is the best stay now with the current DS. Plus if the killer runs in to some just unhooked should they ignore them ?

    This unfortunately. See a really bad killer tunneling and hard camping in red ranks? They're doing it because they got boosted by bad survivors who rewarded that playstyle.

  • @Eninya said:

    If survivors are focused on... surviving, trying to play round robin with the hooks is basically impossible.

    I hate to say it, but if you're not playing a high mobility killer, tunneling the first survivor to death is virtually law for securing a 3-4K. It makes such a monumental difference when you're have to deal with 3 survivors versus 4. And mobility killers aren't even infallible to this. Even Spirit, Hillbilly, and Freddy can get crushed trying to "play fairly" with all hooks for everyone, and it's exceedingly common to see 3 generators repaired by the first hook if survivor spawn locations, generators, and the survivor being chased are all in favorable positions against the killer. How fast you get the first hook is a good indicator of how the game will go. If 3 generators get repaired, you're lucky to get 2 kills without playing extremely scummy.

    I almost fully anticipate NOED now, and as much as I hate tunneling, there isn't really any option for the killer not to do it when they're the ones being pressured by being behind. I really like Make Your Choice as a perk that disincentives tunneling, but it doesn't automatically fix the balance issue at hand.

    It was like a year or so ago that somebody did a Leatherface camping experiment, and he almost universally "won", even if the survivor he caught and camped first struggled the entire time.

    I think the idea is you round-robin so quickly that there's rarely more than 1 person on a generator at a time. By the time the first pair gets healed, you already have another down and on a hook.

    Doesn't work in practice though, as you pointed out. And honestly, you can't expect people to not go for the kill when death permanantly removes hands from a generator.

    While it's technically true to say "you can if you are good enough do it without tunneling", it's unrealistic to expect people not to and they shouldn't be insulted for doing what makes sense.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2075547#Comment_2075547

    I think the idea is you round-robin so quickly that there's rarely more than 1 person on a generator at a time. By the time the first pair gets healed, you already have another down and on a hook.

    Doesn't work in practice though, as you pointed out. And honestly, you can't expect people to not go for the kill when death permanantly removes hands from a generator.

    While it's technically true to say "you can if you are good enough do it without tunneling", it's unrealistic to expect people not to and they shouldn't be insulted for doing what makes sense.

    It could be argued that it's a skill issue, but it's not a killer skill issue so much as a survivor one. I absolutely try to draw out a game, but if I'm pressing for kills (which is secondary these days behind the archive stuff) I feel like I need to tunnel if the survivors are focused on repairs and escaping. Nothing pressures the survivors like one of their own constantly on a hook. Death just makes it even worse, since only one can be free to repair at a time, massively slowing repair times. Even then, this is no guarantee with a low mobility killer, or worse: a setup one.

    If survivors screw around and open chests, or go for totems, and I can get momentum, the game will play differently. However, that becomes increasingly infrequent at red ranks. Combine this with RNG of spawns and you've got a bad time if you're trying to "play fair". It wouldn't be such a big deal, but any survivor tries to rub their survival in your face, and it just creates a cycle of tunneling/camping them to death, and them just being pricks either way. lol

  • @Th3Nightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838358#Comment_1838358

    Why do killers need to tunnel? Because the game is super unbalanced and is not capable of doing more than 2-3 kills if playing fair.

    Doc if he play fair he does 2-3k, so he tunnel and camper and he gets 4k. So fair

  • Tunneling a player out of the game is like choosing between finishing a gen at 60% vs starting a new gen with 0%. I know which one is the easier one to get done so why wouldnt i.

1 2 ›