How can you think Pig is ok, Devs?

Seriously, she has a ######### sound cue to let you know her "ambush attack" is coming, ambush means surprise attack, why does she still have her roar? At least place it to where she stands up and starts running.

Her traps are completely RNG, you said they were designed to waste survivors time, what kind of time is It gonna waste if they get It off on their first try. Imo they should search for at least 2 boxes and then it's a 50/50 between the last 2. And yh, I know how the traps actually work, each trap at the start of the game gets pared with a Jigsaw Box... Just delete that and improve how It works because nobody likes that and we've been saying It for years.

Her main power, the traps, is useless once all the gens are done, you can escape with the freacking trap on your head, and no one EVER asked for that nerf, not even survivors. Are you seriously telling me that It was that hard to keep the power as It was and just make the endgame timer go slower when someone has a trap on? Also, now that Victor can hold a survivor and stop them from leaving, It wont even be necessary to kill then if they try to leave, just add that same option when they have the trap on.

And these are just some ideas, but her add-ons need a rework as well, just saying.

Comments

  • I think traps should still activate if the last gens are done but the EGC hasn't started. Most people just 99% the door, so it would encourage them to open the gate and start the EGC timer to avoid the trap timer. That change would add at least something to make the end scenario more interesting anyway.

  • Somebody have a bad pig match?

    She could use some mild buffs but she's far from useless.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Ambush could use some work, yes. It feels a bit clunky/disjointed and the Undetectable status and TR are a bit unintuitive in when/how they apply from a Killers perspective.

    The key is placed randomly across between all boxes upon trap placement. https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Jigsaw_Boxes, so from our perspective it's just RNG, and not accidentally giving the Survivor a party hat next to the 'correct' one.

    Making inactive Traps allow Survivors to exit is IMO kinda a good move. Otherwise most gameplay will see Pig placing towards the end of match, banking on forcing Survivors to go to a box where you will be able to check their position during the EGC and quite literally making hook saves on trapped survivors pointless.

    Making RBTs more of an active threat during the match certainly could be looked at, given for the most part Survivors will just do objectives 'till they have to worry about it (being active), unless you're using something like slow-release toxic or the facemask.

    Addon's could be looked at, but IMO I'm just biased in that I don't think that the Gears/Wires actually do all that much.

    If they go for RBT only at then end then she has nothing to slow down the game and her dash attack is niche right now.

  • I didn't even know they nerfed the pig.


    On this forum, everyone tells me killers and their perks are essentially never nerfed but just a 'rework' due to some bull reasons like, it was OP, unfun, and boring.


    And they're serious about their claims.


    So now u can escape w a activated trap on ur head? Or it just simply deactivates once all gens are done?

  • I would be nice if opening the games would activate her traps. Probably should slow the timer down as well.


    I just personally kinda enjoy the RNG part to her. Although it seems like most of the time, the survivors get the RBT off first time.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1827878#Comment_1827878

    Well, like any other killer, why would you wait until the end of the match to use your power? Not sure of the point with that statement.

    They're answering you by saying there's a drawback and risk to only using the traps at the end of the game.

    "Making inactive Traps allow Survivors to exit is IMO kinda a good move. Otherwise most gameplay will see Pig placing towards the end of match, banking on forcing Survivors to go to a box where you will be able to check their position during the EGC and quite literally making hook saves on trapped survivors pointless."

  • @noctis129 said:

    I didn't even know they nerfed the pig.

    On this forum, everyone tells me killers and their perks are essentially never nerfed but just a 'rework' due to some bull reasons like, it was OP, unfun, and boring.

    And they're serious about their claims.

    So now u can escape w a activated trap on ur head? Or it just simply deactivates once all gens are done?

    Before, in addition to the timer starting when a gen is completed, a Reverse Bear Trap's timer would also automatically start once the Exit Gates were powered, which meant that attempting to cross through the Exit Gates while wearing a Trap would instantly kill you.

    Now, the timer only starts ticking when a generator is a completed, and a Reverse Bear Trap will only kill someone trying to escape if the Trap's timer has started. If the gens are all finished (or the Hatch is closed), putting a Reverse Bear Trap on someone is pointless because it will never start up and thus will not kill someone trying to escape through the Exit Gate.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1827894#Comment_1827894

    I'd rather see ambush get a quality pass than see RBTs prevent escape when placed during end-game.

    That drawback and risk is basically saying "Pigs basekit is underwhelming during a match and only useful later in the game as a crutch if I'm bad". And if you say "It's not that I'm bad, it's that the Pigs kit has less pressure earlier in the Match", well, that's the problem, isn't it?

    Untitled Image


  • I wouldn´t be surprised if the devs nerfed the pig.

    Since she has a high kill rate.

  • @voorheesgt said:

    Somebody have a bad pig match?

    She could use some mild buffs but she's far from useless.

    #########? Who said she's useless? And why does someone has to have a bad match in order to speak some truth? I havent played the game in like 2 weeks. It's sad how almost everyone in this community has so much sense of superiority that when someone has actual reasons to make a point they go with the clitche "oh you made a post because you had a bad match."

    I made the post because SOME DEVS, who Im not gonna name here... think Pig is just ok the way she is right now...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1827933#Comment_1827933

    Why not both?

    If Ambush becomes a decent loop Power, she may become over-tuned depending on how that interacts RBTs end-game stall.

    I don't think so, personally. Given how the only point in the game where those two aspects of the Pig would intersect is the very end of the game, I can't see how letting those two things happen would end up pushing Pig over the edge. The only thing you'd really need to do is just ensure that wearing an RBT in the end-game would not be a guaranteed death sentence (which is pretty much as simple as making sure the EGC timer isn't running while someone's RBT timer is ticking down).

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Ambush could use some work, yes. It feels a bit clunky/disjointed and the Undetectable status and TR are a bit unintuitive in when/how they apply from a Killers perspective.

    The key is placed randomly across between all boxes upon trap placement. https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Jigsaw_Boxes, so from our perspective it's just RNG, and not accidentally giving the Survivor a party hat next to the 'correct' one.

    Making inactive Traps allow Survivors to exit is IMO kinda a good move. Otherwise most gameplay will see Pig placing towards the end of match, banking on forcing Survivors to go to a box where you will be able to check their position during the EGC and quite literally making hook saves on trapped survivors pointless.

    Making RBTs more of an active threat during the match certainly could be looked at, given for the most part Survivors will just do objectives 'till they have to worry about it (being active), unless you're using something like slow-release toxic or the facemask.

    Addon's could be looked at, but IMO I'm just biased in that I don't think that the Gears/Wires actually do all that much.

    Even when RBT used to kill survivors, most people would still use It mid game because It is way better to do so.

    It wasnt efficient to play endgame, It could get you some kills but the main reason why people played It was fun. People, including myself, made a lot of noise when the devs nerfed her because they killed a fun endgame build for no reason at all.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1827847#Comment_1827847

    #########? Who said she's useless? And why does someone has to have a bad match in order to speak some truth? I havent played the game in like 2 weeks. It's sad how almost everyone in this community has so much sense of superiority that when someone has actual reasons to make a point they go with the clitche "oh you made a post because you had a bad match."

    I made the post because SOME DEVS, who Im not gonna name here... think Pig is just ok the way she is right now...

    Pig is just a m1 killer w no anti loop skills. So she basically sucks.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1827882#Comment_1827882

    Before, in addition to the timer starting when a gen is completed, a Reverse Bear Trap's timer would also automatically start once the Exit Gates were powered, which meant that attempting to cross through the Exit Gates while wearing a Trap would instantly kill you.

    Now, the timer only starts ticking when a generator is a completed, and a Reverse Bear Trap will only kill someone trying to escape if the Trap's timer has started. If the gens are all finished (or the Hatch is closed), putting a Reverse Bear Trap on someone is pointless because it will never start up and thus will not kill someone trying to escape through the Exit Gate.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1827925#Comment_1827925

    https://thebizofbaking.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/PNLD.jpg

    Thanks for explanation. And without salt.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1827878#Comment_1827878

    Well, like any other killer, why would you wait until the end of the match to use your power? Not sure of the point with that statement.

    You were saying it's a good thing that trap do nothing end game & don't activate at EGC. It's just bad that it doesn't and like Terro said, if the killed bank on RBT at the end then she have nothing for the rest of the game.

    IMO it would make her end game more interesting while not being op.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1827954#Comment_1827954

    Making one part of her power stronger so Survivors are weaker at the EGC, coupled with making that same EGC more punishing? They work off of one another.

    Also, the EGC would always need to tick down, unless you want special cases to exist. And not a Death Sentence? If you're losing why wouldn't you follow the Survivor that literally cannot leave the Exit Gates? (Whereas other Survivors can, meaning chasing them is a lost cause).

    Considering that 3/4 people (assuming everyone is still alive by then) can just leave easy peasy, I don't see that as an issue as long as it's not overbuffed. Sure, the Pig could keep Survivors trapped with a Reverse Bear Trap, but that is likely to affect no more than one person unless the others feel like being super altruistic.

    And yes, I am advocating for a special case for the Reverse Bear Trap. As far as "not a death sentence", they can still leave through the Hatch as long as the other Survivors have the common sense to leave.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1828013#Comment_1828013

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1828008#Comment_1828008

    It's about counterplay and usability. If you're at the EGC and the RBTs do not allow a Survivor to escape (because you placed one on them then), there isn't much counterplay. To have been applied during the EGC, or when the Exit Gates are powered, you will have needed to down them. That means you know where they are, and where they will likely be headed (since you see the Box Auras). And if they've been hooked, you have an Altruism trap, needing Altruistic Survivors to get you off of hook. As you say TAG, that is the altruistic Death Sentence that will be the most common.

    Standard procedure at that point would be to just let the Hooked Survivor die, and everyone else escape. And that's boring. It's not even like NOED where Survivors can skulk around the map while the Killer is guarding the Hook to get rid of the effect.

    And if her kit is "weak" without it, then buff something else. Her Ambush is a prime contender.

    Death by altruism means little to me. If you don't want that to happen, leave. If that's the only issue with this, then I don't see a reason to not bring it back.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1828057#Comment_1828057

    No, I'm saying that a RBT'ed Survivor at the EGC/Exit Gate powered stage not only has a Death Sentence, but any Survivor trying to save them will likely also suffer from the Altruistic Death Trap too. Double whammy.

    Survivor gets downed during EGC/Exit Gate power, slap an RBT on them and hook 'em. Camp. Anyone that tries to save them gets slapped and hooked, and hey, look at that, the Unhooked guy still can't leave and you've got someone else on Hook (or slugged). Do ya wanna tunnel, or camp some more, how many RBT's you got left?

    Alternatively, everyone leaves similar to NOED and that's that?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1828092#Comment_1828092

    Ah yes, I forgot that Survivors can pre-emptively cleanse RBTs before they're put on, and remove them remotely off of other Survivors when active.

    I'm saying they leave the unfortunate Survivor behind. It's what I would do.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1828112#Comment_1828112

    Sounds like thrilling and engaging gameplay on both sides...

    From my experiences, that point of the game is usually filled with camping a captured Survivor anyways, so it's not like it's thrilling and engaging to begin with. :P

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1828126#Comment_1828126

    You can at least try to do something though. With this proposed addition of reverting the RBT killzone to its old version, there really isn't much you can do, if anything at all. At least if they get the EGC started and activate traps on the 5th gen, that's on them. But with this change it's simply because of the design of the RBTs. You get downed during EGC and get a party hat, you're almost certainly dead with little input from The Killer apart from standard EGC gameplay. Not even a hook trade will help, and that'll almost certainly hurt more than help.

    You get the unhook, body block a hit to give the RBT Survivor a head start, and then everyone bails for the exit while the RBT person looks for the Hatch.

  • They looked at their statistics, which is all they know how to do, and decided she is fine. Because they don't understand how to balance their own game and because they've created imaginary "win" conditions for balance to make balance easier. Dur, 2 kill. 2 Survive. Iz balance!!!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1828173#Comment_1828173

    I get it, I understand it., and would welcome it if it's just flavor.

    But it's talked about as though it's a strategy. And while I'm not against different approaches, I'm concerned that it's going to make Pig overtuned if this can also be leveraged consistently. I've honestly never played Pig before that nerf, so I'm used to placing Traps on instantly (or around 3 Gens left). All I can say is that if it's introduced it will simply up my kill-rate without a change in playstyle.

    And hell, Pig is already up there with that Killrate.

    Pig wasn't good (in my opinion) when she had access to that option, and she hasn't gotten anything meaningful that would warrant not re-gaining that. I'm not going to start playing an endgame cheese build if this were re-implemented because I don't think an endgame cheese build is anything more than a gimmick.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1828193#Comment_1828193

    Why re-add it in the guise of a "buff" then? IMO she needs a bit of a tweak to her Crouch/Ambush to make it feel and flow better. (As well as some things getting tweaked, like the Exhaustion add-on, that just benefits tunneling). If that doesn't cause her to become too OP, then maybe that can be looked at at a later date.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1828189#Comment_1828189

    Been playing Pig a lot recently. She's actually pretty decent. Ambush/Crouch could use a bit of polish (not relying on addon's for starters to flow well, combat straps + at least one charge addon).

    I've found that without any addons, the RBTs are sometime a joke, especially on coordinated teams. Leaving gens near completed is a good strategy. But once they have more impact (say the Facemask), Survivors tend to be more willing to take the RBTs off rather than focus on objectives. (And using Last Will along side it? Dang, they spend a while taking those things off, though more coordinated groups still do gens while the traps are inactive).

    Bamboozle is a godsend though. Her Ambush is only really good at faking short loops/using from pallet if you crouch under them mid-chase. It doesn't do much against longer loops such as those found in the houses in Haddonfield as you're not actually gaining distance. I do need to use the Ambush addons more to actually get a better read on that as a whole.

    I see it as more of a quality of life change that returns what was needlessly lost.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1828226#Comment_1828226

    Mmm. I see it the same as PH seeing the Cage's Auras.

    It's QoL, but can be abused in a negative manner.

    Doesn't stop it completely (Nor should it), but doesn't help facilitate it.

    I believe the positive outweighs the negative. Largely because I think the negative is quite low.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1828257#Comment_1828257

    And that's the change that'll make her more user friendly to operate?

    No, I think that's a change that will restore something that was needlessly taken away.

  • Pig could use some help for sure. But have you ever gone against a top tier Pig player before? Its fun, but holy crap do you realize quickly you probably aren't going to survive.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1827878#Comment_1827878

    Well, like any other killer, why would you wait until the end of the match to use your power? Not sure of the point with that statement.

    By that logic once the final gen is done huntress drops hatchets, billy looses his chainsaw, nurse cant blink. After all why are you waiting till end if match to use your power

  • As someone who plays a LOT of The Pig, she's underrated, IMO (and I play the huge majority of matches against Rank 1-6 survivors, and a lot of teams). She's not a Spirit or a good Nurse player, but she's far from helpless.

    I'd like to see the Ambush Attack be more polished and deadly, but overall, her multiple powers serve her well, with the right perks. I run Ruin/Undying -- because that's the best gen slowdown you can get -- along with Surveillance, which pairs perfectly to let me know when people are off and on generators and provides a ton of info on survivor location. BBQ is usually my last perk, giving more info (especially helpful to see survivors heading for Jigsaw boxes across the map, or people on gens I can go and chase off and start the Ruin regression).

    I don't camp (hooks or boxes) or tunnel -- no need to. Keeping Ruin up is definitely key to applying pressure. My solid matches end up with me getting a relatively quick down and a trap on someone's head, preferably right before a gen pops. I use all of my traps early -- I've had matches where all four survivors had traps on their heads, or multiple people are trapped at once. Do gens in that situation? Now survivors' traps are active, and the timer is ticking. Get off gens to search boxes? Gens get wrecked by Ruin. In a good match, gen progress stalls after the first couple are done, as people are running around trying to get their heads free and Ruin is doing work at that point. If I happen to run across someone on a box, I sometimes will simply down them and keep going -- the hook isn't even always necessary at that point to keep pressure on.

    If I'm feeling spicy, I run the Tampered Timer/Crate of Gears combo, and then it can really get messy. I've had survivors die to the trap because they didn't realize at first they were dealing with a limited time to get free and did other stuff instead. I've had survivors die to a regular trap as well for the same reasons. If Ruin is alive, I try to keep pushing people off of gens and keep pressure on everyone. The matches that go poorly are usually ones where Ruin and Undying go bye-bye quickly (contrary to what some people think, that happens more frequently than people realize) and RNG isn't friendly (everyone gets their trap off immediately!), but not every match against good survivors is going to end in the killer's favor (and I've still been able to have good matches where Ruin/Undying were cleansed early, so that loss can be overcome).

    I've been a Red Rank killer and I still have a TON to improve on with my gameplay, but I do well with her against good teams. If I can manage that, anyone can with a little practice, lol.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1828313#Comment_1828313

    Difference being that those Powers have no special interaction with the Exit Gates. Billy and Huntress don't insta-mori Survivors that have been hit by their Power before the last gen was done.

    And you can still use your Ambush/Stealth. Her RBTs are not the only part of her Power.

    Id argue the ambush and stealth are even more useless than traps at exit gates. Unless you kike the death threats survivors give you

  • the Pig isn't that great.

  • As my friend said@ChiSoxFan11 said Oink!

    Honestly I she struggles but its a good struggle I'd rather keep her the same add on adjustment is needed yeah but I fear them nerfing her again as in the case of most add on reworks.

    I want changes but the same time I feel they would take away what actually makes her fun.

    No more pig nerfs plz we have been so good with our boops I promise 🐷😇

  • Pig is bad, yes but she doesn't need serious buffs, all she needs are traps to activate even if the last gen was already popped, she needs better addons for her, I would love more things affecting her dash like a pink addon that makes the dash silent. Her traps should not be RNG and I completely agree with you on that, although I don't know how they'd fix that sadly. As a pig main, I am sad.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1827847#Comment_1827847

    #########? Who said she's useless? And why does someone has to have a bad match in order to speak some truth? I havent played the game in like 2 weeks. It's sad how almost everyone in this community has so much sense of superiority that when someone has actual reasons to make a point they go with the clitche "oh you made a post because you had a bad match."

    I made the post because SOME DEVS, who Im not gonna name here... think Pig is just ok the way she is right now...

    The "bad match" line was just an attempt at humor buddy. I have no superiority complex and we all rant from time to time.

    I honestly didn't think that post would trigger you like that.

    Just remind yourself it's a video game. Take some deep breaths. I do agree that pig needs some work.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1827933#Comment_1827933

    Why not both?

    If Ambush becomes a decent loop Power, she may become over-tuned depending on how that interacts RBTs end-game stall.

    If I'm understanding this right it's being suggested that RBT activate when placed during EGC in trade for stopping the EGC timer... Is that the suggestion (not by you, just in general)?

    This would create another scenario in which games could be taken hostage.

    If you place a trap on 1 survivor while 3 others get the benefit of hiding or just griefing the killer indefinitely.

    If the EGC doesn't pause, and just slows then it creates a situation where a single survivor just needs to be followed from JS Box to JS Box, totally blocking any attempt to save them because only they can remove they're trap. It forces a 1v1 that will always end in the pigs favor.

    I don't see this suggestion being healthy for the game with the abuse potential from both sides.

  • Rank 1 pig who basically always 4ks here:

    The traps are an absurd level of mid-match stall and pressure that allow you to play more agro, but they are often misused. Players often talk about things like slow release toxin saying 'why would I want to tunnel someone with the trap when I know they aren't on gens?'

    This is true, you shouldn't be too gung ho about actually killing trapped survivors, but you should be doing EVERYTHING you can to force OTHER survivors to assist trapped survivors. You down a trapped survivor and just walk away to pressure gens more? Someone has to get their ass OFF gens to get em up, which takes LONGER than a hook rescue generally.

    The purpose of Pig isn't to get kills with traps, or to stall by making people search the boxes, prevent people opening exit gates. Its to be a huge pain in the ass!

    Once you get 2 traps on head? Start patrolling boxes in addition to gens. Once you get 3? Patrol boxes, not gens. Slug the hell out of trapped people, its THEIR job to pick em up, not yours. Keep people injured, break off chases very willingly to go back to objective lockdown. If you slug someone off a box their box progress is GONE.

    Slow release toxin is great because it makes slugging people crazy easy, and slows down how fast they can search traps. Blinding traps are fantastic because they prevent affected survivors in a non-SWF scenario from assisting each other when downed. Obviously trash in SWF.

    Everyone goes gaga over straps and tape. I literally never use them. Ambush and crouching aren't why you play Pig. You play pig to be cruel, not to be a lame version of ghostface. I don't place much faith in increasing box count (it increases the number of boxes you need to patrol even if it makes it less likely the first box has the key) or the 'remove to reveal aura' (because your goal is to keep the hat on forever and just grind away at the survivors with it). Bag of gears is great, extra traps are great, tampered timer can be surprisingly good, and slow release is fantastic. Make life as bad as you can for the survivors when they get trapped.

    The beauty of the traps is they extend the midgame out a LOT if you use them well. Your job as a pig is to make life agony for the survivors, but in a way that is way more fair than Freddy. Its why I don't think the gate nerf really did much to Pig: if your waiting to trap till late your kinda missing the point. I think ambush and stealth could be tuned up, but she actually just has a great gameplay loop, because the point of her mechanic is that the RBT kill is not a thing that is intended to happen, its just a mechanic that forces the survivors to do something to avoid death, which is a subtle and cool mechanic. It should realistically never fire unless you can tell someone's last box, or if you got a tampered timer on a big map and slug someone once or twice. But that is fine, because the fact that the RBT lets you control survivor behavior is so huge.

  • @Darkskies said:

    As my friend said@ChiSoxFan11 said Oink!

    Honestly I she struggles but its a good struggle I'd rather keep her the same add on adjustment is needed yeah but I fear them nerfing her again as in the case of most add on reworks.

    I want changes but the same time I feel they would take away what actually makes her fun.

    No more pig nerfs plz we have been so good with our boops I promise 🐷😇

    She definitely needs an add-on rework.

    She's the only killer that has mostly add-ons that work more a against her than for her except post rework billy. But with billy, they went in with the mindset that he needed to be less lethal. I doubt they'd give the pig WORSE add-ons if they rework them... But logic has eluded the devs before lol.