The Spirit Feedback and Discussion
What are your thoughts on the spirit?
Here's my take on her after exclusively playing her since her release and already having her at P3:
Firstly, I think the nerfs after the PTB were unnecessary.
You now can hear when she is using her power and know exactly where she is due to directional cues. Survivors can't tell if she is using her power only if they are within 8 meters of her husk. In my opinion you should not be able to tell that at all.
She was already quite bad and I think this nerf was unjustified, she is all about jumpscares and mindgames anyway to those nerfs really hurt her and got rid of the scare factor.
I also think her base kit should be better but her addons should be nerfed to make up for it.
Like faster activation of her power, longer duration, speed and recovery and a bit longer sprint after phase walking by default. She is really addon dependant which isn't good.
I also think she should be able to use her ability as long as she has charges. Having to wait 20 seconds for the ability is such a bad thing. If you mess up your prediction of the ability you have to wait a long time until you can use it. The long cooldown of her ability really punishes her if she misses. Other killers have 'forgiving' abilities without cooldowns but if you fail to make a read with the spirit you get punished really hard.
In addition, she should lose sight of survivors if she has channeled the bar of her power completely, not at the start of the channel.
Also, her ultra rare Ring addon is super bad. Not being able to see scratch marks is never worth it for the faster speed in phase walk. You are better off using any other addon for more speed or something else. The "tremendously increased movement speed" just isn't worth it because of the downside of not seeing scratch marks.
IMO it should be reworked to allow the spirit to pass through pallets and windows when using her phase walk. Or just give her faster activation time and lunge after coming out of phase combined with more passive phasing. Kinda like the purple amulet addon that does more things at once. And please get rid of not being able to see scratch marks when using this addon
Also, her 'passive phasing addons' should get an additional active effect like faster recovery or something else because these addons really don't feel impactful on their own (tested it in KYF) and you don't see their impact when playing as the Spirit.
Whats your opinion about the spirit?
Comments
The only problem I have with her is the chase music while phase walking.
For example: I hit the survivor, than I wanted use her goddamn power(It's easier to catch them, when survivors grunts from pain) And I can't hear anything besides this hella chase music....It's annoying really.
I think the following 2 things should be changed for certain.
1.) There should be no discernible way for survivors to tell the difference between the husk and the killer. Currently the husk kind of shimmers and you can see it fade as the timer wears out. This lowers her mind game potential.
2.) Survivors should not be able to hear The Spirit when she is using her ability. This massively and unfairly reduces the usefulness of the ability.
Then I think a decision should be made on the direction that they take her. One path is to keep the current cooldowns, add ons, etc and increase her movement speed to be the same as the average killer. Or she keeps her current movement speed, but receives a massive boost to her ability. Such as a massive reduction in the cooldown of the ability along with scratch marks showing up quicker and more brightly while she is in phase. I think The Spirit needs to be looked at carefully though, because she isn't as awful as some people like to think and she could easily go from underpowered to overpowered if they aren't careful.
1.) Scratch marks need to be 100% more brighter while she is phasing.
2.) Attacking a survivor within 1 second after leaving your phase should instantly recharge 50% of her power back.
3.) Her movement speed should be faster while phase walking.
4.) Her passive needs to occur more often.
That's all I have against her besides her add-ons which I think you did a great job explaining on what needs to be changed about them. Good job!
Hello my issue piggy?
Yeah I agree with you!
Her ultra rare addons are a big joke.
She is addon dependent, and a 110% killer relying on a 20 sec mindgame power.
Dont think I have to add more.
She was lots of fun in low ranks though, I will admit that
I disagree with 2 & 3. I think the base recharge on her ability should be lowered. It shouldn't be tied to a successful attack. Her movement speed while phasing is already good at the base level and add ons improve it quite nicely. No change needed there.
Yeah she definitely needs some love. IDK why the devs ignored our PTB feedback to buff her. Instead they nerfed her. We also wanted pebble tokens, they ignored that as well. Why do we even have a PTB if they don't listen to the community?
Mclean just confirmed that the sound survivors hear when she is using her power is a bug. So that will be fixed soon hopefully.
I just got completley demolished by a SWF and left the game with 8k points.
I am done with spirit now tbh, gonna wait for her next patch....
Yeah SWF is a huge deal. And if you ######### up your phase walk you are so weak for the next 20 seconds. That's a real problem.
Yeah exactly! I hope they fix the insta flashlight soon as well!
If she's going to be designed around her power, it needs a shorter cooldown, and some other changes to improve its application. Right now, she does give too much warning, and it also has absolutely no accuracy to dropping on survivors beyond a guess. Audio cues from running and moans, as well as visual cues from scratch marks, are virtually useless for pinpointing a survivor's location. I've dropped on people I could hear moaning right beside me, only to find them ~8 meters+ away from me (while using Stridor and headphones).
Her power is not strong enough to justify the brutally long cooldown. However, if it had a much lower cooldown, you could justify the huge weaknesses. She runs slow, but a more frequent usage of her power--aka, more chances to correct "misses"--this would balance out her lack of innate accuracy tools and slower movement.
The alternative, is giving her regular movement speed and the ability to vault faster during her power, but this makes her a bit generic, and takes away from her identity.
Yeah I agree with you. Also, scratchmarks should be more noticible in the phase walk. Whenever I phasewalk and try to m1 a survivor at the end of the newest scratch marks, survivors are way further away. Scratch marks just take too long to be visible.
She seems overpowered to me. I'm level 15 and have faced her 11 times. 6 of the games she killed all 4 survivors in the first two minutes. 4 of the games one or two survivors disconnected as soon as they learned they were facing the Spirit. In one game we got 3 generators done before she killed me the last survivor.
She can find you if you are motionless and she is phase walking which I don't understand, I thought she could only see footprints. I was motionless and hidden on a second floor and she came straight to me.
I know the devs try to balance the killers abilities so the outcome is up for grabs, it just doesn't seem that balanced right now.
I imagine in a couple months her weaknesses will become apparent and facing here will be a bit more balanced.
She is great to play as because you are almost guaranteed to kill all 4 survivors, so from a killer's perspective she is aces.
I'm gonna suggest more buffs to the Spirit with reasoning and justification!
1.) Her Phase Walk movement speed needs to be faster than it is currently! Maybe a rough +25% additional movement speed to her Phase Walk?
Currently when you Phase Walk, you'll somewhat barely be able to catch up to a survivor after you attack the survivor. Now you can quick attack a survivor and then finish off with her power more reliably! This also gives the survivor less time to react to her presence and can get surprise attacks in before they knew what hit them!
2.) If you attack a survivor within the speed boost period that you get from leaving Phase Walk, your power will be refunded by 50%.
This killer doesn't really award skill when you are successful since you still have that 20 second CD. Now you will get rewarded for landing precise shots and can quickly recharge your power again to put more pressure on the survivor.
3.) The speed boost period that you get from leaving Phase Walk should be longer and the speed should be increased.
This will help the Spirit correct herself slightly if you are off. Additionally this can help mind games since you are now faster when you leave your Phase Walk giving less time to the survivor to make their choice on the mind game.
The duration of Phase Walk should remain untouched in my opinion after having a good 12 hours with her!
I just made a HUGE thread about the Spirit, please give it a look because I wanna see your opinion on these changes!
DISCUSSION LINK:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/21656/in-depth-spirit-changes-with-reasoning-justification#latest
She's completely fine, how about you learn the killer before you start begging for more buffs? Don't need another nurse running around.
She's pretty easy to deal with, especially if you've played her and understand. It sounds like you're just new-ish, and you're playing against a lot of veteran killer players that picked her up. A vast majority of killer skill comes from knowing how survivors play against you/your killer choice, and applying your judgments and intuition to the match. I've done some badass things with The Spirit, but it's hard to be consistent purely because of her own weaknesses.
Your comment is so wrong. You obviously don't know much about the game yet at rank 15 so don't jump into false conclusions. She CAN'T see you if you are motionless and she is facewalking. But she can obviously see you and phase walk towards you. Then you have to know if she saw you and you can counterplay it.
Just play the game and you will get better and counter her hard.
She is a good killer, but they should reduce the soundeffect of her phasewalk.
Completely agree with 1 and 3. Maybe 2 as well but I rather have a shorter cooldown in general and refund 25% of the charge.
Awesome! Hope the devs see it. I wish her base kit would be better and nerfing her addons to compensate.
Nurse never got buffed but nerfed.
I played over 100 matches with spirit at rank 1 and got her P3 really fast and tested every single addon combo etc with her. So I have some insight into her.
It's already reduced but you don't immediately stop hearing it which should be changed.
Nope. I was on a second/third floor catwalk out of sight, there were at least two solid building walls between us. She was chasing and hooking someone on the otherside of the board, unless she has x-ray vision there was no way she could detect a motionless survivor. Line of sight would have meant I could also see her. So it must be a perk I am unfamiliar with.
Just played two more games against a Spirit. 4 level 15 survivors against a level 20 and a level 19 Spirit. Had two survivors disconnect as soon as they saw the Killer rather than play against her. I did manage to loop her for a few minutes, stun her with several pallets and lose her. Then in both games she killed all remaining Survivors in under a minute. I think with time the flaws the devs built into her to make it a fair match will become apparent, but for a few weeks it is going to continue to be a blood bath. I have yet to play a match where anyone survived. One person got close at getting out a hatch but they lagged, froze and were snatched.
She definitely does not need a buff, not sure if she needs a nerf. The double bloodpoint weekend is for the Devs to get a lot of raw data to look at so they can determine how the new build of the game is going. If they see an unusual amount of games where less than two survivors make it out (a sign of an even match up) they will make changes accordingly. For now if you want a lot of easy bloodpoints just play as the Spirit and go to town, your guaranteed at least a 20K match every time. I imagine the Devs are crunching the numbers to see what adjustments need made. I will say the new map, Family Residence, is gorgeous! It is fun to play and just look at the new scenery.
And I know, the people who only play as the Killer love the Spirit and like the fact they can win easily as players try to find her weaknesses. So please spare me the "get good" and stop whining comments. I just want the game to be fun and balanced without either Survivors or Killers having a cakewalk.
This post

If spirit got these changes I would have a new main
I think a boost in those 4 categories alone would help her tremendously but then her add ons would need changed or nerfed. And the damn wind tunnel she projects when phasing is just a total give away. That should be removed asap. What's the point of being invisible if the survivors know exactly which way I'm coming from. And they get a solid 25 meter audio warning maybe more.
As a survivor main, initially I found her creepy. But after facing her few times, not so much. Those sounds she makes, honestly she sounds like a dolphin.
Getting her to P3 doesn't matter at all not even sure why you mentioned it. Also nurse did get buffed when they reworked her. She needs a heavy nerf, not a small nerf, but a HEAVY nerf.
only people who can't play any other way except looping think nurse needs a nerf, try other tactics instead of the most braindead easy one
You aren't biased at all.
Kid you're a nut. You might not want to hear that "git gud" bonsense, but that's exactly what you need to do. The spirit is rat's ass, and I don't know how a bunch of y'all can lie or be so trash not to see it. She gets her cheeks busted at red ranks.. and I mean from what I've witnessed as survivor.
so make her op and be able to always fake the power going around a pallet? literally if you cant hear her power then how will you know if she is going around the pallet or just sitting thier waiting?
You run and find out.
That's the points, you shouldn't know until you see grass move or you see her pop up. If you could tell what she was doing, then boom, no more mind games. She can no longer trick you. This killer is meant to deceive you. To trick you into thinking she is doing one thing when she is really doing another.
Whoever makes the right read gets rewarded. Killer gets a hit or survivor escapes or at the very least puts a ton of distance between them and killer.
She is so fun to play but right now she is such a bad killer. I really think the devs HAVE to take action because her concept is so fantastic and it would be a shame if nobody played her anymore because of her bad kit and high risk low reward gameplay.
Seriously, She has SO MUCH POTENTIAL, it'd be a shame to let her sink down to the low tiers.
Devs are just afraid to make new good killers because more and more new players come into the game and instead of learning to counter killers they want easy games as survivor. Which is the sad truth but I think they have to make the Spirit better, she requires the most skill out of all killers, she should be way better.