Something I've notice about the whole mori fiasco

So I want to start off and say you cant complain about keys not being nerfed when it isnt just a number change and mori is. The nerf will come in due time so let's give the devs time.

To start before the nerf people were down with the nerf to mori despite never using them. If you ask any killer main here they will say they rarely use moris. But now that it's been nerfed why are these same killer mains complaining about it being "useless".

I seriously cant understand how we people are getting angry about an objectively broken thing getting nerfed, and claiming bias. It doesnt look good and atleast on my experience I can say killers are more whiny and it kinda shows but let's ignore that for now and think about this.

What if keys were to be nerfed first and moris left under the guise of "moris are rarely used". Guarenteed any complaint from a survivor is shut down because everyone knows survivors are the oppressors and killers are the oppressed.

That's just speculation but I'd say its accurate for what it is.

0e8a67bb-b79a-4e82-9a84-be8adfbb4712.png

I'm not saying anything but 4k'd a key as blight no Franklin's. Also if you're asking about noed I'm currently working towards prestige and I have nothing better.

Comments

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1808813#Comment_1808813

    I have like 80 of them sitting around on my blight now, so now I actually don't feel too bad for using them for fun now

    They arent insta wins so go ahead and go crazy. Pretty funny seeing them being brought in.

  • @ChiSoxFan11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1808462#Comment_1808462

    I 100% agree with you on the blood web clutter. It is an issue for both survivors and killers (the extra BP killers get notwithstanding). The huge number of add-ons for both are borderline useless (some for killers are actually detriments), and the grind to get through bloodwebs for something worth having can be overwhelming. I've gone through 5-6 bloodwebs as The Pig and not seen a single Combat Straps -- a common -- while getting stuck with a number of terrible add-ons I'll never use under any circumstance.

    I will completely disagree respectfully with you on the Franklin's/lobby dodge comment though. Frankiin's doesn't warrant a perk slot against Red Rank survivors, and lobby dodging to avert a game mechanic means that there's a problem with the game mechanic. Lobby dodging should never have to be a "counter" to something in the game (much like the sign that the Mori was overpowered was the number of disconnects you'd see in the loading screen if a killer brought one).

    Since we agree I will reply to your second part.

    Franklin's has worked for me I have 4k'd even double keys with it. I play blight and the other three are gen regression/bbq. Also this is pubs not comp, red rank means virtually nothing. I dont think tis fair to dismiss Franklin's because of that. Lobby dodging was just a a lazy counter I said because if you dont have Franklin's and you dont dodge you will have to heavy slug the key use or tunnel them out. Which also worked for me.

  • @SaintDorks said:

    Usually, I would save a mori to get rid of a griefing goon or a flashlight spamer. Now,that aint gonna happen..ahh,well.

    This would more then likely not be talked about as much other then the fact Killers are lock-in on their killers so,in order to balance It out they more then likely used moris to counter some of the "problems" because lets be frank the "match-up" balance of the force lock crap is a fairy tale If I ever seen one.

    That being said, If they address keys I am gonna bet a perk will be involved (like most cases) and people will have to fork over catch to counter a key or wait at the shrine. While hearing how said perk is overpowered.

    "I can say killers are more whiny"-If ya gonna throw some stone get ready mate..Cause,I have seen every possible ######### fit from survivors about

    PH-making DS and get out of jail free perks useless

    frankland's-Because they get a item knock out of hand

    NOED-That one is self explained

    DH-Because If I gets 3 charges you get one shot

    Ruin-Even now with it being reworked.

    Freddy-both versons

    BBQ&Chilli- Oh,no..map awareness

    And the list goes on..And usually this is met much more quickly then Killer complaints And unusually with a more brutal effect. And by Brutal I mean the quick Appeasement version not a total redo or rethinking how to make It function. Which is the problem.

    Quick does not equal good..This was done quick..But not good. It is gonna promote tunneling...It is gonna promote camping..It is gonna promote bad habits. On top of that. It aint worth the amount of points to get It now. So,either refund everyone who wasted points on them..Or atleast make a compresser so people can grin unwanted add-ons and crap into bloodpoints.

    Agressive nerfing crap will lead to worse things coming out of It..Tunneling and camping are gonna be the main things..Either that or the return of the slug meta..

    What exactly is a griefing goon. I'm guessing you assume more than 2 flashlights are spammers right? There is no way to physically know whos gonna spam click before a game starts unless you have faces them before. Killers will bring moris for whatever reason just like they will use perks like light born or Franklin's on flashlights or medkits. More on this later.

    Moris dont balance anything out they are objectively overpowered and cut the games time significantly way too quickly. If you think playing with 3 other friends needs "moris to balance" them all you did was make the killer genuinely op.

    That's a plain guess trying to blow a nerf to unrealistic proportions because based off of what you have said the devs have to have bias right?

    So let's debunk everything you have said.

    PH- he ignores everuway a survivor can to prevent being tunneled. This was very unhealthy I cant even st re essay this enough. If you can delete survivors in 2 seconds without problems why should they play? Why do you think even other killer mains want ds to remain to have its anti tunnel capabilities. No killer should completely be able to cancel out a survivors game

    Franklin's- it has no use other than to stop keys. Using it on another item a survivor brings is frustrating. Combine that with their bad bp economy (low bp gains), and cluttered blood webs with useless addons and offerings losing items are wasting the survivors bp.

    I personally dont hse it for other than keys and despise it and my other friends feel the same way it has no reason for its existence other than to stop keys.

    Noed- the perk is annoying same way killers claim dead hard is annoying. I'll still give this to you though. It can be countered but a face camping bubba can guarantee a 2k to 3k with it so it definitely needs tweaking. It should never give you a free 1 shot down when YOU lost gens.

    Are you referring to dead hard here? Please elaborate.

    Ruin- is genuinely boring to face now ifnits paired with undying and tinkerer. I dont think you play survivor enough to know that. Dont be a one side killer main who's bad at survivor and claims they play it.

    Old ruin was just too inconsistent good survivors neutered it and bad survivors couldnt do anything. It's way better now if the killer can pressure. I want to say one more thing. Tinkerer has infinite uses and can be used to staw out games forever that is not fun.

    Freddy- both versions were boring. Old freddy had passive slowdown built in. Except it was like tremendous slowdown. I doubt you played then but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Combine this wint the fact all old freddys did was tunnel you had a boring game. Gens took 80 years while sleep and the only way to wake up was missing skill checks.

    New freddy however is just boring because he has too many things going for him and to counter you just pre throw. Nothing else except pre throw. Boring uninteractive gameplay because his snares weren't fine tuned and he can spam them.

    Bbq- this is the most bs thing I've heard any good survivor doesnt care. Exaggerations doesnt make you more right :)

    I wouldnt say quick fixes are being brought to both sides at the moment. Well except hit validation instantly being turned off for oni players but hey killers are the oppressed and survivors are the oppressors amirite?

    I dont care about camping I can use bt,ds,ub and make the killers who choose to suffer. Not to mention actual try with my sqf and win games. It really isnt that difficult. They can camp if they choose but also know that I'm not holding back.

    Can I get a refund on odd bulbs, high end sapphire lens, and intense halogens too? I spent my bp and those alot nerfed to useless. All the flashlight add ons did to be fair and I have 100s to 200s of those. That's another story for another day.

    I agree with you on the compressor though.

    The tunnel and camp bs has been in the game for a whike now, and slugging. That's why DS and UB are meta even though people try te deny it. Killers were the main cause of this shift. The devs are the main cause of anti heal meta which promotes gens over healing. Dont blame the survivors for adapting and being smart. (:

  • Are keys and Moris two different things? Yes.

    Are keys and Mori’s debated together and lumped together into the same conversations? Yes.

    Have keys and Mori’s been a hot topic that causes a lot of division? Yes

    Then they should’ve been changed at the same time by delaying Mori’s changes until keys were changed. It’s that simple. It would’ve prevented a lot of idiotic banter that should’ve never been spoken and also kept a lot of ppl from being butt hurt.

  • @MissKitty95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/212206/something-ive-notice-about-the-whole-mori-fiasco

    Finally someone said it , killers are the ones that whine ! Thank you I have been saying this. They complain about every single thing under the sun

    I wouldnt say everything but definetly more than survivors do. It's like damn 4 years of nerfs and it still ain't good enough lol.

  • @Elena said:

    Agreed, there were so many people begging for it to work on 2nd hook (and some even requesting to have it deleted) and then as soon as it's nerfed loads of people are like "shame on the devs! Survivor bias!"

    All I seen exactly this. When the nerf a xxv actually comes you dont...... want it? Really confusing but hey kinda expected more reasons to claim bias I love it.

  • The problem I have with the mori nerf is how it was done. The nerf itself is a good thing for the game and a long time coming. It gets rid of one of the "nuclear options" that people can use to ruin the game for everybody, like keys and the old insta-heals.

    Last year when they changed insta-heals they put them in a PTB and gave survivors weeks to use up their stocks of old insta-heals before the nerf hit. There wa a solid week where every game you played had at least on insta-heal. When they eventually do nerf keys ("Soon (tm)") they'll pit them in a PTB and give survivors weeks to use up their stock before the nerf hits. There'll be a solid week where every game you play will have at least one insta-heal (and if I'm being honest at red ranks I see keys in almost half my lobbies every weekend already).

    You can argue that those two changes were more than just "number changes", and it's a fair point. But as much as I love the change to moris it feels kind of insulting to have it dropped into our laps one morning like a hot coffee spill. If nerfing moris really only took some fiddling with the numbers they should have either:

    A) Made this change YEARS ago as many of us have been asking for.

    B) Waited and done it with the eventual key nerfs ("Soon (TM)"). Made a big announcement about it and let us celebrate by burning through our stockpiles.

    C) Done something more creative than just making moris only work on death hook.

  • @Ghouled_Mojo said:

    Are keys and Moris two different things? Yes.

    Are keys and Mori’s debated together and lumped together into the same conversations? Yes.

    Have keys and Mori’s been a hot topic that causes a lot of division? Yes

    Then they should’ve been changed at the same time by delaying Mori’s changes until keys were changed. It’s that simple. It would’ve prevented a lot of idiotic banter that should’ve never been spoken and also kept a lot of ppl from being butt hurt.

    After using franklins people are seriously exaggerating how helpful it is. Keys are way more manageable with that perk. the only time it's hard is when an ACTUALLY good team plays. Which rarely happens becuase its PUBS. It would be better but hey moris are stronger.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1811017#Comment_1811017

    After using franklins people are seriously exaggerating how helpful it is. Keys are way more manageable with that perk. the only time it's hard is when an ACTUALLY good team plays. Which rarely happens becuase its PUBS. It would be better but hey moris are stronger.

    situationally keys are stronger but normally Mori's are.

    The moment the hatch requirements are meet and hatch is found with a survivor who has a key you lost a kill, if it's a swf you lost multiple.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    I think the issue is that people wanted to see Moris have a use outside of "Look at my character put things in your character". They wanted Moris to have a place in a strategy. They wanted Moris to give an edge like some other offerings do (think fog density and what have you). Before, Moris were broken and gave the Killer the macth, along with SICK AND STYLISH animations. Now, they give the ladder, but no other real benefit. Sure, they could be useful, but the scenarios where a Mori would be more strategically sound compared to a hook is going to be very rare (mostly deadzones with no hooks).

    Personally, I never use Moris unless its for a daily. I don't mind the nerf one bit. That said, I can see why some people would be upset with Moris no longer giving ANY kind of real strategic advantage. Sure, the previous one was OP as balls, but the current version has no real strategic value at all. Maybe if the animation revealed auras for 5 seconds, or caused global skill checks on gens or something. Anything to give it some kind of value other than an animation.

    Also, we don't know what will happen to Keys. If they lose their strategic value entirely as well, then it won't be so bad. Maybe both will be flourishes more than strategic offerings. Who knows?

    That actually makes sense. Survivors would be horrified at seein their fellow survivor get split in half by a chainsaw or something so maybe they'd scream like infectious fright.

  • @azame said:

    So I want to start off and say you cant complain about keys not being nerfed when it isnt just a number change and mori is. The nerf will come in due time so let's give the devs time.

    To start before the nerf people were down with the nerf to mori despite never using them. If you ask any killer main here they will say they rarely use moris. But now that it's been nerfed why are these same killer mains complaining about it being "useless".

    I seriously cant understand how we people are getting angry about an objectively broken thing getting nerfed, and claiming bias. It doesnt look good and atleast on my experience I can say killers are more whiny and it kinda shows but let's ignore that for now and think about this.

    What if keys were to be nerfed first and moris left under the guise of "moris are rarely used". Guarenteed any complaint from a survivor is shut down because everyone knows survivors are the oppressors and killers are the oppressed.

    That's just speculation but I'd say its accurate for what it is.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9A50ODEUYN3P/0e8a67bb-b79a-4e82-9a84-be8adfbb4712.png

    I'm not saying anything but 4k'd a key as blight no Franklin's. Also if you're asking about noed I'm currently working towards prestige and I have nothing better.

    There are people who think Nurse was perfectly balanced, Freddy doesn't need to be nerfed, Spirit didn't need to be nerfed, iridescent heads are fine as is, etc. There's really no point in engaging them because they're so far gone into their bias that they cannot see reason. They are a very loud minority and they will never admit to being wrong.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1811104#Comment_1811104

    situationally keys are stronger but normally Mori's are.

    The moment the hatch requirements are meet and hatch is found with a survivor who has a key you lost a kill, if it's a swf you lost multiple.

    Thats why you bring franklins when you can. I've never seen such use out of it. They thirst their keys and you kinds semi proxy for free kills.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/212206/something-ive-notice-about-the-whole-mori-fiasco

    There are people who think Nurse was perfectly balanced, Freddy doesn't need to be nerfed, Spirit didn't need to be nerfed, iridescent heads are fine as is, etc. There's really no point in engaging them because they're so far gone into their bias that they cannot see reason. They are a very loud minority and they will never admit to being wrong.

    I've became a killer main to see the problems they have and nothing so far. The only thing that makes me angry is my totem rng. I cant get any good luck so when I run ruin and undying ir decides to give me open totems and my undying gets cleansed first.

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1806707#Comment_1806707

    Then Keys would just be used to sandbag by leaving, even when they’re team really needs them. Personally I think Keys need a more comprehensive rework, not just a number change.

    Agreed, but Moris could also use a larger update.

    Setting Moris to only work on death hook is good as a band-aid, and changing keys to only let one escape is similarly good as a temporary measure.

  • @FreakPrince said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1806707#Comment_1806707

    What about the achievement of 4 people escaping through the hatch? They can’t change those.

    See? It’s not that simple.

    it would mean that they either get rid of the achievement or have at least 3 people on the survivor team bring keys

  • moris are overpriced now and have no purpose than to save a hook from being destroyed

  • Well now the dreaded ebony mori is now as useless as 70% of pink killer add-ons. If it's an ultra-rare and it costs 7000 bp, why is it weaker than some common stuff?

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1810260#Comment_1810260

    What exactly is a griefing goon. I'm guessing you assume more than 2 flashlights are spammers right? There is no way to physically know whos gonna spam click before a game starts unless you have faces them before. Killers will bring moris for whatever reason just like they will use perks like light born or Franklin's on flashlights or medkits. More on this later.

    Moris dont balance anything out they are objectively overpowered and cut the games time significantly way too quickly. If you think playing with 3 other friends needs "moris to balance" them all you did was make the killer genuinely op.

    That's a plain guess trying to blow a nerf to unrealistic proportions because based off of what you have said the devs have to have bias right?

    So let's debunk everything you have said.

    PH- he ignores everuway a survivor can to prevent being tunneled. This was very unhealthy I cant even st re essay this enough. If you can delete survivors in 2 seconds without problems why should they play? Why do you think even other killer mains want ds to remain to have its anti tunnel capabilities. No killer should completely be able to cancel out a survivors game

    Franklin's- it has no use other than to stop keys. Using it on another item a survivor brings is frustrating. Combine that with their bad bp economy (low bp gains), and cluttered blood webs with useless addons and offerings losing items are wasting the survivors bp.

    I personally dont hse it for other than keys and despise it and my other friends feel the same way it has no reason for its existence other than to stop keys.

    Noed- the perk is annoying same way killers claim dead hard is annoying. I'll still give this to you though. It can be countered but a face camping bubba can guarantee a 2k to 3k with it so it definitely needs tweaking. It should never give you a free 1 shot down when YOU lost gens.

    Are you referring to dead hard here? Please elaborate.

    Ruin- is genuinely boring to face now ifnits paired with undying and tinkerer. I dont think you play survivor enough to know that. Dont be a one side killer main who's bad at survivor and claims they play it.

    Old ruin was just too inconsistent good survivors neutered it and bad survivors couldnt do anything. It's way better now if the killer can pressure. I want to say one more thing. Tinkerer has infinite uses and can be used to staw out games forever that is not fun.

    Freddy- both versions were boring. Old freddy had passive slowdown built in. Except it was like tremendous slowdown. I doubt you played then but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Combine this wint the fact all old freddys did was tunnel you had a boring game. Gens took 80 years while sleep and the only way to wake up was missing skill checks.

    New freddy however is just boring because he has too many things going for him and to counter you just pre throw. Nothing else except pre throw. Boring uninteractive gameplay because his snares weren't fine tuned and he can spam them.

    Bbq- this is the most bs thing I've heard any good survivor doesnt care. Exaggerations doesnt make you more right :)

    I wouldnt say quick fixes are being brought to both sides at the moment. Well except hit validation instantly being turned off for oni players but hey killers are the oppressed and survivors are the oppressors amirite?

    I dont care about camping I can use bt,ds,ub and make the killers who choose to suffer. Not to mention actual try with my sqf and win games. It really isnt that difficult. They can camp if they choose but also know that I'm not holding back.

    Can I get a refund on odd bulbs, high end sapphire lens, and intense halogens too? I spent my bp and those alot nerfed to useless. All the flashlight add ons did to be fair and I have 100s to 200s of those. That's another story for another day.

    I agree with you on the compressor though.

    The tunnel and camp bs has been in the game for a whike now, and slugging. That's why DS and UB are meta even though people try te deny it. Killers were the main cause of this shift. The devs are the main cause of anti heal meta which promotes gens over healing. Dont blame the survivors for adapting and being smart. (:

    You,did not debunk a thing I said..In fact..you kind of proved my point.


    "Dont blame the survivors for adapting and being smart. (:"- I am not following what you mean here...I just said nerfing ######### too much leads to people making more toxic crap to exploit.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Well now the dreaded ebony mori is now as useless as 70% of pink killer add-ons. If it's an ultra-rare and it costs 7000 bp, why is it weaker than some common stuff?

    Because it’s an offering, not an add-on. Last I checked, the vast majority of offerings have little impact on the game and is seemingly intended that way. The only one I can think of that’s actually decent other then old mories was the one that let all survivors spawn together. Even then though, Corrupt often hard counters this if you run it. There was nothing that could counter a Mori lol.

  • @FreakPrince said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1806707#Comment_1806707

    What about the achievement of 4 people escaping through the hatch? They can’t change those.

    See? It’s not that simple.

    You don't actually need to escape at the same time, just as long as everyone escapes through the hatch, I've done it that way before and got the trophy

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1811700#Comment_1811700

    Because it’s an offering, not an add-on. Last I checked, the vast majority of offerings have little impact on the game and is seemingly intended that way. The only one I can think of that’s actually decent other then old mories was the one that let all survivors spawn together. Even then though, Corrupt often hard counters this if you run it. There was nothing that could counter a Mori lol.

    No no, originally they where intended to have impact, but at some point the devs decided they didn't want that. Its fair to say they changed thier mind, which is fine, but its not what was ever intended.

  • @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1812516#Comment_1812516

    No no, originally they where intended to have impact, but at some point the devs decided they didn't want that. Its fair to say they changed thier mind, which is fine, but its not what was ever intended.

    Fair enough. Dbd back in 2016 was almost a completely different game I hear so it makes sense the Devs would change their minds on many things. Personally I just wish that this mori change had came way way earlier. For how simple of a change it was, it sure took them a long time to implement it :/

  • @azame said:

    So I want to start off and say you cant complain about keys not being nerfed when it isnt just a number change and mori is. The nerf will come in due time so let's give the devs time.

    To start before the nerf people were down with the nerf to mori despite never using them. If you ask any killer main here they will say they rarely use moris. But now that it's been nerfed why are these same killer mains complaining about it being "useless".

    I seriously cant understand how we people are getting angry about an objectively broken thing getting nerfed, and claiming bias. It doesnt look good and atleast on my experience I can say killers are more whiny and it kinda shows but let's ignore that for now and think about this.

    What if keys were to be nerfed first and moris left under the guise of "moris are rarely used". Guarenteed any complaint from a survivor is shut down because everyone knows survivors are the oppressors and killers are the oppressed.

    That's just speculation but I'd say its accurate for what it is.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9A50ODEUYN3P/0e8a67bb-b79a-4e82-9a84-be8adfbb4712.png

    I'm not saying anything but 4k'd a key as blight no Franklin's. Also if you're asking about noed I'm currently working towards prestige and I have nothing better.

    We wanted it to be nerfed not hey a waist of 7k BP and it dosent have the same feeling anymore when ever you saw a mori you'd say ohh f were dead now it ohh that's a thing

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1813255#Comment_1813255

    Fair enough. Dbd back in 2016 was almost a completely different game I hear so it makes sense the Devs would change their minds on many things. Personally I just wish that this mori change had came way way earlier. For how simple of a change it was, it sure took them a long time to implement it :/

    Which is why it feels so odd they would do it in a hotfix instead of a main patch. As well as the fact that people are upset with how broken the game is, and this was only adding fuel to the fire. Its all very confusing and frustrating to me. I haven't played since this change hit, not because I really used Moris much, but I'm just disappointed in the way the devs went around this.

1 2 3 ›