Demo is annoying

I hate that every time I go against a demo he has insta cancel and insta lunge. I ALWAYS get hit through crap against his lunge and he gets free zoning which is pretty annoying. Ntm oh he respected the pallet so you go for a window? Nah! Insta lunge and bad hitboxes so you get hit unless he sucks or didn't react to you running through in time. Dont get me wrong demo isnt all bad but when people just fake his power not only is that usually a sign of fear of a actual challenge its the deathslinger and ph problem all over again. Idk I had the new wretched shop and crane was trash and pallets gone too easily, but demo ability to give free hits should be tweaked.

I want at least a small part to be changed like the insta charge and cancellation. Also hitboxes because even if he has insta charge at least let us get our proper vaults or drop a ######### pallet and plus you should be able to shred into a loop at an anglr and still hit a surv running through a pallet, thats not his ability, but its hitboxes and omg they suck. Yes, I mafe this becaude I died, no I dont need to get good because I already have im just venting about some kinda oppresive and annoying things of demo and how hitboxes make it worse so pleade keep the insults to yourself or the assumptions.

TLDR: realized demo can be pretty freaking oppressive and hitboxes make his ability in a 1v1 even more bs.

Comments

  • i can't tell if this is bait or not lmao

  • Demogorgon OP pls nerf? That's a first.

  • Demo is essentially an M1 killer with ######### portals and an increased lunge, fear baiting isn't unique to him, increased range isn't unique to him, and instant destruction of breakables isn't unique to him. Really the only problem here is the hitbox registration, so I'd recommend not blaming the Demogorgon and rather blaming the hitbox detection.

  • Inb4 the Demo Defenders get here saying how demo is the most perfect designed killer with no flaws.

  • @Eightball_uwu said:

    i can't tell if this is bait or not lmao

    Its not. I just think demo is annoying, most of my experiences with him involve being hit through a vault or pallet drop

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    Demogorgon OP pls nerf? That's a first.

    @AhoyWolf said:

    Demogorgon OP pls nerf? That's a first.

    Never said that

  • @DwightFairfield said:

    Demo is essentially an M1 killer with ######### portals and an increased lunge, fear baiting isn't unique to him, increased range isn't unique to him, and instant destruction of breakables isn't unique to him. Really the only problem here is the hitbox registration, so I'd recommend not blaming the Demogorgon and rather blaming the hitbox detection.

    I would like you to know I hate every killer who can instantly do that. I hated pyramid head and deathslinger. And yes I do believe hitboxes to be the biggest culprit. But thats why I said at least deal with hitboxes.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    Inb4 the Demo Defenders get here saying how demo is the most perfect designed killer with no flaws.

    Every killer has flaws, I just think demo flaws are increased because of hit registration

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Get good.

    Damn you right. I'll delete my post right now.

  • instead of calling this person bad and trash how about proposing some tips?

  • @Clockso said:

    instead of calling this person bad and trash how about proposing some tips?

    Ok so what can I do to avoid and instant lunge or constant baits. Because if there really is a way to avoid him like you day against someone who baits til you move and lets go to m1 and instantly lunges then yeah ill wanna know.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1786421#Comment_1786421

    Ok so what can I do to avoid and instant lunge or constant baits. Because if there really is a way to avoid him like you day against someone who baits til you move and lets go to m1 and instantly lunges then yeah ill wanna know.

    Well first off demos are very rare to face, so that’s good for you, and if you do end up facing one then you need to see how they play to understand their mindset.. do they bait a lot or not? if they bait a lot it means they’re very afraid of using shred since it does have a hefty cooldown if you miss, also if you’re at shack window and they open their mouth you wanna collide with the window.. but not actually vault to make it look as real as possible that you’ll vault it when you won’t, items can reveal this bluff though since a good demo will notice if your item goes missing it means you will vault so they commit to the shred and if it doesn’t disappear it means you’re bluffing the vault, don’t let them bait you.. YOU bait them, also demo’s shred pallet break is as fast as a normal break (both 2 seconds fyi) but the shred one seems faster cuz it instantly breaks the pallet but the cooldown is just the same.. you could also use spine chill + resilience to vault way faster than they can react because shred’s hitbox is wider than a normal lunge but has less reach.. this was confirmed by a demo pounce guide made by Pyrus.. https://youtu.be/-WoemxN7B18

    (Proof at 4:53)



    last tip of the day is to play demo himself to figure out his pros and cons and see what hinders you the most when playing him

  • @Clockso said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1786434#Comment_1786434

    Well first off demos are very rare to face, so that’s good for you, and if you do end up facing one then you need to see how they play to understand their mindset.. do they bait a lot or not? if they bait a lot it means they’re very afraid of using shred since it does have a hefty cooldown if you miss, also if you’re at shack window and they open their mouth you wanna collide with the window.. but not actually vault to make it look as real as possible that you’ll vault it when you won’t, items can reveal this bluff though since a good demo will notice if your item goes missing it means you will vault so they commit to the shred and if it doesn’t disappear it means you’re bluffing the vault, don’t let them bait you.. YOU bait them, also demo’s shred pallet break is as fast as a normal break (both 2 seconds fyi) but the shred one seems faster cuz it instantly breaks the pallet but the cooldown is just the same.. you could also use spine chill + resilience to vault way faster than they can react because shred’s hitbox is wider than a normal lunge but has less reach.. this was confirmed by a demo pounce guide made by Pyrus.. https://youtu.be/-WoemxN7B18

    (Proof at 4:53)

    last tip of the day is to play demo himself to figure out his pros and cons and see what hinders you the most when playing him

    I mean these are all things I know but the window touch I never thought of I usually do a softer bait. And yeah this guy was pretty bad as a killer but good as a demo, but that could be because of his reliance on baits and instant power. I had resilience but wasn't injured and I try not to run those builds. And I refuse to run perks over one killer and most people might call me bad and all but this guy knew how to use demo ability to basically shut everything down unless I waste pallets. He was probably the only demo who did this to that level, and that's why I retracted and said at least fix hitboxes. But thanks that window bait is something ill try and im gonna try and look behind me more when its a killer like that. Because even if I know they are committing I need to bait them. I tend to get too focused to look back if I KNOW they are committing or too far away, but from is different.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    I hate that every time I go against a demo he has insta cancel and insta lunge. I ALWAYS get hit through crap against his lunge and he gets free zoning which is pretty annoying. Ntm oh he respected the pallet so you go for a window? Nah! Insta lunge and bad hitboxes so you get hit unless he sucks or didn't react to you running through in time. Dont get me wrong demo isnt all bad but when people just fake his power not only is that usually a sign of fear of a actual challenge its the deathslinger and ph problem all over again. Idk I had the new wretched shop and crane was trash and pallets gone too easily, but demo ability to give free hits should be tweaked.

    I want at least a small part to be changed like the insta charge and cancellation. Also hitboxes because even if he has insta charge at least let us get our proper vaults or drop a ######### pallet and plus you should be able to shred into a loop at an anglr and still hit a surv running through a pallet, thats not his ability, but its hitboxes and omg they suck. Yes, I mafe this becaude I died, no I dont need to get good because I already have im just venting about some kinda oppresive and annoying things of demo and how hitboxes make it worse so pleade keep the insults to yourself or the assumptions.

    TLDR: realized demo can be pretty freaking oppressive and hitboxes make his ability in a 1v1 even more bs.

    I agree with you on the damn hits. Demos always have the bad wifi and no matter if I dodge they hit me. It's really turned me off from him tbh. He still isnt that strong despite that.

  • Wait until you go against killers that aren't bottom tier

  • Yeah, Demo's zoning can become a real problem at some tiles. Running to an LT wall? Guess what, you ain't vaulting that no matter which window you go to.

    But, I don't think Demo needs a change except for it to stop announcing every single little thing it's doing by screaming at the top of it's lungs and clomping along with invisible lead weights attached to its toes.

  • The thing with Demo is that he's the first Killer with the ability to bait his Power. He also isn't terribly strong beyond setting up a potent 3-gen or committing to a chase build, so more often than not, he has to rely on you playing yourself to score hits with Shred.

  • @JimPickens666 said:

    Wait until you go against killers that aren't bottom tier

    You act as if I haven't. I never saod demo was strong

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/209856/demo-is-annoying

    I agree with you on the damn hits. Demos always have the bad wifi and no matter if I dodge they hit me. It's really turned me off from him tbh. He still isnt that strong despite that.

    Yeah he isnt strong thats why im not saying nerf him. But his insta charges are kimda bs coupled with window hits

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Yeah, Demo's zoning can become a real problem at some tiles. Running to an LT wall? Guess what, you ain't vaulting that no matter which window you go to.

    But, I don't think Demo needs a change except for it to stop announcing every single little thing it's doing by screaming at the top of it's lungs and clomping along with invisible lead weights attached to its toes.

    True, for me I think he is fine, except that Dumb ph style playing. Not Every one does it but its still enough to feel hopeless trying to be efficient

  • @DarKaron said:

    The thing with Demo is that he's the first Killer with the ability to bait his Power. He also isn't terribly strong beyond setting up a potent 3-gen or committing to a chase build, so more often than not, he has to rely on you playing yourself to score hits with Shred.

    Well he is like deathslinger. He doesn't have to rely on you of he actively baits. But that type of demo isn't as prevalent

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1787296#Comment_1787296

    Yeah he isnt strong thats why im not saying nerf him. But his insta charges are kimda bs coupled with window hits

    Demo has to hold shred for a little bit to get the full distance out of it. It's safe to fast vault for the first half second they hold Of The Abyss, assuming you have enough distance.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1787296#Comment_1787296

    Yeah he isnt strong thats why im not saying nerf him. But his insta charges are kimda bs coupled with window hits

    I mean hit validation is on permanently for now so those bad wifi vpners are gonna. Outplayed.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1787299#Comment_1787299

    You act as if I haven't. I never saod demo was strong

    Yeah it just feels like a petty thing to complain about, like at of all killers really

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Yeah, Demo's zoning can become a real problem at some tiles. Running to an LT wall? Guess what, you ain't vaulting that no matter which window you go to.

    But, I don't think Demo needs a change except for it to stop announcing every single little thing it's doing by screaming at the top of it's lungs and clomping along with invisible lead weights attached to its toes.

    Oh please, remove the clompy weights on his feet! It's so distracting when you're trying to hear subtle noise cues in chase and forget a stealth build! :)

  • @DarKaron said:

    The thing with Demo is that he's the first Killer with the ability to bait his Power. He also isn't terribly strong beyond setting up a potent 3-gen or committing to a chase build, so more often than not, he has to rely on you playing yourself to score hits with Shred.

    First killer who can bait his Power?

    Billy & Bubba say Hi! Just tap M2 and see the survivors reactions!

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    Inb4 the Demo Defenders get here saying how demo is the most perfect designed killer with no flaws.

    Being honest: Even people who defend demo think he's flawed in some way:

    Its the fact he's too loud for no good reason(His powers aren't strong enough to warrant the constant global/Semi global noise warnings).

    His add-ons suck(This is virtually indisputable due to how more or less unusable everything but his browns are).

    Or that his shred has too long of a cooldown(Aka self stun) on successful hit(Nearly being as long as legion's Feral Frenzy cooldown).

  • @Bardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1787311#Comment_1787311

    First killer who can bait his Power?

    Billy & Bubba say Hi! Just tap M2 and see the survivors reactions!

    I don't feel like that's a bait insomuch as it is a taunt.

    Revving and HOLDING it, however...

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788656#Comment_1788656

    Demo has to hold shred for a little bit to get the full distance out of it. It's safe to fast vault for the first half second they hold Of The Abyss, assuming you have enough distance.

    Jungle gyms dont. The slowdown if faking a shred is so minimal and the walkspeed is fast enough that you can't really do it

  • @Bardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1787311#Comment_1787311

    First killer who can bait his Power?

    Billy & Bubba say Hi! Just tap M2 and see the survivors reactions!

    But that isn't an issue they don't charge fast enough to really do anything on certain tiles. If anything leatherface is the bigger issue if you dont fall for it.

  • demo is way too stompy with it's feets and way too loud roaring...nerf pig

  • @Ace_Ventura said:

    Imagine complaining about DemoPls.

    I mean I could complain about clowns stupid gas or that trapper can prevent looping, but im not. Hell I never even said demo was too strong