Will BHVR ever fix billy?

Hillbilly has been bugged since 3.7.0 still hasn't gotten fixed yet despite how many times i told the devs about his current issues and also his new animations are terrible too.


P.S remove his camera bobbing please it makes my head hurt

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Welcome to the club.

    This post was made by Nurse mains gang.

    400 days of fighting bugs more then survivors another 400 days to come....

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Hillbilly has been bugged since rework and they broke him. He was much less buggy and had better animations than he has now. So they broke him by "updating" him. I don't think they'll fix him just like they refuse to fix nurse.

    I dont get it. All I remember is they changed his animation back in the "fixing infinites" patch, then they tweaked them when he got nerfed.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1780126#Comment_1780126

    I dont get it. All I remember is they changed his animation back in the "fixing infinites" patch, then they tweaked them when he got nerfed.

    Something about his collision is off for sure. He gets caught on random crap mid lunge like no other.

    His headbob is also awful and makes me feel sick.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1780154#Comment_1780154

    Something about his collision is off for sure. He gets caught on random crap mid lunge like no other.

    His headbob is also awful and makes me feel sick.

    It was in the patch notes if I recall correctly, it said something like

    • Fixed an issue where the player could avoid stun as hillbilly by letting the chainsaw go early.
  • rip hill billy it hurts

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1780193#Comment_1780193

    It was in the patch notes if I recall correctly, it said something like

    • Fixed an issue where the player could avoid stun as hillbilly by letting the chainsaw go early.

    I dunno. I'm talking about his normal movement. Strafing around loops and such. It feels like he gets stuck on things other killers slope off of.

  • Most Billy's I've gone against has kicked my ass, so he can't be that buggy

  • @Deadman316 said:

    Most Billy's I've gone against has kicked my ass, so he can't be that buggy

    You shoudl consider the possibility of that being a "YOU problem." :)

  • Wait, what bugs are we talking about? Genuine question, cause Billy plays nice and smooth for me

  • @Moodyy said:

    Hillbilly has been bugged since 3.7.0 still hasn't gotten fixed yet despite how many times i told the devs about his current issues and also his new animations are terrible too.

    P.S remove his camera bobbing please it makes my head hurt

    You don't list any bugs.

  • @Moodyy said:

    Hillbilly has been bugged since 3.7.0 still hasn't gotten fixed yet despite how many times i told the devs about his current issues and also his new animations are terrible too.

    P.S remove his camera bobbing please it makes my head hurt

    I very much noticed Hillbilly's changed animations and camera view when they first changed it. Nowadays I never notice it and feel super competitive with him.

    What I think he needs changing with is a few of his addons. His addons with time implications attached need indicators added in the bottom right of the HUD like Nurse. Mother's Helpers currently works for thirty seconds. I would like to have an idea of how long it is going for. Lopro Chains reduces the chainsaw to a single health state for five seconds. I would like to have an idea of how much longer that will be.

    Then there's the actual addon changes I feel he needs. Black Grease should at the very least do what the yellow heat reduction addon does at the least. Then my suggestion for a change is have Hillbilly's heat reduction reduced marginally for each flashlight in the trial (rather than the requirement having a flashlight pointed at Hillbilly). At least then it is no longer an addon that is out of Hillbilly's control.

    The Pighouse Gloves currently reduce the heat gained by the initial revving of the chainsaw. It is just less impactful than the yellow addon and also in a poor spot like Black Grease. I think a secondary affect would also be good here and my suggestion is to add the brown heat addon, Junkyard Air Filter, to the Pighouse Gloves as well.

    There are other killers that combine two yellows addons for a single green. I think these suggestions are perfect and will make the Hillbilly players want to use higher rarity addons going forward.

    Then the controversial addons: Both charge time addons could use buffs. Mother's Helpers and Tuned Carberator. Tuned Carberator more so. 4.4 m/s movement speed is awful on a melee-only killer. On the basic maps it can be dealt with but anything with extensive loops and dropdowns makes Hillbilly completely uncompetitive. These two addons, without the penalty/activation requirements were Hillbilly's brown and yellow charge time addons and I think it would be fine to bring these without the pallets/movement speed penalty. I think adding additional first revving heat to the chainsaw (as new penalties) would however seriously discouraging stacking the charge time addons together and encourage bringing more heat reduction addons like the Pighouse Gloves.

    I'll end my rant here.

  • Personally I find him much more playable with his boot add-ons the turning without them is just horrible. Its kind of sad they took a classic well designed killer and pushed him into a poor state b tier killer. Not only that but his rework added nothing to the killer but a put a cap on the only exciting element of his kit. Then again who cares right? Billy been like this for a while and the community has voiced little to no criticism once the initial opinions were made. I really think they need to do something with the overheat that has a positive element. Because as of right now it as a mechanic its only there to punish you for using the only interesting and unique element the killer has.

  • @Zarathos said:

    Personally I find him much more playable with his boot add-ons the turning without them is just horrible. Its kind of sad they took a classic well designed killer and pushed him into a poor state b tier killer. Not only that but his rework added nothing to the killer but a put a cap on the only exciting element of his kit. Then again who cares right? Billy been like this for a while and the community has voiced little to no criticism once the initial opinions were made. I really think they need to do something with the overheat that has a positive element. Because as of right now it as a mechanic its only there to punish you for using the only interesting and unique element the killer has.

    As a former billy main, I just dropped him. If I'm going to play with bugs, I'd rather play nurse. Atleast then I can actually control the game. They killed billy.

  • @JesseJH28 said:

    Wait, what bugs are we talking about? Genuine question, cause Billy plays nice and smooth for me

    Are we playing the same game? Or did you now play Billy much in 2019? Billy has been horrible to play for nearly a year. Not exactly super buggy but not fun in the slightest. And BHVR aren't doing anything about it, they think it's fine that he has such horrendous animations and camera that they decided to butcher for no reason. They really need to stop touching things that didn't need to be touched because all they do is break them even more.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1780324#Comment_1780324

    Are we playing the same game? Or did you now play Billy much in 2019? Billy has been horrible to play for nearly a year. Not exactly super buggy but not fun in the slightest. And BHVR aren't doing anything about it, they think it's fine that he has such horrendous animations and camera that they decided to butcher for no reason. They really need to stop touching things that didn't need to be touched because all they do is break them even more.

    I did play Billy a lot last year and the year before, and I still play him a lot now. He's always been one of my main killers. While I agree he didn't need to be touched, I can honestly say it hasn't changed my playstyle or performance with him at all. I really just don't think new Billy is that bad 🤷‍♂️

  • What bugs are you talking about? Can somebody give me a list of bugs that hillbilly is experiencing cause I played him and he feels fine to me

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1780154#Comment_1780154

    Something about his collision is off for sure. He gets caught on random crap mid lunge like no other.

    His headbob is also awful and makes me feel sick.

    He's always been hitting invisible stuff with his lunges. So sick of it.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    What bugs are you talking about? Can somebody give me a list of bugs that hillbilly is experiencing cause I played him and he feels fine to me

    Chainsaw animations when missing, hitting, etc.

    Extreme camera bopping due to his limp, feels realistic but also feels horrible. Makes him feel slow when moving in certain directions and just makes him clunky overall. Same goes for carrying a survivor.

    His external animations (what survivors see) when revving are sped up when moving, slowed down when staying still (go into a KYF to easily see this one).

    Mallet lower on screen than normal (I don't mind this one tbh)

    Pretty sure they messed something up with curving. Gonna need an actual Billy main to confirm that though.

  • He's always been bugged, even before the rework. False saws, bumping into pallets instead of breaking them, etc. So to answer your question, no.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1781493#Comment_1781493

    Chainsaw animations when missing, hitting, etc.

    Extreme camera bopping due to his limp, feels realistic but also feels horrible. Makes him feel slow when moving in certain directions and just makes him clunky overall. Same goes for carrying a survivor.

    His external animations (what survivors see) when revving are sped up when moving, slowed down when staying still (go into a KYF to easily see this one).

    Mallet lower on screen than normal (I don't mind this one tbh)

    Pretty sure they messed something up with curving. Gonna need an actual Billy main to confirm that though.

    Nothings wrong with curving.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1781493#Comment_1781493

    Chainsaw animations when missing, hitting, etc.

    Extreme camera bopping due to his limp, feels realistic but also feels horrible. Makes him feel slow when moving in certain directions and just makes him clunky overall. Same goes for carrying a survivor.

    His external animations (what survivors see) when revving are sped up when moving, slowed down when staying still (go into a KYF to easily see this one).

    Mallet lower on screen than normal (I don't mind this one tbh)

    Pretty sure they messed something up with curving. Gonna need an actual Billy main to confirm that though.

    i main billy nothing is wrong with his curving just everything else is bugged

  • @Acromio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1780297#Comment_1780297

    You shoudl consider the possibility of that being a "YOU problem." :)

    I think I was just making a post and not complaining, some killers just have our number, but thanks for trying to start something :)

  • His add-ons need a re rework. They're so situational and useless.

    "Gain undetectable for 15 seconds after landing a chainsaw attack"🤪

    "Chainsaw charges slightly faster.......but, you'll move at hag speed" 🤨

    "Chainsaw cools moderately faster while having a flashlight beam on you" 🤔

    "Chainsaw charges slightly faster for 30 seconds after being stunned by a pallet" 🧐

    Can't wait to get a pallet dropped on me so I can insta saw (ok, not insta... But a little than usual) and land a hit so I can be undetectable while I carry a survivor to a hook.

    ######### were they smoking when they considered these add-ons? 🤯

  • @voorheesgt said:

    His add-ons need a re rework. They're so situational and useless.

    "Gain undetectable for 15 seconds after landing a chainsaw attack"🤪

    "Chainsaw charges slightly faster.......but, you'll move at hag speed" 🤨

    "Chainsaw cools moderately faster while having a flashlight beam on you" 🤔

    "Chainsaw charges slightly faster for 30 seconds after being stunned by a pallet" 🧐

    Can't wait to get a pallet dropped on me so I can insta saw (ok, not insta... But a little than usual) and land a hit so I can be undetectable while I carry a survivor to a hook.

    ######### were they smoking when they considered these add-ons? 🤯

    That flashlight one is so silly.