lobby dodging
Anyone been quiting lobbies when seeing a flashlight since the flashlight bug is a thing? I spent 30 minutes just to find a lobby without a 4 man flashlight squad
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Either play a different killer or dodge.
What flashlight bug?
Flashlight = dodge
Exploit bugs in other games pls, but not in my lobby
Only time I would bring a flashlight into a match is to drop it the moment I find a chest.
So because people don't know who the killer is and with all the Hags pre patch and Wraiths post patch it's an exploit t bring it. Again not knowing who the killer is you can't call it an exploit for bringing said flashlight since it could be a Billy/Nurse.
I actually got a laugh out of it and if you;d take a step back and look at it from a sarcastic angle you'd get a laugh too. He also does have a point given all the killer main posters saying similar stuff and not getting the same response.
I cant speak to the intent , but I have seen a huge increase in the games where flashlights are present before launch . I see it as being in preparation for the spirit . If your good with one you can use it against any killer but with the upswing of a new killer and the odds in favor of it being her , they bring them .
Yes but since I play spirit, I do know how it will end.
And pls, dont tell me that the survivors take the flashlight to counter hag that nobody plays
Prior to this patch hag was one of the top played killers, especially at ranks 1-5 so flashlights were a pretty common sight. After this patch there's still Hag although way more Wraiths now so still Flashlights get a lot of use.
I have not seen a single hag since the patch yet. And I paly a lot atm due to double BP.
2 wraiths so far I believe.
Dont fool yourself, you know why survivors bring those flashlights
I always close the lobby when I see players with a legacy and a flashlight. Just because it's either cheaters, or players with 4-5k hours in this game, toxic as hell.
Since patch came out i've had 15 or so hags, 20-30 Wraiths, 15-20 billy's less than 15 Nurses, 20 or so Trappers, 3 Bubba's, 15 or so Rins, 1 Doctor, 6 or so Clowns etc.
The only one fooling themself here is you, perhaps if you got to the rank 1-5 range you'd see that flashlights both before and after the patch are still being brought to face the usual killers.
No one is magically after 2 + years just now bringing flashlights into their matches just because there's a new killer out that has a bug.
For killer main backup I'll ask some people who've been here for 2+ years or so who'll tell you the same thing.
@Orion @SovererignKing @Jack11803 @Master @fcc2014
I'm not a Killer main, despite what you may believe, and my notifications are disabled.
I will say that I haven't noticed an increase in flashlight usage, and those who do use them seem oblivious to the bug/exploit, judging by how they use them.
I will also say that when insta-flashlights were a thing, there was a massive increase in flashlight use, obviously to exploit the bug.
I don't get it: I've been playing a lot with Spirit, and I've been blinded maybe two times total, while managed to do flashlight evasion 10+ times. Not sure what bug you're referring to.
And, at any rate, lobby dodging is so undignified, same as purposefully deranking so you can play against less skilled players. Lame.
The bug is that the Spirit is more susceptible to flashlights, from the Killer's PoV, although she is immune to the blind effect itself. In other words, while the player will quickly experience a white screen, the character herself will never be blinded.
Oh that's why I never dropped a surv even though my screen turned white. I think... I can live with it, though it definitely doesn't seem intended.
Though my guess is, it will be fixed relatively quick. Survivors being unable to flashlight save looks like a major issue.
I leave the lobby only when the player has a ######### (red) internet connection. And sometimes it happen 9 lobby on 10.
Yeah. This is practically the only valid reason for lobby dodging. I wish there was a way to notify highpingers as killer, and ask them to leave.
The ping is visible to them, but some people from countries with ######### Internet are so used to playing with heavy lag that they don't care it ruins the game for everyone else.
No increase in flashlight usage FFS
I had not seen the flashlight bug myself. As far as flashlights at the high ranks that is a given. I don't care, i do however get a little perturbed by the last second switch outs.
Do you wanna start a fight? This is how you start a fight. Wasn't it around December last year when every killer was almost instantly blinded by flashlights. That was hell to play.