Is there a DLC character you regret buying?

Could be different reasons but heres a few.

  • The killer's power feels weak.
  • Difficult to master.
  • You just lost interest over time.

Comments

  • @Adjatha said:

    I bought the game in the first place specifically for Pyramid Head. After a few hundred hours playing it, Pyramid Head feels terrible to play. His shockwave is the only decent part of his kit, and it is trivial to juke for any player that is looking at the red stain. His torment trails are embarrassingly useless and all but TWO of his addons affect them, basically meaning he's a killer with no addons. Moreover, almost all his stuff seems to be focused on being Undetectable for some reason, as if the lack of a terror radius makes up for the fact that he's gigantic, makes a ton of noise by just walking, and using his power in any way is as loud as a generator exploding.

    What feels even worse is that the inevitable response is "actually, pyramid head is really good because he can blah blah loops." No. That doens't make him good. Having a thing that makes loops slightly less safe if the killer flawlessly performs a trick AND the survivor isn't paying any attention at all is a terrible power, much less that the recovery is so long that the survivor may as well be getting a free Sprint Burst every time you miss with it. Or "actually, his torment is super strong because it negates all the survivor hook perks." No again. It takes so much time to set torment trails, they can't be set in the spots every other trap can, AND there's a very severe hard cap on how many trails you can have and how long before they fade away. The only time people get tormented is if they run over your trail in a loop, which is, at best, one person at a time. The killer instinct alert is so short as to be pointless, the trail neither damages nor slows, torment does not affect player actions in any way, rescuing from a cage removes up to two instances of torment making you have to start the whole process over again, and even if you DO get a cage off, you're shutting down all the killer-hook perks as well as just shipping them off to be grabbed by the survivors working on gens far away from you.

    The core idea of the killer powers is so neat, yet what I can only assume is the result of endless survivor complaints has delivered a wildly under-utilized kit that boils down to "short range huntress." The fact that the last attention he got was in the form of a shockwave nerf with zero buffs to his torment trails or his totally worthless addons kinda tells me that the developers are fine with where he's at, which is a tremendous disappointment for me.

    There are lots of fun killers to play and I really wish that the guy who got me into the game in the first place was one of them.

    Honestly, I think Pyramid heads power is just kinda dull. The cage aspect is cool but the projectile I just find kind of generic and boring to use.

  • Ghostface hands down. I have to admit all ears is a decent perk though.

  • ASH of course.

    P2W DLC and nerf it after everyone buy it.

  • Ghostface.

    I don't like how addon dependant he is. I want to play him with gray addons but I don't want to get destroyed lol.

  • Probably Twins if I'd ever buy them, which isn't happening. They are probably the first character I'll get for shards instead of cells.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    Ash

    I couldn't agree with this more! How the hell do you put in Ash and not give him his chainsaw, or at least his boomstick? It would have been awesome to be able to use one of those items as a one-time guaranteed stun against the Killer.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Ghostface. I'm All Ears I could've gotten on the shrine several times and my hatred for this killer is unrivaled.

  • @Rockotheawesomepug said:

    I don't regret buying any of them but honestly a lot of them feel unfinished and very lackluster.

    Bill is a solo survivor, not having The Sacrifice as a map and not even having a killer. Like you could have at least gave Hag a Witch skin, Oni a Tank skin, Clown a Boomer skin, Twins a Boomette and Jockey skin, Deathslinger a Smoker skin, Purge a Spitter skin, and so on.

    Ash has the same problems as Bill and he could easily have a Deadite as a killer and the cabin as the map.

    Leatherface needs a map and survivor, simple fix.

    Ghostface needs the same thing as Bubba Sawyer. Just give her Sydney and have Stu be his nephew or something so then they'll have a connection. You could give them a map with Stu's house as the main building.

    Pig needs Mark Hoffman as a male skin (even if its legendary) and needs to add actual Saw music to her. You could give her light Saw music when having the beartrap on to make it more suspenceful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2IYpJQL01M Watch this and it'll be more clear but it could be lighter quieter obviously.

    Freddy DEFINETLY needs some changes. First and foremost, just change his design to Robert England Freddy and give him the iconic laugh. I've never been a fan of the new Freddy because it makes his story a lot more lewd which is NOT what he does. He's a sociopath, not a child [REDACTED] =_=

    For Michael.. eh.. Haddonfield could use some small changes so there's no wasted space (blocked off buildings) and that's about it. He's chilling otherwise.

    Give Blight a map, that's it.

    Make Oni slightly more intemidating cause I see others getting freaked out by him but for me it's more of getting spooked by his yell and that's it.

    Make Spirit's schoolgirl outfit more kawaii? XD

    In terms of your comments about listened characters, particularly Ghostface, and Freddy, I'm not sure you instand how it works completely. Ghostface as a mask is what BHVR have the licence to, not any part of the scream franchise including the characters Stu or Sydney. They can't add in those people or any locations from those films.

    Freddy is licenced from the 2010 remake. They can't put in the Robert Englund Freddy because they don't have the licence to the Robert Englund Freddy.

  • Pig. She was only ever decent, and BHVR's obsession with kicking her in the shins every other patch has been ridiculous to watch over her entire existence.

  • I like the concept but demodog is just abysmal to play against good survivors and his constant noise from the clomping of his feet to the map wide screeches and portal goo noise why does he have "undetectable" addons? Why are his best addons commom and uncommon?

  • Myers. He's difficult to use and needs to have really good add-ons for me to have a shot. Laurie doesn't offer a lot of selection of skins either and I rarely use her perks.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1770564#Comment_1770564

    I couldn't agree with this more! How the hell do you put in Ash and not give him his chainsaw, or at least his boomstick? It would have been awesome to be able to use one of those items as a one-time guaranteed stun against the Killer.

    Is because he got his only good perk not only nerfed, made trash like 2 weeks after release.

  • @Deadman316 said:

    Myers. He's difficult to use and needs to have really good add-ons for me to have a shot. Laurie doesn't offer a lot of selection of skins either and I rarely use her perks.

    I find Myers to be a lot of fun, but like you said you need to have the right perks. Myers is a snowball killer, which makes having infectious fright practically a must with him. And when you combine that with PWYF, you have the ability to sometimes end a match right then and there.

  • i bought blight a few days ago, from what i saw i thought his power was when he dashed he could attack on he first dash not u have to bump into something turn around and lose the survivor cause they sprint bursted or something

  • Pyramid head, Ghostface (kinda), Micheal Myers and mostly LEGION.

  • I guess Deathslinger. Perks are awful and he's just boring for the most part.

  • Everytime I buy a killer or survivor for their perk it always shows up in the shrine the next week so like almost always

  • Take your pick. Console is such a frustrating experience because it makes half of the Killers way tougher than normal, so I literally just end up playing nothing but M1 Killers (especially Legion).

  • Felix. His perks sounded good especially the desperate measures perk, until you learn it doesnt stack.

  • @Iudex_Nemesis said:

    Could be different reasons but heres a few.

    • The killer's power feels weak.
    • Difficult to master.
    • You just lost interest over time.

    I think for me it would be The Oni. He's really difficult to master and I don't tend to play as him, however he's really rewarding when you play right. Maybe The Clown as well, just because I play on PS4 and it's bit difficult to aim and throw bottles efficiently.

  • @exelse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/208189/is-there-a-dlc-character-you-regret-buying

    I think for me it would be The Oni. He's really difficult to master and I don't tend to play as him, however he's really rewarding when you play right. Maybe The Clown as well, just because I play on PS4 and it's bit difficult to aim and throw bottles efficiently.

    I agree with the clown. I would love to be able to play the huntress, the clown, and deathslinger more than I do, but trying to aim with a joystick and no reticule is incredibly difficult.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1775494#Comment_1775494

    I agree with the clown. I would love to be able to play the huntress, the clown, and deathslinger more than I do, but trying to aim with a joystick and no reticule is incredibly difficult.

    I actually don't find deathslinger as difficult as at the beginning and I get quite few shots with him these days. Huntress is a big no no for me. It's a shame that joystick makes it difficult for some of the game's features (I even find it diffucult to use flashlight when I play survivor but oh well)

  • @exelse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1775503#Comment_1775503

    I actually don't find deathslinger as difficult as at the beginning and I get quite few shots with him these days. Huntress is a big no no for me. It's a shame that joystick makes it difficult for some of the game's features (I even find it diffucult to use flashlight when I play survivor but oh well)

    True you do get a little bit of a crosshair with the harpoon gun, but only being given one chance before you have to reload - while understandable - is really difficult when trying to shoot a juking survivor on a joystick.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1775511#Comment_1775511

    True you do get a little bit of a crosshair with the harpoon gun, but only being given one chance before you have to reload - while understandable - is really difficult when trying to shoot a juking survivor on a joystick.

    I've heard somewhere that you shouldn't even bother to aim at juking survivor because by juking they make themselves slower and you can catch up with them. I've tried it few times and it works so maybe you could try this too! I think maybe I get on well with him is because I play COD and I'm used to aiming with a gun lol. I think they should also introduce add-on that gives you two shots before you need to re-load. Bit OP but would definitely change Deathslinger game.

  • @exelse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1775522#Comment_1775522

    I've heard somewhere that you shouldn't even bother to aim at juking survivor because by juking they make themselves slower and you can catch up with them. I've tried it few times and it works so maybe you could try this too! I think maybe I get on well with him is because I play COD and I'm used to aiming with a gun lol. I think they should also introduce add-on that gives you two shots before you need to re-load. Bit OP but would definitely change Deathslinger game.

    I play my fair share of FPS but I'm no hardcore player, so that probably has something to do with it! LOL And like I said trying to play an FPS without a reticule for a casual player like myself is almost impossible.

  • Sorry to Necro, but ...

    The Blight.

    I've bought all DLCs on release day but this is the only character that brings nothing but frustration to the table.

    Any killer that needs to have add-ons to be effective has a real issue.

  • Twins, by far the worst chapter since DeathSlinger

  • myers pretty useless and pretty bad perks for the builds i use

  • Actually no, all the killer's kill.

  • Plague. Actually awful how messed up she is currently and Behavior hasn't said anything for months about improving her or fixing her bugs

  • Yui because I hate her design story and perks

    i do like oni though

  • Demise of The Faithful, because I started thinking that Plague's playstyle was awesome but I ended up knowing I simply cannot play her.

    Also Silent Hill. I'm very bad as Pyramid Head, too.

  • Plague, she was fun when she was first introduced. But now with the dedicated servers cucking her out of hits that should have obviously landed, I can say with certainty I regret spending the $5.

1 2 ›