Killers - ENOUGH WITH THE RUIN/UNDYING ALREADY

Christ almighty. Every other... no every 2 out of 3 games is this goddamned broken build. If the devs aren't going to fix it, how about you killers admit that it makes the game easy as goddamned hell and stop running it. I started equipping Small Game to hunt the totems down but it still doesn't help since the aura feature brings the killer to me and I end up getting stopped. Add Tinkerer or an Ebony Mori... this is just more freebie killer fun at survivor expense. When will you devs wake the F up.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Well it's for aggressive M1s like Nurse. BBQ, Infectious, Sloppy, Blood echo. You get one injured down them down the other person with infectious hook him go back to the other person injured with BBQ. Who's injured because of sloppy and he won't get away because Blood Echo took his Dead hard or Sprint Burst or any exhaustion perk. Then rinse and repeat or keep Sloppy and Blood echo and change out the other two but that's my build.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721440#Comment_1721440

    You're assuming so many things here thouhg, this is like the best case scenario. Assuming the killer doesn't find you, assuming it's not a mobility killer or doctor. Assuming its not a hag, trapper or p head forcing you to avoid their traps, assuming the killer has not already downed some else and begun applying pressure, assuming you can actually find the totems and that they spawn in the right spots, assuming you don't run into the killer. This is literalyl just a once off scenario.

    Not exactly. My build is spine chill calm spirit bt and sb. Its designed for my play style. Only thing that gives me trouble is nurse and spirit. Or a great killer in general. Also i know the difference between 1v1 and 4v1. Im not the only one on my team. There is 3 other survivors. I also know the real object is to waste killer time. If do know how to loop so i can buy my team time if i need to.


    And most importantly. Adaptability. Everything doesnt always go according to plan. So you do need to think on your feet.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721476#Comment_1721476

    I don't care if nobody wants to follow my rulebook, since it's my rulebook, that dictates how I play. Last I checked there wasn't another GoodBoyKaru on the forums, though do correct me if I'm wrong here.

    No u right, just saying, ggs.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721097#Comment_1721097

    Camping is over rated, I'm the only person anywhere that actually encourages camping. But I can never encourage anybody. Becuz nobody really wants to camp. They just do it becuz they have to or they are triggered.

    Camping is the noobstomper of strategies. If survivors keep going to the hook even when you're there then you'll win, if they are smart and stick to gens you'll lose.

    Nobody does it cause it's a losing strategy if you do it without thought

  • @voorheesgt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721410#Comment_1721410

    Ummm they already nerfed pop... Even though nobody took issue with it. So yes, undying will probably get nerfed based on cold numbers and nobody asking the living, breathing voices behind the numbers.

    Sure i'm not totally on board with the pop nerf but it didn't hurt it that much at all realistically. maybe a 10% drop im pop value.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721461#Comment_1721461

    Well it's for aggressive M1s like Nurse. BBQ, Infectious, Sloppy, Blood echo. You get one injured down them down the other person with infectious hook him go back to the other person injured with BBQ. Who's injured because of sloppy and he won't get away because Blood Echo took his Dead hard or Sprint Burst or any exhaustion perk. Then rinse and repeat or keep Sloppy and Blood echo and change out the other two but that's my build.

    Ooo i like that. I may try that on my freddy or something

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721476#Comment_1721476

    I don't care if nobody wants to follow my rulebook, since it's my rulebook, that dictates how I play. Last I checked there wasn't another GoodBoyKaru on the forums, though do correct me if I'm wrong here.

    Can i change my name to badboykaru and just go around disagreeing with you?

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721009#Comment_1721009

    Killer Has to be "friendly "? Obviously ur a entitled survivor main.

    I use to have that mentality when I was a noob.

    Why don't u stop playing survivor and become a killer main, and be "friendly"?

    I use to do that. Got worked up about rude killers so I started killer to be "friendly" and went on a quest to show the dbd world how a killer should be played.

    After a while, I found out killers are actually friendly. Its the survivors who are NOT friendly. That was the turning point i became a survivor main who defends the real victims in this game, the killers.

    Ahh here we go was waiting for someone to pull the ur an entitled survivor main card without knowing that i literally have 2/3rds of my 3k hours on killer.

    It is more than feasable to play fairly and win without ruin and undying. Are you saying that ever killer who won before this perk combo played scummy? That's just nonsense.

  • @Bullettimegod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721489#Comment_1721489

    Can i change my name to badboykaru and just go around disagreeing with you?

    Do it

  • @voorheesgt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721460#Comment_1721460

    Sounds amazing. Spill it! (and explain blood echo in a more coherent way than the game description plz). I don't see any value in making people bleed periodically.

    Seriously what does the perk do?

    BBQ, Infectious, Sloppy, and Blood echo for the agressive M1s. Blood echo after you hook someone every injured person will get hemmorhage which is worthless but exhaustion also which is the selling point 1 min cool down. Exhaustion lasts 45 seconds. Here's the build you get someone down them get that other person with infectious. Hook the person get to the person downed first they didn't heal because of sloppy which means you get to them and can't use their Dead Hard or Sprint Burst to get away rinse and repeat. Or just run sloppy and blood echo and get creative with the other two but that's what I've used.

  • @Slunkster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721009#Comment_1721009

    All I see is survivor constantly complain, survivor being toxic in game and on the forum, and I mainly play svv lately.

    Almost every solo queue game that isn't with chat impaired players (aka crossplay)

    I get survivor blaming the killer for their own mistakes and being the toxic entitled crybabies they always are

    Killers? They say a cheeky "GG =)" when they win and lose, or simply nothing at all and move on. Not sure we play the same game or read the same forum, literally go look at the main discussion page, look how many post are main SVV crying to see everything on the killer side nefred xD

    Dude the dbd forums r literal killer main city and look how many complaints are here.

    Both sides complain, survivors aren't the evil supervillains in all of this and killers the holy saints. Both sides have their issues. Stop talking like tru3.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721464#Comment_1721464

    Ahh here we go was waiting for someone to pull the ur an entitled survivor main card without knowing that i literally have 2/3rds of my 3k hours on killer.

    It is more than feasable to play fairly and win without ruin and undying. Are you saying that ever killer who won before this perk combo played scummy? That's just nonsense.

    Other than ur counter accusation to my accusation, u haven't countered any of my points.


    I mean, I could go,


    Ah... Another entitled survivor who claims to be killer main, but acts like a entitled survivor.


    Playing "fairly" is extremely subjective. In the world of dbd, anything and everything goes. Is the killer OP? Yes! Are 4 survivors w meta perks OP? Of course!


    Is the game balanced? No!


    Does entitled survivors make up a rulebook for ppl to follow? Yes!


    That's the problem, there is no fair, or unfair, u just play how u want to play, and follow ur own rulebook without imposing on others, or guilt shaming killers to alter their style of gameplay.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721476#Comment_1721476

    I don't care if nobody wants to follow my rulebook, since it's my rulebook, that dictates how I play. Last I checked there wasn't another GoodBoyKaru on the forums, though do correct me if I'm wrong here.

    Can I get express permission to reference your rulebook if the need arises.

    Just thinking ahead.

    Smile guys.

    😃 Happy day after Halloween 🎃

  • @voorheesgt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721489#Comment_1721489

    Can I get express permission to reference your rulebook if the need arises.

    Just thinking ahead.

    Smile guys.

    😃 Happy day after Halloween 🎃

    Yes, feel free to call me out on if I break the rules I set for myself, since I try my absolute best to follow them regardless of circumstances. The only, and I mean only, exception to the no tunneling rule is when there's an OoO. Then I'll try my best not to, but I might 'slip up'.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721514#Comment_1721514

    Yes, feel free to call me out on if I break the rules I set for myself, since I try my absolute best to follow them regardless of circumstances. The only, and I mean only, exception to the no tunneling rule is when there's an OoO. Then I'll try my best not to, but I might 'slip up'.

    I know this is derailing the thread but i want your thoughts on something i said earlier.


    Do you think devs are forgetting killers tunnel ooo out the game which is why they have such low survival rates?

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721481#Comment_1721481

    Dude the dbd forums r literal killer main city and look how many complaints are here.

    Both sides complain, survivors aren't the evil supervillains in all of this and killers the holy saints. Both sides have their issues. Stop talking like tru3.

    Killers are not saints, both sides probably does have issues. But the survivors are way more toxic than killers.


    Just look at PS4 dbd players. So many ppl shut off communication from others becuz they get toxic messages from other survivors, not becuz the killers are harassing them. Killers turn it off too, becuz win or lose, survivors always got something to say.


    Just look at the rulebook, it's made for killers and they get guilt shame if it's not followed.


    There is no rulebook for survivors to follow, if there is one, nobody cares. And survivors don't feel any guilt, they are entitled.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721514#Comment_1721514

    Yes, feel free to call me out on if I break the rules I set for myself, since I try my absolute best to follow them regardless of circumstances. The only, and I mean only, exception to the no tunneling rule is when there's an OoO. Then I'll try my best not to, but I might 'slip up'.

    You got it! I'll keep you on track.

    Also OoO should be null and void regarding any rules set for honor/fairness. I'd personally forfeit all match point and exp for an ivory Mori as soon as I see OoO.

  • @Bullettimegod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721517#Comment_1721517

    I know this is derailing the thread but i want your thoughts on something i said earlier.

    Do you think devs are forgetting killers tunnel ooo out the game which is why they have such low survival rates?

    I do think when quoting low escape rates this particular stat was overlooked, but (as I said in my summary) I do also believe the developers listen to community feedback. The experience's of the developers are clearly a stark contrast to our own (as they said to simply ignore the OoO user, which isn't the problem with the perk at all) so we just need to make clear exactly what the issue with the perk is, and give contructive, civil feedback to them (something this forum, and community in general, are not very good at).

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721467#Comment_1721467

    BBQ, Infectious, Sloppy, and Blood echo for the agressive M1s. Blood echo after you hook someone every injured person will get hemmorhage which is worthless but exhaustion also which is the selling point 1 min cool down. Exhaustion lasts 45 seconds. Here's the build you get someone down them get that other person with infectious. Hook the person get to the person downed first they didn't heal because of sloppy which means you get to them and can't use their Dead Hard or Sprint Burst to get away rinse and repeat. Or just run sloppy and blood echo and get creative with the other two but that's what I've used.

    I'll definitely try it out. Thx.

  • @Kalinikta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721324#Comment_1721324

    1. You are claiming that DS/UB is required! Because otherwise you die to camping and tunneling... so if that isn't the case as it doesn't come into play often... why is it required? If it wouldn't be that common it wouldn't be much of an issue now would it and survivors wouldn't be running these perks all the time. Like seriously, you cannot state it is a REQUIREMENT TO HAVE! Yet they never come into play... as that would allow you to swap them out. If you are worried about having no obsession in the game, use the game chat before a match to make sure someone brings an obsession perk? Like even solos can coordinate a little before the match starts.
    2. Half the games are free wins? If you meet potatoes maybe... I don't know what it does in solo queue.... while I only solo queue, literally have 0 experience with being a part of a SWF as a survivor? Is it unplayable... euhm... nope, it extends the game and if the killer pressures gens properly makes it harder, which means your team has to perform better in terms of loops, sticking to gens, finding totems, etc. You also act like the killer isn't doing anything and just gets handed the win, all the combo does is keep ruin up longer and making pressuring gens actually beneficial. Why isn't it an issue to face just ruin? Because it doesn't last for any significant amount of time, because 2/5 is next to gens, 2/5 is usually just out in the open and 1/5 is actually somewhat hidden.
    3. I have tried it, it is inconsistent with its performance. Some games it is amazing, some games it is complete trash and anything in between based on the survivors you meet and some luck the quality of the perk combo is very volatile. I personally prefer Pop goes the Weasel for a more consistent gameplay, but this just gives an alternative and is great on high mobility killers as they can zoom around and pressure most of the map. These are the killers where the combo shines and it makes the game a lot more difficult.
    4. I don't believe you need to play scummy, but to do so you need to have either an extreme snowball, the ability to end chases extremely fast (which based on who you are meeting, map rng and your own experience can be really hard) and/or have gen slow down. Games go so fast if you aren't snowballing out of control, if the survivors play anywhere near decent and aren't throwing themselves at you. I do believe that gen slow down perks are nearly a must to be running at higher levels of play if you are facing anywhere near similar caliber skill or higher survivors.
    5. Free wins against the best teams? Euhm... no matter what perks I use, the best teams will crush me and yet I also don't dodge teams, I win some I lose some... it really matters how good they are, if they are near my level I do alright, still no guaranteed victory or anything, if they are overall significantly better than me I get crushed. Once again you are ignoring the fact that survivors can counter the build and good teams can simply win against the undying/ruin combo. Nobody is instantly winning matches against good teams. That is the difference, good teams beat the combo because they know how to play against it. Bad teams aren't handed a win and get dominated by it because they are not playing well. Survivors also need to become better, play well, adapt to the meta and simply become good? This isn't exclusive for killers.
    6. Perks combos that are meta make the game much easier, that is why they are meta; Survivor meta perks are seen as crutches, training wheels, as they make the game easier: give you extra time, compensate for mistakes and buff your performance. Run the best perks and the game becomes easier... same applies to Killers and why wouldn't it? Running Corrupt Intervention and Pop also makes my life easier, running detection perks make my life easier, that is the point of them?
    7. You don't need to use a perk to counter it, you can also bring a map, learn the totem positions, simply search for them... most aren't really all that hidden. Like if you struggle, use a perk to make your life easier! According to you the perks you deem necessary aren't needed often, so why not swap it out for one you think is? Why do killers need to waste 2 perk slots to slow down the game to counter the speed at which generators are completed? Why are these gen regression perks meta... like undying/ruin ruffled the meta for survivors, you don't have to adjust to it and stick to your UB/DS/DH/BT build. Like feel free not to adjust, but there are a lot of good survivors that did and they are very good at hunting down totems and winning against the combo.
    8. Perks don't predetermine the outcome. If you believe that is the case it just showcases your inability to adjust and improve. Solo survivors, SWF ... doesn't really matter man. If you believe that simply putting 2 lit totems in the game stops you from thinking and playing then it just shows how biased you are. Ruin/Undying does nothing if the killer doesn't apply pressure properly and if survivors respond properly they can counter it.

    Frankly to me it sounds like you play one side only or don't play killer at high ranks. I play survivor, I play killer and by no means the meta on survivors is less oppressive than the one on the killers end. You are the one that needs easy, free wins as a survivor... the moment the killer brings in meta perks that force you to perform better, adjust, find totems... just to hard, unbeatable, predetermined outcome! Simply put, get good and you can beat the meta combo. It is what everyone told me to do as a killer, just play around DS/UB, just pressure gens better, just be good... why wouldn't that same logic apply to survivors? Good survivors can beat hex perks, bad survivors struggle...

    1: It's required in order to prevent killers from taking advantage of these scummy and easy tactics and getting easy wins. No i never said it NEVER comes into play please read my posts before you make these statements. I just said it comes into play alot less then ruin undying would. Personally i almost never run into ds and when i do im usually in a good enough enough position that it doesn't hurt me or its because i've been downing ppl fast with say nurse or blight etc.

    2: No the combo makes ruin stay up all game unless the killer literally gives you the time to go and pop all of the totems and find them and travel to them and avoid any potential killers or their powers. I literally stom solo survivors as killer so much now that i intentionally dodge alot of bad players or solo surviovrs because i know the games gonna be boring and a free win. I wanna be playing a game where i can actively make choices to affect the outcome, not automaticalyl win because my oponents r garbage or cause of my perks.

    3: I agree in that i like pop alot more as well. It doesn't give you free gen pressure and you have to use it wisely but it can also be very effective when used well. High mobility killers is what literally breaks ruin undying. I've played in tournaments with ruin undying blight and it's just been a stomp fest. In a TOURNAMENT may i remind you where there are co-ordinated teams.

    4:The ability for you to down suvivors and beat them in a chase pretty much 100% comes down to you as a killer these days. Sure 2 years ago i might have agreed but so many more loops are mindgameable, easy to deal with or just generally unsafe these days. Plus over half of all killers have an anti loop as well which makes catching survivors a whole lot easier. If you're struggling to down survivors fast take time to rewatch you're gameplay. I can guarantee you will find many ways you could have played the chases better.

    5:Sure good teams can deal with the combo but in no way do they "stomp" against it. It's actualyl quite challenging to deal with ruin undyign no matter if you're in a team or not, it's jsut that it hurts solo so much more. Survivors do need to get better you're right, but the game is forcing them to play better these days. You actually need to be good at looping to hold a killer now and you need to know alot of stuff about the game. This can not be said for killer, as you can liteally know the basics fundementals as killer and still stomp because of perks builds and killers, for example deathslinger you literalyl need to know nothing about mindgaming, very little about how loops work and you don't need to worry about a surviovrs skill level or their ability to dodge because of the instant ADS.

    6:Corrupt and pop makes life easier but it doesn't siphon the survivors ability to have fun or win as an expense, and they require skill and game knowledge to use.

    7:Sure you can learn the totem positions but at the end of the day it's all rng and you still have to go wandering around the map for ages even if you know where all the totems are. you also aren't taking into account any other factors regaring the killers presence and acting as if the killer just lets you go do whatever you want whenever you want. You don't need gen regresison perks on any mediocre-good killer that's just you wanting to use them to make ur life easier. Also think about this when was the most recent of those meta survivor perks released? Lullaby for the darkness. Almost 3 years ago. Killers on the other hand are constantly getting new meta perks. Sure survivors arent getting bad perk but nothing any where near the level of ruin undying, thrilling, surge, infectious, corrupt just to name a few recent killer meta perks.

    8: I've played with this combo before,and i've seen what it does to you. You don't need to think anywhere near as much as without it because you don't need to worry about gen regression mechanics at ALL and you can afford to loose a chase and not get punished for it.

    No i've got over 2/3rds of my hours on killer. DS/UB are far easier to play around with than ruin undying which the only options you have with that leave you punished and incredibly vunerable as i've mentioned before.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721520#Comment_1721520

    I do think when quoting low escape rates this particular stat was overlooked, but (as I said in my summary) I do also believe the developers listen to community feedback. The experience's of the developers are clearly a stark contrast to our own (as they said to simply ignore the OoO user, which isn't the problem with the perk at all) so we just need to make clear exactly what the issue with the perk is, and give contructive, civil feedback to them (something this forum, and community in general, are not very good at).

    Thats actually valid.

  • @Bullettimegod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721484#Comment_1721484

    Not exactly. My build is spine chill calm spirit bt and sb. Its designed for my play style. Only thing that gives me trouble is nurse and spirit. Or a great killer in general. Also i know the difference between 1v1 and 4v1. Im not the only one on my team. There is 3 other survivors. I also know the real object is to waste killer time. If do know how to loop so i can buy my team time if i need to.

    And most importantly. Adaptability. Everything doesnt always go according to plan. So you do need to think on your feet.

    You've literally got the most stealth urban claud build i've ever seen, and frankly ppl who seem to defend undying ruin always have this playstyle, which myself and many others in the game find incredibl boring, so no we are not switch to that playsyle.

  • @Impermanent said:

    Christ almighty. Every other... no every 2 out of 3 games is this goddamned broken build. If the devs aren't going to fix it, how about you killers admit that it makes the game easy as goddamned hell and stop running it. I started equipping Small Game to hunt the totems down but it still doesn't help since the aura feature brings the killer to me and I end up getting stopped. Add Tinkerer or an Ebony Mori... this is just more freebie killer fun at survivor expense. When will you devs wake the F up.

    So im unsure if someone mentioned this to you but... distortion counters undying 3x. Hopefully you arent a meta user and are willing to run perks to change the flow of the game. I would try using that

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721499#Comment_1721499

    Other than ur counter accusation to my accusation, u haven't countered any of my points.

    I mean, I could go,

    Ah... Another entitled survivor who claims to be killer main, but acts like a entitled survivor.

    Playing "fairly" is extremely subjective. In the world of dbd, anything and everything goes. Is the killer OP? Yes! Are 4 survivors w meta perks OP? Of course!

    Is the game balanced? No!

    Does entitled survivors make up a rulebook for ppl to follow? Yes!

    That's the problem, there is no fair, or unfair, u just play how u want to play, and follow ur own rulebook without imposing on others, or guilt shaming killers to alter their style of gameplay.

    Sure play however you like but doesn't mean ppl r gonna like you nor does it mean you need to be better than ur opponets to win. This applies for both sides btw. If i loose to an urbanning blendette swf i know i didn't loose because i was outplayed or didn tdo well it was because there was nothing i could do to stop them from hiding everytime i was within 40 metres of them.

  • @Bullettimegod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721517#Comment_1721517

    I know this is derailing the thread but i want your thoughts on something i said earlier.

    Do you think devs are forgetting killers tunnel ooo out the game which is why they have such low survival rates?

    They missed the point with it. (Cold data without listening to us). They see no problem with OoO because:

    1. Data shows low survival rate and mediocre pick rate.

    2. It is only seen by them as a perk for anoying and distraction. They don't understand what it becomes when utilized in SWF.


    So yes, low survival rate is purely from tunnelling them out. They need to cross-check the data to see how often ONLY the OoO is killed while 3 escape.

  • @Bullettimegod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/202649/killers-enough-with-the-ruin-undying-already

    So im unsure if someone mentioned this to you but... distortion counters undying 3x. Hopefully you arent a meta user and are willing to run perks to change the flow of the game. I would try using that

    Oh wow! I never thought of that. I am a totem cleanser and run small game. I should use distortion. I wish it came w 5 tokens instead of 3 though. I could wipe out all the totems fairly quickly as I have a general knowledge of all the totems spots.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721493#Comment_1721493

    You've literally got the most stealth urban claud build i've ever seen, and frankly ppl who seem to defend undying ruin always have this playstyle, which myself and many others in the game find incredibl boring, so no we are not switch to that playsyle.

    Well that is subjective isnt it? I find it more fun to see how close i can get to a killer with out being spotted.

    Also... cant be an urban claud build if i dont use claudette or urban evasion. But literally thats semantics right?


    Alsoooo.... "we find that playstyle boring so we arent gonna switch to that" ha... hahaha. Way to adapt and overcome your issues.

  • @Breakable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721490#Comment_1721490

    Blight = strong

    Nurse = strong

    Spirit = strong

    Freddy = strong

    Huntress = strong

    I dOn'T nEeD gEn PrEsSuRe. I wonder why. I can grab a 4k on any killer but that solely depends more on survivors and the map I get. Low mobility killer on mother's dwelling against good survivors? I'm lucky to get a 1k. Lery's as Bubba? ggez 4 escapes.

    Well sure ur taking it to teh extreme where you get really good survivors + really bad map for ur killer + bad killer + no snowball or any other contributin factor. It's like getting an infectious nurse on bloodlodge as survivor.

    You also gotta remember alot of weaker killers trade in gen pressure or mobility for other purposes, so perks allow them to compensate for it. Like doctor has an anti loop AND a tracking ability, same with plague, but both dont have any gen defence or mobility so thus gen defence perks become important on these killers.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721504#Comment_1721504

    Killers are not saints, both sides probably does have issues. But the survivors are way more toxic than killers.

    Just look at PS4 dbd players. So many ppl shut off communication from others becuz they get toxic messages from other survivors, not becuz the killers are harassing them. Killers turn it off too, becuz win or lose, survivors always got something to say.

    Just look at the rulebook, it's made for killers and they get guilt shame if it's not followed.

    There is no rulebook for survivors to follow, if there is one, nobody cares. And survivors don't feel any guilt, they are entitled.

    PS4 is a different kettle of fish im not gonna comment on that. The reason ppl run into toxic survivors more often is because there are 4 survivors and only 1 killer, so statistically you should see toxic survivors 4 times as often.

    It's not like killers don't have their own rule book. OoO= tunneled and out of game, just to give you an example.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721493#Comment_1721493

    You've literally got the most stealth urban claud build i've ever seen, and frankly ppl who seem to defend undying ruin always have this playstyle, which myself and many others in the game find incredibl boring, so no we are not switch to that playsyle.

    How many others? Just a few? Thousands? This detail could change everything! Or nothing. Not sure

  • @Bullettimegod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721532#Comment_1721532

    Well that is subjective isnt it? I find it more fun to see how close i can get to a killer with out being spotted.

    Also... cant be an urban claud build if i dont use claudette or urban evasion. But literally thats semantics right?

    Alsoooo.... "we find that playstyle boring so we arent gonna switch to that" ha... hahaha. Way to adapt and overcome your issues.

    Most ppl play this game for the chases, not to hide all game. If ur saying you need to hide against ruin undying to win, then alot of ppl wont wanna play this game.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721513#Comment_1721513

    Sure play however you like but doesn't mean ppl r gonna like you nor does it mean you need to be better than ur opponets to win. This applies for both sides btw. If i loose to an urbanning blendette swf i know i didn't loose because i was outplayed or didn tdo well it was because there was nothing i could do to stop them from hiding everytime i was within 40 metres of them.

    Yea I mean, I guess u could tell urself whatever it is to make urself feel better.


    I'm a previous StarCraft player. I can stay calm in the most frustrating situations and believe that harassing ur opponent in a PvP game is totally cool.


    I look for things that annoys my opponent and try my best to make his life miserable. I tend to get camped though once I'm hooked. If not camped the killer hits my struggling body a few times before going elsewhere. And I'm totally fine w it.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721481#Comment_1721481

    Dude the dbd forums r literal killer main city and look how many complaints are here.

    Both sides complain, survivors aren't the evil supervillains in all of this and killers the holy saints. Both sides have their issues. Stop talking like tru3.

    ? Just look at the current discussion page, count, look how many are from svv, look at killer's look at what killer's post are, look at survivor's post, one ask for nerfing everything, the other ask how to do specific bugged challenge or challenge they find difficult in the rift.


    4 svv 1 killer, the chance of complains from a svv is way higher than killers, It's simply mathematically so.

    I don't deny killer complains, both side's fanatic are creating unhealthy situations and habits for the community since most of the community follow the mass like a heard of sheep, but stop pretending that survivor are not the main one on a constant crusade against everything killer is just plain denial. Main killer complain are DS+UB, they don't care about UB, they don't mind DS as an anti tunnel, what they hate is that the way DS work, even when not tunneling, you get stabbed in the butt, they ask to seek killer being buffed to see them all on par with the stronger one, same for perks, to give the game variety. Look at survivor's complain, everything is too strong on the killer side and need a nerf, they want DS to be even stronger, to see hook progress stop until the next game if the killer even look around the hook for survivors if nobody shows up on BBQ. XD

    I play both side, I get to be insulted by toxic survivor when I i play killer or see them insulting each others and when I play survivor ? I get to see survivor do the same thing and constantly deny their involvement in anything and the killer either being silent or respectful. I see constant survivor teabaging everytime they specially for the one who reach the exit gate or spamming flash light at the killer, taunting the killer in end game chat. I'm only one man, but my experience that isn't based on denying the forum clear post or the clear toxicity happening too often to count if you play solo queue or killer from survivors

    So unless your denial makes it that you can't see the actual forum and all it's post... Or didn't played solo queue since long enough for you not be aware of the current state of the game, I will gladly accept your apologies so we can move on to have a normal and constructive conversation =)

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721541#Comment_1721541

    Most ppl play this game for the chases, not to hide all game. If ur saying you need to hide against ruin undying to win, then alot of ppl wont wanna play this game.

    What im saying is by definition of survivor is to adapt to any situation to allow yourself to live. Btw, you missed the bt and sb in the build? If you dont like sb you can switch to any exaustion perk. Or any self healing perk instead of bt.


    Which for the record you admitted to one of the biggest problems of the game. Survivors wanna rely on the same tiring things over and over again. Sure chase is fun. But how does that help your team? Youre just talking 1v1 and you deserve to lose. Every time. Sure you buy your team sometime but what if the killer is waaay better than you. You got into a chase for nothing cause its "fun" then come to the forums crying how it killer perks changes meta and is op.


    And if youre on killer side, you really dont want long chases anyways because time is against the killer.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721524#Comment_1721524

    PS4 is a different kettle of fish im not gonna comment on that. The reason ppl run into toxic survivors more often is because there are 4 survivors and only 1 killer, so statistically you should see toxic survivors 4 times as often.

    It's not like killers don't have their own rule book. OoO= tunneled and out of game, just to give you an example.

    But my point still stands, I rarely get toxic messages from killers. Like almost never. If anything, I sometimes get killers who let me go. Or slug me instead of death hooking me just to give me another chance.


    I get toxic messages like 100x more from survivors. Not 4x more.


    And that 1 rule u came up w about OoO is laughable when killers gotta follow 10x that amount. Killers also get guilt trip on forums and in the games where survivors do not.


    So I still believe survivors are more toxic. And I'm a survivor main. But played enough killer to understand the bull killers goes thru. There's a reason why most ppl play survivor.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721487#Comment_1721487

    1: It's required in order to prevent killers from taking advantage of these scummy and easy tactics and getting easy wins. No i never said it NEVER comes into play please read my posts before you make these statements. I just said it comes into play alot less then ruin undying would. Personally i almost never run into ds and when i do im usually in a good enough enough position that it doesn't hurt me or its because i've been downing ppl fast with say nurse or blight etc.

    2: No the combo makes ruin stay up all game unless the killer literally gives you the time to go and pop all of the totems and find them and travel to them and avoid any potential killers or their powers. I literally stom solo survivors as killer so much now that i intentionally dodge alot of bad players or solo surviovrs because i know the games gonna be boring and a free win. I wanna be playing a game where i can actively make choices to affect the outcome, not automaticalyl win because my oponents r garbage or cause of my perks.

    3: I agree in that i like pop alot more as well. It doesn't give you free gen pressure and you have to use it wisely but it can also be very effective when used well. High mobility killers is what literally breaks ruin undying. I've played in tournaments with ruin undying blight and it's just been a stomp fest. In a TOURNAMENT may i remind you where there are co-ordinated teams.

    4:The ability for you to down suvivors and beat them in a chase pretty much 100% comes down to you as a killer these days. Sure 2 years ago i might have agreed but so many more loops are mindgameable, easy to deal with or just generally unsafe these days. Plus over half of all killers have an anti loop as well which makes catching survivors a whole lot easier. If you're struggling to down survivors fast take time to rewatch you're gameplay. I can guarantee you will find many ways you could have played the chases better.

    5:Sure good teams can deal with the combo but in no way do they "stomp" against it. It's actualyl quite challenging to deal with ruin undyign no matter if you're in a team or not, it's jsut that it hurts solo so much more. Survivors do need to get better you're right, but the game is forcing them to play better these days. You actually need to be good at looping to hold a killer now and you need to know alot of stuff about the game. This can not be said for killer, as you can liteally know the basics fundementals as killer and still stomp because of perks builds and killers, for example deathslinger you literalyl need to know nothing about mindgaming, very little about how loops work and you don't need to worry about a surviovrs skill level or their ability to dodge because of the instant ADS.

    6:Corrupt and pop makes life easier but it doesn't siphon the survivors ability to have fun or win as an expense, and they require skill and game knowledge to use.

    7:Sure you can learn the totem positions but at the end of the day it's all rng and you still have to go wandering around the map for ages even if you know where all the totems are. you also aren't taking into account any other factors regaring the killers presence and acting as if the killer just lets you go do whatever you want whenever you want. You don't need gen regresison perks on any mediocre-good killer that's just you wanting to use them to make ur life easier. Also think about this when was the most recent of those meta survivor perks released? Lullaby for the darkness. Almost 3 years ago. Killers on the other hand are constantly getting new meta perks. Sure survivors arent getting bad perk but nothing any where near the level of ruin undying, thrilling, surge, infectious, corrupt just to name a few recent killer meta perks.

    8: I've played with this combo before,and i've seen what it does to you. You don't need to think anywhere near as much as without it because you don't need to worry about gen regression mechanics at ALL and you can afford to loose a chase and not get punished for it.

    No i've got over 2/3rds of my hours on killer. DS/UB are far easier to play around with than ruin undying which the only options you have with that leave you punished and incredibly vunerable as i've mentioned before.

    Ruin staying up all game? Boy, must be hard to ignore all those totem for the whole game and blaming it on the killer perks... A totem is what? 15 sec to cleanse? If you can find 15 sec to cleanse a single totem out of the game cause the killer is always on top of you, killer is hacking video it, report it, no killer can do that. And if the killer isn't hacking... Well the problem is still on survivor not doing their job to counter such an easy to counter perk combo. This combo is only good when survivor refused to cleanse and chose to slam gens and ignore everything else, why do you think it's paired with tinkerer ? Same reason, punish survivor who have no awareness and blindly hold M1... Wait, aren't survivor always complaining about the game being all about holding M1 and not caring about the rest? Are survivor now complaining about having pay attention and do more than holding M1 on gens? Guess there's no pleasing some people. =)


    Just re read your full message, I do mostly agree about your point on deathslinger, although I'd say that map knowledge is a strong tool against him if the player doesn't have that knowledge himself, be it to make him lose line of sight or double back at a blocked sight loop.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721533#Comment_1721533

    Oh wow! I never thought of that. I am a totem cleanser and run small game. I should use distortion. I wish it came w 5 tokens instead of 3 though. I could wipe out all the totems fairly quickly as I have a general knowledge of all the totems spots.

    Im unsure if you were being sarcastic.. imma say you arent cause i like believing in people.


    Yea people often forgets some perks counter killer perks and killers in general. Which is funny. Sure its not a perfect counter but 3 less totems on the board means less totems to cleanse. Unless killer also uses bbq and chili... then well. Yea you can quickly fall behind in distortion tokens.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721448#Comment_1721448

    That just completely false. I don't run gen pressure at ALL on blight, nurse, spirit, freddy and huntress because you don't even need it to win. SURE i don't win every game but do i main any of these killers apart from blight? No. Most other killers ill usually only have corrupt and pop which sure as hell does the job far better than i'd ever need.

    Killers were actually getting better at the game after old ruin went did u not see? Most killers actually knew how to rotate and stop throwing the game through stupid plays because they were finally punished for not playing well. Now you chase someone and loose the chasee? Oh well you've got ruin undying tinkerer so just go over to another gen and watch it regress.

    I don't recommend pop. It's weak af.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1720872#Comment_1720872

    The reason survivors use these perks is to stop scummy killers And maybe if there were less of them survivors wouldn't use these as much. And here we go another person assuming you can just spawn on both totems and take them out as if a killer doesn't exist in the game.

    It does happens to me a lot recently tbh that's why I'm saying it, first one pop undying then second one gets Ruin, I had a game where did happened in like the first 2 minutes. But you know what it's part of the game and I deal with it, plus that game me 2 minute where you guys where not slamming gens.

    As for DS being anti-tunnel, you guys made that up BHVR never said it was a anti-tunnel perk clearly. When you get into a locker after a unsafe unhook l, all you get is 5 more seconds, I play nurse now, what are pallet,loops and building?

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721487#Comment_1721487

    1: It's required in order to prevent killers from taking advantage of these scummy and easy tactics and getting easy wins. No i never said it NEVER comes into play please read my posts before you make these statements. I just said it comes into play alot less then ruin undying would. Personally i almost never run into ds and when i do im usually in a good enough enough position that it doesn't hurt me or its because i've been downing ppl fast with say nurse or blight etc.

    2: No the combo makes ruin stay up all game unless the killer literally gives you the time to go and pop all of the totems and find them and travel to them and avoid any potential killers or their powers. I literally stom solo survivors as killer so much now that i intentionally dodge alot of bad players or solo surviovrs because i know the games gonna be boring and a free win. I wanna be playing a game where i can actively make choices to affect the outcome, not automaticalyl win because my oponents r garbage or cause of my perks.

    3: I agree in that i like pop alot more as well. It doesn't give you free gen pressure and you have to use it wisely but it can also be very effective when used well. High mobility killers is what literally breaks ruin undying. I've played in tournaments with ruin undying blight and it's just been a stomp fest. In a TOURNAMENT may i remind you where there are co-ordinated teams.

    4:The ability for you to down suvivors and beat them in a chase pretty much 100% comes down to you as a killer these days. Sure 2 years ago i might have agreed but so many more loops are mindgameable, easy to deal with or just generally unsafe these days. Plus over half of all killers have an anti loop as well which makes catching survivors a whole lot easier. If you're struggling to down survivors fast take time to rewatch you're gameplay. I can guarantee you will find many ways you could have played the chases better.

    5:Sure good teams can deal with the combo but in no way do they "stomp" against it. It's actualyl quite challenging to deal with ruin undyign no matter if you're in a team or not, it's jsut that it hurts solo so much more. Survivors do need to get better you're right, but the game is forcing them to play better these days. You actually need to be good at looping to hold a killer now and you need to know alot of stuff about the game. This can not be said for killer, as you can liteally know the basics fundementals as killer and still stomp because of perks builds and killers, for example deathslinger you literalyl need to know nothing about mindgaming, very little about how loops work and you don't need to worry about a surviovrs skill level or their ability to dodge because of the instant ADS.

    6:Corrupt and pop makes life easier but it doesn't siphon the survivors ability to have fun or win as an expense, and they require skill and game knowledge to use.

    7:Sure you can learn the totem positions but at the end of the day it's all rng and you still have to go wandering around the map for ages even if you know where all the totems are. you also aren't taking into account any other factors regaring the killers presence and acting as if the killer just lets you go do whatever you want whenever you want. You don't need gen regresison perks on any mediocre-good killer that's just you wanting to use them to make ur life easier. Also think about this when was the most recent of those meta survivor perks released? Lullaby for the darkness. Almost 3 years ago. Killers on the other hand are constantly getting new meta perks. Sure survivors arent getting bad perk but nothing any where near the level of ruin undying, thrilling, surge, infectious, corrupt just to name a few recent killer meta perks.

    8: I've played with this combo before,and i've seen what it does to you. You don't need to think anywhere near as much as without it because you don't need to worry about gen regression mechanics at ALL and you can afford to loose a chase and not get punished for it.

    No i've got over 2/3rds of my hours on killer. DS/UB are far easier to play around with than ruin undying which the only options you have with that leave you punished and incredibly vunerable as i've mentioned before.

    1) You said that the 1 min invulnerability doesn't come into play often. That means that killers aren't tunneling/camping all that much in your opinion. You cannot have it both ways, it is required and always needs to be used but it isn't coming into play. Literally any obsession means that the killer cannot tell whether it is in the game or not. 1 survivor having an obsession perk or the killer for that matter and there are 0 tells.

    2) If ruin stays up all game versus non mobile killers... you are doing a horrible job. Sorry but excuses... if the killer can pressure you off all the gens, all the totems all the time... what the hell are you doing as a survivor team. Like something has to give if you play well, there is no where in the world that the killer can be every where. Spread out, do gens and totems... it really isn't that hard. Make them have choices to what they have to give up and what they protect. Learn to apply pressure across the map, be better survivors?

    3) Euhm... footage please? Any tournament I have seen until now in the game usually is a stomp fest, but from the survivor end... not the other way around. Also once again, it is purely with mobility killers and the top % of the world if you are talking tournament level right. Should we balance the game around that caliber player, because then the survivor meta perks are also really busted to the point that tournaments tend to place hardcore restrictions on what can be used... why would that be?

    4) Looping isn't about the survivor winning and not being hit, it is about the time span that it takes to do it. Killers are supposed to down you, but while they are trying to do that there are 3 other survivors doing what ever they please. Also... killers do need to know about looping, else the moment you encounter anyone decent they will ring around the rosy with you till 3,4,5 gens are done. This is a 4v1 game, killers are supposed to win the 1v1. The fact that a good survivor is able to hold a killer for very long amounts of time, showcase that killers also need to know what they are doing... else they are losing a 1v1 while there 3 more survivors to worry about. Also, specific killers are not an argument to state that ALL killers don't need to know the fundamentals and have no skill. It is like stating that trapper doesn't need to know about loops or game knowledge?

    5) Actually good teams can stomp vs ruin/undying, unless the killer is also good. Then it becomes a challenge... isn't that the point of the game? Having a challenging experience if you meet someone of the same caliber and isn't it a bit worrying that it only applies to when they use a perk combo? Why are you so scared of a challenge... and you complain that killers want easy wins? Solo hurts more regardless, it is more challenging period, not because of some perks... I run kindred pretty much all the time, yet in a SWF that wouldn't really be needed for instance.

    6) Undying/Ruin also doesn't siphon the survivors ability to have fun or win, they just demand that survivors also have game knowledge and skill. You have issues with it and you don't want to bring anything along to help you with it.

    7) If you have issues with games lasting longer and not being 100% efficient, bring a map.... it will tell you where they are. You do need regression perks in the same way that you need DS. Is it as 100% requirement, no. Killers have more options, the meta changes based on what is available and makes current survivor perks better like Hunch and Small game... yet here you are complaining that you don't want to use them. Those perks are becoming more meta, because totems are getting more important as there are actual good hex combos. There are more ways than just one to make perks better, having perks that are countered by unused perks is a way to make those unused perks better.

    8) Euhm... you don't have to think about kicking gens - which is totally and utterly useless unless you have Pop pretty much (2 sec investment that can ben undone with a tap), you still need to make sure they aren't on them holding M1, you also now have to consider the totems which if you don't run a hex isn't something to consider. You defend mindless, one sided easy perks to use on the survivor end and make their life easier.

    You claim it is easy to play around immunity? Simply ignore it right... just you know let the guy do a gen in your face, save the dude you just hooked, crawl to the exit for a free escape... all easy play around right. I have been hit with DS after hooking someone else and downing the savior, I had people crawl to victory and DS me right before they got out for a free escape, literally no counter play at all... why was it still in the game at that stage, because I didn't tunnel and didn't camp. You know how you should play versus DS, tunnel them at the start of the game... it avoids the bullshit situation at the end game and if your response to that is... just don't let it become end-game, then I tell you just don't let go of a gen when they have ruin. Both sides have ######### to deal with, but you are very much in favor and defense of all survivor meta perks, but ooh way the killers have something that slows you down and makes the game a challenge.

    All in all, you just want the game to be easier for survivors. The fact that good survivors can deal with the combo, indicates that it is the skill level and coordination that survivors need to learn - maybe it starts weeding out the bad red-rank boosted players? When I started playing killer and got my ass handed to me, all I heard was get good! Just play around it, adapt, learn to deal with the meta that we have on the survivor end. Why doesn't this apply both ways? I am not an amazing player, killer or survivor... instead of blaming the perks for my loss I look at what I could do better.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    Survivors—ENOUGH WITH THE DS UB DEAD HARD ALREADY

    See, I can do it too.

    I hate to ruin it but I was the 70th upvote ;(

  • Just replace dead hard or adrenaline with small game or detective's hunch and do the bones.

  • All im seeing in thks thread is the killer isnt supposed to even have perks cause they are strong enough already. "But noones complaining about pop or corrupt or anything. Just ruin undying" You..... You are complaining about all killer perks because they give killer advantage. Because somehow ruin undying gives godmode and unlimited hitrange and instawins the game regardless of survivor skill. This game is such a mess

  • @Nosferatu3145 said:

    Do the bones

    Cept, now the bones yell out "Help! Help! Creatures are touching me all over! Stranger danger!"

    ...and then the dear killer comes a'running. 😊

  • God forbid killers have any type of pressure when contending with DS/ Unbreakable combos every other game.

  • Yes, it does make for a boring game. HOWEVER, Ruin/Undying only works if survivors are repeatedly failing in chases. It's exposing just how terrible most survivors are in a chase. Most players don't even last 20 seconds. That's insanely bad on most maps.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Yes, it does make for a boring game. HOWEVER, Ruin/Undying only works if survivors are repeatedly failing in chases. It's exposing just how terrible most survivors are in a chase. Most players don't even last 20 seconds. That's insanely bad on most maps.

    Honestly,i wouldn't even call Ruin+Undying matches boring.

    Killers using this combo means that there should be a lot of survivor and killer interaction,which is the most fun in this game isn't it?

  • @Buttercake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1720798#Comment_1720798

    Cept, now the bones yell out "Help! Help! Creatures are touching me all over! Stranger danger!"

    ...and then the dear killer comes a'running. 😊

    Hex: bones protector

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    Survivors—ENOUGH WITH THE DS UB DEAD HARD ALREADY

    See, I can do it too.

    excellent counter point the survivor op will ignore. Remember, if the killer has an ability that is effective, that is unfair. No such rule applies to survivor.

1 2 3 4