Yui is lesbian, right?

I know the devs said they were bringing LGBT our way but havent admitted to who yet.

But I feel Yui was made lesbian from the start. She has the closest ties to seemingly enjoying company of woman.

Theres a lot more here I just cant express in words. Maybe someone else can help?


Anywho, I look forward to her rift cause I feel her lore will be the day to celebrate. ❤️

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • No, yui is a biological man that identify as a woman.

  • I bet Yui has scissored Nea, Meg and Claudette to completion. Fan fic writers get started on this!

  • @Ace_Ventura said:

    I much prefer the "we can have our own interpretations" approach. My Yui is lesbian. My Adam is gay. My David is in the closet, and my Bill isn't anything, cause he's actually dead according to his lore.

    Well that would most likely be the best way of handling anythings. Since it would allow everyone to have their own way of handling things and let it be true, in their personal cannon. Since to point to disney star wars, alot of shippers were not very happy with the way Rei and Klyo were handle. They sort of got what they wanted but not in the way they wanted. While leaving it up to everyone own mind, would allow them to picture it the way they desire 100%. Which is much better than other ideas in this thread that are more or less akin to burn the witch and shove their point of view down everyone's throat.

    @storydove said:

    The reason it matters is because representation matters. Does Ellie's sexuality in The Last of Us matter? The game mechanics wouldn't be any different if she was attracted to males, and you could argue that her being a heterosexual young woman wouldn't even change the narrative that much. The problem, as I see it, is if every game is absent of homosexual characters. Then it is as if gay people do not exist in these game worlds, this straight-washing of societies, even if they are imagined, leaves people without representation regarding their sexuality.

    Representation done well can help bring down barriers, it can help prevent bigotry, demystify and nomalize something that people have no choice in. Would Dead by Daylight be a better game if it reflected sexualities? Yes. Will it help me be beeter at escaping the Killer? Sadly it won't.

    Well I seen alot of war and action genre focus pieces of media. That lack any romance, yet logically these characters had to come from some where. It seems like yes straight people exist, even if they don't say it in the story or show it. Since well a story focus on war, will sometimes purely focus on the front line fighting. Yet it wouldn't make much sense, for us to go with they didn't show it, so it doesn't exist. Since these people had to be born somehow and these pieces of media are base on our own world. Since everything else is like our world, in the case of these stories base on our own reality. It would only make sense, to think everything else works the same as our own world. Since a story only has so much time like in the case of a movie or even in other pieces of media, only has so much spot light it can focus on, it needs to leave things that are not important out, since a car I think everyone knows how it works and doesn't need it to be explained to them, when it could be used on more important story elements. Which something that is on going like dead by daylight and with the way the rifts work, they can always make sure everyone gets their own focus. That and when it comes to repsentation, to truly repsentation people. You need more than they are just gay. Since there is a slice of life show I watch, which has a gay couple. They act like a real couple, they are not just gay. They have disagreements, they get into trouble. They raise a child. They act like real people. Which is often what representation demands forget. The reason people relate to others, is due to who they are. Not what they are. People are not robots or part of some human mind that all act the same. That and I could add in a gay character to something, doesn't make it better. Same for a straight character, their sexually doesn't make something better. You have to put effort into it, to truly make it better. Otherwise any character who is straight would be beloved as Peter Parker or Like Luke Skywalker used to be before disney got their hands on him. Yet characters like Kirito are hated by alot of folk, due to their lack of effort or quality in the writing behind them. IF you truly want to represent someone. Do what all great classic characters did before them, flesh them out and make them feel like a real life person. For all humans are more than just gay or straight, they have a favorite drink, a meal they enjoy, things they like and dislike, not just their sexually.


    Which also your final statement, conflicts it's self. You say it will make the game better but than go it has no effect on gameplay. Unless you meant story wise than fair point.

  • @Awakey said:

    This matters... Why again?

    Not that it's a bad thing, just why does anyone care about the sexuality of a horror games character?

    Everyone suffers equally

  • I hope they leave sexuality out of this game.

    Its literally a game, if your part of the gay community and want to imagine your favorite character as yourself then go right ahead, but we dont need the devs labeling the characters as straight gay bi ect whatever

    Its a game, you want gay characters then just imagine it. Put on your gayest cosmetics and flame away, but please dont ask the devs to make characters a certain sexuality.

    I can see it now, new gay character is introduced and now someone playing killer that hates gay people just tunnels the people playing the gay survivor and delivers much more unwanted hate messages during end game. Kinda like the treatment you get if you play a p3 Claudette.

    Just my thoughts, im all for expressing yourself and you doing you, but this is a video game and we should leave it just that.

    A video game.

  • @BillyMain77 said:

    I hope they leave sexuality out of this game.

    Its literally a game, if your part of the gay community and want to imagine your favorite character as yourself then go right ahead, but we dont need the devs labeling the characters as straight gay bi ect whatever

    Its a game, you want gay characters then just imagine it. Put on your gayest cosmetics and flame away, but please dont ask the devs to make characters a certain sexuality.

    I can see it now, new gay character is introduced and now someone playing killer that hates gay people just tunnels the people playing the gay survivor and delivers much more unwanted hate messages during end game. Kinda like the treatment you get if you play a p3 Claudette.

    Just my thoughts, im all for expressing yourself and you doing you, but this is a video game and we should leave it just that.

    A video game.

    The thing is, heterosexuality has already been introduced in this game with the Nurse, Frank and Julie, as well as David. People just want equal representation. If they want to leave sexuality out of the game, fine. But they've already ruined that with the characters I mentioned above.

  • @icareaboutstories said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1726754#Comment_1726754

    Well that would most likely be the best way of handling anythings. Since it would allow everyone to have their own way of handling things and let it be true, in their personal cannon. Since to point to disney star wars, alot of shippers were not very happy with the way Rei and Klyo were handle. They sort of got what they wanted but not in the way they wanted. While leaving it up to everyone own mind, would allow them to picture it the way they desire 100%. Which is much better than other ideas in this thread that are more or less akin to burn the witch and shove their point of view down everyone's throat.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1726236#Comment_1726236

    Well I seen alot of war and action genre focus pieces of media. That lack any romance, yet logically these characters had to come from some where. It seems like yes straight people exist, even if they don't say it in the story or show it. Since well a story focus on war, will sometimes purely focus on the front line fighting. Yet it wouldn't make much sense, for us to go with they didn't show it, so it doesn't exist. Since these people had to be born somehow and these pieces of media are base on our own world. Since everything else is like our world, in the case of these stories base on our own reality. It would only make sense, to think everything else works the same as our own world. Since a story only has so much time like in the case of a movie or even in other pieces of media, only has so much spot light it can focus on, it needs to leave things that are not important out, since a car I think everyone knows how it works and doesn't need it to be explained to them, when it could be used on more important story elements. Which something that is on going like dead by daylight and with the way the rifts work, they can always make sure everyone gets their own focus. That and when it comes to repsentation, to truly repsentation people. You need more than they are just gay. Since there is a slice of life show I watch, which has a gay couple. They act like a real couple, they are not just gay. They have disagreements, they get into trouble. They raise a child. They act like real people. Which is often what representation demands forget. The reason people relate to others, is due to who they are. Not what they are. People are not robots or part of some human mind that all act the same. That and I could add in a gay character to something, doesn't make it better. Same for a straight character, their sexually doesn't make something better. You have to put effort into it, to truly make it better. Otherwise any character who is straight would be beloved as Peter Parker or Like Luke Skywalker used to be before disney got their hands on him. Yet characters like Kirito are hated by alot of folk, due to their lack of effort or quality in the writing behind them. IF you truly want to represent someone. Do what all great classic characters did before them, flesh them out and make them feel like a real life person. For all humans are more than just gay or straight, they have a favorite drink, a meal they enjoy, things they like and dislike, not just their sexually.

    Which also your final statement, conflicts it's self. You say it will make the game better but than go it has no effect on gameplay. Unless you meant story wise than fair point.

    Thank you for the response, I shall address your last point first.


    Yes it is only in regards to the story that having a gay character could improve the game. But it is subjective, meaning it is personal feelings that are correct here rather than some fact that is true for everyone. So if someone hated gay people, then the game will have just gotten worse for them. But for most people there is the potential to improve the story of the game by having one or more lgbt characters.


    Regarding the war genre, it is a good example. Movies from the last century rarely featured homosexual story lines, despite there being gay soldiers who fought in those wars. Often the heterosexuality of those in the war zone is established by longing looks at a photo of their sweetheart back at home, or scenes where they leave their loved one or return after the war. As you mentioned even where their heterosexuality is not explicitly shown, then it is just assumed that everyone involved is straight. Since the majority of people live heterosexual lives, then it is a safe assumption. This is part of the reason there is a desire to come out. Otherwise there would be very little by way of representation of gay people in society. And this it is important to mention that homosexuality has only been legalized over the last fifty years, and equality is a process that is still ongoing. The word gay is used in a pejorative way by some, meaning that it is meant to refer to something that is bad. This is the type of issues that positive representation tackles. If the hero fighting the war is a lesbian or gay person, then the word gay will have this other meaning.


    But to bring this back to this game. Another question that should be asked is, is it the duty of the makers of Dead by Daylight to include gay characters? No, as I see it they should mainly be concerned with making money, creating something they are proud of and entertaining the majority of the players.


    Final point, I totally agree with you about the representation being meaningful, like the show you watch, having well rounded characters who happen to be gay is the goal here. Since the story aspect of this game is expanding and becoming richer, then the opportunity for the inclusion of homosexual characters increase. Does it matter to most players? I wouldn't think so. Should it be done just to fulfill a representation quota? Again I don't think so. I feel that it should be added when one of the game makers/writers gets inspired to include it, whether it is a new character or something revealed about already existing character, it doesn't matter.


    Anyway I think that's pretty much everything I have to say on it, thanks again for the reply.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1727143#Comment_1727143

    The thing is, heterosexuality has already been introduced in this game with the Nurse, Frank and Julie, as well as David. People just want equal representation. If they want to leave sexuality out of the game, fine. But they've already ruined that with the characters I mentioned above.

    I get the feeling people saying "I hope they leave sexuality out of the game" have never actually read the lore, and thus would be unaffected by any LGBT characters being confirmed.

  • @BubbaMain64 said:

    I honestly think bhvr is going to keep the whole "make your own headcanons" sort of route. I don't think we'll see any LGBT characters confirmed anytime soon. I prefer it because really it is a horror game and, while the lore of the character may be an appeal, it shouldn't be the sole focus of a character.

    Because you asked what I mean:


    you said you preferred the way that BHVR does not confirm any LGBT chars because it’s a horror game and they are going the „make your own headcanons“ route.

    (this is wrong as you can see by the tweet that I linked in a post on thin thread btw.)

    but what do you think about the lore of Legion for example: read the tome and tell me that the sexuality of Frank and Julie is up to headcanon. Felix has a pregnant wife. David had a girlfriend. Nurse was married to a man (and got insane after his death). All those characters have at least confirmed heterosexual relationships.

  • I don't know what I expected when I went into this thread, but I did not expect this.

    I don't mind if Yui is lesbian or not. I do find it a bit pointless to argue for it being fact when there is (to my knowledge) no evidence to support it. Currently, it's all headcanon until the devs do something to confirm it.

    If she does turn out to be one, then great. I'm glad the LGBT community can have some representation. There's nothing wrong with being inclusive provided that it's done tastefully.

  • @Awakey said:

    This matters... Why again?

    Not that it's a bad thing, just why does anyone care about the sexuality of a horror games character?

    I hear what you're saying, but if some games want to include things like blood type in their character bios, then why not sexual orientation?

  • I personally don't mind that if one fo the characters is lesbian, gay, or LGBT at all. Just don't take it to an extreme level, I'm not a part of that community however I understand. But if its lets say nagged on about the idea that a decency of the characters are LGBT that is when I draw the line. I don't care about but I don't want it to get out of hand.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1725728#Comment_1725728

    Because you asked what I mean:

    you said you preferred the way that BHVR does not confirm any LGBT chars because it’s a horror game and they are going the „make your own headcanons“ route.

    (this is wrong as you can see by the tweet that I linked in a post on thin thread btw.)

    but what do you think about the lore of Legion for example: read the tome and tell me that the sexuality of Frank and Julie is up to headcanon. Felix has a pregnant wife. David had a girlfriend. Nurse was married to a man (and got insane after his death). All those characters have at least confirmed heterosexual relationships.

    For a majority of characters though, their past relations are left really vague. Plus tomes aren't really that accurate to the backstories of most characters i.e Julie ended up being a murderous psychopath even though in Legion's lore Frank was the one who pressured the others into joining in on killing the janitor. I don't really care if we do or don't have LGBT characters, but I also think a lot of the mystery of the game would be lost if everyone had really detailed backstories.

  • @BubbaMain64 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1727511#Comment_1727511

    For a majority of characters though, their past relations are left really vague. Plus tomes aren't really that accurate to the backstories of most characters i.e Julie ended up being a murderous psychopath even though in Legion's lore Frank was the one who pressured the others into joining in on killing the janitor. I don't really care if we do or don't have LGBT characters, but I also think a lot of the mystery of the game would be lost if everyone had really detailed backstories.

    I guess they do want to expand their lore more and more - for both older and new characters.

    and maybe these stories are actually out of multiverses and that’s how the Legion story’s fit together, who knows.

    frankly I don’t really care, I just don’t want all things LGBT explicitly excluded just because while heterosexual relationships are included. I actually hope, not every char gets their sexuality revealed. Only where it fits in the story naturally.

  • Honestly even with lore that we have gotten about characters having partners in the past or currently having a partner of the opposite gender, that doesn't mean that they are straight. We have to take into account that they could be bi, pan, etc. So unless its been 100% confirmed then every character has the potential to be a part of the LGBTQ+ community.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1729911#Comment_1729911

    I guess they do want to expand their lore more and more - for both older and new characters.

    and maybe these stories are actually out of multiverses and that’s how the Legion story’s fit together, who knows.

    frankly I don’t really care, I just don’t want all things LGBT explicitly excluded just because while heterosexual relationships are included. I actually hope, not every char gets their sexuality revealed. Only where it fits in the story naturally.

    Agreed.

  • @APoipleTurtle said:

    If you want her to be one, then she is.

    If you don't want her to be one, then she isn't.

    At least, I like to think it could be that simple (though I'm sure someone somewhere will still find a problem even with this).

    At the end of the day, the survivors (and killers) are just avatars for the players. They can act and think however you want. David x Dwight can be a thing, or Tapp & Huntress, or Nea = Entity, or none of those.

    Personally, my theory is that the Fog is basically a multiverse where the official lore only truly applies to one out of infinite versions of these characters (hence why you can have multiple survivor "clones" in the same match, or bold Claudettes and cowardly Megs). Anything goes as far as I'm concerned.

    Well said.

  • what in the what??????

    I know OP posted some stuff that was like what am I reading, but what in the what(you know what I'm talking about)????

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    Being a strong woman that stands up for female rights does not make someone a lesbian.

    She might be, she might not be. We'll have to wait and see if they ever say.

    Mate, you can be a strong woman that stands up for female rights AND be a lesbian.... In fact, I would even go as far to say that her being a lesbian is more motivation for her to have feminist ideals.

  • @Kind_Lemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/200158/yui-is-lesbian-right

    I'm sorry, why are we projecting sexuality on Yui?

    and is there no reason to celebrate other things in life on any other day?

    Because it's nice to see people who are like us in media?? Hello? There's nothing wrong with that at all.

  • Glad to see I'm not the only one getting lesbian vibes from her 👀

    Would be awesome to see them confirm it

  • @KeiOrtem said:

    Honestly even with lore that we have gotten about characters having partners in the past or currently having a partner of the opposite gender, that doesn't mean that they are straight. We have to take into account that they could be bi, pan, etc. So unless its been 100% confirmed then every character has the potential to be a part of the LGBTQ+ community.

    Literally this. Thank you!

  • @Green_SeaTurtle said:

    IDK, that’s an interesting theory, but she does have acrylic nails so...

    Bottom erasure smh 🤧🤧🤧

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1727196#Comment_1727196

    I get the feeling people saying "I hope they leave sexuality out of the game" have never actually read the lore, and thus would be unaffected by any LGBT characters being confirmed.

    Since this is directed at me you would be correct on both counts, i haven't read the lore and i personally wouldn't be affected if they brought a LGBT character to the game.

    I was simply stating my opinion that if they did bring a LGBT confirmed character to the game i could see it as an extra excuse for someone to send hate messages ect

    With that being said im all for whatever they choose. Either way it doesn't effect me. I just wanna load up the game and have some fun.

  • @BillyMain77 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1727479#Comment_1727479

    Since this is directed at me you would be correct on both counts, i haven't read the lore and i personally wouldn't be affected if they brought a LGBT character to the game.

    I was simply stating my opinion that if they did bring a LGBT confirmed character to the game i could see it as an extra excuse for someone to send hate messages ect

    With that being said im all for whatever they choose. Either way it doesn't effect me. I just wanna load up the game and have some fun.

    It's "directed at you" in the sense that you're someone who said that, but you're not the only one who said it, so it was more of a general statement.

    With that said, hate messages get you banned, so if this helps ######### get banned it's all the more reason to support it, IMO.

    @Artick said:

    One questions for you people: WHY DOES IT MATTER? It has nothing to do with the game.

    It's lore. Some people enjoy it.

  • I don't know if she is, but it would be ok if she was. We will see when she gets new lore in a future archive.

  • She has too pretty long nails to be lesbian /s

    But for real tho, let's just wait until the devs say something.

    Let's see in her tome in the future

  • Lesbian or not, she's my main and this won't change🥰

  • Still hoping Feng Min is lesbian. I need my head cannon to be validated

  • Please be respectful when commenting on this topic. I've deleted a few comments that were anything but that. Otherwise it has to be closed.

  • Whelp, that didn't seem to work at all. There was a chance, but people apparently can't remain respectful!

    It is possible to be civil and respectful on things you think are not necessary in the game, same for things you'd like to see be added in the game, but if it comes down to attacks and fights - that's not a good to go about it, esepcially these kind of threads.

1 2 3 ›