Locking Charms Behind Watching Certain Streamers for a CHANCE at getting it is ridiculous

So when I'm playing the game to earn everything else I have to hope a code drops while I'm not in a match so I can use it... If I'm in a match i'm just out of luck really... or do I just not play dbd and watch streams all day with the redeem box open?


I don't think limiting charms like this is a very good idea.


Another points that's made, good luck getting these codes typed in as a console gamer.


chrome 21-10 1603294136 .png


Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @Seanzu said:

    So when I'm playing the game to earn everything else I have to hope a code drops while I'm not in a match so I can use it... If I'm in a match do I DC so I can use the code... or do I just not play dbd and watch streams all day with the redeem box open?

    I don't think limiting charms like this is a very good idea.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HZNY09Z90TER/chrome-21-10-1603294136.png

    The hypocrisy of unlocking most cosmetics because you don't want to do "exclusive cosmetics " and then doing this is laughable. Same with the fog whisperer charm - they already are getting paid in auric cells- do they need exclusive cosmetics?

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/199471/locking-charms-behind-watching-certain-streamers-for-a-chance-at-getting-it-is-ridiculous

    The hypocrisy of unlocking most cosmetics because you don't want to do "exclusive cosmetics " and then doing this is laughable. Same with the fog whisperer charm - they already are getting paid in auric cells- do they need exclusive cosmetics?

    I'm fine with Fog Whisperers having these things, they've earned them, but this charm... for an event... basically means you can't play DBD because you have to wait for a code to drop to use it.

  • Where did you find this? I'm probably being dumb asking.

  • no, dont say charms arent automatic...ive collected them all so far.....😭

  • So basically they would rather people watch the game than play it?

    Bruh what is happening lmao

  • Locking content for anyone who isn´t watching 24/7 streams is a terrible idea.

  • Another reason why this event is another disappointment. Great.

  • RIP this console pleb. Typing in codes takes forever.

  • Is there a list of people to watch?

  • I don't understand what happened to making your content actually accessible WITHIN the game.

    I mean, I paid for it. So why can't I get all my content? This isn't a F2P.

  • This is a really dumb idea. I know people like to complain about DBD events but I genuinely don’t know what they’re thinking with this.

  • also if you listen to fog whisper while playing the game, they are forcing you to DC since code is limited and made to use right away...so dumb!!!

  • @Buttercake said:

    also if you listen to fog whisper while playing the game, they are forcing you to DC since code is limited and made to use right away...so dumb!!!

    Feels bad for those people who aren’t hovering over their in game store every second that their watching the stream

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    Where did you find this? I'm probably being dumb asking.

    https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/halloween-2020

  • this a joke right?

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    this a joke right?

    Unfortunately not.

  • @dirtsmell said:

    RIP this console pleb. Typing in codes takes forever.

    Absolutely. I thought they learned after the Twitter Fiasco with the Skin Codes, where they were gone after seconds.

    But nope console plebs are left to rot.

  • guys, * it's a ######### charm*

    that's it

    what's the deal of making some people earn some exclusive charms through streamers?? geez, It's not a cosmetic or a character, it's a little symbol to put on your waist. yeah they're cool but saying that "fog whisperers already have auric cells, why do they have an exclusive charm as well" is like ???? really???

    Is this better than just giving them to all players? no. But is it that outragious? In my opinion no.

    Not being able to earn the cosmetics like the years before is the thing that sucks to me.

  • Are those codes limited uses or limited time use?

    Like first 10 people to input the code win or like it's available for everyone but only for the next 10 minutes?

  • @FoggyWeather_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694441#Comment_1694441

    Absolutely. I thought they learned after the Twitter Fiasco with the Skin Codes, where they were gone after seconds.

    But nope console plebs are left to rot.

    Even if I happen to be in the stream, at the right moment, not in a match and have the store open, I ain't getting one just for lack of being able to get the code in fast enough. Unless I can find a fog whisperer with <10 viewers.

  • @ThGameIsHardButSoAmI said:

    guys, * it's a ######### charm*

    that's it

    what's the deal of making some people earn some exclusive charms through streamers?? geez, It's not a cosmetic or a character, it's a little symbol to put on your waist. yeah they're cool but saying that "fog whisperers already have auric cells, why do they have an exclusive charm as well" is like ???? really???

    Is this better than just giving them to all players? no. But is it that outragious? In my opinion no.

    Not being able to earn the cosmetics like the years before is the thing that sucks to me.

    Because earning in-game content for playing the game shouldn't be a complicated thing. I want to play DbD. Not support soulless money plugs.

  • @ThGameIsHardButSoAmI said:

    guys, * it's a ######### charm*

    that's it

    what's the deal of making some people earn some exclusive charms through streamers?? geez, It's not a cosmetic or a character, it's a little symbol to put on your waist. yeah they're cool but saying that "fog whisperers already have auric cells, why do they have an exclusive charm as well" is like ???? really???

    Is this better than just giving them to all players? no. But is it that outragious? In my opinion no.

    Not being able to earn the cosmetics like the years before is the thing that sucks to me.

    I don't care about old cosmetics so here we are.

    The simple fact is they've released a grindy rift, and to get this charm it's basically "don't play dbd so you might get this charm"

  • @ZerLukas said:

    Are those codes limited uses or limited time use?

    Like first 10 people to input the code win or like it's available for everyone but only for the next 10 minutes?

    The page states limited uses.

  • @ThGameIsHardButSoAmI said:

    guys, * it's a ######### charm*

    that's it

    what's the deal of making some people earn some exclusive charms through streamers?? geez, It's not a cosmetic or a character, it's a little symbol to put on your waist. yeah they're cool but saying that "fog whisperers already have auric cells, why do they have an exclusive charm as well" is like ???? really???

    Is this better than just giving them to all players? no. But is it that outragious? In my opinion no.

    Not being able to earn the cosmetics like the years before is the thing that sucks to me.

    Exactly. It’s a ######### charm. So why make them limited use codes? Just put an expiry date/time on them so people who want to unlock their ######### charms have a chance to without being encouraged to not play the game.

  • @ThGameIsHardButSoAmI said:

    guys, * it's a ######### charm*

    that's it

    what's the deal of making some people earn some exclusive charms through streamers?? geez, It's not a cosmetic or a character, it's a little symbol to put on your waist. yeah they're cool but saying that "fog whisperers already have auric cells, why do they have an exclusive charm as well" is like ???? really???

    Is this better than just giving them to all players? no. But is it that outragious? In my opinion no.

    Not being able to earn the cosmetics like the years before is the thing that sucks to me.

    You seem to be missing out on some of the key points and behaviour (punny, isnt it?) that this will encourage.

    These Fog Whisperer codes are limited time only - which means you'll have A LOT of players disconnecting from matches to try and enter the codes before they're gone.

    Add to this that you'll have a lot of people, on machines now struggling to play the updated graphics, trying to play Twitch streams ontop of their games, reducing their performance and effecting the other players. No to mention having two games overlapping in the background - how do you even play like that?

    This doesnt even take into account people with OCD that feel compelled to unlock/buy everything in a game for completionist sake.

    The Fog Whisperers comment merely highlights BHVRs hypocrisy - nobody is against Fog Whisperers in general.

    This was just poorly thought and poorly executed. End of.

  • are they try to see what they can get away with till everyone quit then they grab the money and run.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    are they try to see what they can get away with till everyone quit then they grab the money and run.

    This game will never die simply because it's like a drug to thousands of players.

    I also still contend that die-hard fans that only play this game are just not good at any other video game.

  • @weirdkid5 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694528#Comment_1694528

    Because earning in-game content for playing the game shouldn't be a complicated thing. I want to play DbD. Not support soulless money plugs.

    charms being given to people on streams doesn't affect you ability to play dbd imo

  • @ThGameIsHardButSoAmI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694535#Comment_1694535

    charms being given to people on streams doesn't affect you ability to play dbd imo

    Not the point. The point is the charm should be unlockable by playing the game.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694528#Comment_1694528

    You seem to be missing out on some of the key points and behaviour (punny, isnt it?) that this will encourage.

    These Fog Whisperer codes are limited time only - which means you'll have A LOT of players disconnecting from matches to try and enter the codes before they're gone.

    Add to this that you'll have a lot of people, on machines now struggling to play the updated graphics, trying to play Twitch streams ontop of their games, reducing their performance and effecting the other players. No to mention having two games overlapping in the background - how do you even play like that?

    This doesnt even take into account people with OCD that feel compelled to unlock/buy everything in a game for completionist sake.

    The Fog Whisperers comment merely highlights BHVRs hypocrisy - nobody is against Fog Whisperers in general.

    This was just poorly thought and poorly executed. End of.

    I do agree with the way the code works, it sould be given to someone directly, not whoever puts first, so I agree with the poorly executed.

  • So much mixed messaging here, I agree if they don't want to do any more exclusives why is this a thing? It wouldn't be so bad if it was a guarantee path to acquiring the charms, like how Overwatch requires you to watch streamers for a few hours but you're guaranteed the rewards. Or streamers give out Global codes with substantial redemptions, like a 100,000 per code. They must be really trying to get people to watch the streamers.

  • @Nicholas said:

    So much mixed messaging here, I agree if they don't want to do any more exclusives why is this a thing? It wouldn't be so bad if it was a guarantee path to acquiring the charms, like how Overwatch requires you to watch streamers for a few hours but you're guaranteed the rewards. Or streamers give out Global codes with substantial redemptions, like a 100,000 per code. They must be really trying to get people to watch the streamers.

    "No more exclusives"

    Yet The Rift will still have cosmetics that will never come back to the store. I'm not sure why people take BHVR at face value.

  • @weirdkid5 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694570#Comment_1694570

    This game will never die simply because it's like a drug to thousands of players.

    I also still contend that die-hard fans that only play this game are just not good at any other video game.

    true but it wont keep it alive for long.

  • @weirdkid5 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694614#Comment_1694614

    "No more exclusives"

    Yet The Rift will still have cosmetics that will never come back to the store. I'm not sure why people take BHVR at face value.

    chrome 21-10 1603297465 .png

    https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/state-of-the-archives

    They're still going to release some, they said this just yesterday

  • Maybe they mean the charms. I mean BHVR themselves said most items will come back, not all of them.

  • Then they're going back on their previous word that certain things, like the Charms, will remain exclusive.

    Not surprised though.

    When are they giving back my Legacy is the real question.

  • @weirdkid5 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694642#Comment_1694642

    Then they're going back on their previous word that certain things, like the Charms, will remain exclusive.

    Not surprised though.

    When are they giving back my Legacy is the real question.

    It doesn't say charms anywhere in that, they've said since the beginning of the tome that some outfits will end up coming to the store.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694664#Comment_1694664

    It doesn't say charms anywhere in that, they've said since the beginning of the tome that some outfits will end up coming to the store.

    No what I'm saying is a few months back this was a topic and apparently it was said that certain things like the final charm wouldn't come back.

    I don't have a reference for that as it was probably 8 months ago but that's a thing I read from several people.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694535#Comment_1694535

    Missing the point... it's a charm. If you don't want to watch the streamers, then don't. Your life and experience playing the game will not change in the slightest without that charm.

    That's also not the point. The point is in-game content should be unlockable in-game.

    Not sure how many times I need to say it.

  • first of all the fog whisperers are being given codes to GIVE out. if you watch them you get a little bonus. they did not say these would not later show up in the store but just that currently there are limited activations of each code. This event is showing me exactly what the people here are: most are whiners because they don't want to think, and actually read what is said. I read that and it just says currently they are limited, but doesn't say they are limited the whole time. instead of complaining about this you litterally could have asked "hey behavior, I know you want some things to be exclusive for a short time but what about this? it's not specified if this will make it to the store later." come on and be realistic. the archives/rift has ALWAYS said for a time it would not go to the store but they never specified the exact time just a minimum time before that happens

  • Some clarification from the devs would be appreciated. I don't like the idea of rushing to the game and inputting a code if it is limited to like the first 100 people watching the stream, because that will go fast and then we have to wait around again in another stream for the same lottery.

  • wait is dead by daylight turning into overwatch seems like they stole their tactics

  • They're doing it to boost viewer counts and make it appear that Dead by Daylight is bigger than it is. Hoping to bring in some fresh meat to buy some skins and DLCs.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694747#Comment_1694747

    Why though? That's entirely arbitrary. Games have been doing stuff like this forever. DBD has codes you have to find elsewhere for BPs, charms, etc. Borderlands had you check Twitter for codes that could be redeemed for spins of a rare gun box. Many games give you cosmetics for linking your Twitch account and things like that. Etc. It's just a small incentive to interact with the game in more ways, and it's not punishing in the slightest if you choose not to do it. If you could unlock a unique perk that made you run at 105% speed or something, sure, shout it from the rooftops; that actually makes a competitive difference. For small cosmetic rewards, who cares? If the cosmetics somehow mean a lot to you, you can still easily get them. If they don't mean a lot to you, then ignore them.

    Just because other games do it doesn't mean anything.

    Content is Content regardless of your personal viewpoint on it. Twitch Prime is also a bad example because not every country has access to Twitch Prime.

    All you're doing is giving more reasons why this kind of stuff should be abolished.

  • What is it with these codes now? Are they time based or imput based now? I found both answers.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    wait is dead by daylight turning into overwatch seems like they stole their tactics

    At least with Overwatch you're guaranteed the rewards for watching streams.

  • Not even gonna try for that one.

    I don't wanna do something i don't want to do to get a microscopic chance at getting a Charm i'll never equip.

  • "sweetdreams" and "eternalblight" are two codes I know of that work. Act fast coz we dont know how long they will last...

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    "sweetdreams" and "eternalblight" are two codes I know of that work. Act fast coz we dont know how long they will last...

    Where do you even enter them?

  • Go into the in game store. At the top right theres a button that says "Redeem Code". Click that and enter!

‹ 1 2