IT IS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY KILLER.

Does anyone know when they will patch the hook and The Plague bugs? I can’t play as killer anymore :’(

Comments

  • @xQueenlyMajesty said:

    Does anyone know when they will patch the hook and the The Plague bugs? I can’t play as killer anymore :’(

    Hook bug is coming soon. This week, apparently.

    Plague bug I'm not familiar with - one of the killers that I really just can't play.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/193479/it-is-near-impossible-to-play-killer

    Hook bug is coming soon. This week, apparently.

    Plague bug I'm not familiar with - one of the killers that I really just can't play.

    How come you can’t play The Plague?

  • If you're having the hook bug, just drop and try again. It's super annoying but it works most times for me. I'm guessing it's going to be toward the end of the week before we see the fix for the hooks. Don't know what the Plague issue is though.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    If you're having the hook bug, just drop and try again. It's super annoying but it works most times for me. I'm guessing it's going to be toward the end of the week before we see the fix for the hooks. Don't know what the Plague issue is though.

    Sometimes you just cant drop the person. Lose/lose situation

  • Looking down while walking towards the hook usually prevents me from getting the hook bug.

  • Just can't get the hang of her. Survivors, even at my crappy rank seem to know exactly how to avoid her goop and I find bigger or indoor maps to be absolutely miserable with her.

    Leveling her to get teachables, then I'm done. I much prefer sneaky or high mobility killers. With Plague, it feels like I'm playing a slow water sprinkler rather than a killer :).

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1635848#Comment_1635848

    Just can't get the hang of her. Survivors, even at my crappy rank seem to know exactly how to avoid her goop and I find bigger or indoor maps to be absolutely miserable with her.

    Leveling her to get teachables, then I'm done. I much prefer sneaky or high mobility killers. With Plague, it feels like I'm playing a slow water sprinkler rather than a killer :).

    You do realize that you don't actually have to play her to level her up, right? Play a killer you're good at / get a lot of points with, and then spend those points on the Plague for her teachables

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1635865#Comment_1635865

    You do realize that you don't actually have to play her to level her up, right? Play a killer you're good at / get a lot of points with, and then spend those points on the Plague for her teachables

    Yeah, will likely end up doing that. Just feel like I sort of need to play her, as I bought her (fortunately on special).

  • I've wasted many coin on dlc killers. Plague, legion, and slinger are my most regrettable purchases. Had a lot of fun with them when they came out. Legion got nerfed to the ground, plague was fun until survivors figured out just dont cleanse, and slinger was fun until it turned into gen rush the dog shite out of him. Basically stopping any kind of fun matches i get with him.

    But oni, ghostface, spirit, PH, and now blight have been nice additions to my rotation so I won't complain too much lol

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1635869#Comment_1635869

    Yeah, will likely end up doing that. Just feel like I sort of need to play her, as I bought her (fortunately on special).

    How to play Plague:

    • Step 1): Use Blood Echo

    Done. If no one cleanses you can shutdown all Exhaustion perks for most of the game and Iron Will, as it doesn't work on the vomit sounds they make.

    If you can't fully infect someone hit them with as much as you can and then hit them normally instead of wasting time. Most survivors don't heal and you can trigger Blood Echo on them even if they are not fully infected until then.

    If they cleanse keep track of clear fountains and stop survivors from using the last one. Don't use fountains unless they are on the way to wherever you want to go or you need to use one to stop all from being corrupted and forcing you into Corrupt Purge.

  • @F5arTheB5ard said:

    I've wasted many coin on dlc killers. Plague, legion, and slinger are my most regrettable purchases. Had a lot of fun with them when they came out. Legion got nerfed to the ground, plague was fun until survivors figured out just dont cleanse, and slinger was fun until it turned into gen rush the dog shite out of him. Basically stopping any kind of fun matches i get with him.

    But oni, ghostface, spirit, PH, and now blight have been nice additions to my rotation so I won't complain too much lol

    I actually rather like Legion. With Calling and some slowdown perks (next up comes grinding out Undying) I can slow a game to molasses and force mistakes.

    They aren't Hag or Spirit, but I have a blast playing them.

    Deathslinger...yeah. There's a killer for another day.

  • Still on devout challenge because of this hook bug....

  • The hook bug is supposed to be fixed this week. For now just drop them and pick them back up. It's really annoying (especially because dropping Survivors is bugged and sometimes I have to mash the button to get it to work), but it's a fix.

    What's the Plague bug? I haven't played as her in a bit.

  • @Bradyguy99 said:

    Still on devout challenge because of this hook bug....

    Just wait until the Obsession challenge. People will endlessly DC just to deny you. Took me...a long time.

  • @lookatmenoww00 said:

    The way I had fun playing killer is, I pick Michael Myers and put that red Mori thing on, with the add on that don’t let you go pass tier 1 and see through walls, along with a move faster stalking add on. I also use perks such as bbq, haunted ground, ruin, and sloppy. Im gonna try monitor and abuse once I get another red mori thingy. With that, it’s fun

    Hang on, I thought your entire purpose of playing was to grief other survivors by deliberately DCing?

  • image.png

    Nope, no idea when the hook bug will be fixed.

    Also killer is unplayable? Then what the ######### have I been doing these past two weeks?

  • Hook bug is fixed by looking directly at the hook, holding S for a second, then going back to it and pushing spacebar.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    The hook bug is supposed to be fixed this week. For now just drop them and pick them back up. It's really annoying (especially because dropping Survivors is bugged and sometimes I have to mash the button to get it to work), but it's a fix.

    What's the Plague bug? I haven't played as her in a bit.

    The Plague teleports backwards and to the sides after you using her power, you can’t play as The Plague anymore because of this bug.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1635848#Comment_1635848

    Just can't get the hang of her. Survivors, even at my crappy rank seem to know exactly how to avoid her goop and I find bigger or indoor maps to be absolutely miserable with her.

    Leveling her to get teachables, then I'm done. I much prefer sneaky or high mobility killers. With Plague, it feels like I'm playing a slow water sprinkler rather than a killer :).

    The Plague is not for everyone but she is for me because I used to wreck people and almost always get 4K before this bug.

  • @xQueenlyMajesty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1635940#Comment_1635940

    The Plague teleports backwards and to the sides after you using her power, you can’t play as The Plague anymore because of this bug.

    I noticed that too... Very weird

  • With the game breaking, intermittently disappearing scratch mark shadow nerf of last patch I whole heartedly agree.

  • @xQueenlyMajesty said:

    Does anyone know when they will patch the hook and the The Plague bugs? I can’t play as killer anymore :’(

    The wraith is also bugged, when you uncloak and immediately try to yank someone from getting the hook save you'll get stuck there I lost the game cuz of it

  • Anybody else having the issue of disappearing survivors? Like I was chasing someone and just before I could hit them they just vanished into thin air. Not like ducked out of the way but like I seen them just turn into nothingness

  • For a game that's been out for four years, the amount of bugs that keep popping up is damn embarrassing. Between this and the piss poor matchmaking, I don't see how anyone keeps playing this game.

  • Impossible?

    Hold my lemonade.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    Impossible?

    Hold my lemonade.

    How do you like to prepare your lemonade? Do you like a particular brand, or just classic organic?

  • @The_Dream_Demon said:

    Anybody else having the issue of disappearing survivors? Like I was chasing someone and just before I could hit them they just vanished into thin air. Not like ducked out of the way but like I seen them just turn into nothingness

    https://youtu.be/Vta5rAYqukQ

    The magic Kingdom of Coldwind Farm. Hehe

  • @bredbeddle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1636673#Comment_1636673

    How do you like to prepare your lemonade? Do you like a particular brand, or just classic organic?

    I squeeze my own lemons. I squeeze em real good.

  • YES. THANK YOU. I lose chases because I can't break pallets, kills because I have to back up from the hook and walk back up to it to try hooking the same survivor for the 25th time, and get smacked with head on because I can't open lockers.

  • @The_Dream_Demon said:

    Anybody else having the issue of disappearing survivors? Like I was chasing someone and just before I could hit them they just vanished into thin air. Not like ducked out of the way but like I seen them just turn into nothingness

    Yes. I have. One match someone kept doing that and i assumed on hacker. She would rescue, i would chase it was like on some loop because she was in the location when I first started the chase. Then I just had that happen recently. It's so weird. Also I have had this teleport issue with a lot of other killers

  • The plague is broken and using vile purge just lags the game so bad you legit teleport. The hook bug is costing me survivor hooks. Even when I back up and come back it still doesn't work and I don't have time to drop the survivor and pick them up because I get blinded this game is ridiculous ATM. Most killer animations like breaking a pallet or kicking a generator are having issues to.

  • @xQueenlyMajesty said:

    Does anyone know when they will patch the hook and the The Plague bugs? I can’t play as killer anymore :’(

    It’s actually the other way around. Killer is too easy 🤔

  • @The_Dream_Demon said:

    Anybody else having the issue of disappearing survivors? Like I was chasing someone and just before I could hit them they just vanished into thin air. Not like ducked out of the way but like I seen them just turn into nothingness

    I've seen it and I believe it could be lag or intentional lag switching where a survivor just teleportes behind you but you do collide with something before they teleport.

    Its intentional when it obvious. there was this one game where 3 survivors all lag switched purposely where I couldn't hook them (before hook bug) or picked them up and would teleport to the down survivor and start healing.

    I could tell with their build unbreakable/boilover.

  • You could play as one of the other 20 killers in the game instead of outright quitting. The hook glitch is mildly annoying though lol

  • @xQueenlyMajesty said:

    Does anyone know when they will patch the hook and the The Plague bugs? I can’t play as killer anymore :’(

    I’ve mained Plague since her release. She’ll never be fixed. It’s why I play her less and less now.

    I.e. every chapter, patch, update brings new bugs to Plague. They fix those, but they’re quickly replaced with new bugs. She’s regularly a total mess.

  • I have several killer adepts, so it's certainly not impossible, just difficult.

    The hook bug is being fixed this week.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1635848#Comment_1635848

    Just can't get the hang of her. Survivors, even at my crappy rank seem to know exactly how to avoid her goop and I find bigger or indoor maps to be absolutely miserable with her.

    Leveling her to get teachables, then I'm done. I much prefer sneaky or high mobility killers. With Plague, it feels like I'm playing a slow water sprinkler rather than a killer :).

    I used to feel the same way about her but when the MMR was out I was apparently one of the few people that it eventually started to work for and I got to practice with my plague against not 1 rank competition which just gave me some time to get some mechanics down. I really like her takes practice and don't worry about people not cleansing that just means you can knock them down in one hit. Don't give up on her so fast.

  • This one is pretty much hacking. I saw that on youtube, not explained how it works but showing killer and survivor view. A typical indicator for this hack is that at least 1-2 sec before the vanish the survivor does run in a straight line and not looking anywhere, so no mouse movement and plain Shift+W

    When the hack is activated, the survivor model keeps running in a straight line but the actual survivor can move somewhere else. As soon as the hack is deactivated, the "husk" for the killer disappears and the survivor is visible back in place

  • I thought this was going to be about the absolute state of killer right now.

    • Scratchmarks worst they’ve ever been
    • Sounds worst they’ve ever been
    • Aim-dressing actually making you miss hits
    • Impossible to do grabs anymore
    • If a survivor unhooks in front of your face the game actually locks on to the survivor you DONT want to hit....this despite a development team claiming there is no auto-aim

    Yeah I dont regret giving this crud a negative review

  • @xQueenlyMajesty said:

    Does anyone know when they will patch the hook and the The Plague bugs? I can’t play as killer anymore :’(

    Is plague busted right now? I've been playing her and am not able to consistently hit with corrupt purge at all.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    If you're having the hook bug, just drop and try again. It's super annoying but it works most times for me. I'm guessing it's going to be toward the end of the week before we see the fix for the hooks. Don't know what the Plague issue is though.

    If you don't want to drop try walking to the hook, if it does the glitch then walk backwards then back to the hook.

  • @F5arTheB5ard said:

    I've wasted many coin on dlc killers. Plague, legion, and slinger are my most regrettable purchases. Had a lot of fun with them when they came out. Legion got nerfed to the ground, plague was fun until survivors figured out just dont cleanse, and slinger was fun until it turned into gen rush the dog shite out of him. Basically stopping any kind of fun matches i get with him.

    But oni, ghostface, spirit, PH, and now blight have been nice additions to my rotation so I won't complain too much lol

    Gen Rush isn't a thing.

  • I am sorry your killer (Plague) is unplayable. Might I suggest a killer like Spirit, who is currently resistant to Decisive Strike stuns? 🤣

  • @xQueenlyMajesty said:

    Does anyone know when they will patch the hook and The Plague bugs? I can’t play as killer anymore :’(

    Wait when it comes to bugs when you finish use her power after aiming at the Survivor do you just teleport to a different area? It's been happening to me when I play plague

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1635894#Comment_1635894

    I actually rather like Legion. With Calling and some slowdown perks (next up comes grinding out Undying) I can slow a game to molasses and force mistakes.

    They aren't Hag or Spirit, but I have a blast playing them.

    Deathslinger...yeah. There's a killer for another day.

    What do you run on legion? I want to make a build as irritating as possible without making him toxic.

  • @DariusB92 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1636629#Comment_1636629

    Yes. I have. One match someone kept doing that and i assumed on hacker. She would rescue, i would chase it was like on some loop because she was in the location when I first started the chase. Then I just had that happen recently. It's so weird. Also I have had this teleport issue with a lot of other killers

    What you had it is called lag switch, I can't really explain how it's done since I don't know but basically they start running from a bit and turn it on, then you as a killer keep seeing the survivor go running but they are in the same spot.

  • @xQueenlyMajesty said:

    Does anyone know when they will patch the hook and The Plague bugs? I can’t play as killer anymore :’(

    Hook bug, frame drops, gen rushing, god loops, second chance perks, keys. Killer hasn't been fun in a long, long time.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1636729#Comment_1636729

    This one is pretty much hacking. I saw that on youtube, not explained how it works but showing killer and survivor view. A typical indicator for this hack is that at least 1-2 sec before the vanish the survivor does run in a straight line and not looking anywhere, so no mouse movement and plain Shift+W

    When the hack is activated, the survivor model keeps running in a straight line but the actual survivor can move somewhere else. As soon as the hack is deactivated, the "husk" for the killer disappears and the survivor is visible back in place

    Nope... It's on console and I guess there are no hacking

‹ 1 2