Start a chase with 16 different survivors CHALLENGE

= "Play 4 matches as Killer"

Like eeehhh.... arent challenges meant to be interesting and bring new stuff into the game?

Why do we have so many of these "FILLER" challenges aka "just play" challenges? I mean, thanks for the BP I guess? But pls put some more effort into the challenges or remove them, do less challenges and relocate the fragments and BPs into different challenges

Comments

  • I mean, sometimes you just never run into the 4th person though.

  • @Momentosis said:

    I mean, sometimes you just never run into the 4th person though.

    "Hold my beer"

    -Legion

  • @Momentosis said:

    I mean, sometimes you just never run into the 4th person though.

    How often does that happen? Once every 100 matches? and even then, just do 5 matches ... wooow so interesting

  • @LowSpecGamersMatter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576846#Comment_1576846

    How often does that happen? Once every 100 matches? and even then, just do 5 matches ... wooow so interesting

    Kick 15 generators, repair 12 generators, make survivors scream 45 times. 🤷‍♂️

    This level of the tome is lazy in its grindy design.

  • Say what you want but I'd rather have these type of easy but grindy challenges then kill every survivor in the basement style ones.

    I do agree they could come up with something a tad more interesting though.

  • If your suggesting make them harder I'm not with you on that.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576853#Comment_1576853

    Kick 15 generators, repair 12 generators, make survivors scream 45 times. 🤷‍♂️

    This level of the tome is lazy in its grindy design.

    Better the grind than some of the other challenges. "2 kills in ECG with NoED"

    ######### please. I DESPISE the existence of NoED and if I get to ECG, then those survivors are getting out anyway.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576853#Comment_1576853

    Kick 15 generators, repair 12 generators, make survivors scream 45 times. 🤷‍♂️

    This level of the tome is lazy in its grindy design.

    I kicked 15 gens and made survivors scream 45 times in one match each. Wasn't that grindy. There are some that are, though. Never going to blind the killer 5 times, I can barely do it ONCE.

  • Don't see what's wrong with grinding.

    It's either that or incredibly stupid situational sh*t like take a person from the locker while using Iron Maiden or smth.

  • What is that even mean? Legion's power ignores everything.

  • @xenofon13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576991#Comment_1576991

    What is that even mean? Legion's power ignores everything.

    It ignores everything upon finding a survivor, not before finding a survivor

  • Yeah, I'm getting tired of the same challenge. This challenge is in almost all Tomes(if not all). Just ask for the community feedback about tomes challenge ideias.

  • @bjorksnas Okay bud. 4 Claudettes, 4 Cloaked Wraith's, Legion can start a chase with them in few seconds.

    So is that hard for you to start a chase with 4 survivors. Got it.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576922#Comment_1576922

    Better the grind than some of the other challenges. "2 kills in ECG with NoED"

    ######### please. I DESPISE the existence of NoED and if I get to ECG, then those survivors are getting out anyway.

    Just for kicks, I ran a basement Bubba + NOED build last night. Played mostly against purple ranks. If they didn't come into my basement and get snowballed, I waited until the last gen was about to pop and then left the basement to be ready for NOED.

    My minimum was 2k, but most were 3k and 4k. Didn't have a 1k or 0k at all.

    Granted, that's a sure fire way to de-pip, so I had to play some normal games in-between to stay relative to where I started, but this all went on for about five hours last night because I was bored and couldn't believe it killed so well with so little effort.

    Not something I would normally run and play since it's boring as all hell, but after a thread about Bubba yesterday, and all the NOED complaints, I wanted to finally see this for myself. I'd never done Basement Bubba or used NOED before then.

    It's amazing how effective NOED can be. Even in purple ranks they seem to have an allergy to totems. Still not going to run NOED regularly, but definitely adding it to my "I'm being annoying" builds.

    Maybe after Blight comes out I'll figure out a "You Should Do Totems 101" build. 😂

  • @Elcopollo said:

    Don't see what's wrong with grinding.

    It's either that or incredibly stupid situational sh*t like take a person from the locker while using Iron Maiden or smth.

    I don't mind grinding in the right type of games, say for example an MMO, or 100% achievement completion in something like Batman: Arkham, et cetera.

    In my PvP games? Not a fan.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576853#Comment_1576853

    Kick 15 generators, repair 12 generators, make survivors scream 45 times. 🤷‍♂️

    This level of the tome is lazy in its grindy design.

    yeah, I really have no fun doing them. Its like it doesnt exist and I get some free BP here and there. WHats the point of it?

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    Say what you want but I'd rather have these type of easy but grindy challenges then kill every survivor in the basement style ones.

    I do agree they could come up with something a tad more interesting though.

    Oh yeah for sure, thats better than these crazy challenges like 4 men basement and stuff... But maaan... cant BHVR find the middle spot. Its ALWAYS either one extreme or the other extreme. Not a single aspect in this game is actually balanced lol

  • @LowSpecGamersMatter said:

    = "Play 4 matches as Killer"

    Like eeehhh.... arent challenges meant to be interesting and bring new stuff into the game?

    Why do we have so many of these "FILLER" challenges aka "just play" challenges? I mean, thanks for the BP I guess? But pls put some more effort into the challenges or remove them, do less challenges and relocate the fragments and BPs into different challenges

    That is all the tomes are just play the game challenges.

  • @kamisen said:

    As mentioned in a previous thread, I noticed the tome didn't take me so far in the rift. So I decided to compare the previous rifts, where they actually adjusted the economy in a positive manner, with the one we have now. Apparently BHVR have re-adjusted the values and now we have have less challenges than we had in both tome II and III. So far they have removed 2 common and 2 master challenges from each each web. Se the comparison below.

    Now, BHVR is obviously free to make their own choices with their business model. But what grinds my gears is the fact that they (to my knowledge at least) didn't communicate this change to their player base. If my previous experience with the rift showed me that I could reach level 70 with X amount of effort, I would probably buy the rift pass again, confident I could make it in time. But because of the fact that BHVR changed the playing field, I may very well find myself not being able to make the rift in time and cash in some extra $ to reach the last few levels. This doesn't sit right with me and I tend to stay away from companies that employ these methods.

    I hope that I'm completely off with this so feel free to add insights that may change my mind. Also, if anyone has a print screen of the upcoming levels of tome IV, please send it to me so I can add it to the roster.

    PREVIOUS TOME (III)

    Level 1: 13 common and 11 rare challenges = 94 fragments (+10 for completion)

    Level 2: 13 common and 11 rare challenges = 89 fragments (+10 for completion)

    Level 3: 13 common and 11 rare challenges = 89 fragments (+10 for completion)

    Level 4: 12 common and 12 rare challenges = 96 fragments (+10 for completion)

    Total: 405

    CURRENT TOME (IV)

    Level 1: 11 common and 9 rare challenges = 78 fragments (+10 for completion)

    Level 2: 11 common and 9 rare challenges = 78 fragments (+10 for completion)

    (Level 3 and 4 not confirmed)

    Level 3: 12 common and 8 rare challenges = 76 fragments (+10 for completion)

    Level 4: 12 common and 8 rare challenges = 76 fragments (+10 for completion)

    Total: 348

    EDIT:

    The current tome (including non-official stats) yields a total of 348 fragments. That's only 8 more fragments than Tome I that BHVR stated was too grindy. Now, obviously our queue times has approved somewhat since back then, but they cut 57 fragments since last time, almost 6 levels. You get approximately 0.8 fragments per game played. This means you need to play approx. 70 matches on top of the one you needed to play since the last tome. That's quite a few games.

    Tome I: 340 fragments

    Tome II: 393 fragments

    Tome III: 405 fragments

    Tome IV: 348 fragments

    It is also worth mentioning that the number of fragments and challenges has been reduced in this tome.

  • @LowSpecGamersMatter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576922#Comment_1576922

    yeah, I really have no fun doing them. Its like it doesnt exist and I get some free BP here and there. WHats the point of it?

    Exactly.

  • I played similar challenge on previous rift. I did 4k but chased only 3. Ace used to hide in bushes while I shot him down with hatchets. And this son of a ######### never got into chase with me. I had to play extra game to complete this challenge.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576922#Comment_1576922

    Better the grind than some of the other challenges. "2 kills in ECG with NoED"

    ######### please. I DESPISE the existence of NoED and if I get to ECG, then those survivors are getting out anyway.

    lmao my thoughts exactly

  • I’d rather have this than challenges like “get two kills in the EGC with NOED”, “kill everyone in the basement”, or “find a Survivor in a locker while using Iron Maiden”.

  • Almost as good as the ######### like "get 10 bronze chaser emblems"

  • @CalamityJane said:

    Almost as good as the ######### like "get 10 bronze chaser emblems"

    I mean, they could basically just write "play 10 games" and leave it as that lol